Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• JC29856 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/17/us/ferguson-state-of-emergency/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

prepare to be lutted,robbed,raped and beat to death if the white guy walks...sounds horrible I know but in my opinion that's why this case is so out of control and the media can't wait to fuel the fire.

Godfather.

GF was 1 for 3...I'm counting lutting and robbing as the same thing
    :))
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Irony is that the team the Rams played this weekend was The Raiders.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

I admit my facts on Ferguson, and I'm not trying to be in civil. But it's ridiculous to say this kid was murdered. He was WARNED.

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

Please whispering, stick to the facts. We don't know if Brown went for Wilsons gun. That's Wilsons story, why do you take it as gospel?

Actually the going for the gun isn't from Wilson. The going for the gun is from leaks and/or from Josie"
    I just know I've heard this account from more than one take in this.. And yeah, you'd be surprised how many people think they can do that. And who is Josie? As fir the leaks, a lot if that falls under the lies category, which pisses me off! If him going for the gun was in fact a fabrication then I stand corrected. But I highly doubt it. Yes, it is stupid, but most criminals DO stupid stuff! I can totally see this guy doing this given what he'd already done. Either way, he WAS supposedly warned to stop, or risk being shot. He declined.
    If you don't know who Josie is then you probably should refrain from posting in this thread....and that goes for everybody! Lol
    I had no idea who Josie was either. Why would I? Did a search just now, first time aware of this.

Please know (and maybe be considerate of the fact) that not everyone is following every single item out there on this - and yet still can contribute thoughts same as anyone.

Despite the "lol", couldn't tell if you were being condescending or genuinely kidding.

Is it that much to ask that people know wtf they are talking about? You think Josie falls under the every little detail?
    Like i said if your commenting here and don't know about Josie then you probably shouldn't comment at all....but I'm glad i could shed light on Josie for those that don't know wtf they're talking about.
    But there ya go - instead of the incredulous point-and-laugh stance of "how can you not know this?", sharing of information might go a longer way.

I've been learning much via the Israel threads from people making their points reasonably and without disdain for those who may not be as informed. And, I've made a few comments in them (without fear OR retribution!).

What are you afraid of? Retribution? How?
    Jesus, are you going back and randomly bumping older posts with little quips? I'm not sure how one can fairly digest everything when quoting and bumping and posting (oh my!) within one or two minutes.

Who said anything about being afraid? I spoke to being able to share my opinions without being met with anger, condescension and the like.

Thought my post to you was reasonable. If you don't think so, please explain. Otherwise, it seems like just trying to stir up shit.

(that's just my opinion; I could be wrong)

I believe you said you feared retribution. Your post was reasonable, I'm just asking a question to gain a better understanding. Im wondering if i should be afraid of something, that's all.
    You quoted me, man. I assumed you read it first?

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A couple random thoughts on police body cameras ...

* Whichever company makes body cameras must be drooling right now.

* It's odd that the activist are in favor of an Orwellian policy put in place

* If a 30 year old dork can loot the NSA main stronghold, imagine all the potential crime scene data spread among thousands of police stations with crappy servers. TMZ must be drooling right now.

* I hope the Russian people catch on to wearing body cameras.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

I admit my facts on Ferguson, and I'm not trying to be in civil. But it's ridiculous to say this kid was murdered. He was WARNED.

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

Please whispering, stick to the facts. We don't know if Brown went for Wilsons gun. That's Wilsons story, why do you take it as gospel?

Actually the going for the gun isn't from Wilson. The going for the gun is from leaks and/or from Josie"
    I just know I've heard this account from more than one take in this.. And yeah, you'd be surprised how many people think they can do that. And who is Josie? As fir the leaks, a lot if that falls under the lies category, which pisses me off! If him going for the gun was in fact a fabrication then I stand corrected. But I highly doubt it. Yes, it is stupid, but most criminals DO stupid stuff! I can totally see this guy doing this given what he'd already done. Either way, he WAS supposedly warned to stop, or risk being shot. He declined.
    If you don't know who Josie is then you probably should refrain from posting in this thread....and that goes for everybody! Lol
    I had no idea who Josie was either. Why would I? Did a search just now, first time aware of this.

Please know (and maybe be considerate of the fact) that not everyone is following every single item out there on this - and yet still can contribute thoughts same as anyone.

Despite the "lol", couldn't tell if you were being condescending or genuinely kidding.

Is it that much to ask that people know wtf they are talking about? You think Josie falls under the every little detail?
    Like i said if your commenting here and don't know about Josie then you probably shouldn't comment at all....but I'm glad i could shed light on Josie for those that don't know wtf they're talking about.
    But there ya go - instead of the incredulous point-and-laugh stance of "how can you not know this?", sharing of information might go a longer way.

I've been learning much via the Israel threads from people making their points reasonably and without disdain for those who may not be as informed. And, I've made a few comments in them (without fear OR retribution!).

What are you afraid of? Retribution? How?
    Jesus, are you going back and randomly bumping older posts with little quips? I'm not sure how one can fairly digest everything when quoting and bumping and posting (oh my!) within one or two minutes.

Who said anything about being afraid? I spoke to being able to share my opinions without being met with anger, condescension and the like.

Thought my post to you was reasonable. If you don't think so, please explain. Otherwise, it seems like just trying to stir up shit.

(that's just my opinion; I could be wrong)

I believe you said you feared retribution. Your post was reasonable, I'm just asking a question to gain a better understanding. Im wondering if i should be afraid of something, that's all.
    You quoted me, man. I assumed you read it first?

My apologies, I thought you meant that unlike other threads (Israel) you cant post in this one without fear or retribution.
    My misunderstanding.
    Darren Wilson changed his story click the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2857630/EXCLUSIVE-Darren-Wilson-changed-crucial-elements-story-aftermath-shooting-Michael-Brown-dead-including-knew-teenager-wanted-thief.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

Consistent with the chief initially sayind Wilson had no knowledge of the robbery.

That's old news the real headline is...Why didn't the prosecution grill Wilson like they grilled the other witnesses over "inconsistent testimony"?
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    lets all get over it already.....the cop walked and business were robbed and burned to the ground and it was not a race issue because those people would have rioted if a black cop shot a white thug right ?.......good grief !

Godfather.

• You guys are right, it's about f$cking time we got rid of the police & let criminals do their thing in peace.
    edited December 2014
    Read this from the prosecutor and ignore that she handed jurors bad informing/law to rely on.

“Previously in the very beginning of this process I printed out a statute for you that was, the statute in Missouri for the use of force to affect an arrest. So if you all want to get those out. What we have discovered and we have been going along with this, doing our research, is that the statute in the state of Missouri does not comply with the case law. This doesn’t sound probably unfamiliar with you that the law is codified in the written form in the books and they’re called statutes, but courts interpret those statutes.
    And so the statute for the use of force to affect an arrest in the state of Missouri does not comply with Missouri supreme, I’m sorry, United States supreme court cases.
    So the statue I gave you, if you want to fold that in half just so that you know don’t necessarily rely on that because there is a portion of that that doesn’t comply with the law.”

“That does correctly state what the law is on when an officer can use force and when he can use Deadly Force in affecting an arrest, okay. I don’t want you to get confused and don’t rely on that copy or that print-out of the statute that I’ve given you a long time ago.
    It is not entirely incorrect or inaccurate, but there is something in it that’s not correct, ignore it totally” Alizadeh stated.

I need an interpreter, so did the jury.

Confused, presumably by the lack of explanation, one juror asked if Federal court overrides Missouri statutes. Her reply? “As far as you need to know, just don’t worry about that.”
    Then a second prosecutor says
    “We don’t want to get into a law class.”

CMTSU

lets all get over it already.....the cop walked and business were robbed and burned to the ground and it was not a race issue because those people would have rioted if a black cop shot a white thug right ?.......good grief !

Godfather.

Ok...what do you suggest we move onto...fast track?
    I do appreciate your commentary.
    JC29856 said:

Godfather.

Ok...what do you suggest we move onto...fast track?
    I do appreciate your commentary.
    well, why dont we "BURN THIS BITCH DOWN"........http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/justice/ferguson-protests-investigation/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
    I havn't really followed every post so if this is old news I apoligize.

Godfather.

but yeah the fast track is a good topic,being a union member/officer this is a topic that pisses everybody off at the hall and I really enjoy watching our B.A getting his panties in a wad over that subject.....keeping in mind he's a control freak LOL !!!! fucking with him is great fun ! :))

Godfather.
  • backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited December 2014

dignin said:
    republicans will attempt to block it. guaranteed.
    Can republicans be any more predictable? Just as we've said years ago. The entire republican party have only one thing they want done on their plate. ONE THING. And that's to go against Obama on every. single. thing. These crooks we have in Congress have only one agenda. They refuse to work for the people out of the spite and hatred they have for our president. Thoroughly embarrassed to be an American. Because body cameras and more training for police are the right thing to do here and everyone knows it. This is how they react to common sense solutions. But you can't reason with the unreasonable and those who have no common sense...

Right-Wing Media React To Obama's Modest Police Training Plan With Outrage, Deflection

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/12/02/right-wing-media-react-to-obamas-modest-police/201739

Conservative media outlets attacked President Obama's proposed plan for $263 million in funding for police training and body cameras following the police shooting of Michael Brown, accusing Obama of blaming police instead of focusing on issues affecting the black community. But research has shown that the use of body cameras has decreased civilian complaints and the use of force by police.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Somebody Needs to get a life. Who has time to "research" all of this nonsense? I would Luv to have that sort of free time. Go take a walk outside, life is goooood.
  • backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited December 2014
    muskydan said:

Somebody Needs to get a life. Who has time to "research" all of this nonsense? I would Luv to have that sort of free time. Go take a walk outside, life is goooood.

It takes exactly 2 seconds to hear this shit on the news. But you're right, it is so beautiful outside and it's a gift to be alive.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

dignin said:
    Can republicans be any more predictable? Just as we've said years ago. The entire republican party have only one thing they want done on their plate. ONE THING. And that's to go against Obama on every. single. thing. These crooks we have in Congress have only one agenda. They refuse to work for the people out of the spite and hatred they have for our president. Thoroughly embarrassed to be an American. Because body cameras and more training for police are the right thing to do here and everyone knows it. This is how they react to common sense solutions. But you can't reason with the unreasonable and those who have no common sense...

Right-Wing Media React To Obama's Modest Police Training Plan With Outrage, Deflection

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/12/02/right-wing-media-react-to-obamas-modest-police/201739

Conservative media outlets attacked President Obama's proposed plan for $263 million in funding for police training and body cameras following the police shooting of Michael Brown, accusing Obama of blaming police instead of focusing on issues affecting the black community. But research has shown that the use of body cameras has decreased civilian complaints and the use of force by police.
    Republicans are just pandering to scared white people. Smart move.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG

dignin said:

We are getting camera's in Shitcago in 60 days. I can't freakin wait for the world to see The behavior of typical ghetto society. I can already hear the racebaiters in my town complaining about how it makes their people look bad and you can't show the General public that. Ignorance is bliss people. That is a saying that meant shit to me till I got on the job, but trust me...you do not want to know what Police officers see day in and day out. But you will now so enjoy one of the biggest shit-shows on earth brought to you by The Entitlement capital of the world. Perhaps after people see this behavior voters will be forced to realize that in order to get yo free stuff, (rent, food, cellphone, transportion, the list goes on and on) you have to pass a drug test. But I have been told that is racist too.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,169
    No matter wha
    muskydan said:

dignin said:

We are getting camera's in Shitcago in 60 days. I can't freakin wait for the world to see The behavior of typical ghetto society. I can already hear the racebaiters in my town complaining about how it makes their people look bad and you can't show the General public that. Ignorance is bliss people. That is a saying that meant shit to me till I got on the job, but trust me...you do not want to know what Police officers see day in and day out. But you will now so enjoy one of the biggest shit-shows on earth brought to you by The Entitlement capital of the world. Perhaps after people see this behavior voters will be forced to realize that in order to get yo free stuff, (rent, food, cellphone, transportion, the list goes on and on) you have to pass a drug test. But I have been told that is racist too.
    Uhmm i detect a bit of racist in your tone with the " yo comment , so what is it that you want to happen ..

please enlighten us with your plan to make everything all nice with the ghetto people ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

No matter wha

muskydan said:

dignin said:

Uhmm i detect a bit of racist in your tone with the " yo comment , so what is it that you want to happen ..

please enlighten us with your plan to make everything all nice with the ghetto people ...
    I Meant Your. I will do nothin. The camera's will do all the work.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,169
    muskydan said:

No matter wha

muskydan said:

dignin said:

Proof is in the video no ? so lets see what happens but at least something is being done , to do nothing and pretend that nothing needs to be done is just having your head in the sand you can't deny that Police & minority community's have issues ....It's called trust and the ghetto community's have no trust in the police ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Fuck the cameras!
    Let the civil lawsuits come out of police dept pension funds, maybe even the individual police officers. Repeat offending police departments should carry private insurance to cover civil suits instead of Joe taxpayer footing the bills. Let them pay the exorbitant premiums and we see cops policing themselves.

JC29856 said:

Fuck the cameras!
    Let the civil lawsuits come out of police dept pension funds, maybe even the individual police officers. Repeat offending police departments should carry private insurance to cover civil suits instead of Joe taxpayer footing the bills. Let them pay the exorbitant premiums and we see cops policing themselves.

Do your research, I can't believe I am saying that to you…. they have been suing individual officers punitively for years. Do I need to explain what punitive means?

muskydan said:

No matter wha

muskydan said:

dignin said:

Proof is in the video no ? so lets see what happens but at least something is being done , to do nothing and pretend that nothing needs to be done is just having your head in the sand you can't deny that Police & minority community's have issues ....It's called trust and the ghetto community's have no trust in the police ....
    In theory its great and I welcome it. But I promise you, the Chicago ghetto community will hate it. It sure will be a eye opener and reality check for many who have never stepped foot in a real ghetto before . The Police can always use some more support, so it could be a real good thing. I can't wait to say ...light, camera, action!!!! But I know it won't last, the community activist's and store front reverends who are the one who actually run my pathetic city will put the Ka-Bosh on it when they realize that these cameras are making the police look like the good guys.
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Fuck the cameras!

Do your research, I can't believe I am saying that to you…. they have been suing individual officers punitively for years. Do I need to explain what punitive means?
    I don't have time to research it but i will pay you to for me. I will send you $10,000 cash if you can provide the total number of police officers in the US. Then simply provide me with research that shows .5% that's one half of one percent of that number (total # of us police officers) that paid punitive damages out of pocket? You can have a nice Christmas with 10gs! Just post the findings here. As a bonus just in case you can't find .5% I'll give you $1,000 for just .1%.
    If cash isn't your thing, then you name it, want to tour with pj this summer, all expenses paid by me city to city up to $10,000.
  • dignin said:
    Not even close.
    how so not even close??

the rams are standing in solidarity with a minority who was murdered by a government employee. i can see the similarity.
    One features an Olympic hero demonstrating strength against Aryan ideology. A classic social moment at a most important time.

The other features some athletes standing in solidarity with a criminal 'murdered' after trying to assault a police officer. A misguided attempt that tried to speak for a very appropriate cause... using the wrong case to do so.
    you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the protests in ferguson are about. it is not just this one single case. hands up don't shoot is a movement against police brutality nationwide. the rams are standing in solidarity with people worldwide who are opposing and resisting police brutality.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • callen said:

dignin said:

Republicans are just pandering to scared white people. Smart move.

that is all they ever do. that is all they have ever done. if not for scared white people the gop would not exist.

• muskydan said:

dignin said:

i can't wait for the world to see cops who talk about people the way you do. all it will do is expose something that most of us already suspect. i worked at a school in oakville and the resource cops there routinely referred to a group of black students as T-Dog, Booboo, and Pookie...

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

No matter wha

muskydan said:

dignin said:

In theory its great and I welcome it. But I promise you, the Chicago ghetto community will hate it. It sure will be a eye opener and reality check for many who have never stepped foot in a real ghetto before . The Police can always use some more support, so it could be a real good thing. I can't wait to say ...light, camera, action!!!! But I know it won't last, the community activist's and store front reverends who are the one who actually run my pathetic city will put the Ka-Bosh on it when they realize that these cameras are making the police look like the good guys.
    Everybody already knows how the lowest economic class behaves, it won't be any shock to anyone intelligent. What will be interesting is to see how they behave when police are no longer able to be freely antagonistic.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?