Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

That was a great movie and song, I would be honored. As I have said a few times already, the truth hurts, nobody ever wants to hear truth, especially in my business…all we want is the truth right??? Why is it that some people cannot handle opinions that are the complete opposite of others on here?? Isn't that what this country and PJ music is all about? I have been entertained daily by many posts on here.

Actually, I like your posts.

You and I should get together this weekend and have a few drinks. Then we can go out and hang out at Food for Less.

We can keep track of how many assholes pay with their link card.
    Then drive away in their $30,000 car.

Hahaha

first drink in a bag is on me
    Did you read about the 5 rascals in St. Louis who beat the Bosnian guy with hammers?
    Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm
    and how come that crime gets nowhere near the attention as the police officer who was doing his job?

Hate crime or not, thats a major false equivalency, civilian on civilian crime is not the same as an incident involving an agent of the government paid to protect.
    Fox news has been harping on this, riling their racist fan base, which is their prerogative, but the two cases are wholly unrelated and not worth comparing.
    You are correct. They cannot be compared.

One is a senseless crime, while the other is an act of self defence where an unruly criminal attacked an armed officer of the law and met his end as a result.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

That was a great movie and song, I would be honored. As I have said a few times already, the truth hurts, nobody ever wants to hear truth, especially in my business…all we want is the truth right??? Why is it that some people cannot handle opinions that are the complete opposite of others on here?? Isn't that what this country and PJ music is all about? I have been entertained daily by many posts on here.

You and I should get together this weekend and have a few drinks. Then we can go out and hang out at Food for Less.

Hahaha

Did you read about the 5 rascals in St. Louis who beat the Bosnian guy with hammers?
    Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm
    and how come that crime gets nowhere near the attention as the police officer who was doing his job?

Hate crime or not, thats a major false equivalency, civilian on civilian crime is not the same as an incident involving an agent of the government paid to protect.
    Fox news has been harping on this, riling their racist fan base, which is their prerogative, but the two cases are wholly unrelated and not worth comparing.

One is a senseless crime, while the other is an act of self defence where an unruly criminal attacked an armed officer of the law and met his end as a result.
    =D>
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,588
    When a cop tells you to do something, comply. Chances are, you won't get shot.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

Oh Snap…..
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    imalive said:

I know that within every scenario there are different variables, people, mindsets.

But yes...this makes much sense. Common sense.

Last year I got pulled over for expired tags. I was surprised when the officer told me to keep my hands in plain sight (didn't feel I was a threat), but fuck me if I didn't comply. Why wouldn't I?

Very polite and professional fellow, by the way.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    imalive said:

For some reason this concept is hard for some to grasp.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,143
    Have we solved it all yet?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    imalive said:

Was it so simple and easy for John Crawford and Tamir Rice? Or are you boiling a hugely complicated issue down to a fox news talking point?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

I don't disagree with this... All the more reason not to race-rile over it, while being a hypocrite and condemning Jackson and Sharpton.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,579
    edited December 2014
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

I know that within every scenario there are different variables, people, mindsets.

But yes...this makes much sense. Common sense.

Last year I got pulled over for expired tags. I was surprised when the officer told me to keep my hands in plain sight (didn't feel I was a threat), but fuck me if I didn't comply. Why wouldn't I?

Very polite and professional fellow, by the way.

Personally, when I get pulled over I put both hands on the wheel as the officer approaches the car. It should tell a cop right from the start that I'm not a threat. (Not that you did any thing wrong btw, but in my opinion it's a good way to start the interaction...... You know, rather than saying something like "f what you have to say" and punching him in the side of the head. More often than not, that doesn't end well. Somehow people on this thread are still struggling with the idea that assaulting a police officer is a pretty major offense.)
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

I don't disagree with this... All the more reason not to race-rile over it, while being a hypocrite and condemning Jackson and Sharpton.
    I don't understand how a person could come to the defense of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Those two are the dregs of humanity.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

disagree.....it's people killing and people dying.

Godfather.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

No matter wha

muskydan said:

dignin said:
    republicans will attempt to block it. guaranteed.
    Can republicans be any more predictable? Just as we've said years ago. The entire republican party have only one thing they want done on their plate. ONE THING. And that's to go against Obama on every. single. thing. These crooks we have in Congress have only one agenda. They refuse to work for the people out of the spite and hatred they have for our president. Thoroughly embarrassed to be an American. Because body cameras and more training for police are the right thing to do here and everyone knows it. This is how they react to common sense solutions. But you can't reason with the unreasonable and those who have no common sense...

Right-Wing Media React To Obama's Modest Police Training Plan With Outrage, Deflection

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/12/02/right-wing-media-react-to-obamas-modest-police/201739

Conservative media outlets attacked President Obama's proposed plan for $263 million in funding for police training and body cameras following the police shooting of Michael Brown, accusing Obama of blaming police instead of focusing on issues affecting the black community. But research has shown that the use of body cameras has decreased civilian complaints and the use of force by police.
    We are getting camera's in Shitcago in 60 days. I can't freakin wait for the world to see The behavior of typical ghetto society. I can already hear the racebaiters in my town complaining about how it makes their people look bad and you can't show the General public that. Ignorance is bliss people. That is a saying that meant shit to me till I got on the job, but trust me...you do not want to know what Police officers see day in and day out. But you will now so enjoy one of the biggest shit-shows on earth brought to you by The Entitlement capital of the world. Perhaps after people see this behavior voters will be forced to realize that in order to get yo free stuff, (rent, food, cellphone, transportion, the list goes on and on) you have to pass a drug test. But I have been told that is racist too.
    Uhmm i detect a bit of racist in your tone with the " yo comment , so what is it that you want to happen ..

please enlighten us with your plan to make everything all nice with the ghetto people ...
    I Meant Your. I will do nothin. The camera's will do all the work.
    Proof is in the video no ? so lets see what happens but at least something is being done , to do nothing and pretend that nothing needs to be done is just having your head in the sand you can't deny that Police & minority community's have issues ....It's called trust and the ghetto community's have no trust in the police ....
    In theory its great and I welcome it. But I promise you, the Chicago ghetto community will hate it. It sure will be a eye opener and reality check for many who have never stepped foot in a real ghetto before . The Police can always use some more support, so it could be a real good thing. I can't wait to say ...light, camera, action!!!! But I know it won't last, the community activist's and store front reverends who are the one who actually run my pathetic city will put the Ka-Bosh on it when they realize that these cameras are making the police look like the good guys.
    Who runs your city ? No one in the "ghetto" I assure you.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

No matter wha

muskydan said:

dignin said:
    republicans will attempt to block it. guaranteed.
    Can republicans be any more predictable? Just as we've said years ago. The entire republican party have only one thing they want done on their plate. ONE THING. And that's to go against Obama on every. single. thing. These crooks we have in Congress have only one agenda. They refuse to work for the people out of the spite and hatred they have for our president. Thoroughly embarrassed to be an American. Because body cameras and more training for police are the right thing to do here and everyone knows it. This is how they react to common sense solutions. But you can't reason with the unreasonable and those who have no common sense...

Right-Wing Media React To Obama's Modest Police Training Plan With Outrage, Deflection

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/12/02/right-wing-media-react-to-obamas-modest-police/201739

Conservative media outlets attacked President Obama's proposed plan for $263 million in funding for police training and body cameras following the police shooting of Michael Brown, accusing Obama of blaming police instead of focusing on issues affecting the black community. But research has shown that the use of body cameras has decreased civilian complaints and the use of force by police.
    We are getting camera's in Shitcago in 60 days. I can't freakin wait for the world to see The behavior of typical ghetto society. I can already hear the racebaiters in my town complaining about how it makes their people look bad and you can't show the General public that. Ignorance is bliss people. That is a saying that meant shit to me till I got on the job, but trust me...you do not want to know what Police officers see day in and day out. But you will now so enjoy one of the biggest shit-shows on earth brought to you by The Entitlement capital of the world. Perhaps after people see this behavior voters will be forced to realize that in order to get yo free stuff, (rent, food, cellphone, transportion, the list goes on and on) you have to pass a drug test. But I have been told that is racist too.
    Uhmm i detect a bit of racist in your tone with the " yo comment , so what is it that you want to happen ..

please enlighten us with your plan to make everything all nice with the ghetto people ...
    I Meant Your. I will do nothin. The camera's will do all the work.
    Proof is in the video no ? so lets see what happens but at least something is being done , to do nothing and pretend that nothing needs to be done is just having your head in the sand you can't deny that Police & minority community's have issues ....It's called trust and the ghetto community's have no trust in the police ....
    In theory its great and I welcome it. But I promise you, the Chicago ghetto community will hate it. It sure will be a eye opener and reality check for many who have never stepped foot in a real ghetto before . The Police can always use some more support, so it could be a real good thing. I can't wait to say ...light, camera, action!!!! But I know it won't last, the community activist's and store front reverends who are the one who actually run my pathetic city will put the Ka-Bosh on it when they realize that these cameras are making the police look like the good guys.
    Everybody already knows how the lowest economic class behaves, it won't be any shock to anyone intelligent. What will be interesting is to see how they behave when police are no longer able to be freely antagonistic.
    Agree. Some will act better and video is great evidence for both sides. Unfortunately video may be abused but feel worth it.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hahaha

Beat him to death.

Was that a hate crime?
    Hmmmm

You must have me confused with someone else or were directing this at someone else. I have said nothing about Jackson and Sharpton.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    We as a society like to place blame on others and not take responsibilities for our own views and actions.

We rely on the Police to deal with our social failings. We the citizens are complicit when war mongering politicians spend billions on war but god forbid we build good schools, pay teachers well, community centers for the people in the ghetto.

BUT WE can't stand spending money on all those poor evil people in the ghetto.

We do all this to ourselves. The more you talk of the "ghetto" and how they loot and kill etc the more YOU are the problem.

We have the recourses. Just stand up to Mcain and tell him to stick his next offensive up his ass and invest in this country.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Again, I fail to see where any of the brown supporters have put any of the blame on Brown. You've blamed the police, Darren Wilson, poverty, but not one of you guys have stood up and said "ya know, had brown just listened to this piece of shit cop, this wouldn't have happened."

If you are explaining this to your 8 year old child, what would the moral of your story be? Don't be black in st. Louis? Or don't be a dick when a cop tells you to move to the sidewalk?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984

Again, I fail to see where any of the brown supporters have put any of the blame on Brown. You've blamed the police, Darren Wilson, poverty, but not one of you guys have stood up and said "ya know, had brown just listened to this piece of shit cop, this wouldn't have happened."

If you are explaining this to your 8 year old child, what would the moral of your story be? Don't be black in st. Louis? Or don't be a dick when a cop tells you to move to the sidewalk?

Don't forget "Don't rob a convenience store."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

what ???? there's no room for common sense on the train...stop it ! :))

Godfather.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066

Maybe he did listen to him. Maybe when he was running and the cop was shooting and saying "Stop" he did stop and turn around.

SOme of us still aren't convinced that question hasn't been answered. That doesn't mean that we approve of robbing a convenience store or acting like a dick when a cop asks you to walk on the sidewalk. That means that something stinks...an unarmed kid lost his life and the story just doesn't make sense.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I would tell my son "hey hey, its okay you don't have run and hide from cops"
    You won the lottery when you were born
    You took your mothers white breast to your tongue
    Their trained like dogs, color and smell
    They're walk by you and harass your black friend
    Remember you won the lottery by being born
    These two hands delivered a White Male American
    Don't do no wrong, stay clean cut...
    If you dirty your hands, it washes right off
    Don't worry about the police man
    Don't worry about the police man
  • Options
    I read somewhere that Snowden and Assange have agreed to come to the States and face any and all charges put to them as long a Mcculloch is the prosecuting attorney!

• Options
    Program 1033

"To just outright ban the usage of that equipment would devastate local law enforcement agencies across the nation," Rep. Richard Nugent (R-Fla.) said on the House floor in June. "This is absolutely ludicrous, to think the equipment that's utilized by law enforcement is utilized for any reason other than public safety."

"It's not misused," said Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-N.J.) at the time. "The law enforcement agencies in the Northeast that benefit from this equipment have used it to make sure that all of our citizens are protected. And not only in the Northeast."
  • Options
    What is the "equipment"? The body cams?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

What is the "equipment"? The body cams?

But the program is a conduit for much more than just MRAPs. Since 2006, through the 1033 program, the Pentagon has also distributed:

79,288 assault rifles
    205 grenade launchers
    11,959 bayonets
    3,972 combat knives
    $124 million worth of night-vision equipment, including night-vision sniper scopes
    479 bomb detonator robots
    50 airplanes, including 27 cargo transport airplanes
    422 helicopters
    More than $3.6 million worth of camouflage gear and other "deception equipment"

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/02/342494225/mraps-and-bayonets-what-we-know-about-the-pentagons-1033-program
  • Options
    The 1033 Program was created by the National Defense Authorization Act of Fiscal Year 1997 as part of the US Government's Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services (DLA) to transfer excess military equipment to law enforcement agencies.[1] As of 2014, 8,000 local law enforcement agencies participate in the reutilization program that has transferred $5.1 billion in military hardware from the Department of Defense to local American law enforcement agencies since 1997. According to DLA's "Law Enforcement Support Office" (LESO) material worth $449 million was transferred in 2013 alone.[1]

The program has been criticized over the years by local media, by the Office of the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Defense in 2003 and the GAO which found waste, abuse and fraud. But it was not until media coverage of militarized police at the August 2014 Ferguson unrest drew nationwide public and lawmakers' attention to the program. President Obama ordered a multi-agency review.
  • Options
    Program 1033
    It served two purposes for the ruling elite
    1. Clears "equipment" from military so they can sell the US more better unnecessary "equipment"
    2. Puts the "equipment" in local law enforcement hands to protect the ruling elite

Also benefits local law enforcement by giving them cool toys to play with.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how that ties into this particular clusterfuck.
  • Options

Charles Barkley had an interesting interview with CNN.....

Careful though, it doesn't fit the narrative that all police officers are racist murderers.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I'm not sure how that ties into this particular clusterfuck.

During the Brown protests some people questioned why mine resistant vehicles were deployed on the streets, why high power military grade rifles were deployed against citizens protesting what they deemed as unjust.