Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996

JimmyV said:

I don't know what happened in Ferguson that day and I'm not going to pretend to. Maybe Wilson had other options, maybe he didn't. But the lack of wounds to Brown's back and the trail of his blood - which indicates he did turn around head back towards Wilson - disproves much of what we heard about in this case. If I was presented with that hard evidence it would carry more weight than a slew of contradictory and changing eyewitness accounts. It doesn't seem like the grand jury got this wrong based on the evidence they were presented.

I keep hearing this line of thinking and I don't understand it.

The lack of wounds to Brown's back really means nothing....it doesn't mean that the cop wasn't shooting AT him it just means he didn't connect any shots while his back was turned...right?

Heading back toward Wilson wasn't really disputed....three eyewitnesses said that he turned and surrendered after multiple shots were directed at him. To me it is more likely that he was surrendering rather than "charging" someone who had a gun but I wasn't on the jury obviously.

But we heard over and over again that Wilson shot him in the back. There were even some insinuations that Wilson shot him while he was lying on the ground, execution style. None of that happened.

We can try to interpret the forensic evidence and a case can be made for what you are saying. I don't read it that way though. Moving back towards someone who is shooting at you is a strange way to surrender. Stop and put your hands up. Don't move at all. Moving back towards the cop is very strange.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2014
    lets take a show of hands, who is posting actual testimony (my hand goes up in the air) and who is posting nonsense without evidence?
    if you're going to make a statement that blood was 25 feet behind brown then post the evidence. im not saying there isnt evidence im saying post it. if its too hard to post the evidence then post your stuff and nonsense in the idiot thread.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Jessie Jackson is an idiot.Part of the problem instead of the solution.He has excuses for the looting.smfh
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143

JC, it's over. The facts are the facts. Brown was the aggressor the entire time. Why is it hard to believe that he charged at Wilson? Not only is that exactly what Wilson's testimony is, but the physical evidence corroborates his story. That's exactly what happened. Why continue to argue?

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

I don't know what happened in Ferguson that day and I'm not going to pretend to. Maybe Wilson had other options, maybe he didn't. But the lack of wounds to Brown's back and the trail of his blood - which indicates he did turn around head back towards Wilson - disproves much of what we heard about in this case. If I was presented with that hard evidence it would carry more weight than a slew of contradictory and changing eyewitness accounts. It doesn't seem like the grand jury got this wrong based on the evidence they were presented.

The lack of wounds to Brown's back really means nothing....it doesn't mean that the cop wasn't shooting AT him it just means he didn't connect any shots while his back was turned...right?

Heading back toward Wilson wasn't really disputed....three eyewitnesses said that he turned and surrendered after multiple shots were directed at him. To me it is more likely that he was surrendering rather than "charging" someone who had a gun but I wasn't on the jury obviously.

But we heard over and over again that Wilson shot him in the back. There were even some insinuations that Wilson shot him while he was lying on the ground, execution style. None of that happened.

We can try to interpret the forensic evidence and a case can be made for what you are saying. I don't read it that way though. Moving back towards someone who is shooting at you is a strange way to surrender. Stop and put your hands up. Don't move at all. Moving back towards the cop is very strange.

Right....that he was shot in the back was bad info and that his back had no wounds does not reflect that shots were not being fired while he was running away.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Let's keep in mind that the grand jury required NINE members to support indictment. Maybe there was eight out of twelve? We'll never know.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

JC, it's over. The facts are the facts. Brown was the aggressor the entire time. Why is it hard to believe that he charged at Wilson? Not only is that exactly what Wilson's testimony is, but the physical evidence corroborates his story. That's exactly what happened. Why continue to argue?

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Right....that he was shot in the back was bad info and that his back had no wounds does not reflect that shots were not being fired while he was running away.
    Can you prove he was shot at while running away? Because there is proof that he wasn't shot in the back.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Jessie Jackson is an idiot.Part of the problem instead of the solution.He has excuses for the looting.smfh

100% agree.
  • Options

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Can you prove he was shot at while running away? Because there is proof that he wasn't shot in the back.
    Eyewitness reports.

My point is that no wounds doesn't mean it didn't happen. That was the point I was making in the other post. I'm pretty sure Wilson's testimony indicates he was shooting at him while he was running away doesn't it? No reason to argue over this actually....

• Options
    lets take a show of hands, who is posting actual testimony (my hand goes up in the air) and who is posting nonsense without evidence?
    if you're going to make a statement that blood was 25 feet behind brown then post the evidence. im not saying there isnt evidence im saying post it. if its too hard to post the evidence then post your stuff and nonsense in the idiot thread.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Eyewitness reports.

My point is that no wounds doesn't mean it didn't happen. That was the point I was making in the other post. I'm pretty sure Wilson's testimony indicates he was shooting at him while he was running away doesn't it? No reason to argue over this actually....
    No wounds in his back does prove that he wasn't shot in the back.

Were shots fired as he ran away? I don't know, but he had just been involved in a physical altercation with a police officer. That the cop pursued and used his firearm during the chase doesn't seem crazy.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Eyewitness reports.

Were shots fired as he ran away? I don't know, but he had just been involved in a physical altercation with a police officer. That the cop pursued and used his firearm during the chase doesn't seem crazy.

Holy crap man....no shots in the back doesn't prove that shots weren't fired while he was running away or had his back turned ok? It just means the shots didn't connect.

• Options
    Let's not forget that Wilson was punched in the face by this guy. Unprovoked. He told Brown and his friend to move to the sidewalk and brown punched him in the face. Then he tried to grab Wilson's gun.

That alone is enough to get somebody shot. That is a police officer. You don't fucking do that to the people that are there to protect you. Now all of the Brown supporters are going to try and find any small inconsistencies in Wilson's story. Good luck, you won't find any. The facts are the facts. Wilson acted within his rights as a cop. You people that think otherwise should face the facts and realize that Michael Brown was a threat to Wilson. And had he simply listened to Wilson from the beginning, he'd be alive.
  • Options
    CNN had the blood spatter chart last night. It exists.

• Options

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/13/us/ferguson-missouri-town-under-siege-after-police-shooting.html

Yeah this graphic doesn't say anything about the blood stains you mentioned dude....let's keep this argument halfway intelligent please

• Options
    JimmyV said:

• Options
    did the grand jury have CNN and the NY Times interpretation of the evidence, NYT graphics or did they have the raw evidence?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

I think after four or so posts of similar style - we get it.

BB, reading through this thread now, kudos to your Cosby comment! Needed that levity.
  • Options

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Eyewitness reports.

Holy crap man....no shots in the back doesn't prove that shots weren't fired while he was running away or had his back turned ok? It just means the shots didn't connect.

Calm down.

I'm not sure what you are going for here. Shots could have been fired as Brown ran away. But the lack of wounds in his back disproves any eyewitness testimony that Wilson shot him in the back. These shots could have just as easily been fired at his legs in an attempt to wound him.

My point is that eyewitness testimony was incorrect.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

yeah...I just posted it above

• Options

JimmyV said:

Thanks.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    The actual distance is 21 ft.Blood trail leads away from cruiser then heads back 21 ft.Gun shots in car.Wilson story matches the evidence.So its time get on board with the facts.those pesky little facts.
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    edited November 2014
    Keep stealing stuff, that will show them how mad you are over a young man's death. The media was praying for trouble, they got it. When every time they addressed the story they made sure to say black teen and white cop. They got what they wanted. When they kept talking up possible rioting, they got what they wanted. I will never support the cable "news" outlets again. I won't watch it, I won't go to their shitty websites...I am full on disgusted by how this was covered.

There is a dead teenager and it didn't need to happen. But it did and just because you want to believe he was killed because he was black doesn't make it so, and just because you want to believe the cop acted perfectly doesn't make it so.
    This cop will forever have to remember the look on that young man's face. He will forever have to remember what he did and my guess is he will forever be haunted by what he could have done differently.

This is a terribly sad situation and I feel terrible for the family. The idiot group of idiot rioters has usurped there time of grief and made it about them and not about the young man who died and his grieving family.

Keep taking tv's, keep taking groceries, keep setting fire to shit...that will show the man... Worked in LA...things are perfect there now
    Post edited by mikepegg44 on
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    It's interesting to see these different reporters on the ground. You can tell by how they report which side of the debate they are on. CNN's Don Lemon and Sunny Hostin are clearly unhapoky with the grand jurys decision. Where Jake Tapper, Carol Costello, Mark Omeara, and Mel Robbins clearly support the decision. It's very obvious in how they are "reporting."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Thanks.

If I'm looking at this right, the blood evidence does make it look like movement toward Wilson. Supporting Wilsons version of events.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Soren Kierkegaard

Godfather.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    rr165892 said:

The actual distance is 21 ft.Blood trail leads away from cruiser then heads back 21 ft.Gun shots in car.Wilson story matches the evidence.So its time get on board with the facts.those pesky little facts.

That's how it looks. Unfortunately, a lot of people have already made up their minds on this and will just ignore the facts.
  • Options

If I'm looking at this right, the blood evidence does make it look like movement toward Wilson. Supporting Wilsons version of events.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    edited November 2014
    I'm disappointed that people cant look at the evidence, see that Wilson's story makes sense, and then move on. You can still use your passion to improve police/community/race relations but at least admit that you were wrong and go forward. So many people are blindly sticking by their views in this case.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

rr165892 said:

dignin said:

Browns death is maybe the straw that breaks the camels back, or at least I hope so.

The system is broken.

I'm not saying the system does not have its flaws, but is it possible that the grand jury ruled correctly based on the evidence they had?

I've heard no shots in the back. I've heard Brown attacked several times. I've heard DNA on pants, shirt, and inside car of Wilson's. I've also heard many key witnesses recanted their testimony- saying they were influenced by social media.

They are releasing all the evidence from what I have heard. This should help make things a little clearer, but it really is hard to know what to think given the media playing us like fiddles over the last few months.
    Browns blood is on handle and trigger of Wilson's gun.Ahhhh,how did it get there I wonder without browns hand being on the gun?Must be a conspiracy of the crime scene guys and DA and Police and Grand Jury civilians OR like many on here have stated Brown was at fault.He was criminal who disobeyed and tried to assault a cop and take his gun.Now idiots are burning it all down.Way to shine in the spotlight Ferguson.Classy.Im sure your message just got thru load and clear.....

I haven't seen this blood on handle and trigger evidence? If it was then it proves nothing other then blood traveling to handle and trigger which could have gotten there when Brown pushed the gun away when "Wilson shot in Brown's direction". If Brown's fingerprints or non blood dna which don't splatter and travel were found on trigger and handle then that's a completely different story.
    Quit with the critical thinking.

I was going to say quit with the stubbornness (notice he never said anything about the witnesses recanting their testimonies, Brown's DNA in the car, no wounds in the back, and those other items that support the officer of the laws' version of events?).

I realize both of you have had your story straight the moment it broke on twitter. It must be very unsettling to discover your version of what happened wasn't exactly what occurred.

Both of you are reaching. It's possible we have been sold a bill of goods, but knowing what we know... buying the official explanation of Brown's death is a far cry from being asked to buy... say, Steven Biko's official explanation of death.

The information was just released 10 hours ago, once i read thru it, i will post my findings, I'm first looking thru Wilson's account. I haven't made my mind up because i haven't read thru all the info once i do i will make my mind up, until then go back to "stuff and nonsense".

Finally Wilson's real official story, not from Josie not from leakers, still no police report as required by law immediately after the incident.
    Classic.

Because 'stuff and nonsense' is what you have been spewing for the past two weeks (remember the completely bizarre and intensely weird looking for my retainer and can't find it... nor can I find Wilson's story?).

Even as the story you fully bought into (the execution one) has completely unravelled... you still throw little jabs trying to discredit the officer (calling him a wuss and questioning the legitimacy of the evidence). I mean geezuz, man... the guy has been exonerated in an extremely high profile case and you still seek to throw the pitchfork into him. You hung him a long time ago.
    "My brain's a good brain!"