Police abuse

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    "I'm greatly concerned about how this painting portrays the police," Denver Chief of Police Robert White said in the release. " I look forward to having a conversation with the student and her parents."

Student art piece — cop in a KKK hood — prompts Denver meeting

He concerned how student art portrays police not how police portray police?

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29673559/student-art-piece-cop-kkk-hood-prompts-denver
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

JC29856 said:

Have a joke to lighten the mood around here?
    How many cops does it take to handcuff and arrest a single non resisting male?

Your jokes are stupid. Not quite as stupid as most of your posts, but stupid for sure... not to mention sorely out of place.

Your agenda is to paint cops as buffoons- we get it. Only... do you have any clue how you come across while trying to do so and how your tact backfires?
    Oh Pretty Please answer Thirty's question?????
    Another one of my favorite type videos. Not sure what I like watching more Palestinian terrorists bleed out videos or scared cops bullet braining pets.

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/nypd-shoots-kills-bronx-family-beloved-dog-graphic-article-1.2576863
  • JC29856 said:

Another one of my favorite type videos. Not sure what I like watching more Palestinian terrorists bleed out videos or scared cops bullet braining pets.

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/nypd-shoots-kills-bronx-family-beloved-dog-graphic-article-1.2576863

You sure talk tuff with all that 'scaredy cat cop' blabber you relentlessly toss out there. I wonder if you are? I wonder if you're a really tough guy- some ex-marine/seal type and not some pencil pushing, man bun, lightweight. You might be... but my experience tells me that when guys talk the way you do... the ex-marine/seal type and the like isn't the source.

Want me to post the video of the two pitbulls that ripped the guys throat out- wagging their tails as they did it? Cops don't need to get bit before they defend themselves. If you argue differently... you're an idiot in my humble opinion.

And keep your f**king pitbull from getting outside your apartment door when people knock on it. Further... wtf do you have a pitbull living inside an apartment for? I bet that dog got the run it needs. Goofy.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Sometimes you do need a picture to amplify thoughts.
  • JC29856 said:
    An unarmed man getting gunned down isn't a punchline.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

JC29856 said:
    And neither are the men and women who put their lives on the line, I am a big critic of police work, but I don't condone JC's tactics, they are juvenile and they detract from a serious issue.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Serious issue.

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/criminal-justice/2016/03/26/nypd-puts-a-freeze-on-promotions-after-cheating-allegations.html

7% passed the exam as scheduled
    48% passed the reschedule make up date examwhen most knew the answers
  • rgambs said:

JC29856 said:
    And neither are the men and women who put their lives on the line, I am a big critic of police work, but I don't condone JC's tactics, they are juvenile and they detract from a serious issue.
    Absolutely. That video specifically is a tough situation. A mentally ill man with a hose nozzle painted black in his waist. People reported he had a gun. Yes the police acted quickly, but what is the appropriate amount of time to find out if he really had a weapon?
  • rgambs said:

JC29856 said:
    Absolutely. That video specifically is a tough situation. A mentally ill man with a hose nozzle painted black in his waist. People reported he had a gun. Yes the police acted quickly, but what is the appropriate amount of time to find out if he really had a weapon?
    I appreciate this and RGs last post.

This post, in particular, illustrates how challenging the police job has become.

JC (and others for that matter) thinks a cop should take a bullet or be assaulted or attacked by a reputationally ferocious dog before they resort to defending themselves.

While I can get behind any situation where it is clearly illustrated that a cop was excessive and brutal (I've been outspoken in the Rice and Thomas situations)... I am a million miles from thinking cops are worthless and signing up to do that job means getting hurt or killed before risking a mistake.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Cops are robbers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/23/cops-took-more-stuff-from-people-than-burglars-did-last-year/

In 2014, for the first time ever, law enforcement officers took more property from American citizens than burglars did.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,591
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,239
    Maybe not "abuse" but I thought this was pretty crazy. My girlfriends aunt was going through a green light and was T-boned by a cop who was going through a red light without his lights or siren on. Her car rolled over twice and landed upside down, some how some way she was perfectly ok but the experience has been pretty mentally trying for her.

So what noble cause was this cop chasing after? Someone who ran a red light. This same cop was also allegedly letting women get out of speeding tickets if they gave him their number. As of right now this cop is still on the force and it doesn't appear that he'll be getting any type of major punishment.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Pretty damning report Cliff.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Had to bite my tongue Wednesday when one of our well-respected and decorated local cops called the Orlando massacre as "a good start" without a smile or a chuckle.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,862
    rgambs said:

Had to bite my tongue Wednesday when one of our well-respected and decorated local cops called the Orlando massacre as "a good start" without a smile or a chuckle.

Can a cop say that and keep his job??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    I'm joining this topic late, I know. No matter what profession you talk about there is always bad apples. If you're not in education you probably have no idea how many teachers are involved with sex scandals, its sick. Some cops are going to be bad. But I don't think it I proportionally higher than any other occupation, and probably actually far less due to the background checks while hiring.
    Early in the thread there was a discussion on Eric Gardner (cigarette guy). They did not target him, they responded to calls made by local store owners. Imagine the complains they would have if they called police and no one showed up to assist with someone loitering and illegally selling cigarettes.
    They did not choke him to death, he died of cardiac arrest (heart attack because he was 400 lbs) and not even on the scene. Maybe it was triggered by the situation, but he was not choked to death as media reported for days. Any police officer will tell you they put the hold on him as trained because he was refusing. He refused to cooperate and leave so force was required. Did he deserve to die? Absolutely not. But the police did exactly as trained when someone resists. If you think it is too forceful that is a different argument, talk about retraining police.
    Michael Brown never had his hands up, that was proven with physical evidence and several eye witnesses who didn't seek media attention. Most of the "witnesses" were proved to lie and many to not even have been on the scene. Yet Daren Wilson is thrown under the bus anyway, Media, NFL players, Jackson, Shapiro and even government want to see him hang without even considering the evidence. In fact I saw an interview only played once where a black congresswomen from WA state when asked about the physical evidence not supporting the hands up don't shoot she responded "I don't care about the facts, he [Wilson] needs to be prosecuted." Why was that not all over the news, a congresswoman pleading to ignore physical evidence and arrest someone anyway.
    Then we wonder why police are reluctant to enter south Chicago and other high crime areas, and now we see crime rates skyrocket and scratch our heads why.
    Yes, there are some bad apples-I don't remember the name but he incident in South Carolina looks like flat our murder, and I believe that cop was already arrested and in jail for that and deserves to be there. But I also truly believe most cops took that job and risk their lives because they want to help.
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Hahaha seriously? He'd be more likely to get a commendation!
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Hahaha seriously? He'd be more likely to get a commendation!
    Really? I don't think a cop could get away with that here. He'd be forced to resign anyway. Okay, that's not the same as being fired, but still.
    Anyway, that's really fucked up. Even if he thought it, it's disturbing that any cop can be stupid enough to say it out loud in public.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    It's looney season again apparently.

Man shot dead by police in front of woman and child during traffic stop in Minnesota
    Unverified Facebook Live video shows man bleeding in the driver's seat while officer stands at the window

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/minnesota-police-shooting-1.3668185

Thought this was the more appropriate thread.
    dignin said:

Man shot dead by police in front of woman and child during traffic stop in Minnesota
    Unverified Facebook Live video shows man bleeding in the driver's seat while officer stands at the window

Straight up murder.
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

Straight up murder.
    Sure looks that way. It seems like open season on black men again.

Is it the summer temperature? Or was a memo sent out to all PD's saying "the heat is off, you can go about your business of killing black men again"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,169
    Some police statistics for the first 6 months of 2016........

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/07/05/3794553/police-killings-2016/

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited July 2016
    g under p said:

Peace

1. race can be thrown out of this whole debate with those stats that came from a liberal website at that

2. that's a lot of people killed at the hands of police for whatever reason, but im sure between my city and Chicago the murder rate makes that small

• PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

Straight up murder.
    Sure looks that way. It seems like open season on black men again.

Is it the summer temperature? Or was a memo sent out to all PD's saying "the heat is off, you can go about your business of killing black men again"
    That will go on my list of top 5 dumbest things I've read on AMT!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited July 2016
    pjalive21 said:

g under p said:

Peace

1. race can be thrown out of this whole debate with those stats that came from a liberal website at that

2. that's a lot of people killed at the hands of police for whatever reason, but im sure between my city and Chicago the murder rate makes that small

Good god. It is that hard to see that there is a racism problem with law enforcement? Our resident cop is a perfect example...
    pjalive21 said:

g under p said:

Peace

More info, please take the time to look at this

https://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/police-killing-of-blacks/
This discussion has been closed.