Options

*** E. Rutherford II Fanviews 6/2 Here ***

thefireiscookingthefireiscooking Posts: 10
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Ed Pre-Set: No Surrender

My Morning Jacket Set List: It Makes No Difference (w/ Ed), Gideon, Lay Low, What a Wonderful Man, Wordless Chorus, Anytime, One Big Holiday, Run Thru

Pearl Jam Set List: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Hail Hail, Animal, Love Boat Captain, In Hiding, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Whipping, Gone, Comatose, State Of Love And Trust, Rats, Garden, Inside Job, Porch

1st Encore: Army Reserve, Hard To Imagine, Last Kiss, Black, Crazy Mary, Last Exit

2nd Encore: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Lukin, Leash, Don't Gimme No Lip, Why Go, Leaving Here, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter / (Star Spangled Banner)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Set list source: tenclub.net, mymorningjacket.com, theskyiscrape.com, Message Pit’s “ACCBootlegGoddess” and you.

Thank you for sharing, thefireiscooking

~
bernadine holland
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I or II?
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    theredhand wrote:
    I or II?

good question. looks like a more than excellent set list. i could handle that for the cincinnati show :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    clydefroclydefro Posts: 18
    theredhand wrote:
    I or II?

Night II definitely. Ed even said something about the audience being better singers tonight than the first night. Much more energy from the crowd as a whole tonight I thought. Technical problem before Animal was a little bump in the road but overall a fantastic show.
  • Options
    crowd was fuckin horrible, ed tried everything to get them going, the only songs they were awake for were last kiss and alive, it's a shame they decided to end the tour here, the crowd sucked!
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    clydefro wrote:
    Night II definitely. Ed even said something about the audience being better singers tonight than the first night. Much more energy from the crowd as a whole tonight I thought. Technical problem before Animal was a little bump in the road but overall a fantastic show.

Is my setlist correct?? I just find it odd that they would open with the same 3 songs 2 nights in a row.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    What a show!! I never thought I'd see another show as good as the shows at MSG in 2003 but this one was damn close.

Ed came out early to play Springsteen's No Surrender to a relatively small but enthusiastic crowd. He stuck around to play with MMJ on the first song of their set at well. Since it was the last night MMJ was touring with PJ they thanked Pearl Jam profusely throughout their set.

Fast forward an hour and Pearl Jam takes the stage and starts Severed Hand without the pre-recorded intro. This was the last song I expected them to open with considering they opened with it the previous show at the same venue but it sounded great so who cares. They charged through the next few songs until they got to Animal. About a quarter of the way through Animal all the power on stage went out and there was silence. It took 3 to 5 minutes for them to get things working again. The guys just stood around the stage, Ed had a smoke. When the power returned Ed said he didn't care because they were going to be there for a while and wondered if someone forgot to pay the bill. Then they restarted Animal from the beginning.

Love Boat Captain and In Hiding were nice surprises. Around this time Ed commented that the crowd was much better than the one Thursday night and he was right. It was loud! He also mentioned that this was the last night of the first leg and it was not accident they were finishing in Jersey.

I Am Mine was played for someone named Meg.

Before Gone Ed mentioned how he wrote it last year in Atlantic City while he was trying to learn a Springsteen song for those gigs.

Rats was great to hear live since I personally hadn't seen it played since 1996 and it hasn't been on many boots until this year so it sounded fresh. Stone was going crazy during this one.

Mike had the double neck guitar for Inside Job and the laser lights were in full effect.

Porch had the slow intro with Ed on guitar. They jammed for 7 or 8 minutes during the bridge while Ed shined a light around the arena. Great version.

When they returned for the first encore Ed mentioned that it was West Memphis Three Worldwide Awareness day and brought Damien Echols wife on stage to say hello. They then played Army Resever since Damien helped write it.

Hard to Imagine was incredible and the crowd really loved it.

Last Kiss was played to the back of the stage and Matt even had a drum kit set up facing the back. Crazy Mary was very long and intense. Boom was going nuts.

When they returned for the second encore Ed mentioned how great the crowd was again and not just tonight, how great Northeastern crowds had been over the years. There was lots of love between the band and crowd tonight.

When Stone grabbed the mic for Don't Gimme No Lip he thanked Ed for everything he does, the crowd went nuts. Stone doesn't play guitar on this song and seemed to really enjoy singing it. The crowd gave him a great response.

Leaving Here was dedicated to all the strong women around the band and the strong women in the room. Jeff & Matt took the solos.

The lights were on for Alive and it was incredibly loud during the fist pumping "yeahs" at the end.

Mike tagged the Star Spangled Banner on the end of Ledbetter, Pearl Jam took a bow, and the show was over.

Danny Masterson from the 70s show was in the crowd again. So were the Olsen twins but they left during Ledbetter.

Buy this boot!
    2008: 6/24, 6/25, 6/27
    2006: 5/14, 5/27, 5/31, 6/1
    2004: 10/1
    2003: 7/8, 7/9
    2000: 8/24, 9/2
    1998: 9/8, 9/11
    1996: 9/28, 9/29
  • Options
    What a show!! I never thought I'd see another show as good as the shows at MSG in 2003 but this one was damn close.

Ed came out early to play Springsteen's No Surrender to a relatively small but enthusiastic crowd. He stuck around to play with MMJ on the first song of their set at well. Since it was the last night MMJ was touring with PJ they thanked Pearl Jam profusely throughout their set.

Fast forward an hour and Pearl Jam takes the stage and starts Severed Hand without the pre-recorded intro. This was the last song I expected them to open with considering they opened with it the previous show at the same venue but it sounded great so who cares. They charged through the next few songs until they got to Animal. About a quarter of the way through Animal all the power on stage went out and there was silence. It took 3 to 5 minutes for them to get things working again. The guys just stood around the stage, Ed had a smoke. When the power returned Ed said he didn't care because they were going to be there for a while and wondered if someone forgot to pay the bill. Then they restarted Animal from the beginning.

Love Boat Captain and In Hiding were nice surprises. Around this time Ed commented that the crowd was much better than the one Thursday night and he was right. It was loud! He also mentioned that this was the last night of the first leg and it was not accident they were finishing in Jersey.

I Am Mine was played for someone named Meg.

Before Gone Ed mentioned how he wrote it last year in Atlantic City while he was trying to learn a Springsteen song for those gigs.

Rats was great to hear live since I personally hadn't seen it played since 1996 and it hasn't been on many boots until this year so it sounded fresh. Stone was going crazy during this one.

Mike had the double neck guitar for Inside Job and the laser lights were in full effect.

Porch had the slow intro with Ed on guitar. They jammed for 7 or 8 minutes during the bridge while Ed shined a light around the arena. Great version.

When they returned for the first encore Ed mentioned that it was West Memphis Three Worldwide Awareness day and brought Damien Echols wife on stage to say hello. They then played Army Resever since Damien helped write it.

Hard to Imagine was incredible and the crowd really loved it.

Last Kiss was played to the back of the stage and Matt even had a drum kit set up facing the back. Crazy Mary was very long and intense. Boom was going nuts.

When they returned for the second encore Ed mentioned how great the crowd was again and not just tonight, how great Northeastern crowds had been over the years. There was lots of love between the band and crowd tonight.

When Stone grabbed the mic for Don't Gimme No Lip he thanked Ed for everything he does, the crowd went nuts. Stone doesn't play guitar on this song and seemed to really enjoy singing it. The crowd gave him a great response.

Leaving Here was dedicated to all the strong women around the band and the strong women in the room. Jeff & Matt took the solos.

The lights were on for Alive and it was incredibly loud during the fist pumping "yeahs" at the end.

Mike tagged the Star Spangled Banner on the end of Ledbetter, Pearl Jam took a bow, and the show was over.

Danny Masterson from the 70s show was in the crowd again. So were the Olsen twins but they left during Ledbetter.

Buy this boot!

boston lou says booting yourself in the nuts would be more enjoyable than listening to this show, unless you are a huge fan of lass kiss or everything
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    Also, can't remember which song it was during, but Mike got up on Ed's shoulders while he was playing his solo and Ed paraded him around the stage for a while, very funny to see!
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    Another thing: who would have thought they would go both NJ shows without playing Better Man, not to mention Daughter and Small Town. I think not hearing those songs was as much of a highlight as the great ones that I did hear.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I told my niece in the car that just wave and smile to the bandmembers because they smile and wave back. In this way I thought she would get some good memories as not only was this her first PJ concert, but her first concert ever. We were 2nd row dead center. Even more dead center than Thursday when I took her brother and we were 2nd row dead center. We were two seats to the right over from Thursday.

I was hoping we could get a Mike pic, but it looks like the one destined for her bounced off me, and was lost. I thought something was thrown at me, but for a moment I was just confused, and I didn't really see it in air. So, I apologize to Mike if he was trying to get one to her/me. Nice try! :)

Anyway, this was truly a fantastic concert! Start with a Bruce song and everything's good. It was the most amazing Porch and Crazy Mary I've seen. I've been impressed at Boston 1+2 06, but Porch really floored me. Don't gimme no lip was a great surprise with Stone doing some wiggle dancing thing :) Hard to Imagine, too. Yeah for Lost Dogs!!! They found the doggies!!!

The crowd was amazing, energy throughout the show, right in line with the band. It was just great! If the bootleg sounds as good as real time, then it's probably going to be one of the best out there. It was just a spectacular show, even with the electricity shortage ;)

I wrote in the 6/1/06 review that when I brought my nephew the focus was on him more than the band. He seemed a little under the weather. Well, my niece was not under the weather, and she was waving everywhere, and jumping, and clapping, and just really getting into it. Mike and Eddie both smiled/waved to her. In fact Eddie did this point arm thing or whatever to her. The man next to me said "he shot her." And I'm like in my head, "No, he's not allowed to shoot her, that's my niece ;)"

And then she got the tambourine! Just a few days after her brother caught it. Holy cow! My brother was really amazed. Look at my signature. Thanks again, Eddie :)

I have to thank the band for such spectacular musicianship, and such energy, and just willing to put their all into these shows which make them truly embedded within the cells of the heart. Thank you, Pearl Jam, you're the best!!!

Also, Anthony, I hope the house works out;
    Ray and Kevin I hope RI is treating you well;
    The woman behind me who asked about my health, that was very sweet, and thank you;
    The woman to the left, I didn't realize you were the same woman to the left on Thursday's show. I hope you had a great time, and maybe I'll actually introduce myself at the next PJ NJ show whenever that would be :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473
    Just got back from the swamps in Jersey.....thought the crowd started off a bit slow but was incredible by the end of the night. Could of been b/c the same 3 songs opened Thursday and tonight. Power outage during Animal was funny, Eddie blamed Bruce for not paying the electric bill. In Hiding was terrific, my first time hearing it after 15 shows. Back to back Mike and Matt solos during Even Flow. Eddie told the story of his writing of Gone in AC before it was played. Comatose>SOLAT>Rats was kick ass. For some reason, I dont love the new Garden. Inside Job was cool and Porch is always a kick ass first set closer.

Eddie mentioned the West Memphis Three before the first encore, then went into Army Reserve. Then HARD TO IMAGINE, what a treat !!! Last Kiss was played for the people behind the stage. Black with a We Belong Together tag was unreal. Really good Crazy Mary I thought tonight. Last Exit to end the first encore was strange, but cool.

Reprise-Life Wasted is a nice combo. Lukin, then Leash. I think it was here where Eddie came behind Mike and put him on his shoulders !!!! Was wild. Stone then thanked Eddie for everything and his great energy. Little "Eddie" chant started. Then DONT GIMME NO LIP. Love when Stone sings.

Crazy long night, couldnt believe how long the encores were, and was thinking we might get a third, but then the lights came on during Alive.

Great night, the boys seemed really into it, and I am jealous of all you going to the second leg of the tour. ENJOY

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 473
    clydefro wrote:
    Another thing: who would have thought they would go both NJ shows without playing Better Man, not to mention Daughter and Small Town. I think not hearing those songs was as much of a highlight as the great ones that I did hear.

HA !! was thinking the same thing

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    efrotenefroten Posts: 67
    I was hoping for more interaction with MMJ tonight, besides covering "it makes no difference" (which kicks ass by the way). Anyway, looks like a LOOOOONG kick ass set.
  • Options
    vitodacat wrote:
    In Hiding was terrific, my first time hearing it after 15 shows.

Me too! Fifteen shows and this was my first hearing In Hiding, but it was worth the wait. I couldn't believe how loud the crowd was for this song in particular. They should play it more often.
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    Great show, lot of repeats though, from Thusday night but I had a BLAST going around with the band this time around. I met some awesome people and had a blast doing so! One gripe though with some of you small numbered people! Tonight my wife came down with strep throat and my brother had his tix with someone else so I was solo on the floor and sold my extra TIX (FACE OF COURSE) to a girl (who was looking to buy two but settled for one as her BF bought another one solo so they both could get in). So I did not mind that she wanted to cool out with her BF.

After MMJ set I went down to row E and chatted up with some cool guys (I forget your names, but I do remember your parents live in Portugal and your first show was in 92 at Saratoga, so if you read this say HELLO--you were a cool dude) In that row a fan member came solo so I thought (cool maybe since I am here alone I can stay here)... Show Starts (I am loving this and going nuts and believe me Ed notices and throws a pick right my way after Severed Hand) Well fast forward four or five songs in and the guys who seats I am standing at comes in with their Mrs Fields cookies, nachos, pretzels and beer wearing their tucked in polos into their stonewashed jeans with their black belts with the gold belt buckles and their Brooks Brothers sock peeping brown penny loafers and starts asking to see stubs like he is security. I try and tell him that we will all have a seat since someone three seats down came solo and he says "don't think so pal" and flags down security... so I go back to row M and rock out with the girl who I sold my tix to and her BF and sure the row was a lil tighter but no one bitched. Case in point some of you low number people (and I do have a low number 134XX) but I mean REAL low number people are DICKS. So if you two assholes from row E WHO ALSO LEFT EARLY ARE READING THIS FU.

OH YEAH... THANK YOU SO MUCH PEARL JAM!!! IN HIDING! HARD TO IMAGINE!! RATS!! LEASH!! Eddie picking Mike up on his shoulers... when the power went down asking if Bruce paid the elctrical bill (haha) DON'T GIMEE NO LIP, LIFE WASTED REPRISE--> LIFE WASTED (How the album should have started IMHO) LEAVING HERE! NO SURRENDER and many many more highlights... I am looking forward to my next BIG WAVE of shows (WHY DID THEY NOT PLAY THIS SONG ON THIS FIRST LEG)

Hope this show is not remembered as Postergate though...
    POP POP!
  • Options
    Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
    Ed was very sober I thought. Heard he had been drinkibg alot at these shows. He was drinking but was pretty coherent throughout. The band seemed to have a good time and played well. Crowd was good, definitely into the whole thing.
    When Ed put Mike on his shoulders and was spinning around was a real highlight. Boom went completely off duing Crazy Mary.
    First time I have ever seen Stone sing, he wassopumped. Happy I went.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    crowd was fuckin horrible, ed tried everything to get them going, the only songs they were awake for were last kiss and alive, it's a shame they decided to end the tour here, the crowd sucked!

The crowd sucked?

You must have been at a different show than I was.
  • Options
    This show was definitely better than the first nite. Better set list, better crowd. In fact, the ol'RK would venture to say that aside from the Animal snafu, this show definitely rivals 7/8/03 at MSG. It was that good.

thanks all for a great nite, the ol'RK had a blast!

yer pal,
    ol'RK
  • Options
    Smile78Smile78 Posts: 9
    LongRoad wrote:
    The crowd sucked?

You must have been at a different show than I was.

Yea dont know what he's talking about. I was on the floor and it was rocking. Even eddie commented on the great crowd. The show and the fans were a lot better the second night. Maybe in the upper section people werent as into it?
  • Options
    lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    Were you even fucking there?!? Maybe you sucked but the crowd was pretty fucking good.
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912

I must've been at a different show, because the crowd was great.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    ex-cowboyex-cowboy Posts: 4
    were we even at the same show??

...because for HALF of the 32 songs played i could barely hear Ed over the crowds singing... It felt like a GREAT crowd to me. louder than NJ1.
  • Options
    I wonder if the person who said the crowd sucked was in the same section that I was (that is if that person was at the show)... The show starts and everyone stays seated.. im like what the..... so I stand and get into the show... the two girls next to me then stand up about 2 songs later and the three of us just stood for most of the time (sat for a few during the second set)... Mind you we are in the THIRD ROW of the 200's on stones side... and for the entire concert the rows in front of me sat, along with the rest of my row and people in the next few rows behind me - I just don't get it - wish I was in the next section over - the first row was rockin - but overall the crowd was much louder and more into the show than the first night - must have been all those fan club members.. lol...

But I digress. Which show was better I or II? Its hard to compare the 2 - loved the first night for Footsteps, come back and the full rockin first set. The second nights set started out rocking then slowed then rockin, they all looked as if they were having more fun than the first night and just Mike's solos's made the night. So again - it would all depend on your taste to determine which night was better

I am glad that I was able to attend both nights and hope PJ comes back this way before concluding the tour.
  • Options
    Great set.. No Black, Daughter, Small counter, & GTF. Good change of pace. Keep the real fans Happy with that set.....
  • Options
    During Animal the poere went out. Then they did Go instead...
  • Options

were you even there???? The played a couple riffs before it went out, then played it when the power came back..
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

'Pussies No More!' - ev 6/1/06
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Great set.. No Black, Daughter, Small counter, & GTF. Good change of pace. Keep the real fans Happy with that set.....

Black was played and it was great as usual.

I am just really glad to have been at this show, there were several songs I didn't think I would get to hear tonight. Whipping, Leash, Rats, Last Exit, Crazy Mary, Don't gimme no lip, SOLAT, In hiding, Hail Hail, Animal, and Garden were all big highlights for me. The new songs are great, esepcially comatose, life wasted, inside job. Gone is really great live. Much better live I think.

The crowd was so loud I struggled to hear Eddie sing, but it was awesome. Very sentimental band tonight, they were hugging and punching each other, Ed carrying Mike on his shoulders, Boom rocking it out on Crazy Mary solo with Mike (they were dualing), it did seem like an MSG kinda night.

Thanks 10 c for the great tickets on, section 108. I think everyone there was 10c and everyone was very nice and into the concert. I really didn't see anyone anywhere acting like drunk jerks, all fans seemed great and the whole crowd seemed into the concert all the way to the top.

Thanks PJ.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options

I'm not as think as you drunk I am
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    i've been going to pearl jam concerts for six years and in no way is that depressing...

thats a keeper of a quote.. love that movie btw.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Uh oh, thread title should be 6/3?!?
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010