Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    dignin said:

dignin said:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/eric-garner-grand-jury-no-indictment

Does the "if he would have done what the cop told him he would be alive" argument apply to this case as well?

I didn't even click on the link. I could care less if it applied to this case. When it pertains to the Brown case, it does apply. And your whites have no clue statement is utterly ignorant.
    Like a lot of posts on here you fail to read who actually posts what. You may want to take a second look.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. If you want to point out ignorance, fine. But whites are ignorant? Fuck that.

Gern didn't make the post you are referring too.
    Not really his fault with the many D.B. Cooper profile pics floating around these days.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I know who I was responding to. Dignin replied to my post. I replied to him/her. Sorry I should probably know that. Having 10 quotes in a response does add to the confusion though.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

HAHAHAHAHA. America

Where a police officer can break his profession's policies, choke someone to death on video, the death is ruled a homicide and he is not be taken to trail.

Only in America, folks.

No, the system isn't rigged at all! ~X(
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited December 2014
    Cop chokes man to death ruled a homicide, no indictment
    The recorder ramsay orta weeks later indicted on guns charges

random acts of linking
    this is where i would post random links without prejudicing the reader with my comments about when the police issue a statement in 2012 and 2014 warning against choke holds, or how the orta charges were trumped up in retaliation for releasing the recording and so on...but i wont.
    (or the officers laundry list abuse file)
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,006

Does the "if he would have done what the cop told him he would be alive" argument apply to this case as well?

I didn't even click on the link. I could care less if it applied to this case. When it pertains to the Brown case, it does apply. And your whites have no clue statement is utterly ignorant.
    You should click on the link. Black man killed by white cop for basically nothing.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited December 2014
    JimmyV said:

callen said:

You Haves are the product of your environment. As was mike Brown. Your not special with special reasoning powers your just fucking lucky.

So now rather than bash the ignorance and throw out more hate do something positive. Be nice to your fellow human.

Whites have no clue.

Whites have no clue? Someone who condemns a convenience store robbery is a "have"? Frankly, that is bullshit.

There are plenty of whites who commit crimes and plenty of blacks who do not. This was never about race. It was about the dynamic between criminal and cop. Michael Brown committed a criminal act minutes before his death. That was no ones fault but his own.

We are all the product of our environment. Mike Brown had shitty environment. Not an excuse it just is what it is.

I've written on this thread he fked up. He caused much of what happened but why did he act like he did ? Product of his environment that includes white know it alls. ( not directing at you btw).

And whites on this board haven't a clue how fked up it is to be born into poverty , black male to ignorant parents with shitty schools and little hope. You'd be pissed off as well.

Easy to sit behind computer and judge.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Edit

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited December 2014

When is the real issue going to be addressed? How many more police officers will get away with murder? It must be true, police can not get indicted. The good 'ol USA.

This case is proof that cameras won't change a damn thing. The officer was RECORDED using an illegal move to kill a man, and still won't be charged. Only in 'Merica.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    Chris Rock said something the other day regarding how his mother used to have to drink from a separate water fountain...he said something to the effect of "that wasn't something I heard from my friend's cousin's uncle...it was my mom"

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    This is the same system people tell us to trust in. They might as well hang a sign that says "Open Season".
  • Options

When is the real issue going to be addressed? How many more police officers will get away with murder? It must be true, police can not get indicted. The good 'ol USA.

This case is proof that cameras won't change a damn thing. The officer was RECORDED using an illegal move to kill a man, and still won't be charged. Only in 'Merica.
    Not cops fault. He's scapegoat. Yeah he could of handled different. It's societies fault. It's our fault. It's wimp a$$ racists fault. It's greed.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Good point about the cameras! Video does nothing to stop the machine now, why would anything change?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited December 2014
    callen said:

Not cops fault. He's scapegoat. Yeah he could of handled different. It's societies fault. It's our fault. It's wimp a$$ racists fault. It's greed.
    The police make people afraid of them and then wonder why they resist. They are a self regulating agency. They can do anything they want without repurcussions. It is not just a problem for African Americans. It affects us all. It is time the people of this country demand change.

Can't wait to hear what the cop supporters are gonna come up with for this one. The legal system in this country is so corrupt, it's disgusting.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    callen said:

JimmyV said:

callen said:

You Haves are the product of your environment. As was mike Brown. Your not special with special reasoning powers your just fucking lucky.

So now rather than bash the ignorance and throw out more hate do something positive. Be nice to your fellow human.

Whites have no clue.

Whites have no clue? Someone who condemns a convenience store robbery is a "have"? Frankly, that is bullshit.

There are plenty of whites who commit crimes and plenty of blacks who do not. This was never about race. It was about the dynamic between criminal and cop. Michael Brown committed a criminal act minutes before his death. That was no ones fault but his own.

We are all the product of our environment. Mike Brown had shitty environment. Not an excuse it just is what it is.

I've written on this thread he fked up. He caused much of what happened but why did he act like he did ? Product of his environment that includes white know it alls. ( not directing at you btw).

And whites on this board haven't a clue how fked up it is to be born into poverty to ignorant parents with shitty schools and little hope.

I don't think anybody here has said the social situation doesn't need work. It clearly does.

What people are saying is that being impoverished or born into a crappy neighbourhood doesn't give you a pass to rob stores and beat up policemen.

I would never discredit black people by saying things such as a white person has won the lottery of life. Has anybody even stopped to think about what such statements imply? When I think of racism... I think of the racist bastard who practices it and how we stop his kids from following suit. I don't pity a race.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Good point about the cameras! Video does nothing to stop the machine now, why would anything change?
    cameras arent the answer and if history is any indication they will malfunction at critical moments (this is when i would insert random links of police cameras malfunctioning at "inopportune times") real accountability is.
    how can those that aren't held accountable for their actions (policy makers) hold others accountable?
  • Options
    Oh well, it's going to explode now. It's going to explode. You simply cannot allow a government authority to abuse citizens and expect there to be no consequences.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,987
    JimmyV said:

callen said:

Whites have no clue.

but that act was not known by wilson during the get out of the street stop.(therefore irrelevant unless he was stopped to be questioned which as I undertsand it , he was not) Lets try to keep this with what was known at the time of meeting.

Now the store event might explain browns reaction the wilson, but should petty theft result in death if known at the time of the altercation?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I guess those of you who are saying "this is over, the grand jury made a decision" should refer to the West Memphis Three story.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

JimmyV said:

callen said:

Whites have no clue.

but that act was not known by wilson during the get out of the street stop.(therefore irrelevant unless he was stopped to be questioned which as I undertsand it , he was not) Lets try to keep this with what was known at the time of meeting.

Now the store event might explain browns reaction the wilson, but should petty theft result in death if known at the time of the altercation?
    Hard to believe it didn't impact Brown's reaction to Wilson. He knew what he had just done and he had every reason to believe the cop knew, too. And petty theft didn't result in death. Attacking a police officer did.

• Options

callen said:

JimmyV said:

callen said:

Whites have no clue.

And whites on this board haven't a clue how fked up it is to be born into poverty to ignorant parents with shitty schools and little hope.

I don't think anybody here has said the social situation doesn't need work. It clearly does.

What people are saying is that being impoverished or born into a crappy neighbourhood doesn't give you a pass to rob stores and beat up policemen.

I would never discredit black people by saying things such as a white person has won the lottery of life. Has anybody even stopped to think about what such statements imply? When I think of racism... I think of the racist bastard who practices it and how we stop his kids from following suit. I don't pity a race.
    And I repeat whites have no clue how fked it was to be MB and to judge is silly. You'd be pissed off human as well if you had environment he was in. To say "I know right from wrong" misses the point. He didn't give a shit anymore. And I understand why.
  • Options

Oh well, it's going to explode now. It's going to explode. You simply cannot allow a government authority to abuse citizens and expect there to be no consequences.

It should. This is MUCH worse than Ferguson and an absolute miscarriage of justice.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mickeyrat said:

JimmyV said:

callen said:

Whites have no clue.

wahooo ! ...............the media,local/country wide African Americans and Michael Browns father made damn sure it was turned into a race issue but I agree
    that Michael's part was straight up thug living but possibly not a race provoked attack..I didn't see it so I don't know...

Godfather.

• Options
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

When a cop tells you to do something, comply. Chances are, you won't get shot.

I know that within every scenario there are different variables, people, mindsets.

But yes...this makes much sense. Common sense.

Last year I got pulled over for expired tags. I was surprised when the officer told me to keep my hands in plain sight (didn't feel I was a threat), but fuck me if I didn't comply. Why wouldn't I?

Very polite and professional fellow, by the way.

for me, average white guy, I decided long ago that I woudl rather the stops ended as quickly as possible. When I have been pulled over the flashers go on, I turn the interior light on , roll window down and hands on the wheel until directed otherwise. When asked fro license and reg , I say my wallet is in front pocket reg in glovebox, etc. Have been met with professionalism and no attitude.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

It should. This is MUCH worse than Ferguson and an absolute miscarriage of justice.

I find it backwards that with this info about Eric Garner in NYC hasn't changed the discussion. I know that it's a thread about Ferguson, but with this new info about another cop not getting indictment?! It blows up the real big picture issues in this country.
  • Options

JimmyV said:

I find it backwards that with this info about Eric Garner in NYC hasn't changed the discussion. I know that it's a thread about Ferguson, but with this new info about another cop not getting indictment?! It blows up the real big picture issues in this country.
    Yeah, I do think not getting an indictment in Ferguson is a valid point of contention and that the NYC case further exemplifies why. I'm not sure Wilson should have/would have been convicted at trial, and I do think the rioting we saw was inevitable. But no indictment...you can see why people would be infuriated by that.

• Options

mickeyrat said:

JimmyV said:

callen said:

Whites have no clue.

wahooo ! ...............the media,local/country wide African Americans and Michael Browns father made damn sure it was turned into a race issue but I agree
    that Michael's part was straight up thug living but possibly not a race provoked attack..I didn't see it so I don't know...

Godfather.

Oh GF.

I hope next go around your born with pigment.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

callen said:

The police make people afraid of them and then wonder why they resist. They are a self regulating agency. They can do anything they want without repurcussions. It is not just a problem for African Americans. It affects us all. It is time the people of this country demand change.

Can't wait to hear what the cop supporters are gonna come up with for this one. The legal system in this country is so corrupt, it's disgusting.

:)) :)) =)) =)) oh dear lord I can't stop laughing =)) why don'y one of you guy's apply for a job as a peace officer then work for one year then post your opinion of cops and the police dept.
    everybody has an opinion right ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    gotta wait on the DoJ and see how they respond.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/chokehold_cop_was_defendant_in.html

ended up costing taxpayers $30,000 in settlement money, according to the plaintiffs' attorney
    Post edited by JC29856 on