Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

When a cop tells you to do something, comply. Chances are, you won't get shot.

I know that within every scenario there are different variables, people, mindsets.

But yes...this makes much sense. Common sense.

Last year I got pulled over for expired tags. I was surprised when the officer told me to keep my hands in plain sight (didn't feel I was a threat), but fuck me if I didn't comply. Why wouldn't I?

Very polite and professional fellow, by the way.

these girls complied
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation-and-world/okla-city-cop-ordered-stand-trial-sexual-assault-charges

so did this one
    http://filmingcops.com/cop-points-gun-at-woman-rapes-her-at-gunpoint-after-she-stops-at-checkpoint-lawsuit/
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,015

Charles Barkley had an interesting interview with CNN.....

Careful though, it doesn't fit the narrative that all police officers are racist murderers.

Do we really have to argue extremes? No one on hear is saying that all cops are racist murderers.

Most of us are just questioning whether justice has truly been served.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

I'm not sure how that ties into this particular clusterfuck.

During the Brown protests some people questioned why mine resistant vehicles were deployed on the streets, why high power military grade rifles were deployed against citizens protesting what they deemed as unjust.
    Thanks. This is much more informative for me than random links and photos.

• Options
    JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

imalive said:

I know that within every scenario there are different variables, people, mindsets.

Last year I got pulled over for expired tags. I was surprised when the officer told me to keep my hands in plain sight (didn't feel I was a threat), but fuck me if I didn't comply. Why wouldn't I?

these girls complied
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation-and-world/okla-city-cop-ordered-stand-trial-sexual-assault-charges

so did this one
    http://filmingcops.com/cop-points-gun-at-woman-rapes-her-at-gunpoint-after-she-stops-at-checkpoint-lawsuit/
    By the way, this is unnecessary. I think every person here with a reasonable IQ GETS that there are some fucked up police officers.

There are some fucked up people, period.

This shit you just posted, not getting its point here, especially in response to what I wrote.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

That was a great movie and song, I would be honored. As I have said a few times already, the truth hurts, nobody ever wants to hear truth, especially in my business…all we want is the truth right??? Why is it that some people cannot handle opinions that are the complete opposite of others on here?? Isn't that what this country and PJ music is all about? I have been entertained daily by many posts on here.

Actually, I like your posts.

You and I should get together this weekend and have a few drinks. Then we can go out and hang out at Food for Less.

We can keep track of how many assholes pay with their link card.
    Then drive away in their $30,000 car.

Hahaha

first drink in a bag is on me
    Did you read about the 5 rascals in St. Louis who beat the Bosnian guy with hammers?
    Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm
    and how come that crime gets nowhere near the attention as the police officer who was doing his job?

Hate crime or not, thats a major false equivalency, civilian on civilian crime is not the same as an incident involving an agent of the government paid to protect.
    Fox news has been harping on this, riling their racist fan base, which is their prerogative, but the two cases are wholly unrelated and not worth comparing.
    You are correct. They cannot be compared.

One is a senseless crime, while the other is an act of self defence where an unruly criminal attacked an armed officer of the law and met his end as a result.
    I don't disagree with this... All the more reason not to race-rile over it, while being a hypocrite and condemning Jackson and Sharpton.
    You must have me confused with someone else or were directing this at someone else. I have said nothing about Jackson and Sharpton.

Careful though, it doesn't fit the narrative that all police officers are racist murderers.

Do we really have to argue extremes? No one on hear is saying that all cops are racist murderers.

I've noticed the "other side" has trouble not putting words in our mouth. Easier to put us on the "other side" and make this black and white. We either believe Wilson's version or that of the "thugs" who riot.

No grey area here on the AMT sometimes.

You either hate cops....or love them. With us, or against us. Some Bush era shit right there.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 said:

Program 1033
    It served two purposes for the ruling elite
    1. Clears "equipment" from military so they can sell the US more better unnecessary "equipment"
    2. Puts the "equipment" in local law enforcement hands to protect the ruling elite

Also benefits local law enforcement by giving them cool toys to play with.

Don't see much of this equipment in Chicago, but we sure can use it to fight our war on gangbangers. Can you do some research on how Chicago can get in on this free stuff??
  • Options
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Program 1033
    1. Clears "equipment" from military so they can sell the US more better unnecessary "equipment"
    2. Puts the "equipment" in local law enforcement hands to protect the ruling elite

Don't see much of this equipment in Chicago, but we sure can use it to fight our war on gangbangers. Can you do some research on how Chicago can get in on this free stuff??
    You're helping in winning the "war"! Chicago crime at 56 year low! Good job!
  • Options
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Program 1033

by county
    http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/Mal-IL-inventory.pdf
    http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/IL inventory-weapons.pdf

must be working!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

That was a great movie and song, I would be honored. As I have said a few times already, the truth hurts, nobody ever wants to hear truth, especially in my business…all we want is the truth right??? Why is it that some people cannot handle opinions that are the complete opposite of others on here?? Isn't that what this country and PJ music is all about? I have been entertained daily by many posts on here.

You and I should get together this weekend and have a few drinks. Then we can go out and hang out at Food for Less.

Hahaha

Did you read about the 5 rascals in St. Louis who beat the Bosnian guy with hammers?
    Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm
    and how come that crime gets nowhere near the attention as the police officer who was doing his job?

Hate crime or not, thats a major false equivalency, civilian on civilian crime is not the same as an incident involving an agent of the government paid to protect.
    Fox news has been harping on this, riling their racist fan base, which is their prerogative, but the two cases are wholly unrelated and not worth comparing.

One is a senseless crime, while the other is an act of self defence where an unruly criminal attacked an armed officer of the law and met his end as a result.
    I don't disagree with this... All the more reason not to race-rile over it, while being a hypocrite and condemning Jackson and Sharpton.
    You must have me confused with someone else or were directing this at someone else. I have said nothing about Jackson and Sharpton.

I've noticed the "other side" has trouble not putting words in our mouth. Easier to put us on the "other side" and make this black and white. We either believe Wilson's version or that of the "thugs" who riot.

You either hate cops....or love them. With us, or against us. Some Bush era shit right there.

It's not Wilson against the criminals that looted Ferguson. For anybody to suggest that Wilson not being indicted is a good reason for what those idiots did to that town should be jailed along with those criminals.

If you want to make this a case of believing Wilson or not, I don't have a problem with that. But to say it's Wilson against the thugs is silly.
  • Options
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

Well what is the point to all the random links and stories of police corruption being posted? Both sides to this discussion are guilty of jumping to extremes to make their case... so don't point fingers at one without looking at the other.

Somebody is trying to say something and I'm not getting the impression that it is, "Cops are awesome!"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

disagree.....it's people killing and people dying.

Godfather.

So by that logic is a US soldier killing an Iraqi the same? Or is it different because they represent the government?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    imalive said:

This was the post I thought I quoted in a previous post. Apologies.
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

Sorry, the second part was directed at speedy, who trotted out that sad line that was generated by fox news.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Again, I fail to see where any of the brown supporters have put any of the blame on Brown. You've blamed the police, Darren Wilson, poverty, but not one of you guys have stood up and said "ya know, had brown just listened to this piece of shit cop, this wouldn't have happened."

If you are explaining this to your 8 year old child, what would the moral of your story be? Don't be black in st. Louis? Or don't be a dick when a cop tells you to move to the sidewalk?

The haves have not a fucking clue.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I've read the word random a few times on the last couple of pages....scary version, I don't do random!
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Again, I fail to see where any of the brown supporters have put any of the blame on Brown. You've blamed the police, Darren Wilson, poverty, but not one of you guys have stood up and said "ya know, had brown just listened to this piece of shit cop, this wouldn't have happened."

If you are explaining this to your 8 year old child, what would the moral of your story be? Don't be black in st. Louis? Or don't be a dick when a cop tells you to move to the sidewalk?

Don't forget "Don't rob a convenience store."

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

what ???? there's no room for common sense on the train...stop it ! :))

Godfather.
  • Options
    You Haves are the product of your environment. As was mike Brown. Your not special with special reasoning powers your just fucking lucky.

So now rather than bash the ignorance and throw out more hate do something positive. Be nice to your fellow human.

Whites have no clue.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,015
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/eric-garner-grand-jury-no-indictment

Does the "if he would have done what the cop told him he would be alive" argument apply to this case as well?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,619
    HAHAHAHAHA. America

Where a police officer can break his profession's policies, choke someone to death on video, the death is ruled a homicide and he is not be taken to trail.

Only in America, folks.

• Options

hedonist said:

imalive said:

Personally, when I get pulled over I put both hands on the wheel as the officer approaches the car. It should tell a cop right from the start that I'm not a threat. (Not that you did any thing wrong btw, but in my opinion it's a good way to start the interaction...... You know, rather than saying something like "f what you have to say" and punching him in the side of the head. More often than not, that doesn't end well. Somehow people on this thread are still struggling with the idea that assaulting a police officer is a pretty major offense.)
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

I don't understand how a person could come to the defense of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Those two are the dregs of humanity.
    Tell us how you really feel! I wonder what descriptors you save for rapists, murderers, and molesters. You may not agree with them, but these dregs have dedicated their lives to helping the underprivileged (though they certainly can be criticized for profiting as well). Jesse Jackson worked for Mr. King and was part of the marches from Selma to Montgomery for civil rights. What have YOU done with your life that makes you so far above these men who have donated thousands upon thousands of dollars and efforts to civil rights?
    For the record, I wasn't defending them, only pointing out the hypocrisy of folks (you included?) who run with those idiotic fox newsers.
  • Options

Does the "if he would have done what the cop told him he would be alive" argument apply to this case as well?

I didn't even click on the link. I could care less if it applied to this case. When it pertains to the Brown case, it does apply. And your whites have no clue statement is utterly ignorant.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    edited December 2014
    callen said:

You Haves are the product of your environment. As was mike Brown. Your not special with special reasoning powers your just fucking lucky.

So now rather than bash the ignorance and throw out more hate do something positive. Be nice to your fellow human.

Whites have no clue.

Whites have no clue? Someone who condemns a convenience store robbery is a "have"? Frankly, that is bullshit.

There are plenty of whites who commit crimes and plenty of blacks who do not. This was never about race. It was about the dynamic between criminal and cop. Michael Brown committed a criminal act minutes before his death. That was no ones fault but his own.

Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

I didn't even click on the link. I could care less if it applied to this case. When it pertains to the Brown case, it does apply. And your whites have no clue statement is utterly ignorant.
    Like a lot of posts on here you fail to read who actually posts what. You may want to take a second look.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    8-X
  • Options
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

imalive said:

Personally, when I get pulled over I put both hands on the wheel as the officer approaches the car. It should tell a cop right from the start that I'm not a threat. (Not that you did any thing wrong btw, but in my opinion it's a good way to start the interaction...... You know, rather than saying something like "f what you have to say" and punching him in the side of the head. More often than not, that doesn't end well. Somehow people on this thread are still struggling with the idea that assaulting a police officer is a pretty major offense.)
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

I don't understand how a person could come to the defense of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Those two are the dregs of humanity.
    Tell us how you really feel! I wonder what descriptors you save for rapists, murderers, and molesters. You may not agree with them, but these dregs have dedicated their lives to helping the underprivileged (though they certainly can be criticized for profiting as well). Jesse Jackson worked for Mr. King and was part of the marches from Selma to Montgomery for civil rights. What have YOU done with your life that makes you so far above these men who have donated thousands upon thousands of dollars and efforts to civil rights?
    For the record, I wasn't defending them, only pointing out the hypocrisy of folks (you included?) who run with those idiotic fox newsers.
    Playbook attacks on "high profile" political African Americans throughout history.
    First...smear with infidelity
    Second...label profiteers

• Options
    dignin said:

Like a lot of posts on here you fail to read who actually posts what. You may want to take a second look.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. If you want to point out ignorance, fine. But whites are ignorant? Fuck that.
  • Options

dignin said:

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. If you want to point out ignorance, fine. But whites are ignorant? Fuck that.

Gern didn't make the post you are referring too.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

Yes it does. If he complied with the officers instead of saying that this ends today and not letting them arrest him he would still be alive.

Don't take this as me siding with the police in this case, I think what happened over selling lose cigarettes is ridiculous and the fact that EMS did nothing to even try and save him is horrendous.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

callen said:

Whites have no clue.

Whites have no clue? Someone who condemns a convenience store robbery is a "have"? Frankly, that is bullshit.

There are plenty of whites who commit crimes and plenty of blacks who do not. This was never about race. It was about the dynamic between criminal and cop. Michael Brown committed a criminal act minutes before his death. That was no ones fault but his own.

Thanks, JimmyV.

And Jason, that was perfect - made me :D