Options

Beheaded by ISIS

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,284
    and yet, on an unrelated topic, illegal immigration has more focus as causing greater damage to the U.S.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mickeyrat said:

and yet, on an unrelated topic, illegal immigration has more focus as causing greater damage to the U.S.
    6 of one half dozen of another.

Godfather.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    benjs said:

callen said:

my2hands said:

callen said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

callen said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

well then if they don't want to pay the price then they should not ask..that's about as simple as it gets.
    and besides it always turns around to bite us in the ass anyway..."they're killing babies and women"
    or after the job is complete in thier eyes they protest and tell us to leave and start burning flags and going back to the islam thing that we are infedels, war has many costs and many ugly truths so maybe these countries should be careful what they ask for.

Godfather.

I'm confused GF. So why do you support intervening if you feel they aren't grateful?

And why is US responsible for acting? What's our real interest?
    I don't but I believe if we don't the evil tht may be happening in another country could find it's way to our country likr the 9/11 attacks did, believe me I think the whole thing sucks ass.

Godfather.

I think is way too late GD. They are amongst us now as we all know. I think it's only a matter of time of when and where it happens again here.
    probably very true but the train members will make excuses for them and blame Americas anyway...

Godfather.

No GF not making excuses just understand ramifications from our actions.
    do we understand ramifications of others actions ? nobody is without falt.

Godfather.

We can't control others.
    so true but it does not mean we can not do our best to control the situation to keep America safe.

Godfather.

It does if we need to control others to control the situation.
    I can think of many situations where we control others to control a situation.
    Thirty - I was just going along with Callen and GF's logic here. Callen mentioned we can't control others, which GF confirmed. He then continued that we should do our best to control the situation. If you've already accepted that we can't control others, then we can't control the situation if it depends on that premise.

In any case, Callen, I'm not sure what you were implying in your sentence: can't control others as in physically incapable of doing so, or shouldn't?
    We can't control the actions of others only our response to those actions. So if the Evildoers blow up few people we shouldn't go Team America and blow the shit out of the country doing more harm than good which has been our MO.

what do you think should be done about ISIS or any other terrorist group?

Allow local countries to handle.
    If we could go back in time and intervene, would you support defending the Tutsi people against the Hutu people in the Rwandan genocide?

Romeo Dallaire suggested it was our moral responsibility to assist in such travesties because- simply put- we could. We have been fortunate to have been born on a place on the earth where we enjoy an outstanding life. It would be callous and cold-hearted to ignore the pleas of those in need.
    rr, how were the economies of Rwanda's neighbours compared to Rwanda - did they have the financial or military means to rectify this problem adequately?

Look at some rich and/or militarily strong neighbours in IS's predominant playground: Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran, UAE not too far away.

The only common link I can think of between the Rwandan Genocide and the situation in the Middle East is that people are dying unnecessarily. Am I missing some other commonalities?

This is critical: having the means to solve a problem locally should factor into the decision for non-regional powers to provide assistance. That's why I'd agree with Romeo Dallaire in the case of the Rwandan Genocide, and would say that his statement does not hold true (not unequivocally, at least) with regards to the handling of IS.
    Ben,That was thirty talking about Rwanda not me.I did enjoy the Movie Hotel Rwanda though.But I'm not sure I could anything to that subject.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    rr165892 said:

benjs said:

callen said:

my2hands said:

callen said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

callen said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

well then if they don't want to pay the price then they should not ask..that's about as simple as it gets.
    and besides it always turns around to bite us in the ass anyway..."they're killing babies and women"
    or after the job is complete in thier eyes they protest and tell us to leave and start burning flags and going back to the islam thing that we are infedels, war has many costs and many ugly truths so maybe these countries should be careful what they ask for.

Godfather.

I'm confused GF. So why do you support intervening if you feel they aren't grateful?

And why is US responsible for acting? What's our real interest?
    I don't but I believe if we don't the evil tht may be happening in another country could find it's way to our country likr the 9/11 attacks did, believe me I think the whole thing sucks ass.

Godfather.

I think is way too late GD. They are amongst us now as we all know. I think it's only a matter of time of when and where it happens again here.
    probably very true but the train members will make excuses for them and blame Americas anyway...

Godfather.

No GF not making excuses just understand ramifications from our actions.
    do we understand ramifications of others actions ? nobody is without falt.

Godfather.

We can't control others.
    so true but it does not mean we can not do our best to control the situation to keep America safe.

Godfather.

It does if we need to control others to control the situation.
    I can think of many situations where we control others to control a situation.
    Thirty - I was just going along with Callen and GF's logic here. Callen mentioned we can't control others, which GF confirmed. He then continued that we should do our best to control the situation. If you've already accepted that we can't control others, then we can't control the situation if it depends on that premise.

In any case, Callen, I'm not sure what you were implying in your sentence: can't control others as in physically incapable of doing so, or shouldn't?
    We can't control the actions of others only our response to those actions. So if the Evildoers blow up few people we shouldn't go Team America and blow the shit out of the country doing more harm than good which has been our MO.

what do you think should be done about ISIS or any other terrorist group?

Allow local countries to handle.
    If we could go back in time and intervene, would you support defending the Tutsi people against the Hutu people in the Rwandan genocide?

Romeo Dallaire suggested it was our moral responsibility to assist in such travesties because- simply put- we could. We have been fortunate to have been born on a place on the earth where we enjoy an outstanding life. It would be callous and cold-hearted to ignore the pleas of those in need.
    rr, how were the economies of Rwanda's neighbours compared to Rwanda - did they have the financial or military means to rectify this problem adequately?

Look at some rich and/or militarily strong neighbours in IS's predominant playground: Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran, UAE not too far away.

The only common link I can think of between the Rwandan Genocide and the situation in the Middle East is that people are dying unnecessarily. Am I missing some other commonalities?

This is critical: having the means to solve a problem locally should factor into the decision for non-regional powers to provide assistance. That's why I'd agree with Romeo Dallaire in the case of the Rwandan Genocide, and would say that his statement does not hold true (not unequivocally, at least) with regards to the handling of IS.
    Ben,That was thirty talking about Rwanda not me.I did enjoy the Movie Hotel Rwanda though.But I'm not sure I could anything to that subject.
    So sorry, rr!

Thirty, same questions :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I don't know if this has been brought up but now the headline on CNN is that Isis is holding 262 Christians hostage. Why not just say 262 hostages? Are they trying to appeal to the christian nation that is the US to drum up support for military action? To me it is irrelevant that they are Christians. They are holding hostages. People. These ever loving religions are destroying this world.
  • Options

I don't know if this has been brought up but now the headline on CNN is that Isis is holding 262 Christians hostage. Why not just say 262 hostages? Are they trying to appeal to the christian nation that is the US to drum up support for military action? To me it is irrelevant that they are Christians. They are holding hostages. People. These ever loving religions are destroying this world.

They sure are!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

They are holding them because they are Christian.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    It's not a random selection of hostages. If it were all boyscouts or Jews or Christians or Metallica roadies, it makes sense to refer to that select group in a news report.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited February 2015

Thanks for pointing thus out. Thought same thing. Other day was Iraqi claiming ISIS was harvesting organs.

War drums are pounding. Recruiters are salivating.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Oh but what juicy information to get the natives riled up. In ten years frontline will have program on news headlines that got us into another war. Oh how we forget so easily. But they are killing our team!!!!!!!!! Ha
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,284
    isnt it just GREAT Bibi is coming to visit next week?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    callen said:

Oh but what juicy information to get the natives riled up. In ten years frontline will have program on news headlines that got us into another war. Oh how we forget so easily. But they are killing our team!!!!!!!!! Ha
    Which team is that?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

callen said:

Which team is that?
    Ha. The true chosen ones.
  • Options

if they were holding 262 black or 262 muslims or 262 women or 262 children would it matter then ? after all these are all people also right ?

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

isnt it just GREAT Bibi is coming to visit next week?

I'm glad he's coming to visit. Between public condemnation of settlement constructions, and a refusal to allow Israel to govern the conversation about Iran's nuclear capabilities, America has finally shown Israeli leadership that they do, in fact, answer to someone.

Netanyahu clearly was expecting the invitation to speak with Republicans would also get him into the White House doors to discuss with Obama, and the refusal from the White House was clearly a slap in the face. Netanyahu will look nothing but desperate and pathetic (at best) in this visit. Which is great. Worst case scenario, Israelis start to see Netanyahu as the destroyer of the bipartisan relationship between the US and Israel, and maybe speak with their votes this coming month. Maybe the next Prime Minister of the country won't be a monster.

EV
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

if they were holding 262 black or 262 muslims or 262 women or 262 children would it matter then ? after all these are all people also right ?

Godfather.

That's my point.

Side note: if I hear wolf Blitzer say jihadi John one more time, the remote may end up getting thrown.

• Options
    where's my team that was put togeather by the CIA to wipe out these assholes ?

Godfather.
  • Options

Godfather.

This guy's the only one I trust to wipe out assholes.

EV
  • Options

Godfather.

That's my point.

Side note: if I hear wolf Blitzer say jihadi John one more time, the remote may end up getting thrown.

We should do a shot every time Wolfy or that British reporter says Jihadi John.If life gives you terror, make it into a drinking game.
  • Options
    It's funny they keep saying " Mastermind" when referring to those 3 stupid terror suspects.These idiots are so dumb we should have let them leave.Let the dumb ones go,it can only help our cause.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Isis now destroyes all their cultural assets in Iraq from old oriental times!

They do just delete their own roots only bec it don´t fit to their actual convincement anymore! ? !

How can human beings with big brains constantly be so f..g damn stupid?
  • Options

Godfather.

That's my point.

Can't listen to wolf.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Jihadi John should wear those Ray Ban Wayfarers that Tom Cruise wore in Risky Buisness.I think it would complete the weare evil but like to party look.
  • Options
    kce8 said:

Isis now destroyes all their cultural assets in Iraq from old oriental times!

They do just delete their own roots only bec it don´t fit to their actual convincement anymore! ? !

How can human beings with big brains constantly be so f..g damn stupid?

I watched that on the news last night and thy did it because thier profit said to ?
    2500 years of history destroyed...these dumb ass's are begging to get removed from this earth and on top that I got a e-mail saying that these drip stains are targeting the pope ?...this going to get real bad on a huge scale,buckle up boys and girls it's going to be a wild ride.

Godfather.

• Options
    benjs said:

Godfather.

This guy's the only one I trust to wipe out assholes.

real bears us a rabbit.

Godfather.

• Options
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Another classy act by the people trying to turn the clock back to the dark ages.They are fucking cowards.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Not only have the Pittsburgh Pirates not won a pennant since '79, they are now the official baseball team of ISIS ...

• Options
    A real tough guy.