Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    norm said:

I have yet to read an offending post on this page.

and you're the expert on those ;):))
    Glad you noticed that! ;)
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

RE#
    My answer your post is this (my questions aren't at you but questions in general)...I think that is exactly what people want, fairness and equality. I think people want evidence, facts and justice served. Do you think in this particular case, we have gotten it? Do you think facts, evidence and justice has been served and laws followed? The facts and evidence I rely on cannot be called rumor and cannot be spun, twisted by any news source blog or otherwise. Can a reasonable person applying simple logic to what little facts and evidence release make any sense to what the authorities have said and put forth? Are we to believe what the authorities have told us?
    its indisputable that Wilson never filed an incident report which he is required to do by LAW? Have you seen the incident report that was released weeks later, after several sunshine law requests? It says nothing. Why wasn't a police report filed when an officer was involved in killing a person? Why not a video statement from Wilson describing exactly what went down to cause him to use lethal force immediately after the incident?
    Can the distance between Browns body and Wilson's SUV be disputed twisted or spun? Why would the police report that the distance was 35 feet when its actually around 100 feet?
    Ignoring the 6 eyewitnesses accounts, can real time audio and video of 2 construction workers not far from the scene be disputed twisted or spun? Why seconds after Wilson gunned down Brown would 2 construction workers say he stopped turned around and had his hands up while motioning with their hands up?
    Its a fact that even before Browns body, which lay dead in the street for 4.5 hours (why did it lay there so long?) was removed, Wilson was consulting with police union reps and an attorney. Why? What did Wilson do wrong to need an attorney so quickly? If by law you are innocent until proven guilty (which didn't apply to Brown) and Wilson followed the laws then why did Wilson run and hide from the law that he is sworn to uphold?
    You don't think this stinks to high heavens? What is taking the grand jury so long to decide whether or not to indict? What could they possibly be deliberating over? Is this the longest grand jury decision about a cop in US history? Remember this is an indictment, not a trial, this is the first step in the legal process to see if there was wrongdoing. There's a saying that a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, is the opposite true?
    Why the state of emergency, is it even legal for a governor to declare a state of emergency over a grand jury decision (another first in US history)?
    I can go on and on... so I ask where is this due process you mention? where was it for Brown? where is it for Wilson?

Your questions are fair... and Wilson clearly crossed the line. But you really seem to ignore the other side to this issue. Here's some questions you might not necessarily like given your propensity to tout Brown as an angel (or at least never acknowledge the fact that he was the root of this problem):

Why did Brown rob the convenience store? Why did Brown provoke a confrontation with the police? Was the struggle at some point in time a 'life and death' fight for Wilson? Why did Brown only relent after he lost the upper hand in this altercation? Would Brown have exercised restraint if he had succeeded in wrestling the firearm from Wilson? Would Brown's criminal behaviours have stopped if he had not crossed paths with Wilson?

If this was a young man riding home on his bike after shopping at the convenience store, stopped by police, and then shot dead... I'd be as outraged as you. However... this isn't exactly the case.

And are you suggesting, given all we know from the past regarding people's reactions to such decisions, that the state make no preparations at all? Do you actually think that would be wise?
    brown did not provoke a confrontation with wilson. wilson drove up to him and told him to "get the fuck out of the street." wilson drove up to him with typical hardass cop posturing and provoked the whole thing.
    In your other post, you seemed incredulous at why someone would be going for a cop's gun- stating that would not be the first thing you'd do if confronted by an officer of the law. I ask you... exactly what frame of mind was Brown in when, immediately following robbing a convenience store, he brazenly walked down the middle of the street?

To my way of thinking, if I had just robbed a convenience store... I would not be walking down the middle of the street. I would be slinking through alleyways and trying to get home with my loot. If I was walking down the middle of the street instead of slinking through alleyways freshly after committing a crime... I'm thinking that I'm the man and I'm ready for anything.

You say typical hardass cop posturing provoked the whole thing... I say typical badass criminal fuck everyone attitude provoked the whole thing.
    people brazenly walk down the middle of the street here all the time. that is city life here. there are reports that wilson did not know about the robbery. i am saying he did not have to take the tone he took with brown. "get the fuck out of the street" is what started this. this attitude that brown was somehow below him. what it boils down to is brown was jaywalking, and instead of getting a ticket he got executed.
    Say nothing of the fact he tried to wrestle a cop's gun away. This was a small detail you managed to leave out.
    Define fact?
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I admit my facts on Ferguson, and I'm not trying to be in civil. But it's ridiculous to say this kid was murdered. He was WARNED.
    JC29856 said:

dignin said:

Please whispering, stick to the facts. We don't know if Brown went for Wilsons gun. That's Wilsons story, why do you take it as gospel?

Actually the going for the gun isn't from Wilson. The going for the gun is from leaks and/or from Josie"
    I just know I've heard this account from more than one take in this.. And yeah, you'd be surprised how many people think they can do that. And who is Josie? As fir the leaks, a lot if that falls under the lies category, which pisses me off! If him going for the gun was in fact a fabrication then I stand corrected. But I highly doubt it. Yes, it is stupid, but most criminals DO stupid stuff! I can totally see this guy doing this given what he'd already done. Either way, he WAS supposedly warned to stop, or risk being shot. He declined.
  • Options
    Here are some facts about police lying about the robbery video...."overwhelming FOIA requests", yet the facts say there wasn't 1

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/did-ferguson-police-chief-mislead-public-about-robbery-video/article_f5ed9c93-8d40-5585-8f6d-a7767db8ae67.html?mobile_touch=true
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

JC29856 said:

RE#
    My answer your post is this (my questions aren't at you but questions in general)...I think that is exactly what people want, fairness and equality. I think people want evidence, facts and justice served. Do you think in this particular case, we have gotten it? Do you think facts, evidence and justice has been served and laws followed? The facts and evidence I rely on cannot be called rumor and cannot be spun, twisted by any news source blog or otherwise. Can a reasonable person applying simple logic to what little facts and evidence release make any sense to what the authorities have said and put forth? Are we to believe what the authorities have told us?
    its indisputable that Wilson never filed an incident report which he is required to do by LAW? Have you seen the incident report that was released weeks later, after several sunshine law requests? It says nothing. Why wasn't a police report filed when an officer was involved in killing a person? Why not a video statement from Wilson describing exactly what went down to cause him to use lethal force immediately after the incident?
    Can the distance between Browns body and Wilson's SUV be disputed twisted or spun? Why would the police report that the distance was 35 feet when its actually around 100 feet?
    Ignoring the 6 eyewitnesses accounts, can real time audio and video of 2 construction workers not far from the scene be disputed twisted or spun? Why seconds after Wilson gunned down Brown would 2 construction workers say he stopped turned around and had his hands up while motioning with their hands up?
    Its a fact that even before Browns body, which lay dead in the street for 4.5 hours (why did it lay there so long?) was removed, Wilson was consulting with police union reps and an attorney. Why? What did Wilson do wrong to need an attorney so quickly? If by law you are innocent until proven guilty (which didn't apply to Brown) and Wilson followed the laws then why did Wilson run and hide from the law that he is sworn to uphold?
    You don't think this stinks to high heavens? What is taking the grand jury so long to decide whether or not to indict? What could they possibly be deliberating over? Is this the longest grand jury decision about a cop in US history? Remember this is an indictment, not a trial, this is the first step in the legal process to see if there was wrongdoing. There's a saying that a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, is the opposite true?
    Why the state of emergency, is it even legal for a governor to declare a state of emergency over a grand jury decision (another first in US history)?
    I can go on and on... so I ask where is this due process you mention? where was it for Brown? where is it for Wilson?

Your questions are fair... and Wilson clearly crossed the line. But you really seem to ignore the other side to this issue. Here's some questions you might not necessarily like given your propensity to tout Brown as an angel (or at least never acknowledge the fact that he was the root of this problem):

Why did Brown rob the convenience store? Why did Brown provoke a confrontation with the police? Was the struggle at some point in time a 'life and death' fight for Wilson? Why did Brown only relent after he lost the upper hand in this altercation? Would Brown have exercised restraint if he had succeeded in wrestling the firearm from Wilson? Would Brown's criminal behaviours have stopped if he had not crossed paths with Wilson?

If this was a young man riding home on his bike after shopping at the convenience store, stopped by police, and then shot dead... I'd be as outraged as you. However... this isn't exactly the case.

And are you suggesting, given all we know from the past regarding people's reactions to such decisions, that the state make no preparations at all? Do you actually think that would be wise?
    brown did not provoke a confrontation with wilson. wilson drove up to him and told him to "get the fuck out of the street." wilson drove up to him with typical hardass cop posturing and provoked the whole thing.
    In your other post, you seemed incredulous at why someone would be going for a cop's gun- stating that would not be the first thing you'd do if confronted by an officer of the law. I ask you... exactly what frame of mind was Brown in when, immediately following robbing a convenience store, he brazenly walked down the middle of the street?

To my way of thinking, if I had just robbed a convenience store... I would not be walking down the middle of the street. I would be slinking through alleyways and trying to get home with my loot. If I was walking down the middle of the street instead of slinking through alleyways freshly after committing a crime... I'm thinking that I'm the man and I'm ready for anything.

You say typical hardass cop posturing provoked the whole thing... I say typical badass criminal fuck everyone attitude provoked the whole thing.
    people brazenly walk down the middle of the street here all the time. that is city life here. there are reports that wilson did not know about the robbery. i am saying he did not have to take the tone he took with brown. "get the fuck out of the street" is what started this. this attitude that brown was somehow below him. what it boils down to is brown was jaywalking, and instead of getting a ticket he got executed.
    Say nothing of the fact he tried to wrestle a cop's gun away. This was a small detail you managed to leave out.
    allegedly! It sucks that it is an accusation for which there is never proof...though there is some evidence. Not enough IMO
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185

I admit my facts on Ferguson, and I'm not trying to be in civil. But it's ridiculous to say this kid was murdered. He was WARNED.

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

Please whispering, stick to the facts. We don't know if Brown went for Wilsons gun. That's Wilsons story, why do you take it as gospel?

Actually the going for the gun isn't from Wilson. The going for the gun is from leaks and/or from Josie"
    I just know I've heard this account from more than one take in this.. And yeah, you'd be surprised how many people think they can do that. And who is Josie? As fir the leaks, a lot if that falls under the lies category, which pisses me off! If him going for the gun was in fact a fabrication then I stand corrected. But I highly doubt it. Yes, it is stupid, but most criminals DO stupid stuff! I can totally see this guy doing this given what he'd already done. Either way, he WAS supposedly warned to stop, or risk being shot. He declined.
    The EYEWITNESSES say otherwise...see the link posted this morning. The two construction workers say that the cop was blasting away not saying a damn word while the kid had his hands up.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Again too PC.. How dare that white ifficer defend himself cause the guy threatening his life happens to be black!!! 80% of Ferguson IS BLACK!!! 10% is Latin, and the Caucasian percentage?? Why is it people can't wrap their heads around that. Does the race oercentage have a factor in the gang population fuck no! That's a choice, there can be just as many white gangs as black or any other race! That is ignorance. What pisses me off is peoe are saying this kid was MURDERED. What if he'd gotten ahold of the weapon and HE KILLED WILSON, as he ran?? Would that be murder? Or would the ignorance abound and all the little PC pussies say it was self defense? My money is on that scenario being labeled as SD. Why? Cause the guy was black .

Let's ignore race for a second.. Say it was two people of the exact same ethnic origin. Now what's your verdict? The sad thing is, is it's the in thing to decide thighs based on a PC principle, which is bullshit. Just like the "facts" in this case keep changing.. I think the officers that lie, should be prosecuted. I think the offending officer should be removed from the line of duty, because further service would remain controversial. But I do not think he was in the wrong. I've spent a weekend in Ferguson, rough town, cops ARE assholes there. But to watch their nightly news, made me appreciate Joplin's stupid meth stories on the news a bit more. ( even though it was just as bad
    From a different end of the spectrum). Quit being so politically correct, cause reality is buried in that context.

Speaking of ignorance at least get your statistics straight...i posted the profiling data Ferguson 63% black 33% white 1% latin.
    Now you were saying?
    And my statistics WERE correct, 15 years ago when I was THERE! But I admit they are off now. S
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

dignin said:

What part of alleged do you people not understand? Brown will never get his day in court.

The demonization of the victim seems to have worked.

Fact is fact Digin.The kid was a criminal.This wasn't some little cherub sitting on a park bench minding his own buisness.I also don't believe for minute he chose to become an upstanding citizen in those heated moments before the kill shots.If he even tried to assault the officer,made any move to threaten Wilson's safety or disobeyed a direct order,therefore giving the impression of threat then everything that happens after is justified and in the line of duty.
    so are you guys saying someone who commits an unarmed robbery deserves to be murdered in the street?
    No.the minute he went for the cop or his weapon he signed a possible death warrant.That was the action that led to the reaction.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

If you don't know who Josie is then you probably should refrain from posting in this thread....and that goes for everybody! Lol
  • Options
    Whispering excellent placement of the C U Next Tuesday word in your post.I like your moxy.I am surrounded by strong opinionated women in my life.I find it refreshing.And I agree with you 100% on your take.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 said:

Here are some facts about police lying about the robbery video...."overwhelming FOIA requests", yet the facts say there wasn't 1

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/did-ferguson-police-chief-mislead-public-about-robbery-video/article_f5ed9c93-8d40-5585-8f6d-a7767db8ae67.html?mobile_touch=true

Thank God he had the Balls to release that video. So are you saying people should not see with THEIR OWN EYES what kind of MAN Mike Brown was? You would rather hear from eye witnesses that all seem to have their own agenda than actual VIDEO of a thug doing what they do… I am so confused. I
  • Options
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

Thank God he had the Balls to release that video. So are you saying people should not see with THEIR OWN EYES what kind of MAN Mike Brown was? You would rather hear from eye witnesses that all seem to have their own agenda than actual VIDEO of a thug doing what they do… I am so confused. I
    Is that what you take from that? Interesting
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And in other news....
    New York City police commissioner says "accidental discharge" from police officer's weapon may have killed man in Brooklyn.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

If you don't know who Josie is then you probably should refrain from posting in this thread....and that goes for everybody! Lol
    I had no idea who Josie was either. Why would I? Did a search just now, first time aware of this.

Please know (and maybe be considerate of the fact) that not everyone is following every single item out there on this - and yet still can contribute thoughts same as anyone.

Despite the "lol", couldn't tell if you were being condescending or genuinely kidding.

• Options
    On Aug 15th when questioned why the video was released the same day as Wilson identity was released because the video has nothing to do with the incident the chief of police stated that we had several foia requests. Information obtained later proves that not one person or organization requested the video via foia.
    The balls he had weren't about releasing the video it was the balls to lie about foia requests!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

I had no idea who Josie was either. Why would I? Did a search just now, first time aware of this.

Please know (and maybe be considerate of the fact) that not everyone is following every single item out there on this - and yet still can contribute thoughts same as anyone.

Despite the "lol", couldn't tell if you were being condescending or genuinely kidding.

Is it that much to ask that people know wtf they are talking about? You think Josie falls under the every little detail?
    Like i said if your commenting here and don't know about Josie then you probably shouldn't comment at all....but I'm glad i could shed light on Josie for those that don't know wtf they're talking about.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 said:

And in other news....
    New York City police commissioner says "accidental discharge" from police officer's weapon may have killed man in Brooklyn.

Boy JC you seem to real hate the Police…You seem to have a lot of time on your hands with the qualified fact finding research you always seem to post. Care to answer a question many first responders ask themselves daily??? What if the Police left and area like Ferguson or the Ghettos of Chicago for a fews days and let the people police themselves? I have heard that request countless of times over the years working the ghetto…whatcha think??? Anyone else care to chime in?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Hasn't the medical examiner ruled that the wound to Brown's thumb and wrist was caused by a close-range shot that is consistent with Wilson's story?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

Is it that much to ask that people know wtf they are talking about? You think Josie falls under the every little detail?
    Like i said if your commenting here and don't know about Josie then you probably shouldn't comment at all....but I'm glad i could shed light on Josie for those that don't know wtf they're talking about.
    But there ya go - instead of the incredulous point-and-laugh stance of "how can you not know this?", sharing of information might go a longer way.

I've been learning much via the Israel threads from people making their points reasonably and without disdain for those who may not be as informed. And, I've made a few comments in them (without fear OR retribution!).

• Options
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

And in other news....

Boy JC you seem to real hate the Police…You seem to have a lot of time on your hands with the qualified fact finding research you always seem to post. Care to answer a question many first responders ask themselves daily??? What if the Police left and area like Ferguson or the Ghettos of Chicago for a fews days and let the people police themselves? I have heard that request countless of times over the years working the ghetto…whatcha think??? Anyone else care to chime in?
    I would venture to guess that blacks being killed by police would go from every 28 hours to none at all...but that's just my guess.

Btw, why do i answer the questions put forth to me yet nobody answers my questions?

Do the facts scare you? Are they inconvenient? Isn't it my duty as an American citizen to be "aware"?
    I blame pearl jam for my citizenry, i fell on love 5.13.92, i couldn't help myself so don't blame me blame them.
  • Options
    Lawlessness,anarchy and all he'll breaking loose.You know when someone is threatening your family or mom has a heart attack or a gunman gets into the school grounds or the buisness owner is being robbed blind who needs law enforcement.
    You guys are only here to shoot innocent people of color and harass peaceful protesters with rubber bullets right??? I'm sure people being all stand up and all will make sure to look after each other.Gangs won't threaten people and criminals will not think about the free pass they have so yeah it would be much better if you guys just continued to drink coffee and eat donuts.sheesh
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Hasn't the medical examiner ruled that the wound to Brown's thumb and wrist was caused by a close-range shot that is consistent with Wilson's story?

Or could it be consistent with Johnson story that Wilson pulled a gun on Brown. If someone within arms length pulls a gun on you, what's your reaction?
  • Options
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

And in other news....

I honestly think they SHOULD bail on them. But first remove the innocents. Any whoo... Back to our regularly scheduled arguments.. I mean debate.

I honestly read most of these statements, and can tell the sheltered people from this who've seen this from a realistic standpoint. But that is another topic entirely. And Hedo is right.. Not all of us get off on eating up and spewing out statistics and name dropping... None the less that is off topic..

Back to the shifts of sand.. I mean statistics and facts. Apparently because I don't know if the name you dropped I'm not worthy of this conversation.. That's ok.. It's getting ridiculous beyond the worth and value of my time.. Enjoy your tug if war:) . I'm gonna go do something productive with my day.... :-)
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Whispering excellent placement of the C U Next Tuesday word in your post.I like your moxy.I am surrounded by strong opinionated women in my life.I find it refreshing.And I agree with you 100% on your take.

Hahaha! That's a first!! And thanks.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Someone please direct me to Wilson story? I keep reading Wilson's story....where exactly is Wilson's story?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

Or could it be consistent with Johnson story that Wilson pulled a gun on Brown. If someone within arms length pulls a gun on you, what's your reaction?
    If it was a police officer my reaction would be to put my hands up, not to try and wrestle the gun away from him.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

But there ya go - instead of the incredulous point-and-laugh stance of "how can you not know this?", sharing of information might go a longer way.

I've been learning much via the Israel threads from people making their points reasonably and without disdain for those who may not be as informed. And, I've made a few comments in them (without fear OR retribution!).

Hedonist...sorry but you have to take the good with the bad these days. PJ has in whatever form or spin-off opened many eyes including mine, I'm forever grateful. At the end of the day, it's just the internet, you and i cannot control injustices, one day we will, but for now we can only imagine. Thank god we're still alive!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

If it was a police officer my reaction would be to put my hands up, not to try and wrestle the gun away from him.

Thanks for the answer....what would you do IF the officer said, I'll shoot you and fired off a shot in your direction? Would you...
    A. Raise your hands to surrender
    B. Push the gun away from your direction

(Still looking for Wilson's story)
  • Options
    Muskydan
    I don't like murders, liars and pregnant women rapists, or any rapist for that matter, but i especially don't like pregnant woman rapists.