Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    mickeyrat said:

JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

Wilson and Brown are about the same height and weight 215 vs 290, Wilson is aiming a gun at Brown
    Wilson says......."I keep back peddling because I know that if he reaches me he will kill me"

Well, Brown outweighed Wilson, and Wilson had already taken a beating from Brown when the jackass leaned into the car and started punching him. So Wilson already experienced Brown's strength and aggression. Why wouldn't he be scared? Besides, you yourself said "Wilson does look like a total wuss." Brown probably thought so, too.
    but im smart enough to know not to mess with a weasel with a gun, their more inclined to shoot! only wusses need guns, i prefer hand to hand combat, i hunt with a bow, like a real man.
    real man hunts with his hands.

Bullshit,a real man is smart enough to have his minions hunt for him.Its cleaner that way.lol
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mickeyrat said:

JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

Wilson and Brown are about the same height and weight 215 vs 290, Wilson is aiming a gun at Brown
    Wilson says......."I keep back peddling because I know that if he reaches me he will kill me"

Well, Brown outweighed Wilson, and Wilson had already taken a beating from Brown when the jackass leaned into the car and started punching him. So Wilson already experienced Brown's strength and aggression. Why wouldn't he be scared? Besides, you yourself said "Wilson does look like a total wuss." Brown probably thought so, too.
    but im smart enough to know not to mess with a weasel with a gun, their more inclined to shoot! only wusses need guns, i prefer hand to hand combat, i hunt with a bow, like a real man.

i tie my own flys? does that count
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,378
    Perhaps its now time for LE to move past or revise this shoot to kill policy that seems so prevelant these days. I understand things happen quickly , but when one for sure has not only the means to kill , but seemingly the green light with no checks on that , well.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    commentary not based on factual evidence

the "police" were supposed to protect the community, they did a "poor" job at that, we can all agree. now once the poor buildings were burned they will take heavy handed action and squash protestor rights. i think there are 2200 national guard on hand to help stop looting and arsen!
  • Options
    I actually have a friend on FB commenting that he's done with the race card, we should caring about others regardless of color (agreed) and that too many blame race for problems. Then he goes on to say that we should believe in our legal system and whatever they handed down in Ferguson is the real deal, that's it, end of story. And that the legal system is legit.

I simply couldn't believe it.

I told him that police are no longer viewed as protectors, but feared by me and many others due to power trips and being too trigger happy. To have such faith in our system and the police force here is having one's head in the sand.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    cops have a tough job. I was a fireman for 25 years in the "bad part" (west side and downtown) of of Las Vegas. shit gets old.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,162
    mickeyrat said:

Perhaps its now time for LE to move past or revise this shoot to kill policy that seems so prevelant these days. I understand things happen quickly , but when one for sure has not only the means to kill , but seemingly the green light with no checks on that , well.......

We need to get back to cops travelling in pairs too. Both to protect the police and society.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

We need to get back to cops travelling in pairs too. Both to protect the police and society.

Good idea. Unless they're both bad cops…
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    does anyone know, was wilson equipped with a taser?
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

agree, with body cameras, mics so this shit can shift again to something more benign.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    mickeyrat said:

I hunted down a Hot Pocket last night.
    :ar!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    Yep....here in utah, we have Danielle Willard, Damien Harris and Dillon Taylor. Still, I will say that cops have a tough job. I don't think many of them start a shift thinking "I want to kill some motherfucker today"

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Brown supporters are now just grasping at straws. The eyewitness accounts were unreliable. Many of their stories changed throughout the process. Surprisingly, the credible witnesses were corroborating Wilson's story of events. Again, I'll ask why should Wilson be indicted and charged with murder? Michael Brown assaulted Wilson and tried to take his gun. Wilson's response to that was lawful and consistent with his training. The evidence proves that. Please explain why he is a murderer. Because since the facts have been released, all I'm hearing is how the system is flawed. Sorry, but that's not enough to convince me why he should be charged with anything.

Whatever happened to shooting the guy in the foot? Or leg? I'd like to know why police now go for the heart.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

Heck of a beating he took.

http://time.com/3605051/darren-wilson-photos-injuries/

I mean the horror of those injuries. How could one man deal with that?!?!?
  • Options

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

Some graphic pics there, for sure. He's a mess. Uh-huh.
  • Options
    imalive said:

Yep....here in utah, we have Danielle Willard, Damien Harris and Dillon Taylor. Still, I will say that cops have a tough job. I don't think many of them start a shift thinking "I want to kill some motherfucker today"

Yet they do run on power trips. Lots of them, anyway. And why don't they defend themselves by shooting in the foot or leg? Going right for the jugular is a not the humane thing to do.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 said:

mickeyrat said:

JC29856 said:

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

i tie my own flys? does that count
    So we do have something in common other that Pearl jam.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Brown supporters are now just grasping at straws. The eyewitness accounts were unreliable. Many of their stories changed throughout the process. Surprisingly, the credible witnesses were corroborating Wilson's story of events. Again, I'll ask why should Wilson be indicted and charged with murder? Michael Brown assaulted Wilson and tried to take his gun. Wilson's response to that was lawful and consistent with his training. The evidence proves that. Please explain why he is a murderer. Because since the facts have been released, all I'm hearing is how the system is flawed. Sorry, but that's not enough to convince me why he should be charged with anything.

Whatever happened to shooting the guy in the foot? Or leg? I'd like to know why police now go for the heart.
    When didn't they? I've never heard of self-defense or law enforcement firearms training where shooting a foot is taught. You always go for center mass. It is the largest target, and has the best chance at actually stopping the aggressor. Shooting someones arm, hand, trigger finger, or shooting at a foot are low-probability shots. It is already tough for shooters to hit their targets based on adrenaline and stress. Adding trick shots into the mix is crazy. More potential for missed shots (and cops already have a high percentage of missed shots), more potential for stray bullets hitting innocents.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    I don't think they're trained to shoot in the leg or foot. until they aren't moving, they are a threat. which is why they still handcuff a living person they just shot if he's moving around.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

At what point does Michael Brown commit felony assault on Wilson? How many punches? What force is required to meet your standard? Is there a certain color of bruising that needs to occur? How long do we wait for that bruising to show? Does blood need to flow?

Replace my "taken a beating from" with "been assaulted by" if it makes you fee better.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997
    Did Anonymous ever post the supposed connections between Wilson and the KKK?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

When didn't they? I've never heard of self-defense or law enforcement firearms training where shooting a foot is taught. You always go for center mass. It is the largest target, and has the best chance at actually stopping the aggressor. Shooting someones arm, hand, trigger finger, or shooting at a foot are low-probability shots. It is already tough for shooters to hit their targets based on adrenaline and stress. Adding trick shots into the mix is crazy. More potential for missed shots (and cops already have a high percentage of missed shots), more potential for stray bullets hitting innocents.

You might as well just say, they aim for the heart, aim to kill then. Which makes the police look even more inhumane. Shooting to stop someone is one thing, shooting to kill, i.e. aiming for the center mass, is quite another.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    ill check back tomrw for the blood evidence that was so highly touted earlier as proof that brown charged wilson. also still havent heard is casing travel up to say 30 feet?
    norm said:

does anyone know, was wilson equipped with a taser?

He said in his testimony that he prefers not to carry a taser because they are too big and bulky not much room on his belt.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JimmyV said:

No, they backed off because the information was too specific and the source(s) feared that the Klan would narrow down to who was the informant. They say they do have other links but need to protect there sources, it will take them 2 weeks to figure out how best to reveal ties. The information links both newlyweds to kkk.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    The klan is Soooo non relevant in today's society.Why would anyone be threatened.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

No, they backed off because the information was too specific and the source(s) feared that the Klan would narrow down to who was the informant. They say they do have other links but need to protect there sources, it will take them 2 weeks to figure out how best to reveal ties. The information links both newlyweds to kkk.
    Pretty damning charge to toss out there and then not substantiate. Anonymous has informants? I thought they were hacking the Klan and that was how they came by the information.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I'm not sure that ever been SOP for LE. You don't shoot to injure or give warning shots. In the beat of the moment, when you fear your life is in imminent danger, you shoot to kill.