Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited November 2014
    This reminds me of running racehorses on treadmills!! ( yes they do that.. There's a reason, but it's long, and means nothing to the common person), you amp
    Up the speed, but in the end, you still have to jog the horse out.. Yes it serves an underlying purpose.. But in the end the result is always going to be the same thing..

This conversation has become like that.. Your horses are winded folks, take them
    Out, jog em' and put to rest.. This is literally going in circles now. It has ceased to be a debate and become a verbal juggling act. Ugh,reading all this is like trying to run in sucker mud.. None of you ( even myself) is 100% right. Why?? Because everybody experiences things differently. Some of us have some actual experience in these sorts of situations, some if us don't. Some of us have only heard about these things on TV, the radio or by looking up info online. The truth is none of is was THERE, we didn't see it happen. None of us are DIRECTLY involved.. So everything said is a personal belief. Trying to convince people to sway their beliefs to follow yours is like cultism.. Just let it go.. I may carry a gin on my person at all times to defend myself from idiots like this kid that got shot, but I in no way have a fascination with this shit.. You guys just keep going and going and going with it, like rabid dogs. It's just as sick as what happened.. You're all horses on treadmills.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    I've been personally learning a lot about this topic from this thread.

This is a debating forum, if you don't like it, don't click on the thread. Simple and easy.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

Perhaps having an all white police force in a heavily colored area was the first problem and very well could have been fixed before anything like this happened. Any time the classes of population are extreme in accordance to the governing and the governed, more than likely will there be revolt. Ferguson was merely waiting for this to happen.

Hold on a minute here... Did I just read "heavily Colored area"???? Where is this forum's racist detector Rgambs?? Care to call him out on this blatant racist comment like you do to everyone who doesn't see things your way?
    You just don't understand, it is about intent. "Colored" may not be the preferred term, but it was used benignly.
    Thanks for clarifying that for me almighty master of the boards integrity unit.

Slow day on the protester front in Chicago...only 6 people locked up for throwing fake blood on the Police. Black Friday and Sat are supposed to be a mess all over the country ...and St. Lousey is calling for 60's....Dats gonna be a shit show. Be safe
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    dignin said:

This is a debating forum, if you don't like it, don't click on the thread. Simple and easy.

Except that this has become a circular conversation versus a debate. I appreciate a good debate, but everyone is just repeating their opinions over and over and over again.. There's not much to
    Learn anymore, save for anyone's opinions. And honestly that's all they are.. Oh well spend your hours how you wish, but this fascination with this thing is just as bad as the incident itself.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

This reminds me of running racehorses on treadmills!! ( yes they do that.. There's a reason, but it's long, and means nothing to the common person), you amp
    Up the speed, but in the end, you still have to jog the horse out.. Yes it serves an underlying purpose.. But in the end the result is always going to be the same thing..

This conversation has become like that.. Your horses are winded folks, take them
    Out, jog em' and put to rest.. This is literally going in circles now. It has ceased to be a debate and become a verbal juggling act. Ugh,reading all this is like trying to run in sucker mud.. None of you ( even myself) is 100% right. Why?? Because everybody experiences things differently. Some of us have some actual experience in these sorts of situations, some if us don't. Some of us have only heard about these things on TV, the radio or by looking up info online. The truth is none of is was THERE, we didn't see it happen. None of us are DIRECTLY involved.. So everything said is a personal belief. Trying to convince people to sway their beliefs to follow yours is like cultism.. Just let it go.. I may carry a gin on my person at all times to defend myself from idiots like this kid that got shot, but I in no way have a fascination with this shit.. You guys just keep going and going and going with it, like rabid dogs. It's just as sick as what happened.. You're all horses on treadmills.

I disagree. Most of us are making valid points on both sides of the discussion. This thread is no different than any other thread that has over 50 pages. It evolves. The topic changes as the story develops. There are always points that get made more than once. Sometimes the argument does go in circles, but it only lasts for a page or so and it gets back on track. There will always be thread killers out there goes off on a tangent that has nothing to do with the topic, but they usually get either ignored or proven wrong. A couple days ago, I went back and read the first 20 pages of this thread just to see how opinions may change over the course of three months. But I don't see those of us involved as horses on treadmills.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

dignin said:

Except that this has become a circular conversation versus a debate. I appreciate a good debate, but everyone is just repeating their opinions over and over and over again.. There's not much to
    Learn anymore, save for anyone's opinions. And honestly that's all they are.. Oh well spend your hours how you wish, but this fascination with this thing is just as bad as the incident itself.
    Whispering hands nails it again. That's the second drink I owe you;). Have a great Turkey day Doll, Especialky the venison.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

As bad as a death, riots, looting, and brutality towards and from police? Not quite.

dignin said:

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    edited November 2014
    Oh... speaking of murky evidence...

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    And Wilson just got his first big pay check.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    What's murky about that? Unprofessional? Yes. Should he be fired? Yes. But it's not murky. Murky would have been if photographs had been taken and somehow disappeared.

Do you think that pictures were not taken on purpose to hide something?
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    dignin said:

I can't believe the amount of distain people have for the police. Yes, there are bad apples in the bunch. Just like there are crooked members of the military, and crooked lawyers, and crooked firefighters. But they are needed. Weather you like them or not, weather they like you or not, they will protect you with their life. The amount of disrespect they are facing these days is absolutely absurd. When somebody breaks into your home what's the first thing you do? Call for the police. You only hope they respond when you're the one in need. I'm not one that thinks respect is automatically given, it is earned. Most cops deserve your respect. They earn it everyday they go on shift patrolling the streets.

maybe to a white man who lives somewhat comfortably in a white suburb somewhere. they don't get involved in the city when black gangs are killing one another.

i would like to see these police go after the white collar criminals on wall street who have fucked every single one of us. but since those wall street guys are not burning things down, they are somehow not a threat to security or something...
    This is a crock of shit.

We have had multiple officers slain in two different provinces in two 'peaceful areas' in the last few months.

White people are capable of killing people just as black people are. And cops are at risk no matter where they work.

Gimmie... you're immersed in a shitstorm right now and you might not be able to see the forest through the trees, but c'mon man. Think of the amount of good police work that happens daily without ant fanfare or recognition... then compare it to the number of incidents such as the Brown incident (which might not be a good comparison given Wilson's ruling).
    Thirty, I think you or I living in B.C. and Alberta really have no idea what it's like for people living in these places.

The incidents of extreme gun violence here happen rarely. Some of these people live it daily. I don't think it's a fair comparison at all.

my post is a crock of shit? really? you have no fucking idea what is going on here.

you said "White people are capable of killing people just as black people are." which is exactly what happened in this case. unarmed black kid killed by white guy. happens all the time. i don't know what happens up near you, so i would not call any post of yours a crock of shit, because i don't know if you are being honest or not, so you get the benefit of the doubt from me.

my point still stands. these WHITE cops do not go into the bad areas, the projects, where the gangs are. st louis city police send the black cops to those areas, because yes, as cops, they are targets. but white cops in those areas are bigger targets.

so is it supposed to be worldwide news every time a cop pulls someone over and finds drugs in a car? is it supposed to be worldwide news when a cop catches a robbery suspect? are we supposed to hand out rewards for people simply doing their jobs? if a someone joined the cops for the recognition, it would be akin to a doctor becoming a doctor for the recognition. it just doesn't happen.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dignin said:

It`s the context and more and more the word is being subverted by a certain dynamic to mean a ``black male``

You guys are being naive to think otherwise.

correct.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

JC29856 said:

DW now getting secret service protection...his location will continually be monitored and publicised.

His life is in danger. He is actively being threatened by an entire race of people in not just the city he worked in, but from all over the country. (I know not every black person in the US is threatening him). I sure as hell would want security as well. And guess what, so would you.
    sorry dude, not just african americans have threatened him, so your "entire race" comment is incorrect, unless you were referring to "human race".

• Options
    rr165892 said:

Maybe these thugs should go home and see about getting a job or some other constructive activity to fill the obvious void in their shallow petty crime lives.

easy for you to say.

you don't know the economic status of ferguson and surrounding cities. you don't know if any employers are hiring there. you don't know the school district these kids came from. ferguson schools are shitholes. they have lost funding, class size is overcrowded. you don't know their social situation, their family situation, etc.

it is just so easy to sit back there at your desk and simply say "get a job", as if it is something anybody can do in that area in these times.

• Options
    rgambs said:

Regarding the thug argument... I'm sorry but when white college students rthey riot in Kentucky or Ohio, or elsewhere from sporting events THUG is not thrown around the same way. Were the pumpkin fest people described as thugs over and over?
    You guys ARE naive and when you overuse thug you put yourself in a class with people like Nugent and muskydan, who throwstereotypes around like it's funny.

exactly. white news anchors constantly call black perps "thugs". newspaper op ed pages call black perps thugs. people on this message board call specifically black perps thugs. i can not remember the last time i have seen someone on fox or msnbc refer to any white violent perps as thugs.

• Options
    know1 said:

These "demonstrators" really have no clue what a grand jury is or does. Either that, or this really has nothing to do with the incident in question.

A grand jury is comprised of citizens (not part of the government or police establishment) who are paid very very little to hear evidence and decide if there's enough of a case to send it to trial. They had to know that if they, after hearing the evidence, decided not to indict, there would be ramifications like this. Yet, they did so anyway. They could have decided to indict and let it play out in court and washed their hands of the whole thing. That tells me that there really just wasn't enough evidence against the officer.

How can you protest a grand jury's decision? It makes no sense.

in a grand jury witnesses can not be cross examined for inconsistencies. plus, the defendant is typically not allowed to present his defense or testify in a grand jury, as wilson was in this case. plus he was given softball questions. anybody read it???

• Options

dignin said:

A prominent legal expert eviscerates the Darren Wilson prosecution, in 8 tweets

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/11/25/7285265/darren-wilson-grand-jury

A cross examiners dream. Yea, anyone that can keep their cool under pressure could rationally answer those questions. (It's definitely a question weather Wilson could or not). But there were bruises on his head and face. Maybe the guy doesn't bruise easy. Who knows. But to say the lack of bruising doesn't indicate that he wasn't hit hard is not proof of anything.

One thing is for sure: there was bruising on his head and face, which proves he was assaulted.
    does not mean he was "hit full force" as his testimony states.

if a man the size of brown hit a smaller man full force, there would be swelling, bruising, potentially a fracture on his face. as someone who works with a hand surgeon, they need to look at brown's hand for a metacarpal fracture. normally, in a fist fight without gloves, metacarpals fracture before the facial bones with a "full force" punch. this is the only way to prove if brown really hit him as hard as wilson alleges.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

Would there have been rioting and looting, in celebration, had there been a murder indictment against the officer?

I believe so, yes.

i doubt it. i think there would have been a celebration because the community would feel like the system worked for them for once. the riots happened out of anger at yet again, a cop getting off without prospect of facing criminal charges.

• Options

dignin said:

I can't believe the amount of distain people have for the police. Yes, there are bad apples in the bunch. Just like there are crooked members of the military, and crooked lawyers, and crooked firefighters. But they are needed. Weather you like them or not, weather they like you or not, they will protect you with their life. The amount of disrespect they are facing these days is absolutely absurd. When somebody breaks into your home what's the first thing you do? Call for the police. You only hope they respond when you're the one in need. I'm not one that thinks respect is automatically given, it is earned. Most cops deserve your respect. They earn it everyday they go on shift patrolling the streets.

maybe to a white man who lives somewhat comfortably in a white suburb somewhere. they don't get involved in the city when black gangs are killing one another.

i would like to see these police go after the white collar criminals on wall street who have fucked every single one of us. but since those wall street guys are not burning things down, they are somehow not a threat to security or something...
    This is a crock of shit.

We have had multiple officers slain in two different provinces in two 'peaceful areas' in the last few months.

White people are capable of killing people just as black people are. And cops are at risk no matter where they work.

Gimmie... you're immersed in a shitstorm right now and you might not be able to see the forest through the trees, but c'mon man. Think of the amount of good police work that happens daily without ant fanfare or recognition... then compare it to the number of incidents such as the Brown incident (which might not be a good comparison given Wilson's ruling).
    Thirty, I think you or I living in B.C. and Alberta really have no idea what it's like for people living in these places.

The incidents of extreme gun violence here happen rarely. Some of these people live it daily. I don't think it's a fair comparison at all.

my post is a crock of shit? really? you have no fucking idea what is going on here.

you said "White people are capable of killing people just as black people are." which is exactly what happened in this case. unarmed black kid killed by white guy. happens all the time. i don't know what happens up near you, so i would not call any post of yours a crock of shit, because i don't know if you are being honest or not, so you get the benefit of the doubt from me.

my point still stands. these WHITE cops do not go into the bad areas, the projects, where the gangs are. st louis city police send the black cops to those areas, because yes, as cops, they are targets. but white cops in those areas are bigger targets.

so is it supposed to be worldwide news every time a cop pulls someone over and finds drugs in a car? is it supposed to be worldwide news when a cop catches a robbery suspect? are we supposed to hand out rewards for people simply doing their jobs? if a someone joined the cops for the recognition, it would be akin to a doctor becoming a doctor for the recognition. it just doesn't happen.
    I just re-read the post that I took exception to and I'm sorry to report that I read it wrong. If you'd allow me to explain what I thought I heard from you... please read:

The initial post spoke to the level of respect officers deserve while performing their duties. You had responded to it saying they don't get involved in the city when black gangs are killing one another. I honestly took this to mean that unless cops aren't risking their lives in 'rougher areas' they didn't warrant the respect the initial poster suggested they deserved.

I had responded that line of thinking was a 'crock of shit' and referred to the officers up here that were recently killed in placid areas. I was trying to point out that police work is dangerous no matter where you are and the job has inherent risks that we should all acknowledge and respect.

I now know (after reading this response and re-reading your first post) that what I interpreted was not what you intended to say... which was that white cops do not enter the projects because of the attention they bring to themselves and related risks as such.

So... sorry man. I was not trying to aggravate you any more than what you likely are looking through your windows. I hope you can understand and appreciate what I was trying to say given what I thought I read.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

dignin said:

A cross examiners dream. Yea, anyone that can keep their cool under pressure could rationally answer those questions. (It's definitely a question weather Wilson could or not). But there were bruises on his head and face. Maybe the guy doesn't bruise easy. Who knows. But to say the lack of bruising doesn't indicate that he wasn't hit hard is not proof of anything.

One thing is for sure: there was bruising on his head and face, which proves he was assaulted.

if a man the size of brown hit a smaller man full force, there would be swelling, bruising, potentially a fracture on his face. as someone who works with a hand surgeon, they need to look at brown's hand for a metacarpal fracture. normally, in a fist fight without gloves, metacarpals fracture before the facial bones with a "full force" punch. this is the only way to prove if brown really hit him as hard as wilson alleges.
    If you were hit by a man Brown's size, I'd bet you thought you had been hit with full force. You don't have to break bones in your hand to hit somebody hard. Like I said earlier, how can anyone decide that Wilson didn't reasonably think his life was in danger? What matters is that he did. At in the end, the grand jury did. The bruises on his face weren't just a couple of scrapes. In comparison, they were more severe than George Zimmermans injuries. Wilson testified that he was hit with full force. Ok. Prove he wasn't. Because Brown didn't ha e a broken hand?
    The bruises on Wilson's face are significant marks. If anyone hit you hard enough to leave that kind of bruise on your cheek, you're going to tell me you wouldn't be fearing for your life?
    I know we all want to think we are tough guys and we could handle it.

• Options

dignin said:

This is a crock of shit.

I just re-read the post that I took exception to and I'm sorry to report that I read it wrong. If you'd allow me to explain what I thought I heard from you... please read:

The initial post spoke to the level of respect officers deserve while performing their duties. You had responded to it saying they don't get involved in the city when black gangs are killing one another. I honestly took this to mean that unless cops aren't risking their lives in 'rougher areas' they didn't warrant the respect the initial poster suggested they deserved.

I had responded that line of thinking was a 'crock of shit' and referred to the officers up here that were recently killed in placid areas. I was trying to point out that police work is dangerous no matter where you are and the job has inherent risks that we should all acknowledge and respect.

I now know (after reading this response and re-reading your first post) that what I interpreted was not what you intended to say... which was that white cops do not enter the projects because of the attention they bring to themselves and related risks as such.

So... sorry man. I was not trying to aggravate you any more than what you likely are looking through your windows. I hope you can understand and appreciate what I was trying to say given what I thought I read.
    thank you for clarifying. i re-read that post and then re-read yours before pressing the post button because i wanted to make sure you were saying what i thought your post was saying. it makes more sense now, so thank you for clarifying.

it is a really crazy time right now. i got to work at the hospital at 5:45 this morning to be greeted by 2 national guard hummers and a couple of national guardsmen asking me what i was doing there. i said i work here, and they demanded to see my nametag/badge. it was freezing this morning so i was bundled up with my badge under my coat. it was insulting. i work at a hospital, i should not have to be interrogated by security to do my job. last night, in a separate incident, 2 fbi agents were shot during a standoff with police. plus a cop got shot near ferguson. these national guardsmen were working security because those patients were brought to the hospital where i work.

later today about 2 blocks from my work, there was a peaceful protest in the central west end. there was a picture posted on twitter from a protester talking about an exchange with a cop. it was an african american lady who went up to a white cop and she said "why do you hate me? why do you hate my people?" and the cop said "i don't hate you ma'm, and i want to give you a hug." the hug was caught on camera and posted. it is the one bit of nice news the last 3 days. so not all of the protests are violent.

i am sorry for lashing out at you. it is just really hard to keep calm when the national media is making a mockery of my city, and people on here who have never so much as visited here are making these claims as if they know everything about what has happened the last 3 nights.

• Options

JC29856 said:

DW now getting secret service protection...his location will continually be monitored and publicised.

His life is in danger. He is actively being threatened by an entire race of people in not just the city he worked in, but from all over the country. (I know not every black person in the US is threatening him). I sure as hell would want security as well. And guess what, so would you.
    sorry dude, not just african americans have threatened him, so your "entire race" comment is incorrect, unless you were referring to "human race".
    I was going to respond to this, but it doesn't matter. The man's life is being threatened. It doesn't matter who is doing it. The point is that I would want body guards to help protect me as well if I was recieving the threats Wilson was.
  • Options

dignin said:

If you were hit by a man Brown's size, I'd bet you thought you had been hit with full force. You don't have to break bones in your hand to hit somebody hard. Like I said earlier, how can anyone decide that Wilson didn't reasonably think his life was in danger? What matters is that he did. At in the end, the grand jury did. The bruises on his face weren't just a couple of scrapes. In comparison, they were more severe than George Zimmermans injuries. Wilson testified that he was hit with full force. Ok. Prove he wasn't. Because Brown didn't ha e a broken hand?
    The bruises on Wilson's face are significant marks. If anyone hit you hard enough to leave that kind of bruise on your cheek, you're going to tell me you wouldn't be fearing for your life?
    I know we all want to think we are tough guys and we could handle it.

that is completely unimpressive.
    did you read the hospital notes? he was in no distress. was lucid, was ok aside from the brusies.

have you ever been in a fight and been punched in the face?

• Options

JC29856 said:

I was going to respond to this, but it doesn't matter. The man's life is being threatened. It doesn't matter who is doing it. The point is that I would want body guards to help protect me as well if I was recieving the threats Wilson was.
    if he wants security he can pay for it himself. he is a free man, right?

• Options
    How much time passed after the incident before be went to get checked out? Enough time for the adrenaline rush to be over? Why wouldn't he be lucid? He was punched in the face, not hit in the head with a bat. The fact that he wasn't crying in the ER means he wasn't fearful at the time of the fight?

It's been about 20 years since I've been in a fight, but yes, I've been hit in the face.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

if he wants security he can pay for it himself. he is a free man, right?
    I don't disagree. My guess is the PD is paying that tab now. He's still a member of the department. I would think that once be resigns, that detail will end.
  • Options

dignin said:

This is a crock of shit.

thank you for clarifying. i re-read that post and then re-read yours before pressing the post button because i wanted to make sure you were saying what i thought your post was saying. it makes more sense now, so thank you for clarifying.

it is a really crazy time right now. i got to work at the hospital at 5:45 this morning to be greeted by 2 national guard hummers and a couple of national guardsmen asking me what i was doing there. i said i work here, and they demanded to see my nametag/badge. it was freezing this morning so i was bundled up with my badge under my coat. it was insulting. i work at a hospital, i should not have to be interrogated by security to do my job. last night, in a separate incident, 2 fbi agents were shot during a standoff with police. plus a cop got shot near ferguson. these national guardsmen were working security because those patients were brought to the hospital where i work.

later today about 2 blocks from my work, there was a peaceful protest in the central west end. there was a picture posted on twitter from a protester talking about an exchange with a cop. it was an african american lady who went up to a white cop and she said "why do you hate me? why do you hate my people?" and the cop said "i don't hate you ma'm, and i want to give you a hug." the hug was caught on camera and posted. it is the one bit of nice news the last 3 days. so not all of the protests are violent.

i am sorry for lashing out at you. it is just really hard to keep calm when the national media is making a mockery of my city, and people on here who have never so much as visited here are making these claims as if they know everything about what has happened the last 3 nights.
    All is good between us.

Just like everyone else... I wish you didn't have to live your current reality as it is right now. Time will help. Stay safe.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,676

dignin said:

This is a crock of shit.

You just said that a white cop is a target in those areas. A bigger target than a black cop. And the white cop is the racist?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2014
    Hilarious...champagne breakfast for everyone! You're all deserving!
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/25/jeff-roorda-darren-wilsons-friend-trying-time-him-/

I posted this way back....
    Jeff Roorda......who is he

In 2001, Jeff Roorda was fired as a police officer in the St. Louis suburb of Arnold, Missouri, for falsifying reports in 1997 and again in 2001.

Roorda lost an appeal of his termination in the Missouri Court of Appeals in 2004 when it was deemed that he did indeed falsify reports.

In spite of being fired for police misconduct in 2001, Roorda was hired as chief of police in neighboring Kimmswick, Missouri, the following year.

Two years later, in 2004, Roorda ran for and won a seat in the Missouri state House of Representatives, where he soon was placed on the statewide Public Safety Committee.

In 2005, Roorda wrote House Bill 396, which would allow police officers to—and this is an exact quote from his bill—"collect hazardous samples without court approval, document and then destroy them, and make them admissible." While it didn't pass, it is a shocking peek into the mind of Roorda 10 years ago.

In 2012, Nixon campaigned for Roorda.

In 2013, police assaulted a teenager in handcuffs, but were found not-guilty—with the support of Roorda, working in a new capacity as an executive with the St. Louis police union.

Here's the awful video and outrageous comments made by Roorda.
    In March 2014, in reference to the support of Nixon, Roorda said, "I’ve enjoyed support from Governor Nixon every time I’ve run. That support has been very important to my success."

In early 2014, Roorda wrote and sponsored House Bill 1466, which would change the Missouri sunshine laws requiring open records on police-involved incidents. Roorda's bill would seal all records involving any/every police action and prohibit police departments from releasing the names of officers involved in shootings.

Filed exactly one week after the murder of Brown, Roorda is listed as vice president of the charity behind the Darren Wilson fundraiser.

In spite of Roorda supporting the Wilson fundraisers during a tumultuous time for the state and a new spotlight on Roorda's troubled past, Nixon, in September 2014 campaigned again for Roorda.

Also in September 2014, Roorda continued to speak out against the use of dash cameras and body cameras worn by police officers.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/22/1338366/-How-can-Gov-Nixon-call-for-peace-in-Ferguson-when-Jeff-Roorda-is-his-closest-ally