Options

*** E. Rutherford II Fanviews 6/2 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    PJOceans11PJOceans11 Posts: 135
    in no way is this a criticism...but after the power went out during animal, did it seem like the band was turned down a lot volume wise? especially eds vocals?
    9-1-00, 9-2-00, 4-28-03, 5-3-03, 7-1-03, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-5-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 10-1-04, 9-30-05, 10-1-05, 10-3-05, 5-13-06, 5-27-06, 5-28-06, 6-1-06, 6-3-06, 6-19-08, 6-20-08, 6-24-08 and 6-25-08.
  • Options
    I was at both shows, thursday was 10C tickets in 120 - tonight i was in section 201. Tonight is the bootleg to download! for those of you who said the crowd sucked, i don't know what you are talking about. Even all the way up in section 201, the majority of people were standing (except to the dudes behind me, but at leat they didn't complain).

I really think this was one of the best shows that I have ever been too. The first set felt like they were never going to end it. Boom was unreal at the end of Crazy Mary.. Very intense when Mike was up next to him and they were dueling back and fourth. Matt stole the show thursday, but tonight was definitly Mike's night. All of his solos went on forever. I know this is the second or third time he has done it, but closing out with the Star Spangled Banner was unelievable.

Overall, I have no complaints about this show. Definilty recommend the boot when it becomes available...

goodnight. goodbye.
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

'Pussies No More!' - ev 6/1/06
  • Options
    Finally...........I don't want to take shat i cantgjalks;g
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    PJOceans11 wrote:
    in no way is this a criticism...but after the power went out during animal, did it seem like the band was turned down a lot volume wise? especially eds vocals?

I thought the sound could have been a bit louder but that was just because the crowd was so damn loud. Seemed the same before and after the blowout though to me.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    I was 10 rows straight up Ed V's Mic and the mix was perfect
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    being a pennsylvania guy and hating new yorkers and jerseyits, i have to give them credit for how loud the crowd was tonight. went to both philly/camden/cuba shows (if u were there u'd understand) and the fans were definitely better than camden1. camden2 was a great crowd(very close) anyway,loved the show. i also agree that the old version of garden is missed dearly. so heres some respect to the damn new yorkers and jerseyits(1st and only time). but we got a eagles chant going so suck on that giant fans u suck.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    being a pennsylvania guy and hating new yorkers and jerseyits, i have to give them credit for how loud the crowd was tonight. went to both philly/camden/cuba shows (if u were there u'd understand) and the fans were definitely better than camden1. camden2 was a great crowd(very close) anyway,loved the show. i also agree that the old version of garden is missed dearly. so heres some respect to the damn new yorkers and jerseyits(1st and only time). but we got a eagles chant going so suck on that giant fans u suck.

Maybe one day you and the pricks from Philly & Boston will understand that starting football and baseball chants during a Pearl Jam concert is ghey.
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

• Options
    Loud is our job... We pull it off well. Definate differnt vibe in BIG City shows...
  • Options
    /cuba shows .
    haha!!!

The Show Last night was fuckig great , the best i have seen this tour,!

I arrived in East rutherford, around 4 . i came there with four of my friends from philly, we left a little before 3, so we got there in good time ! i knew it was going to be a shitty day, but ididnt expect it to be soo cold in ER. when we left philly it was really cloudy and rainy but it was still warm. when we got to ER, it was pretty chilly and damp. i was freezing my ass off.

the first thing i did was get my 10c tix. i got floor 6 , which were pretty decent.we were parked in the California lot 22
    Getting there at a little after 4 ,we knew we we going to get to the Continental arena later than the other shows because of things we had to do before hand, so we knew our tailgating was going to be cut short. but we still brought our coolers filled with twisted and miller lite.i had a pretty enjoyable time tailgating. it was a nice crowd there, it was very sedate after being at both tailgating parties in camden the weekend before. i think the weather had a little to do with that though. the portapottie situation was terrible. there was like one for a hundred people. the line kept growing so my firends and I found about 5 togehter around where the box office was so we kept going there!

we stayed in the parking lot until about 8, then we headed inside. i stopped to get a tshirt, i wanted the army green one with the eagle on it, but they were all out of xl's, so i settled for a large thinkign there wouldnt be that much of a difference, well boy was i wrong. this shirt is sooo tight!

we got to our seats and 15 minutes later Master/slave started playing and it Was Show time!!!!!!!
    This was one of the best Crowds i have ever seen at a Pearl jam Concert. they were very energized and loud. i loved it !! the arena reminded me so much of the Spectrum in Philly, the size wasnt enormous and wasnt so small, it was just right!!

the Band busted right into Severed Hand, this song is amazing live, its so fast and it has great audience participation!!Corduroy was rocking, its a great follow up, then three more great rockers World Wide Suicide, Hail HAil, and Animal. hail hail only the third time this tour was great hearing live again and the place went nuts when there was tech difficulties during Animal!! it seemed like fixing the problem was taking forever, but eddie responded by saying Nj hasnt paid their electric bill.
    A great riot act song came next with LBC, and then a song i have never heard live, In Hiding. i couldnt wait to hear it , and i kinda had a feeling i was going to hear it this tour . it sounded better then ever.
    ed commented that the crowd was much better then at thrusdays show, iwasnt there for thursday so i have no place to agree. the singalongs were great, i still think IF the audience from both camden shows were in an indoor arena we would have blown the roof off, but ER was very very loud.
    this was my 12th show and the 11th time i have heard evenflow live. i am seriously sick of this song. i think hearing it so many times, it sucked all life out of the song for me , i still sing my lungs out for it everytime but, seriously this song needs to be retired or played alot less.
    iam mine came next , love hearing it live . riot act songs werent getting alot of play this tour or in 05 , but pj seemed like they played a few from the album to audiences they knew would like hearing them. Whipping into gone was great. i loved the energy. my friend loves gone and he has now heard it twice, so he was pretty happy. next came a true rock out trifecta!!! Comatose,Solat, Rats. the band was amazing during these songs. and from the three shows i have seen, the audience reaction to the the new record is stellar. i mean comatose gets a n amazing reaction. and rats was the last of the 4 songs i really wanted to hear this tour , and i finally got to hear it on my last show. Rats,Leash,Garden, Satans bed. i can now say i heard the songs i really wanted to hear.
    Garden was great . after camden i didnt think i would hear it again but they rocked it out. i love the new version, but i still wanted to hear the original. then Inside Job! AMAZING!!!! with inside job i have heard every song from the new album except bigwave!! it was excellent .
    then Porch the closer.WOW the band were on fucking point. the solo jammout was a sight to see.

1st encore was a great mix. ed came back on and talked about how it was west mephis three day and introduced D.Echols wife, she thanked us for our support , andthen the band played the song co-written by her husband. my favorite from the new Album- Army reserve. HTI was a awesome surpise, i heard it at the Wach and thought nothing could top it, the Er version was right up there iwht it. next eddie did the usual last kiss serenade for the people behind the stage, the audience really belted out this song. Great version of black came next with a We belong Together tag. One of the greatest versions of Crazy mary i have ever heard came next . it doesnt beat the Borgata 1 version but it was crazy. for the people who are upset that boom is in the band Fuck You, because he is fucking unbelievable!!. the back and forth with mike and boom rocked my socks off.
    then an unusual set closer - last exit, it was kinda fitting though , i love this song one of my favs from vitalogy.

they came back with a great singalong- Wasted Reprise right into Life wasted, this song is sooo fucking good live. these songs from the new album i cant explain enough how good they are!!!

then another rockout session Lukin into Leash :eek:. wow the place went wild !!!!
    Dont gimme no lip was a great surprise, didint see that one comming, and stone really got into it :D , he thanked eddie for being the best before the song . stone acted wildly and got the crowd pumped. one of my favs from TEN came next , WHY GO i love it . it was an awesome version and i love that they include the intro and rock out . next eddie complemented all of the great women he has met over the tour and all of the great women in the builining and then went into leaving Here.
    then came and amazing version of Alive. the audience love this song and after hearing eddies story about the song from Storytellers, i think its great that the fans have turned the meaning around for him.
    then The Ultimate closer_ Yellow Ledbetter, couldnt have benn a better closer to cap off a spectactular night

although i still havent heard my favorite song ( indifference) live yet, i was still happy with this tour and the shows i have seen

my regards go out to the ER crowd because you guys were amazing, eventhough it was a nic healthy mix of people from all over NJ,NY,PA, the majority were from that immediate area, and you guys rocked
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    Maybe one day you and the pricks from Philly & Boston will understand that starting football and baseball chants during a Pearl Jam concert is ghey.
    it was before the show started douchebag
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    all you fuckheads do is cheer for the yankkes...dont give me that crap
    9-1-00, 9-2-00, 4-28-03, 5-3-03, 7-1-03, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-5-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 10-1-04, 9-30-05, 10-1-05, 10-3-05, 5-13-06, 5-27-06, 5-28-06, 6-1-06, 6-3-06, 6-19-08, 6-20-08, 6-24-08 and 6-25-08.
  • Options
    it was before the show started douchebag

Still ghey. I could give a fuck about sports at a PJ concert. Especially when it isn't even football season.

• Options
    Still ghey. I could give a fuck about sports at a PJ concert. Especially when it isn't even football season.
    it's always football season in philly BUDDY, learn how to spell GAY
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    PJOceans11 wrote:
    all you fuckheads do is cheer for the yankkes...dont give me that crap

Anyway, no I don't mean to turn this into a pissing match... To leave it on a good note - tonight was an excellent crowd. i hung out with some philly guys before the show and they were cool. Hope to party again w/ everyone soon.

• Options
    Thursday night was a million times better , nothin special about tonight cept Hard to Imagine which we all seen @ Wachovia, same opener as thursday ???? weak, love pearl jam to death but nothin i didnt see done better on thursday or Albany/Irving, sorry
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    bones0138bones0138 Posts: 52
    ULonesome wrote:

Hope this show is not remembered as Postergate though...
    what does that mean?
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    PJOceans11 wrote:

i definitely noticed some sound troubles for the next couple of songs after the outage.. at least from where i was - sec 8, row R. the drums had an awful echo to them for animal, lbc, and in hiding.. but by even flow it had been corrected.
    but over than that.. wow.. what a night!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    Thursday night was a million times better , nothin special about tonight cept Hard to Imagine which we all seen @ Wachovia, same opener as thursday ???? weak, love pearl jam to death but nothin i didnt see done better on thursday or Albany/Irving, sorry
    are you on acid or something
  • Options
    PJOceans11 wrote:
    are you on acid or something

not anymore, hey to each is own, im in no way rippin the beloved jam, i just like thursday better, alot of people i was with tonight loved tonights show : ) my personal opinion
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    bones0138 wrote:
    what does that mean?

Posters sold out in about 15 minutes after doors cause they were being bought 5-6 at a time even though I heard the merchandise worker say to the first person who asked for more than one (since I was the second person to buy a poster from the main stand on the main concoucourse) "Well I should only sell one but ok" and they did not have any One poster limit signs up (But judging by his comments he knew better anyway... Most people who did have posters had about 5 plus in their hands... I am sure there will be many a posts/complaints/bitches about it.
    POP POP!
  • Options
    PJ was fucking great both nights, but by far tonight's crowd was much more interactive. We cheered right off the bat and Eddie acknowledged it. The band seemed VERY appreciative of the crowd. I think Eddie thanked us 20 times tonight.

This show was also a half hour longer than Thursday. Still, after the guitar snafu on Thursday, they upped their game bigtime and it was very emotional and special - Footsteps, Once and Alive - they gave us two great shows!
    'And his loneliness is proof'
  • Options
    ULonesome wrote:
    Posters sold out in about 15 minutes after doors cause they were being bought 5-6 at a time even though I heard the merchandise worker say to the first person who asked for more than one (since I was the second person to buy a poster from the main stand on the main concoucourse) "Well I should only sell one but ok" and they did not have any One poster limit signs up (But judging by his comments he knew better anyway... Most people who did have posters had about 5 plus in their hands... I am sure there will be many a posts/complaints/bitches about it.
    so...how many did you buy?
  • Options
    i'm still trying to figure out why the opened with the same three songs both nights...

I am too, that was a downer and one that killed it for my brother... I did not mind as much but Severed Hand is NOT AN OPENER... A FINE Number 3 (After Cordorouy of course) but number one should be reserves for the following care to agree or disagree

1. Release 2. Oceans 3. Long Road. 4. Sometimes (bring it back Guys) 5. I would even settle for LBC just because I LOVE when he changes the lyric to "LET THE SHOW BEGIN"
    POP POP!
  • Options
    bones0138 wrote:
    so...how many did you buy?

12, For each bedroom in my mansion, didnt you know??
    POP POP!
  • Options
    ULonesome wrote:
    12, For each bedroom in my mansion, didnt you know??

cool! but how would i know you have 12 bedroom mansion?
  • Options
    bones0138 wrote:
    cool! but how would i know you have 12 bedroom mansion?

well now you are well informed, but in all seriousness the look of dissapointment and then anger on peoples faces was F'ed up with how they handled it tonight. I did see a lot of cool people though (well semi-cool since they bought more than one... sell a poster to other fan club members on the floor for face).
    POP POP!
  • Options
    ULonesome wrote:
    well now you are well informed, but in all seriousness the look of dissapointment and then anger on peoples faces was F'ed up with how they handled it tonight. I did see a lot of cool people though (well semi-cool since they bought more than one... sell a poster to other fan club members on the floor for face).
    yeah, i saw a guy do that too. very cool.
  • Options
    i heard there was a very overweight lady bullying her way through the line and buying like 20 posters at a time....

Is this the same cow that has been talked about doing this at previous shows also? WOW 20, I mean COME ON. ok, You want one for you and maybe one to sell or TRADE or a couple as a collector I GET IT BUT F'IN 20. SOMEONE should save a whale and harpoon her.. wow that was mean, it's only a poster ... NO IT IS A PRINCIPAL.. IT IS OUR BAND... ITS PEARL JAM... I'm done
    POP POP!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    GREAT FUCKING SHOW!

nuff said right there. i did not go on thursday, so i have no personal comparison there....but what absolute ENERGY from the crowd, the band....GREAT setlist...i had a BLAST!

also VERY pleasantly surprised with my 10C seats....floor 6 row B...incredible for my # and i had an easy view. :)

LOVEd it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580

Let me add to your compliments...I will try to be quick. I love NY, this is my third or fourth trip there. I live somewhere in the red states, and it is a long way to NJ/NY. I purposely picked the NJ show cause I wante to be where I thought some of the best fans would be, it was a toss up between this show and Boston. Couldn't make Boston.

A great time was had by me and my wife. Spent a day at the Met museum of art, a night at Lincoln Center and saw a show, a night at the Blue Note listening to jazz. You people who live here have a lot to be proud of and thanks for your hospitality. The people at this show were great.

One thing that is funny is when I tell people where I am from we would often get asked if we were cons or libs. Seems like there is a sort of mystery about anyone from the red states showing up in the northeast.

NJ/NY you guys/gals r great.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010