Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Im sure this isnt by design.....
    ...$2.6M fines and court fees are the city's second-largest revenue source. Last year, Ferguson issued 3 warrants for every household—25,000 warrants in a city of 21,000 people.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/09/ferguson-might-have-break-its-habit-hitting-poor-people-big-fines
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 said:

Im going to make a prediction or two...since i don't have the luxury of being omnipresent and cannot see everything with my own eyes, i have to rely on various media outlets and then form my own opinions.
    Predictions
    Wilson will not be indicted (shocker)
    Some on this board will describe the aftermath, what they have seen with their own eyes, some examples could be...bad black men running around with knives and guns shooting cops and first responders, Arabs running around with bombs and backpacks.....

You might want to just stick with the facts and not fantacy... Stick with the truth...all I want is the truth.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    edited November 2014
    muskydan said:

RE4790 said:

God help anyone accused of a crime in the social media era.

Ain't that the truth….
    JC29856 said:

muskydan said:

RE4790 said:

God help anyone accused of a crime in the social media era.

Ain't that the truth….
    who was accused of a crime?
    only thing that comes to mind is maybe Brown for shoplifting? since the convenience store didn't call the police or make a report are we sure he stole anything?
    maybe battery on the store clerk, its clear in the video he grabbed the clerk and shoved him?
    wilson failing to file an incident report?
    JC, you seem very passionate about this topic and willing to post you views in a potentially confrontational environment for free debate and I very much respect that. I don't want you to think I was implying anything about your posts or comments here.

My statement was just that in today's environment, people are tried and convicted outside the courts, in the social media sphere, and that undermines not only confidence in, but respect for due process in our country. There are obviously cases of corruption and abuse in the legal system, but social media turns rumors (from anywhere in the world) into facts and those facts used as evidence to second guess the judicial system without being subject to the same argumentative process that evidence in a trial is. It's a very dangerous turn of events when what is justice is determined by popular opinion and not the law.
    Post edited by RE4790 on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    This may not belong here but I think it may have some relevance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MAO7McNKE
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Im going to make a prediction or two...since i don't have the luxury of being omnipresent and cannot see everything with my own eyes, i have to rely on various media outlets and then form my own opinions.
    Predictions
    Some on this board will describe the aftermath, what they have seen with their own eyes, some examples could be...bad black men running around with knives and guns shooting cops and first responders, Arabs running around with bombs and backpacks.....

You might want to just stick with the facts and not fantacy... Stick with the truth...all I want is the truth.
    This statement would have more clout if you hadn't been making predictions yourself. You told us to keep our guns loaded and at the ready. Is that the truth or is it fantasy? Time will tell if it is an accurate prediction, but it isn't fact if that's what you mean by truth.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Predictions

This statement would have more clout if you hadn't been making predictions yourself. You told us to keep our guns loaded and at the ready. Is that the truth or is it fantasy? Time will tell if it is an accurate prediction, but it isn't fact if that's what you mean by truth.
    Trust me, I don't live in fantasy land, but I wish I did sometimes. That is a sad truth for me and many in my F-up town . As I said on here before I sure hope there are no significant incidents but with Intel we are getting that the Black bloc and other anarchists showing up, it's very likely some protesters may not be simply protesting. Well shall see...I would suggest if Anybody feels very passionate about this whole incident to go join a protest so you can see for yourself the behavior of some. It maybe shocking or you may feel right at home. Either way, God Bless the USA!!!! And the best live band in the world...
  • Options
    dignin said:

This may not belong here but I think it may have some relevance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MAO7McNKE

Now that is a Leader. Thanks 4 sharing that. More Police Departments need leadership like that. Prayers 4 that young child, so sad and senceless.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Predictions

Trust me, I don't live in fantasy land, but I wish I did sometimes. That is a sad truth for me and many in my F-up town . As I said on here before I sure hope there are no significant incidents but with Intel we are getting that the Black bloc and other anarchists showing up, it's very likely some protesters may not be simply protesting. Well shall see...I would suggest if Anybody feels very passionate about this whole incident to go join a protest so you can see for yourself the behavior of some. It maybe shocking or you may feel right at home. Either way, God Bless the USA!!!! And the best live band in the world...
    What effed up town if I may ask? Out here in Amish country the only protests going down are having to do with fracking and puppy mills, and those protests are few and far between so I will have to wait and see what happens via the internet. I am sure some shady characters will use this as an opportunity to run amok, but I doubt it will be widespread and particularly violent. Time will tell.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Predictions

What effed up town if I may ask? Out here in Amish country the only protests going down are having to do with fracking and puppy mills, and those protests are few and far between so I will have to wait and see what happens via the internet. I am sure some shady characters will use this as an opportunity to run amok, but I doubt it will be widespread and particularly violent. Time will tell.
    The hometown of one EV...and bad baseball teams and sad Football.
  • Options
    RE#
    My answer your post is this (my questions aren't at you but questions in general)...I think that is exactly what people want, fairness and equality. I think people want evidence, facts and justice served. Do you think in this particular case, we have gotten it? Do you think facts, evidence and justice has been served and laws followed? The facts and evidence I rely on cannot be called rumor and cannot be spun, twisted by any news source blog or otherwise. Can a reasonable person applying simple logic to what little facts and evidence release make any sense to what the authorities have said and put forth? Are we to believe what the authorities have told us?
    its indisputable that Wilson never filed an incident report which he is required to do by LAW? Have you seen the incident report that was released weeks later, after several sunshine law requests? It says nothing. Why wasn't a police report filed when an officer was involved in killing a person? Why not a video statement from Wilson describing exactly what went down to cause him to use lethal force immediately after the incident?
    Can the distance between Browns body and Wilson's SUV be disputed twisted or spun? Why would the police report that the distance was 35 feet when its actually around 100 feet?
    Ignoring the 6 eyewitnesses accounts, can real time audio and video of 2 construction workers not far from the scene be disputed twisted or spun? Why seconds after Wilson gunned down Brown would 2 construction workers say he stopped turned around and had his hands up while motioning with their hands up?
    Its a fact that even before Browns body, which lay dead in the street for 4.5 hours (why did it lay there so long?) was removed, Wilson was consulting with police union reps and an attorney. Why? What did Wilson do wrong to need an attorney so quickly? If by law you are innocent until proven guilty (which didn't apply to Brown) and Wilson followed the laws then why did Wilson run and hide from the law that he is sworn to uphold?
    You don't think this stinks to high heavens? What is taking the grand jury so long to decide whether or not to indict? What could they possibly be deliberating over? Is this the longest grand jury decision about a cop in US history? Remember this is an indictment, not a trial, this is the first step in the legal process to see if there was wrongdoing. There's a saying that a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, is the opposite true?
    Why the state of emergency, is it even legal for a governor to declare a state of emergency over a grand jury decision (another first in US history)?
    I can go on and on... so I ask where is this due process you mention? where was it for Brown? where is it for Wilson?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Predictions

You seem to be very paranoid and out of reality but understand my take. "Get your guns ready".

And would god not bless all?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

the national guard is here. they were at my work today. my work has been listed as potential target for rioting. we are a hospital, so i don't know what these protesters could gain by protesting us...if anything, we are the ones who will help them when the cops beat them.

You don't have much to worry about with the rioters attacking your hospital from my experience. They prefer liquor stores, electronic stores, convenient stores, and cellphone stores….you know, the necessities in life. Now if the Black Bloc or other anarchist groups show up they are a tad bit organized and try to take out routes for first responders to hospitals and medical facilities. And if you get one these wonderful human beings w/ a boo boo in your hospital be ever mindful that they hate you too.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

the national guard is here. they were at my work today. my work has been listed as potential target for rioting. we are a hospital, so i don't know what these protesters could gain by protesting us...if anything, we are the ones who will help them when the cops beat them.

You don't have much to worry about with the rioters attacking your hospital from my experience. They prefer liquor stores, electronic stores, convenient stores, and cellphone stores….you know, the necessities in life. Now if the Black Bloc or other anarchist groups show up they are a tad bit organized and try to take out routes for first responders to hospitals and medical facilities. And if you get one these wonderful human beings w/ a boo boo in your hospital be ever mindful that they hate you too.
    Hate much?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

muskydan said:

Hate much?
    I doubt you would care much for the Black Bloc and Anarchists if you got urine and human feces thrown at you doing your job trying to protect law abiding citizens and property.
  • Options

Hate much?

I doubt you would care much for the Black Bloc and Anarchists if you got urine and human feces thrown at you doing your job trying to protect law abiding citizens and property.

http://drewdellinger.org/pages/blog/806/pee-poop-and-protest_countering-police-propaganda

• Options
    List the following from highest to lowest
    A. 103 days of protests, how many liquor stores electronic stores convenient stores and cellphone stores were looted by rioters.
    B. 103 days of protests, how many tear gas (chemical weapon banned in war) canisters fired at protestors/rioters
    C.103 days of protests, how many rubber bullets and wood projectiles fired at protestors/rioters
    D. 103 days of protests, how many times were protestors/rioters maced/pepper sprayed
    E. 103 days of protests, how many of the "police" officers carrying out B. C. and D. displayed name badges
  • Options
    https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/11/20/everything-know-shooting-michael-brown-darren-wilson/

“When he stepped foot on that street, the officer told him to stop again, and he fired three shots…When he (Brown) got hit, he staggered like, ‘Oh,’ and his body moved. Then he looked down…His hands were up like this (he gestures with arms out to the side and palms upward), and he was looking at the officer and was coming toward him trying to keep his feet and stand up. The officer took a few steps back and yelled, ‘Stop,’ again, and Michael was trying to stay on his feet…He was 20 to 25 feet from officer, and after he started staggering, he (Wilson) let off four more rounds. As he was firing those last rounds, Michael was on his way down. We were thinking, ‘Oh my God, oh my God, brother, stop, stop.’ He was already on his way down when he fired those last shots.”
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWUkBxmFUvU

Cyril Harrison Wecht best know for his consulting in numerous high-profile cases and for his criticism of the Warren Commission's findings concerning the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He has been the president of both the American Academy of Forensic Science and the American College of Legal Medicine, and currently heads the board of trustees of the American Board of Legal Medicine. He served as County Commissioner and Allegheny County Coroner & Medical Examiner serving metro Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Hate much?

http://drewdellinger.org/pages/blog/806/pee-poop-and-protest_countering-police-propaganda

Ya got me there.... I must have been high on dope when I get hit by a bag of urine at NATO a couple of springs ago. The months of Court time was real nice, but I got to say the experience sucked. Can you find some blogs on first responders abusing court time now??
  • Options
    Veterans' appeal to National Guard: "Stand with Ferguson protesters, not the police!"

http://www.marchforward.org/veterans_appeal_to_national
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited November 2014
    Musky your beating your head against a wall here.Some of us get it.

Good kids don't rob and assault innocent store owners.Good kids don't disobey law enforcement when given instruction.Good kids don't try to wrestle away a weapon from an officer.

.This whole mess up in Missouri is rotten.Yeah some stuff shoulda been handled different by police but the community and outside Rascist antagonizers are turning this into fucking Selma or Birmingham all over again.I don't get it.wilson can't win here.If GJ says no charges all hell breaks loose,if they say yes he should be charged the circus will continue.its a joke.just my 2cents.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Good kids don't rob and assault innocent store owners.Good kids don't disobey law enforcement when given instruction.Good kids don't try to wrestle away a weapon from an officer.

.This whole mess up in Missouri is rotten.Yeah some stuff shoulda been handled different by police but the community and outside Rascist antagonizers are turning this into fucking Selma or Birmingham all over again.I don't get it.wilson can't win here.If GJ says no charges all hell breaks loose,if they say yes he should be charged the circus will continue.its a joke.just my 2cents.

If the officer is no billed will you get your guns ready and peak out your windows in event the black folk come after you?

I think this is a bit paranoid and yes the dirt bags that loot are just that but many are taking this hate and paranoia a bit to far and feel prejudice is behind it.

And you know if you and musky were born black you'd be pretty pissed at the white establishment. I KNOW I'm treated much better by the police than my black and Hispanics brothers and sisters.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

RE#
    My answer your post is this (my questions aren't at you but questions in general)...I think that is exactly what people want, fairness and equality. I think people want evidence, facts and justice served. Do you think in this particular case, we have gotten it? Do you think facts, evidence and justice has been served and laws followed? The facts and evidence I rely on cannot be called rumor and cannot be spun, twisted by any news source blog or otherwise. Can a reasonable person applying simple logic to what little facts and evidence release make any sense to what the authorities have said and put forth? Are we to believe what the authorities have told us?
    its indisputable that Wilson never filed an incident report which he is required to do by LAW? Have you seen the incident report that was released weeks later, after several sunshine law requests? It says nothing. Why wasn't a police report filed when an officer was involved in killing a person? Why not a video statement from Wilson describing exactly what went down to cause him to use lethal force immediately after the incident?
    Can the distance between Browns body and Wilson's SUV be disputed twisted or spun? Why would the police report that the distance was 35 feet when its actually around 100 feet?
    Ignoring the 6 eyewitnesses accounts, can real time audio and video of 2 construction workers not far from the scene be disputed twisted or spun? Why seconds after Wilson gunned down Brown would 2 construction workers say he stopped turned around and had his hands up while motioning with their hands up?
    Its a fact that even before Browns body, which lay dead in the street for 4.5 hours (why did it lay there so long?) was removed, Wilson was consulting with police union reps and an attorney. Why? What did Wilson do wrong to need an attorney so quickly? If by law you are innocent until proven guilty (which didn't apply to Brown) and Wilson followed the laws then why did Wilson run and hide from the law that he is sworn to uphold?
    You don't think this stinks to high heavens? What is taking the grand jury so long to decide whether or not to indict? What could they possibly be deliberating over? Is this the longest grand jury decision about a cop in US history? Remember this is an indictment, not a trial, this is the first step in the legal process to see if there was wrongdoing. There's a saying that a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, is the opposite true?
    Why the state of emergency, is it even legal for a governor to declare a state of emergency over a grand jury decision (another first in US history)?
    I can go on and on... so I ask where is this due process you mention? where was it for Brown? where is it for Wilson?

Your questions are fair... and Wilson clearly crossed the line. But you really seem to ignore the other side to this issue. Here's some questions you might not necessarily like given your propensity to tout Brown as an angel (or at least never acknowledge the fact that he was the root of this problem):

Why did Brown rob the convenience store? Why did Brown provoke a confrontation with the police? Was the struggle at some point in time a 'life and death' fight for Wilson? Why did Brown only relent after he lost the upper hand in this altercation? Would Brown have exercised restraint if he had succeeded in wrestling the firearm from Wilson? Would Brown's criminal behaviours have stopped if he had not crossed paths with Wilson?

If this was a young man riding home on his bike after shopping at the convenience store, stopped by police, and then shot dead... I'd be as outraged as you. However... this isn't exactly the case.

And are you suggesting, given all we know from the past regarding people's reactions to such decisions, that the state make no preparations at all? Do you actually think that would be wise?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Ya buddy, it sure is a circus all around. I Luv having discussions about all this kind of stuff w/ my Liberal pals, but perhaps I should just keep those discussions with them and off a public forum. I just been bored sitting around waiting 4 the GJ decision to come out waiting to be deployed...I love making $ like the next guy, but the amount of tax payer dough that my city has wasted the past 10 days has been shocking....That dough could be used for more important things 4 my city and not first responder overtime. Hopefully everything is a non issue, just be aware where you are at when the decision comes down.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

If the officer is no billed will you get your guns ready and peak out your windows in event the black folk come after you?

I think this is a bit paranoid and yes the dirt bags that loot are just that but many are taking this hate and paranoia a bit to far and feel prejudice is behind it.

And you know if you and musky were born black you'd be pretty pissed at the white establishment. I KNOW I'm treated much better by the police than my black and Hispanics brothers and sisters.
    Cal,I'm not paranoid at all.And yes I agree if I was born with skin of color maybe my prospective would be different.But all things being equal,if my parents were also of color that wouldn't have changed my value system or what I consider descent human behavior and a personal code of conduct.I know right from wrong.I DONT steal,I do not trash my neighborhood and steal from local hardworking businesses when an injustice or perceived injustice has taken place.Browns value system was off.He was NOT a good kid.If he did indeed try to get the gun from Wilson then Wilson should have shot him.Plain and simple.
    Blaming color is an excuse.Blaming economic conditions is a cop out.Your either a good person or bad.Color Dosent matter.I have friends who are Black and some of them are cops.They think the trouble makers and rebel rousers are just that.They are looking for trouble and they will find it.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    muskydan said:

i hope the black bloc shows up.

me too pal, me too:) ….. Ever met any Black bloc yutes before??
    no but i have followed them in the news. interesting folks.

you militarize police and other civil servants, these black bloc people are what you are breeding.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Predictions

i am sure some people are coming just to tear shit up. but let's not kid ourselves here. the feds will be trying to join these organized groups and will incite violence on behalf of the groups. this happens all the time.

i have protested the iraq war. i've been exposed to pepper spray and tear gas. i've seen police in riot gear coming towards me, when i did nothing wrong other than express my opinion using my constitutionally protected rights.

wilson is going to walk, and it is going to be chaos here.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    why is it that when an officer murders an unarmed person, they always say that the dead person was going for their gun? i find it hard to believe that almost all people are aware enough to go for a gun. if i am engaged with a cop, i am first trying to figure out how to get away. reaching for the gun is most likely not the first thing i would do.

• Options

JC29856 said:

RE#

Your questions are fair... and Wilson clearly crossed the line. But you really seem to ignore the other side to this issue. Here's some questions you might not necessarily like given your propensity to tout Brown as an angel (or at least never acknowledge the fact that he was the root of this problem):

Why did Brown rob the convenience store? Why did Brown provoke a confrontation with the police? Was the struggle at some point in time a 'life and death' fight for Wilson? Why did Brown only relent after he lost the upper hand in this altercation? Would Brown have exercised restraint if he had succeeded in wrestling the firearm from Wilson? Would Brown's criminal behaviours have stopped if he had not crossed paths with Wilson?

If this was a young man riding home on his bike after shopping at the convenience store, stopped by police, and then shot dead... I'd be as outraged as you. However... this isn't exactly the case.

And are you suggesting, given all we know from the past regarding people's reactions to such decisions, that the state make no preparations at all? Do you actually think that would be wise?
    brown did not provoke a confrontation with wilson. wilson drove up to him and told him to "get the fuck out of the street." wilson drove up to him with typical hardass cop posturing and provoked the whole thing.