Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    So where will officer Wilson Patrol from now on .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • So where will officer Wilson Patrol from now on .....

That dude is unhireable (is that a word?) At least for the next 5-8 years, he won't patrol anywhere.
  • Brown supporters are now just grasping at straws. The eyewitness accounts were unreliable. Many of their stories changed throughout the process. Surprisingly, the credible witnesses were corroborating Wilson's story of events. Again, I'll ask why should Wilson be indicted and charged with murder? Michael Brown assaulted Wilson and tried to take his gun. Wilson's response to that was lawful and consistent with his training. The evidence proves that. Please explain why he is a murderer. Because since the facts have been released, all I'm hearing is how the system is flawed. Sorry, but that's not enough to convince me why he should be charged with anything.

Whatever happened to shooting the guy in the foot? Or leg? I'd like to know why police now go for the heart.
    I'm not sure that ever been SOP for LE. You don't shoot to injure or give warning shots. In the beat of the moment, when you fear your life is in imminent danger, you shoot to kill.
    That officer was hardly defending his life with those very minor face bruises. Aim to kill. That's all that cops are good for. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'm hopeful we get through this night peacefully.
  • JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

Did Anonymous ever post the supposed connections between Wilson and the KKK?

No, they backed off because the information was too specific and the source(s) feared that the Klan would narrow down to who was the informant. They say they do have other links but need to protect there sources, it will take them 2 weeks to figure out how best to reveal ties. The information links both newlyweds to kkk.
    local radio was saying wilson wrote a thank you letter that allegedly thanks people with klan ties. i have not researched it myself since i just got home from work. just stating what local radio said.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Brown supporters are now just grasping at straws. The eyewitness accounts were unreliable. Many of their stories changed throughout the process. Surprisingly, the credible witnesses were corroborating Wilson's story of events. Again, I'll ask why should Wilson be indicted and charged with murder? Michael Brown assaulted Wilson and tried to take his gun. Wilson's response to that was lawful and consistent with his training. The evidence proves that. Please explain why he is a murderer. Because since the facts have been released, all I'm hearing is how the system is flawed. Sorry, but that's not enough to convince me why he should be charged with anything.

Whatever happened to shooting the guy in the foot? Or leg? I'd like to know why police now go for the heart.
    I'm not sure that ever been SOP for LE. You don't shoot to injure or give warning shots. In the beat of the moment, when you fear your life is in imminent danger, you shoot to kill.
    That officer was hardly defending his life with those very minor face bruises. Aim to kill. That's all that cops are good for. Thanks for clarifying.
    Those very minor face bruises were only to the point in time where lethal force was taken- Brown wasn't finished yet.

Those little bitty wussy wounds could have become much worse and I guess that's what you are implying here? That a cop should have his ass really thoroughly kicked before defending himself from a threat?

Gotcha!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • So where will officer Wilson Patrol from now on .....

state of missouri could possibly yank his license, so he could never work in missouri again. apparently missouri does not fuck around when it comes to yanking police licenses. apparently they are quite liberal about it.

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

No, they backed off because the information was too specific and the source(s) feared that the Klan would narrow down to who was the informant. They say they do have other links but need to protect there sources, it will take them 2 weeks to figure out how best to reveal ties. The information links both newlyweds to kkk.
    local radio was saying wilson wrote a thank you letter that allegedly thanks people with klan ties. i have not researched it myself since i just got home from work. just stating what local radio said.
    That's dangerous for a local radio station to state such an unverified rumor. Especially with emotions are so high. What are they thinking?
  • Jason P said:

I'm hopeful we get through this night peacefully.

doubtful.

people here are fucking angry, man. everybody is on edge. everyone is divided. families are divided over this.

we had 2 national guard hummers at the entrance of Children's hospital this evening when i left.

• Jason P said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

That's dangerous for a local radio station to state such an unverified rumor. Especially with emotions are so high. What are they thinking?
    exactly what i was thinking.

i am telling you, shit is messed up here. people are losing their minds. people are reporting things without really investigating. for all we know it could be bullshit.

Those very minor face bruises were only to the point in time where lethal force was taken- Brown wasn't finished yet.

Those little bitty wussy wounds could have become much worse and I guess that's what you are implying here? That a cop should have his ass really thoroughly kicked before defending himself from a threat?

Gotcha!
    If you read my posts on the prior page, my point is that police are inhumane if they are aiming for the heart rather than any other body part. They're aiming to kill, not capture a criminal alive.

And speaking of which, psychometric testing reveals cops are just one measurement different than hardened criminals...some are no different. It is no coincidence that the majority of serial killers have at some point tried to join either the military or the police force. This is an actual fact. Same psychology.
  • It's pretty easy for people say Wilson wasn't fearing for his life. After all, you weren't the ones being punched in the face by a 6'4" 300lb man.

Gotcha!
    If you read my posts on the prior page, my point is that police are inhumane if they are aiming for the heart rather than any other body part. They're aiming to kill, not capture a criminal alive.

And speaking of which, psychometric testing reveals cops are just one measurement different than hardened criminals...some are no different. It is no coincidence that the majority of serial killers have at some point tried to join either the military or the police force. This is an actual fact. Same psychology.
    i wonder if this applies to neighborhood watch people as well.... i know it applied to george zimmerman...

Gotcha!

It sounds as if you don't give a shit... but some, such as their wives and children, would say they are working safely. Many cops have died in the line of duty not escalating their response to the intensity the situation demanded from them. What would you say to these fallen police officers? Good job restraining yourself from shooting the guy that ended up killing you!

Have you stopped to think that they wouldn't have to fire their guns at people if the people they are firing at weren't attacking them? Do the criminals they deal with share any responsibility for these situations going badly?

Who attacks a police officer thinking that is going to go well?

"My brain's a good brain!"
    I watched RoboCop on Sunday.

Watching the Ferguson drama plays out is like a scene in RoboCop.

Would you buy that for a dollar?

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Brown supporters are now just grasping at straws. The eyewitness accounts were unreliable. Many of their stories changed throughout the process. Surprisingly, the credible witnesses were corroborating Wilson's story of events. Again, I'll ask why should Wilson be indicted and charged with murder? Michael Brown assaulted Wilson and tried to take his gun. Wilson's response to that was lawful and consistent with his training. The evidence proves that. Please explain why he is a murderer. Because since the facts have been released, all I'm hearing is how the system is flawed. Sorry, but that's not enough to convince me why he should be charged with anything.

I bet when you need one in an emergency they will be there and risk their lives and limbs for you without hesitation.Way to have their back.
  • I can't believe the amount of distain people have for the police. Yes, there are bad apples in the bunch. Just like there are crooked members of the military, and crooked lawyers, and crooked firefighters. But they are needed. Weather you like them or not, weather they like you or not, they will protect you with their life. The amount of disrespect they are facing these days is absolutely absurd. When somebody breaks into your home what's the first thing you do? Call for the police. You only hope they respond when you're the one in need. I'm not one that thinks respect is automatically given, it is earned. Most cops deserve your respect. They earn it everyday they go on shift patrolling the streets.

I can't believe the amount of distain people have for the police. Yes, there are bad apples in the bunch. Just like there are crooked members of the military, and crooked lawyers, and crooked firefighters. But they are needed. Weather you like them or not, weather they like you or not, they will protect you with their life. The amount of disrespect they are facing these days is absolutely absurd. When somebody breaks into your home what's the first thing you do? Call for the police. You only hope they respond when you're the one in need. I'm not one that thinks respect is automatically given, it is earned. Most cops deserve your respect. They earn it everyday they go on shift patrolling the streets.

Amen,A fucking men.This shit is ridiculous.
  • I can't believe the amount of distain people have for the police. Yes, there are bad apples in the bunch. Just like there are crooked members of the military, and crooked lawyers, and crooked firefighters. But they are needed. Weather you like them or not, weather they like you or not, they will protect you with their life. The amount of disrespect they are facing these days is absolutely absurd. When somebody breaks into your home what's the first thing you do? Call for the police. You only hope they respond when you're the one in need. I'm not one that thinks respect is automatically given, it is earned. Most cops deserve your respect. They earn it everyday they go on shift patrolling the streets.

maybe to a white man who lives somewhat comfortably in a white suburb somewhere. they don't get involved in the city when black gangs are killing one another.

i would like to see these police go after the white collar criminals on wall street who have fucked every single one of us. but since those wall street guys are not burning things down, they are somehow not a threat to security or something...

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited November 2014

Brown supporters are now just grasping at straws. The eyewitness accounts were unreliable. Many of their stories changed throughout the process. Surprisingly, the credible witnesses were corroborating Wilson's story of events. Again, I'll ask why should Wilson be indicted and charged with murder? Michael Brown assaulted Wilson and tried to take his gun. Wilson's response to that was lawful and consistent with his training. The evidence proves that. Please explain why he is a murderer. Because since the facts have been released, all I'm hearing is how the system is flawed. Sorry, but that's not enough to convince me why he should be charged with anything.

Gotcha!

It sounds as if you don't give a shit... but some, such as their wives and children, would say they are working safely. Many cops have died in the line of duty not escalating their response to the intensity the situation demanded from them. What would you say to these fallen police officers? Good job restraining yourself from shooting the guy that ended up killing you!

Have you stopped to think that they wouldn't have to fire their guns at people if the people they are firing at weren't attacking them? Do the criminals they deal with share any responsibility for these situations going badly?

Agree.

The guy basically said cops are sociopaths so I don't think anything you say will change his mind. People must think differently. I think it depends on how you feel about personal responsibility. When I read that a person robbed a store, walked down the middle of the street, threw a punch at an officer, and then was shot by the cop I think that makes sense and then click to the next story.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Bunch of white/oriental kids with NYU sweatshirts protesting in NYC.Im pretty sure they have no idea what they think they are protesting.It must just be for the thrill,like the idiots who occupied Wall Street.

Gotcha!

Agree.

The guy basically said cops are sociopaths so I don't think anything you say will change his mind. People must think differently. I think it depends on how you feel about personal responsibility. When I read that a person robbed a store, walked down the middle of the street, threw a punch at an officer, and then was shot by the cop I think that makes sense and then click to the next story.
    except that the story about the victim being a party of a strong arm robbery did not come out for days after the attack, and that part of the story had nothing to do with the outcome.

I can't believe the amount of distain people have for the police. Yes, there are bad apples in the bunch. Just like there are crooked members of the military, and crooked lawyers, and crooked firefighters. But they are needed. Weather you like them or not, weather they like you or not, they will protect you with their life. The amount of disrespect they are facing these days is absolutely absurd. When somebody breaks into your home what's the first thing you do? Call for the police. You only hope they respond when you're the one in need. I'm not one that thinks respect is automatically given, it is earned. Most cops deserve your respect. They earn it everyday they go on shift patrolling the streets.

maybe to a white man who lives somewhat comfortably in a white suburb somewhere. they don't get involved in the city when black gangs are killing one another.

i would like to see these police go after the white collar criminals on wall street who have fucked every single one of us. but since those wall street guys are not burning things down, they are somehow not a threat to security or something...
    Not true Gimme,All my cop buddies have some rough areas to work.Ironically a black friend who took a cushy cop job on a small force in a wealthy white beachfront area has been involved in 2 massive shoot outs in the last year.So the job isn't safe regardless.

Gotcha!

Agree.

except that the story about the victim being a party of a strong arm robbery did not come out for days after the attack, and that part of the story had nothing to do with the outcome.
    The robbery did play a part in the outcome. Wilson drove off and within seconds got the description of the suspect who robbed the store. That's why he backed up to them again.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited November 2014

Gotcha!

Agree.

So this was all just a crazy coincidence? That all too common case of convenience store robber turned honorable citizen killed by police.

The fact pattern remains in my original comment. The conclusion is not unexpected for the behaviors of Brown. Cause and effect. Brown doesn't rob convenience store, walks down the sidewalk, and doesn't assault a cop he would be having thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Do you see any possible flaws to this as SOP???
    Watch this Before you answer!
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vtx1tYc7PxI
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • I didn't say that shoot to kill applies to every situation. Based on what I've read in this case, it did.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I didn't say that shoot to kill applies to every situation. Based on what I've read in this case, it did.

If it is SOP it applies to all situations in which the police consider it necessary. We need to expect more from our police! And compensate them MUCH better.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    rr165892 said:

Bunch of white/oriental kids with NYU sweatshirts protesting in NYC.Im pretty sure they have no idea what they think they are protesting.It must just be for the thrill,like the idiots who occupied Wall Street.

Really dude

So where will officer Wilson Patrol from now on .....

state of missouri could possibly yank his license, so he could never work in missouri again. apparently missouri does not fuck around when it comes to yanking police licenses. apparently they are quite liberal about it.
    Stay safe man ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    It's inter
    rr165892 said:

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Showing your grey hair here rr