Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2014
    Nice way of saying the police lied about killing an innocent 12 year old.

Now surveillance video appears to contradict police claims, as it shows the police officer shooting Rice immediately after getting out of a moving patrol car.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/11/26/police-shooting-of-pre-teen-in-cleveland

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/us/video-shows-cleveland-officer-shot-tamir-rice-2-seconds-after-pulling-up-next-to-him.html?smid=nytcore-iphone-share&smprod=nytcore-iphone&_r=0&referrer=
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    There were zero foi requests to release the Brown robbery still images, but they were released.
    There were 37 foi requests to release the images of Darren Wilson injuries, but they weren't released.

You think this was purposeful...

For those that haven't followed, police initially said Wilson had no prior knowledge of the store robbery. Police then said that they released the still images of the robbery due to foi demands which turned out to be exactly none.

Picking and choosing what info the public receives to shape public opinion. Sneaky Leaky.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited November 2014
    JC29856 said:

Now surveillance video appears to contradict police claims, as it shows the police officer shooting Rice immediately after getting out of a moving patrol car.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/us/video-shows-cleveland-officer-shot-tamir-rice-2-seconds-after-pulling-up-next-to-him.html?smid=nytcore-iphone-share

Quote screwed up, this is my statement below, not JC's.
    I find it positively DISGUSTING that this thread blew up with vitriolic comments about the rioters and looters, yet none of them makes a peep when we post about a 12 year old being gunned down by trigger-happy coward THUGS!
    Loss of property and small businesses boody-fuckin-hoo how fucking terrible, what lowlife animals they are.
    How about loss of a childs life? Doesn't get people riled up so much, I guess it's too uncomfortable.

This isn't wild speculation, the video shows what it shows, just like the Crawford case. MB supporters have been criticized on here for only seeing the things that support their argument...well the door swings both ways and I guess it isn't convenient for the cop lovers to see the evidence of the systemic problem this country has. I am thankful to have the opportunities in life afforded to a WMA, to be away from the poison of city life, and to have my loving family on this Thanksgiving. I wish everyone could be so lucky.

Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I've been thinking about this as I sit here bored at work. This is directed to the Brown supporters. Do you really think that Wilson committed first or second degree murder? I am having a difficult time understanding the line of thinking. I understand being upset over the fact that a man was killed. But why is it hard to understand that Wilson was defending himself? Would you have rather seen Wilson get a broken nose, or a black eye? Maybe a tooth or two get knocked out? Would it have been ok then?

Why are you trying so hard to find holes in Wilson's story? I'm fine with asking questions. But you are scrutinizing the way he described how hard he was being hit, how many feet did blood drops travel, freedom of information requests, white cops in a black neighborhood and so on. While all of you question the actions of Wilson, none of you have questioned the actions of Brown. Remember, he's was the aggressor in this entire incident. He was the one that just robbed a store. He was the one that was walking in the middle of the road. He was the one that slammed the police car door shut. He was the one the threw the punches. Brown tried to TAKE THE GUN AWAY FROM A POLICE OFFICER. He's the one that after he was shot, turned back, aggressively toward Wilson. These are the facts of this case. Theres is no debating that. Why aren't any of you questioning his actions? The only thing that can be debated in these fact is how you would describe how Brown was walking back towards Wilson.

So after most of us have read the transcript of the GJ testimony do you really think Wilson committed first or second degree murder? First degree is the intentional murder that is willful and premeditated. Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion."

• Options
    JC29856 said:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/us/video-shows-cleveland-officer-shot-tamir-rice-2-seconds-after-pulling-up-next-to-him.html?smid=nytcore-iphone-share&smprod=nytcore-iphone&_r=0&referrer=

I haven't dove into this case yet. I ahvent read the police account. I woulkd ask that you start a new thread for this because it I have a feeling that this could be anothe 25+ page thread.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

I haven't dove into this case yet. I ahvent read the police account. I woulkd ask that you start a new thread for this because it I have a feeling that this could be anothe 25+ page thread.
    Doubt it. Too uncomfortable. Also, more importantly, nothing to argue about lol. it's pretty self explanatory with the video being available.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,432

dignin said:

A prominent legal expert eviscerates the Darren Wilson prosecution, in 8 tweets

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/11/25/7285265/darren-wilson-grand-jury

A cross examiners dream. Yea, anyone that can keep their cool under pressure could rationally answer those questions. (It's definitely a question weather Wilson could or not). But there were bruises on his head and face. Maybe the guy doesn't bruise easy. Who knows. But to say the lack of bruising doesn't indicate that he wasn't hit hard is not proof of anything.

One thing is for sure: there was bruising on his head and face, which proves he was assaulted.
    does not mean he was "hit full force" as his testimony states.

if a man the size of brown hit a smaller man full force, there would be swelling, bruising, potentially a fracture on his face. as someone who works with a hand surgeon, they need to look at brown's hand for a metacarpal fracture. normally, in a fist fight without gloves, metacarpals fracture before the facial bones with a "full force" punch. this is the only way to prove if brown really hit him as hard as wilson alleges.
    If you were hit by a man Brown's size, I'd bet you thought you had been hit with full force. You don't have to break bones in your hand to hit somebody hard. Like I said earlier, how can anyone decide that Wilson didn't reasonably think his life was in danger? What matters is that he did. At in the end, the grand jury did. The bruises on his face weren't just a couple of scrapes. In comparison, they were more severe than George Zimmermans injuries. Wilson testified that he was hit with full force. Ok. Prove he wasn't. Because Brown didn't ha e a broken hand?
    The bruises on Wilson's face are significant marks. If anyone hit you hard enough to leave that kind of bruise on your cheek, you're going to tell me you wouldn't be fearing for your life?
    I know we all want to think we are tough guys and we could handle it.

If you are sitting in the drivers seat, even with your head turned how do you get struck that low and as far back as that on the RIGHT SIDE? Glancing blow at best.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

dignin said:

A prominent legal expert eviscerates the Darren Wilson prosecution, in 8 tweets

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/11/25/7285265/darren-wilson-grand-jury

A cross examiners dream. Yea, anyone that can keep their cool under pressure could rationally answer those questions. (It's definitely a question weather Wilson could or not). But there were bruises on his head and face. Maybe the guy doesn't bruise easy. Who knows. But to say the lack of bruising doesn't indicate that he wasn't hit hard is not proof of anything.

One thing is for sure: there was bruising on his head and face, which proves he was assaulted.
    does not mean he was "hit full force" as his testimony states.

if a man the size of brown hit a smaller man full force, there would be swelling, bruising, potentially a fracture on his face. as someone who works with a hand surgeon, they need to look at brown's hand for a metacarpal fracture. normally, in a fist fight without gloves, metacarpals fracture before the facial bones with a "full force" punch. this is the only way to prove if brown really hit him as hard as wilson alleges.
    If you were hit by a man Brown's size, I'd bet you thought you had been hit with full force. You don't have to break bones in your hand to hit somebody hard. Like I said earlier, how can anyone decide that Wilson didn't reasonably think his life was in danger? What matters is that he did. At in the end, the grand jury did. The bruises on his face weren't just a couple of scrapes. In comparison, they were more severe than George Zimmermans injuries. Wilson testified that he was hit with full force. Ok. Prove he wasn't. Because Brown didn't ha e a broken hand?
    The bruises on Wilson's face are significant marks. If anyone hit you hard enough to leave that kind of bruise on your cheek, you're going to tell me you wouldn't be fearing for your life?
    I know we all want to think we are tough guys and we could handle it.

If you are sitting in the drivers seat, even with your head turned how do you get struck that low and as far back as that on the RIGHT SIDE? Glancing blow at best.
    He was in an suv. With his head turned, one could connect with a good left hook.
  • Options
    Police don't lie, i swear...

Police claimed in their report that they noticed a suspected drug dealer stick a sock in his mouth when he saw them approach, so they had to repeatedly punch him in the face to keep him from choking, even if it did land him in a hospital bed as you can see in the above photo.

They also had to punch him because another cop who was placing the suspect in a chokehold had his arm underneath the suspect, causing the officer intense pain and injury. That cop’s arms are posted below.

They also claimed they had to trip the man’s pregnant wife because they were fearing that she would kick them.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/video-survives-denver-police/
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    edited November 2014
    Police brutality just has to stop .....these cops need to be in jail just like Wilson should be
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I don't know why you posting about other cases in this thread. It's difficult enough keeping up with all of the comments related to Michael Brown. Let alone you talking about and linking from 3 other cases.
  • Options
    I will post as many stories about police lying as i can find as long a people will continue to believe what Wilson has said.

As i said previous Wilson made 2 cell phone calls after the shooting that is not found in his interview or his gj testimony. One was made to his friend the chief of police in a neighboring town the other is still unknown.

The civil suit will bring many more things to light. Let's see if Wilson takes the stand since he was so willing to give 4.5 hours of testimony to the grand jury without being cross examined.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

I will post as many stories about police lying as i can find as long a people will continue to believe what Wilson has said.

As i said previous Wilson made 2 cell phone calls after the shooting that is not found in his interview or his gj testimony. One was made to his friend the chief of police in a neighboring town the other is still unknown.

The civil suit will bring many more things to light. Let's see if Wilson takes the stand since he was so willing to give 4.5 hours of testimony to the grand jury without being cross examined.

I've been thinking about this as I sit here bored at work. This is directed to the Brown supporters. Do you really think that Wilson committed first or second degree murder? I am having a difficult time understanding the line of thinking. I understand being upset over the fact that a man was killed. But why is it hard to understand that Wilson was defending himself? Would you have rather seen Wilson get a broken nose, or a black eye? Maybe a tooth or two get knocked out? Would it have been ok then?

Why are you trying so hard to find holes in Wilson's story? I'm fine with asking questions. But you are scrutinizing the way he described how hard he was being hit, how many feet did blood drops travel, freedom of information requests, white cops in a black neighborhood and so on. While all of you question the actions of Wilson, none of you have questioned the actions of Brown. Remember, he's was the aggressor in this entire incident. He was the one that just robbed a store. He was the one that was walking in the middle of the road. He was the one that slammed the police car door shut. He was the one the threw the punches. Brown tried to TAKE THE GUN AWAY FROM A POLICE OFFICER. He's the one that after he was shot, turned back, aggressively toward Wilson. These are the facts of this case. Theres is no debating that. Why aren't any of you questioning his actions? The only thing that can be debated in these fact is how you would describe how Brown was walking back towards Wilson.

So after most of us have read the transcript of the GJ testimony do you really think Wilson committed first or second degree murder? First degree is the intentional murder that is willful and premeditated. Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion."

2nd degree
  • Options
    Police raid/looting wrong house, disfigure child....no charges.
    File under looting, no indictment

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/no-charges-for-officers-in-botched-drug-raid-that-/nhc2N/
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Police brutality just has to stop .....these cops need to be in jail just like Wilson should be

I hear where your coming from Jose but what do you suggest People do?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    After seeing this story on the News these last couple of days over here and seeing all the Riots and looting and Vandalising all I think is how ***FERAL*** they're acting...I can understand the anger and the Fustration though.
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Double post people.
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options

Trayvon Martin was a senseless tragedy, that poor kid did nothing wrong.

This is not a senseless tragedy.

Michael Brown was a criminal who attacked a cop. These facts are indisputable. As someone said earlier in the thread, if he moved to the sidewalk, and let Wilson move along, he would probably be at home getting ready for Thanksgiving w/ his family. Instead he decided to attack a cop.
    Why do so many Brown supporters ignore this?

He attacked a cop.

Are there racist cops in this country? Yes. Is police brutality an issue in this country? Yes. Do police lie? Yes. In this case however, there seems to be more than ample evidence that Brown was the aggressor. How can you gloss over that blatant fact?

No one is refuting that this cop was attacked by a kid who had 90lbs on him. A lot of people are questioning Wilson's toughness & injuries....... The kid had 90 f'ing pounds on him and was trying to get his gun. I don't know how you can look at those facts and say his life wasn't in danger.

Should he have waited for Brown to take his gun before he decided his life was in danger?

I'm no police apologist, I know there are a $hit-ton of crooked cops out there, (Wilson may very well be one) but I don't think he was in the wrong here.

You may not have to respect cops (it's clear many of you don't) but you sure as fuck can't go around assaulting them & trying to take their guns. That's not likely to have a good outcome.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Michael Brown was a criminal who attacked a cop. These facts are indisputable. As someone said earlier in the thread, if he moved to the sidewalk, and let Wilson move along, he would probably be at home getting ready for Thanksgiving w/ his family. Instead he decided to attack a cop.

He attacked a cop.

Are there racist cops in this country? Yes. Is police brutality an issue in this country? Yes. Do police lie? Yes. In this case however, there seems to be more than ample evidence that Brown was the aggressor. How can you gloss over that blatant fact?

No one is refuting that this cop was attacked by a kid who had 90lbs on him. A lot of people are questioning Wilson's toughness & injuries....... The kid had 90 f'ing pounds on him and was trying to get his gun. I don't know how you can look at those facts and say his life wasn't in danger.

Should he have waited for Brown to take his gun before he decided his life was in danger?

I'm no police apologist, I know there are a $hit-ton of crooked cops out there, (Wilson may very well be one) but I don't think he was in the wrong here.

You may not have to respect cops (it's clear many of you don't) but you sure as fuck can't go around assaulting them & trying to take their guns. That's not likely to have a good outcome.

How is michael brown a criminal?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    edited November 2014

He attacked a cop.

He robbed a convenient store. He attacked a cop. This is criminal behavior. Punishable by death? No, but when you attack a cop & try to take his gun, you're putting your life in jeopardy.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

He attacked a cop.

He robbed a convenient store. He attacked a cop. This is criminal behavior.
    Criminal behaviour doesn't necessarily equate to being a criminal.... and lets not forget your criminal is dead..... and criminality is legal rhetoric so....
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,432
    JC29856 said:

Ok. But in the interest of thread integrity how about reviving one of the many threads already created by unsung on that very thing?

Plenty of those to choose from. I and many others would appreciate it. Important enough to stand as its own topic. As is this specific case and how it was handled. It also raises several other items of great import that could split off and stand on their own as well.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

He attacked a cop.

Criminal behaviour doesn't necessarily equate to being a criminal.... and lets not forget your criminal is dead..... and criminality is legal rhetoric so....
    Yes, he's dead because he attacked a cop & tried to take his gun. No one is refuting these aspects of the case.

Attacking cops & trying to take their guns is not a recipe for a long & healthy life. I don't know what's so hard to understand.
  • Options

He attacked a cop.

Yes, he's dead because he attacked a cop & tried to take his gun. No one is refuting these aspects of the case.

Attacking cops & trying to take their guns is not a recipe for a long & healthy life. I don't know what's so hard to understand.
    Well being Shot six times while unarmed is that justified?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i_lov_it said:

Peaceful protest at the local level complain to your local elected officials , write letters send emails make phone calls ...can't just stand by if it happens in your/my town I live across a state trooper really great guy my brother in law retired ny city cop great guy , the good cops should be commended for their commitment but c'mon the cops that overstep their anger should be disciplined accordingly ....
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    On this great day for Americans to celebrate With friends and family I would like to also say thank you to all the First Responders for keeping us Safe.
    Keep up the thankless good work and never doubt yourself or your training when you are in fear for your life, your partners life, or a citizens life. Always Always Always remember it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

• Options

i_lov_it said:

Peaceful protest at the local level complain to your local elected officials , write letters send emails make phone calls ...can't just stand by if it happens in your/my town I live across a state trooper really great guy my brother in law retired ny city cop great guy , the good cops should be commended for their commitment but c'mon the cops that overstep their anger should be disciplined accordingly ....
    I completely agree...That's why seeing on the news here with all the looting and Vandalising and setting Innocent People property on fire is the wrong way to go about it.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

On this great day for Americans to celebrate With friends and family I would like to also say thank you to all the First Responders for keeping us Safe.
    Keep up the thankless good work and never doubt yourself or your training when you are in fear for your life, your partners life, or a citizens life. Always Always Always remember it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

What variety of first responder are you?
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:

He attacked a cop.

Well being Shot six times while unarmed is that justified?
    If I heard about an unarmed person being shot six times, my immediate reaction would be to question the cop. But there's more to this story than that. This was a 300 pound person (yes, teenager, but 300lbs nonetheless) who according to some eye witness testimonies was coming back at the cop again after being shot multiple times. I don't think the kid should have ended up dead, but I can't say deadly force wasn't justified either.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306

He attacked a cop.

I am still not convinced he was going for the cops gun. Can you show me the evidence that proves he was?