Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options

JC29856 said:

RE#
    My answer your post is this (my questions aren't at you but questions in general)...I think that is exactly what people want, fairness and equality. I think people want evidence, facts and justice served. Do you think in this particular case, we have gotten it? Do you think facts, evidence and justice has been served and laws followed? The facts and evidence I rely on cannot be called rumor and cannot be spun, twisted by any news source blog or otherwise. Can a reasonable person applying simple logic to what little facts and evidence release make any sense to what the authorities have said and put forth? Are we to believe what the authorities have told us?
    its indisputable that Wilson never filed an incident report which he is required to do by LAW? Have you seen the incident report that was released weeks later, after several sunshine law requests? It says nothing. Why wasn't a police report filed when an officer was involved in killing a person? Why not a video statement from Wilson describing exactly what went down to cause him to use lethal force immediately after the incident?
    Can the distance between Browns body and Wilson's SUV be disputed twisted or spun? Why would the police report that the distance was 35 feet when its actually around 100 feet?
    Ignoring the 6 eyewitnesses accounts, can real time audio and video of 2 construction workers not far from the scene be disputed twisted or spun? Why seconds after Wilson gunned down Brown would 2 construction workers say he stopped turned around and had his hands up while motioning with their hands up?
    Its a fact that even before Browns body, which lay dead in the street for 4.5 hours (why did it lay there so long?) was removed, Wilson was consulting with police union reps and an attorney. Why? What did Wilson do wrong to need an attorney so quickly? If by law you are innocent until proven guilty (which didn't apply to Brown) and Wilson followed the laws then why did Wilson run and hide from the law that he is sworn to uphold?
    You don't think this stinks to high heavens? What is taking the grand jury so long to decide whether or not to indict? What could they possibly be deliberating over? Is this the longest grand jury decision about a cop in US history? Remember this is an indictment, not a trial, this is the first step in the legal process to see if there was wrongdoing. There's a saying that a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, is the opposite true?
    Why the state of emergency, is it even legal for a governor to declare a state of emergency over a grand jury decision (another first in US history)?
    I can go on and on... so I ask where is this due process you mention? where was it for Brown? where is it for Wilson?

Your questions are fair... and Wilson clearly crossed the line. But you really seem to ignore the other side to this issue. Here's some questions you might not necessarily like given your propensity to tout Brown as an angel (or at least never acknowledge the fact that he was the root of this problem):

Why did Brown rob the convenience store? Why did Brown provoke a confrontation with the police? Was the struggle at some point in time a 'life and death' fight for Wilson? Why did Brown only relent after he lost the upper hand in this altercation? Would Brown have exercised restraint if he had succeeded in wrestling the firearm from Wilson? Would Brown's criminal behaviours have stopped if he had not crossed paths with Wilson?

If this was a young man riding home on his bike after shopping at the convenience store, stopped by police, and then shot dead... I'd be as outraged as you. However... this isn't exactly the case.

And are you suggesting, given all we know from the past regarding people's reactions to such decisions, that the state make no preparations at all? Do you actually think that would be wise?
    brown did not provoke a confrontation with wilson. wilson drove up to him and told him to "get the fuck out of the street." wilson drove up to him with typical hardass cop posturing and provoked the whole thing.
    In your other post, you seemed incredulous at why someone would be going for a cop's gun- stating that would not be the first thing you'd do if confronted by an officer of the law. I ask you... exactly what frame of mind was Brown in when, immediately following robbing a convenience store, he brazenly walked down the middle of the street?

To my way of thinking, if I had just robbed a convenience store... I would not be walking down the middle of the street. I would be slinking through alleyways and trying to get home with my loot. If I was walking down the middle of the street instead of slinking through alleyways freshly after committing a crime... I'm thinking that I'm the man and I'm ready for anything.

You say typical hardass cop posturing provoked the whole thing... I say typical badass criminal fuck everyone attitude provoked the whole thing.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    You say typical hardass cop posturing provoked the whole thing... I say "typical badass criminal fuck everyone attitude provoked the whole thing".

Now that was some poetry there Thirtybills…great post
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,676

JC29856 said:

RE#
    My answer your post is this (my questions aren't at you but questions in general)...I think that is exactly what people want, fairness and equality. I think people want evidence, facts and justice served. Do you think in this particular case, we have gotten it? Do you think facts, evidence and justice has been served and laws followed? The facts and evidence I rely on cannot be called rumor and cannot be spun, twisted by any news source blog or otherwise. Can a reasonable person applying simple logic to what little facts and evidence release make any sense to what the authorities have said and put forth? Are we to believe what the authorities have told us?
    its indisputable that Wilson never filed an incident report which he is required to do by LAW? Have you seen the incident report that was released weeks later, after several sunshine law requests? It says nothing. Why wasn't a police report filed when an officer was involved in killing a person? Why not a video statement from Wilson describing exactly what went down to cause him to use lethal force immediately after the incident?
    Can the distance between Browns body and Wilson's SUV be disputed twisted or spun? Why would the police report that the distance was 35 feet when its actually around 100 feet?
    Ignoring the 6 eyewitnesses accounts, can real time audio and video of 2 construction workers not far from the scene be disputed twisted or spun? Why seconds after Wilson gunned down Brown would 2 construction workers say he stopped turned around and had his hands up while motioning with their hands up?
    Its a fact that even before Browns body, which lay dead in the street for 4.5 hours (why did it lay there so long?) was removed, Wilson was consulting with police union reps and an attorney. Why? What did Wilson do wrong to need an attorney so quickly? If by law you are innocent until proven guilty (which didn't apply to Brown) and Wilson followed the laws then why did Wilson run and hide from the law that he is sworn to uphold?
    You don't think this stinks to high heavens? What is taking the grand jury so long to decide whether or not to indict? What could they possibly be deliberating over? Is this the longest grand jury decision about a cop in US history? Remember this is an indictment, not a trial, this is the first step in the legal process to see if there was wrongdoing. There's a saying that a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, is the opposite true?
    Why the state of emergency, is it even legal for a governor to declare a state of emergency over a grand jury decision (another first in US history)?
    I can go on and on... so I ask where is this due process you mention? where was it for Brown? where is it for Wilson?

Your questions are fair... and Wilson clearly crossed the line. But you really seem to ignore the other side to this issue. Here's some questions you might not necessarily like given your propensity to tout Brown as an angel (or at least never acknowledge the fact that he was the root of this problem):

Why did Brown rob the convenience store? Why did Brown provoke a confrontation with the police? Was the struggle at some point in time a 'life and death' fight for Wilson? Why did Brown only relent after he lost the upper hand in this altercation? Would Brown have exercised restraint if he had succeeded in wrestling the firearm from Wilson? Would Brown's criminal behaviours have stopped if he had not crossed paths with Wilson?

If this was a young man riding home on his bike after shopping at the convenience store, stopped by police, and then shot dead... I'd be as outraged as you. However... this isn't exactly the case.

And are you suggesting, given all we know from the past regarding people's reactions to such decisions, that the state make no preparations at all? Do you actually think that would be wise?
    brown did not provoke a confrontation with wilson. wilson drove up to him and told him to "get the fuck out of the street." wilson drove up to him with typical hardass cop posturing and provoked the whole thing.
    I am a white guy who was crossing the street at an intersection when the orange hand signal was only blinking. I was stopped by a cop and was given a warning. I thought it was ridiculous and so did people around me. So it happens to people regardless of what race they are.

Brown was walking down the middle of the street from everything I have read. The cop had every right to ask him to get out of the street. What went down from there I don't know but I don't think you should make excuses for someone who has no regard for others and is just walking down the middle of the street like he owns the place.

Again, I am just referring to the initial interaction because it seems like you are saying that Brown had nothing to do with getting into the situation.

People want to make it about race and cops getting off easy, but behavior plays a role too and likely will contribute to the outcome of this GJ. Robbing a convenience store and then walking down the middle of the street like you own the place probably isn't gaining him much sympathy from the grand jury. I am not saying Brown deserved to die or that it was justified, but unfortunately poor decisions lead to poor outcomes sometimes.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,676
    edited November 2014
    h

JC29856 said:

RE#

In your other post, you seemed incredulous at why someone would be going for a cop's gun- stating that would not be the first thing you'd do if confronted by an officer of the law. I ask you... exactly what frame of mind was Brown in when, immediately following robbing a convenience store, he brazenly walked down the middle of the street?

To my way of thinking, if I had just robbed a convenience store... I would not be walking down the middle of the street. I would be slinking through alleyways and trying to get home with my loot. If I was walking down the middle of the street instead of slinking through alleyways freshly after committing a crime... I'm thinking that I'm the man and I'm ready for anything.

You say typical hardass cop posturing provoked the whole thing... I say typical badass criminal fuck everyone attitude provoked the whole thing.
    It is weird how people can look at the same situation with exact opposite viewpoints.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

JC29856 said:

RE#

You nailed it! 30.I fucking hate criminals.And slinking away is about right.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    What part of alleged do you people not understand? Brown will never get his day in court.

The demonization of the victim seems to have worked.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    dignin said:

What part of alleged do you people not understand? Brown will never get his day in court.

Actual Video of thuggery seems to do that...
  • Options
    dignin said:

Fact is fact Digin.The kid was a criminal.This wasn't some little cherub sitting on a park bench minding his own buisness.I also don't believe for minute he chose to become an upstanding citizen in those heated moments before the kill shots.If he even tried to assault the officer,made any move to threaten Wilson's safety or disobeyed a direct order,therefore giving the impression of threat then everything that happens after is justified and in the line of duty.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2014
    30... i'll amuse you with this response...i dont think you understood my post or you simply didnt read it. ill reiterate my points. what i posted is not based on assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation, zero none. no incident report was filed. browns dead body was at least 108 feet away from the suv. wilson left the police station with a union rep and an attorney about 2.5 hours after the incident. if you dont see the importance in those facts then that is a separate issue.

Here's some questions you might not necessarily like given your propensity to tout Brown as an angel (or at least never acknowledge the fact that he was the root of this problem):
    Where do I tout Brown as an angel?
    How is Brown the root of the problem? Is it because he allegedly strong armed a store clerk and stole $10 worth of cigars or because he was jaywalking or because Wilson thought Brown looked like someone that smoked weed?

Why did Brown rob the convenience store? I cant answer that, either can Brown because he is dead, maybe when you're dead you can ask him
    Why did Brown provoke a confrontation with the police? How did Brown provoke the police? Here is where you get into assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation. Remember Wilson didnt file a police report as required by law.
    Was the struggle at some point in time a 'life and death' fight for Wilson? Here is where you get into assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation. Remember Wilson didnt file a police report as required by law.
    Why did Brown only relent after he lost the upper hand in this altercation? Here is where you get into assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation. Remember Wilson didnt file a police report as required by law.
    Would Brown have exercised restraint if he had succeeded in wrestling the firearm from Wilson? I cant answer that, either can Brown because he is dead, maybe when you're dead you can ask him. Again here is where you rely on assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation. Remember Wilson didnt file a police report as required by law.
    Would Brown's criminal behaviours have stopped if he had not crossed paths with Wilson? What criminal behaviors? Stealing, pushing and shoving, smoking weed? Do you like Pearl Jam? There are 2 current Pearl Jam members that are on record admitting that when they were young they stole and smoked weed, does that make them criminals that deserve the firing squad. Was it the pushing and shoving or the jaywalking that sets Brown apart? Anyway as for stopping his criminal behaviors, I cant answer that, either can Brown because he is dead, maybe when you're dead you can ask him
    A couple of things to add... were Brown and Johnson strutting "in the middle of the street", crossing the street or walking in the street but not in the middle of the street? whatever the answer is explain why that matters? in the meantime i will look up the charges for jaywalking in Ferguson and MO.
    the loot that was referred to was 1 or 2 boxes of cigars but since the store never called the police to report the incident we don't know what exactly what was stolen.
    Browns robbery has as much bearing on the incident as Wilsons time a Jennings PD where all the officers were disbanded due to race and corruption. Ferguson PD said that WIlson had no knowledge of the robbery (see an earlier post).
    The confrontation, if Brown matched the description of a strong armed robber, why would Wilson say get the fuck on the sidewalk, drive by, then slam his car in reverse screeching his tires (tire marks matching the SUV as evidenced) in reaction to Brown or Johnsons response? Do you think Wilson was angry at the time he put his SUV in reverse?
    When Brown was going for Wilsons gun, was Wilson standing outside of his SUV or seated in the SUV? When Brown was going for Wilsons gun was the door open or was he through the rolled down window? If Wilson was seated, why didnt he get out of his car?
    If Johnson and Wilson decided it was cop killing day why wasnt Johnson helping Brown go for Wilsons gun? Doesnt 2 on 1 increase the chances of killing a cop with a gun?

Your turn...
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I have to say, ANY report of a person attempting to use an officer's weapon on them, following that surveillance video of that same person strong arming a store owner like he did, SHOULD involve them getting killed. From what I've heard, the officer warned him to stop, told him he'd shoot him. I feel kinda good knowing that that sort if human being is off the streets. ( and I don't mean a black guy off the streets, I mean a thug).
    Some people might say his mother could have raised him better. I don't necessarily think his mother did a bad job. Has anyone here ever BEEN to Ferguson?? It's crazy stupid gang filled! I haven't seen shade like that since walking down Spencer ave in L.A.. It is sorta scary for the common person there. I look at it like.. One less thug robbing and killing and taping people off the streets. And I can say that knowing that this MB kid made a CHOICE. He CHOSE what he was going to do, went did it, got killed, happy ending. That may sound fucked up, but it's true.. Have at it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i HEARD jaris hayden had pink wings kinda like the rock in the tooth fairy!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I have to say, ANY report of a person attempting to use an officer's weapon on them, following that surveillance video of that same person strong arming a store owner like he did, SHOULD involve them getting killed. From what I've heard, the officer warned him to stop, told him he'd shoot him. I feel kinda good knowing that that sort if human being is off the streets. ( and I don't mean a black guy off the streets, I mean a thug).
    Some people might say his mother could have raised him better. I don't necessarily think his mother did a bad job. Has anyone here ever BEEN to Ferguson?? It's crazy stupid gang filled! I haven't seen shade like that since walking down Spencer ave in L.A.. It is sorta scary for the common person there. I look at it like.. One less thug robbing and killing and taping people off the streets. And I can say that knowing that this MB kid made a CHOICE. He CHOSE what he was going to do, went did it, got killed, happy ending. That may sound fucked up, but it's true.. Have at it.

so ANY time a cop mistakenly shoots someone, all they have to do is report that they went for their gun and you support it? Sounds a little crazy...happy ending? There is a dead person involved here, i am sure you have never made mistakes or disrespected authority, clearly you havnt or that would make your statement BS hypocrite talk.
    It's not so black and white as a "happy ending"...even criminals have family who loves them and mourn when they die UNNECESSARILY!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198

so Judge/Jury/Executioner....got it

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Your right.He made a choice and it was a bad one.Its unfortunate it cost him his life.But those are the consequences criminals run into when they are living the thug life.I was detoured thru Ferguson on the way to the airport.Its a armpit.Not as bad as some of the hoods we have here in Florida but it was bad.Lots of barred windows and abandoned houses.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

so ANY time a cop mistakenly shoots someone, all they have to do is report that they went for their gun and you support it? Sounds a little crazy...happy ending? There is a dead person involved here, i am sure you have never made mistakes or disrespected authority, clearly you havnt or that would make your statement BS hypocrite talk.
    It's not so black and white as a "happy ending"...even criminals have family who loves them and mourn when they die UNNECESSARILY!
    No Gambs not anytime.But in this particular case it was.I think we should take each of these occurrences that happen between law enforcement and shootings and judge each one on the facts.
  • Options
    The kid (yes he was 18 years old so that automatically makes him a MAN) was executed in the street. Eyewitnesses described it...and yes a few of the eyewitnesses were white so you can trust them.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

The kid (yes he was 18 years old so that automatically makes him a MAN) was executed in the street. Eyewitnesses described it...and yes a few of the eyewitnesses were white so you can trust them.

Most on here pointing out the fact that Brown was acting badly are alluding to the behaviours- hardly indicators of racism. Where do you come off making such implications?
  • Options
  • Options
    rgambs said:

So you're saying the cop should have let him continue on his rant?? I'm sorry a criminal life is a choice, I'm just saying he got what he deserved. If he wanted to live, he should have made better choices. I may seem jaded to most. But after seeing all the fucked up shit I've seen involving the nature of human beings, I just find it hard to have sympathy for people like this kid who thought nothing could touch him, thought he didn't have to be a legitimate citizen, why would he when crime was working so much better for him?? I feel for his family, it sucks losing lived ones.. But to call his death unnecessary is ridiculous. It was either him or the cop. MB made his choice the cop made his. It's a happy ending in that there's one less brutal thug in the streets. But in that factor alone. This was more than necessary, maybe you need to go do some field work, ride along with the police, an ambulance, turn off the fucking TV and go smell life slip away from REAL people. ( I know you don't have cable gamba, but you get the news, right?) go see that shit for real, go to the Ghettos, to the homeless camps, go.. Go see the shit you see on your television.. Go see the real world, for what it really is.. In the fields of work I have done I've seen more people for brutal and TRULY UNNECESSARY DEATHS, at the hands of thug Jack assessment this MB kid than anyone should ever have to! And you see it in real life versus just over a television screen, it should make you angry, for the victims. MB was NOT the victim, he was the perpetrator.. And I feel for his family.. But for him?? Fuck no! He had NO good intention, no kindly end in his plan.. He was going to make a brutal end of things. The cop just best him to it. Go see this shit for real, you'll see things in a whole new light! I will never feel sorry for a criminal that DESERVES their due end. And this kid was a danger, he needed removed from society. Period.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

30... i'll amuse you with this response...i dont think you understood my post or you simply didnt read it. ill reiterate my points. what i posted is not based on assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation, zero none. no incident report was filed. browns dead body was at least 108 feet away from the suv. wilson left the police station with a union rep and an attorney about 2.5 hours after the incident. if you dont see the importance in those facts then that is a separate issue.

Here's some questions you might not necessarily like given your propensity to tout Brown as an angel (or at least never acknowledge the fact that he was the root of this problem):
    Where do I tout Brown as an angel?
    How is Brown the root of the problem? Is it because he allegedly strong armed a store clerk and stole $10 worth of cigars or because he was jaywalking or because Wilson thought Brown looked like someone that smoked weed?

Why did Brown rob the convenience store? I cant answer that, either can Brown because he is dead, maybe when you're dead you can ask him
    Why did Brown provoke a confrontation with the police? How did Brown provoke the police? Here is where you get into assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation. Remember Wilson didnt file a police report as required by law.
    Was the struggle at some point in time a 'life and death' fight for Wilson? Here is where you get into assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation. Remember Wilson didnt file a police report as required by law.
    Why did Brown only relent after he lost the upper hand in this altercation? Here is where you get into assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation. Remember Wilson didnt file a police report as required by law.
    Would Brown have exercised restraint if he had succeeded in wrestling the firearm from Wilson? I cant answer that, either can Brown because he is dead, maybe when you're dead you can ask him. Again here is where you rely on assumptions, conjecture and/or speculation. Remember Wilson didnt file a police report as required by law.
    Would Brown's criminal behaviours have stopped if he had not crossed paths with Wilson? What criminal behaviors? Stealing, pushing and shoving, smoking weed? Do you like Pearl Jam? There are 2 current Pearl Jam members that are on record admitting that when they were young they stole and smoked weed, does that make them criminals that deserve the firing squad. Was it the pushing and shoving or the jaywalking that sets Brown apart? Anyway as for stopping his criminal behaviors, I cant answer that, either can Brown because he is dead, maybe when you're dead you can ask him
    A couple of things to add... were Brown and Johnson strutting "in the middle of the street", crossing the street or walking in the street but not in the middle of the street? whatever the answer is explain why that matters? in the meantime i will look up the charges for jaywalking in Ferguson and MO.
    the loot that was referred to was 1 or 2 boxes of cigars but since the store never called the police to report the incident we don't know what exactly what was stolen.
    Browns robbery has as much bearing on the incident as Wilsons time a Jennings PD where all the officers were disbanded due to race and corruption. Ferguson PD said that WIlson had no knowledge of the robbery (see an earlier post).
    The confrontation, if Brown matched the description of a strong armed robber, why would Wilson say get the fuck on the sidewalk, drive by, then slam his car in reverse screeching his tires (tire marks matching the SUV as evidenced) in reaction to Brown or Johnsons response? Do you think Wilson was angry at the time he put his SUV in reverse?
    When Brown was going for Wilsons gun, was Wilson standing outside of his SUV or seated in the SUV? When Brown was going for Wilsons gun was the door open or was he through the rolled down window? If Wilson was seated, why didnt he get out of his car?
    If Johnson and Wilson decided it was cop killing day why wasnt Johnson helping Brown go for Wilsons gun? Doesnt 2 on 1 increase the chances of killing a cop with a gun?

Your turn...

Brown is dead so he gets a pass? And what he did was nothing (teeny weeny box of cigars... he never beat the hell out of the clerk- just roughed him up a bit... he never ignored the cop as much as he justifiably got angry because the cop screeched his tires and swore at him... and you highly doubt he went for the officer's gun- because why would he do that?)?

I believe and have said- from what I have come to understand (unqualified of course because I was not there)- that Wilson lost control of his emotions and killed the kid after he got control of a scary situation. I also see Brown for what he was and his part in the incident. I see both sides of the equation here, whereas it's safe to say... you fail to.

Not to mention the fact that this is a ridiculous response to which you have invited me to play along with. No thanks. You are all over the map here (from do you want Pearl Jam members dead to ask Brown questions when I'm dead). I could say a lot about such tact, but I won't bother.
  • Options
    i feel it necessary to mention this fact... brown was killed more than 108 feet away from the SUV. how did he get at least 108 feet away from the SUV (a chevy tahoe for those that are wondering)?
    did he walk, bike, run, fly, skateboard, scooter?
  • Options

Most on here pointing out the fact that Brown was acting badly are alluding to the behaviours- hardly indicators of racism. Where do you come off making such implications?
    scroll up see post at 926am
  • Options

rgambs said:

So you're saying the cop should have let him continue on his rant?? I'm sorry a criminal life is a choice, I'm just saying he got what he deserved. If he wanted to live, he should have made better choices. I may seem jaded to most. But after seeing all the fucked up shit I've seen involving the nature of human beings, I just find it hard to have sympathy for people like this kid who thought nothing could touch him, thought he didn't have to be a legitimate citizen, why would he when crime was working so much better for him?? I feel for his family, it sucks losing lived ones.. But to call his death unnecessary is ridiculous. It was either him or the cop. MB made his choice the cop made his. It's a happy ending in that there's one less brutal thug in the streets. But in that factor alone. This was more than necessary, maybe you need to go do some field work, ride along with the police, an ambulance, turn off the fucking TV and go smell life slip away from REAL people. ( I know you don't have cable gamba, but you get the news, right?) go see that shit for real, go to the Ghettos, to the homeless camps, go.. Go see the shit you see on your television.. Go see the real world, for what it really is.. In the fields of work I have done I've seen more people for brutal and TRULY UNNECESSARY DEATHS, at the hands of thug Jack assessment this MB kid than anyone should ever have to! And you see it in real life versus just over a television screen, it should make you angry, for the victims. MB was NOT the victim, he was the perpetrator.. And I feel for his family.. But for him?? Fuck no! He had NO good intention, no kindly end in his plan.. He was going to make a brutal end of things. The cop just best him to it. Go see this shit for real, you'll see things in a whole new light! I will never feel sorry for a criminal that DESERVES their due end. And this kid was a danger, he needed removed from society. Period.
    "it was either him or the cop" Have you paid attention to the details of this at all? He died at a distance from the cop at which he was no legitimate threat. I used to work in a surgical unit at one of the largest hospitals in Columbus, Ohio. I would be very surprised if you have seen more people pass away than I have, in real life. Stabbings, shootings, beatings...a foot run over with a lawnmower by an angry wife lol..not funny to see but amusing in the abstract... I gather that you have had a hard life, you are admittedly jaded in love and criminality, but again, life isn't black and white. How dare you say he deserved to die!? Have you never been given a second chance in life? Never smoked pot, drank and drove, sped 25 or 30 miles over the limit? That makes you a criminal too! Period. Do you DESERVE to die?
  • Options
    off the topic a bit.... what happens to all the criminal and thug cases that Wilson was involved in and hasnt shown up to since he ran hiding all these months? do the criminal thugs get off scott free because wilson failed to appear?
  • Options
    And being 18 doesn't make you a man, it only makes you legally responsible ( an adult) for your actions and your own life versus your parents' responsibility. Most make adults aren't really MEN until their late 20's to 30's or so. Though that differs for each individual.

This generation has gotten too PC. Suddenly truth is abolished from all things because it might offend some people, hurt their little feelings.. Wah.. I don't lie to anyone, for anyone.. So.. This is where I stand on this particular issue, and unlike most, I don't care what everyone else thinks or does, because I am only responsible for me. I might cone across as a real folded cunt to people, but if my straight up in your face honesty is offensive then that is what I am, to that person. I'm too
    Old to find your offense of me offensive, and I'm too educated to think I can sway an OPINION with my own. We could all live the exact same life, and cone out having experienced it completely differently. Therefore, I look at each issue individually. This is a sad case.. But it's really fucking stupid too. Oh, poor Michael Brown.. I just don't get that???? How is that ass hat the victim?? He assaulted and attacked an innocent store clerk and then attempted to disarm an officer and after that initial behavior, who KNOWS what he would have done?? His family, victims, the store clerk victim, the officer, kind of a victim( I say kind if, because they are trained to deal with this shit rigorously, day in day out), he was the victim of being forced to take a life.. That is much harder on him than it would have been had it been the other way around!
  • Options
    This grand jury determination is going to be interesting....that's for sure

• Options

This grand jury determination is going to be interesting....that's for sure

THAT we can take to the bank! They're telling us to be prepared for uprisings here in Colorado! which is ridiculous!
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

i feel it necessary to mention this fact... brown was killed more than 108 feet away from the SUV. how did he get at least 108 feet away from the SUV (a chevy tahoe for those that are wondering)?
    did he walk, bike, run, fly, skateboard, scooter?

What are you arguing?

Firstly, have you ever been in a fight? These types of events are hardly ones that are contained in a 10 foot circle. For perspective, because I feel you have lost it, 100 feet is just a little bit longer than first base.

Secondly, the majority on here acknowledge that Wilson seems to have executed Brown. The debate here should lie centered on whether the shooting was justified or not justified. I come from the position that if I had just been in a life or death struggle and gained the upper hand... I don't know how I'd respond when that moment came.

I know people here say police are trained for such moments... but exactly how do you effectively replicate such training? Of course I think Wilson lost control, but he was pushed into a state of mind that I could not imagine.

So, as to what I think the debate is centered on... Wilson seems guilty. However, I tire of the incessant implications of race directed at people who try to point out Brown's actions as causal factors. And I also tire of people 'glossing over' Brown's criminal behaviours that ultimately led to this fatal event.
  • Options

• Options
    where is the dashcam footage? Why isnt there an in car camera? Why dont cops wear go pros? None of this controversy would exist if we had proper documentation of the event.