Police abuse

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^^ :tired_face: Holy SHIT. Is this HUGE NEWS and causing a massive uproar and investigations into every force across the nation as it should be? Or are people trying to ignore it? (I just cancelled my cable news bundle along with some others - trimmed my cable bill by $40! But now I am more out of touch, lol).

No, this isn't news at all. Those who are wise to what police are up to are not at all surprised and those who think 99% of cops are "good" will just sweep it under the rug as unproven or anecdotal.

Blacklivesmatter exists for a reason, but mostly they are viewed with a discriminatory lens and they are constantly belittled.
    Do you personally know anyone actively involved in the black lives matter movement? Better yet, have you ever marched w/ any of them in protest? Your opinion of these people might be different if you said no to any of those questions.
    I haven't marched, I don't know any organizers, but I do know a couple that marched in a demonstration in Cleveland. An optometrist and a chiropractor, absolutely wonderful people. I know you have a low opinion of anyone of protests, so I am guessing you think particularly poorly of the group.

Do you know any cops who have planted drugs on innocent black people? Your opinion of the black lives matter folks might be different if you answered yes to that question. Or would it?
    Interesting... I Respect the opinions of people who form opinions on real life experience, and not garbage read or hear say, I guess that's what happens when people lie to you the time.

To answer your question, NO... Never had too, the gangbanging shitheads I have had the pleasure of dealing w/ are too stupid. If they don't have the dope on them today, they will have it on them tomr or the next. But that's a thing of the past since all pro-active police work is over...atleast in my town. Wait till you see the spike in Homicides in certain areas the next couple years here...
    What kind of cop are you?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,085
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^ Good answer.

Musky, I find it kind of sad that you are so against protests. Because it is that kind of thing that made America, and that kind of freedom of expression that still makes America a place that people want to live (although I'm starting to wonder why that is still a thing!).

Who said I am against protesters??? I love them. Other than their stench and bad breath. I have set a personal record in OT $ this year working these protests. Flying to New Zealand in Feb first class good. I love it's the hip thing to do now for uninformed foolish college students that tend to be about 90% of participants of these protests. The other 10 % are the aggressors that damage property and block streets who eventually get thumped and locked up. Bring it on.
    well thank mother nature that not all of america thinks like you if it was up to you this country would still have slaves ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Goodness, I am pretty sure the definition of irony is a republican tax payer funded police officer buying a $10k plane ticket.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Goodness, I am pretty sure the definition of irony is a republican tax payer funded police officer buying a $10k plane ticket.

$2600.00 actually. You know, police Discount/my cousin is a big shot w/ the airlines.

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^ Good answer.

Musky, I find it kind of sad that you are so against protests. Because it is that kind of thing that made America, and that kind of freedom of expression that still makes America a place that people want to live (although I'm starting to wonder why that is still a thing!).

Who said I am against protesters??? I love them. Other than their stench and bad breath. I have set a personal record in OT $ this year working these protests. Flying to New Zealand in Feb first class good. I love it's the hip thing to do now for uninformed foolish college students that tend to be about 90% of participants of these protests. The other 10 % are the aggressors that damage property and block streets who eventually get thumped and locked up. Bring it on.
    well thank mother nature that not all of america thinks like you if it was up to you this country would still have slaves ....
    That was not nice.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited December 2015
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^ Good answer.

That was not nice.
    But true. (pretty sure he didn`t mean to say you`re racist. I think he meant to say that civil disobedience and/or strong resistance to injustices provided and provides America with its freedom, and that has been especially true for black people (and they still have further to go). You seem to be against civil disobedience and/or resistance to injustices though.... so yeah. What he said is true).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^ Good answer.

That was not nice.
    But true. (pretty sure he didn`t mean to say you`re racist. I think he meant to say that civil disobedience and/or strong resistance to injustices provided and provides America with its freedom, and that has been especially true for black people (and they still have further to go). You seem to be against civil disobedience and/or resistance to injustices though.... so yeah. What he said is true).
    Get the Fuck out of here, of course he was referring to me . And you are wrong, I am not against civil disobedience in my city. See, the knucklheads here don't protest or torch their neighborhoods like they did in Ferguson. They come to the tax paying areas like the Mag Mile downtown to interrupt business, block traffic and destroy property. Tourist and families, most w/ young children who just want to shop and enjoy all the wonderful things the MAg Mile has to offer get a front row seat to a behavior they would never get a chance to see. Its truly a eye opener and awakening for many.
    Blocking traffic is another brilliant tactic these future brain surgeons like to do. If you really want to piss off people and totally negate any sort of sympathy they might have towards their cause, block traffic for a couple of hours downtown.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,085
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^ Good answer.

That was not nice.
    Get the Fuck out of here, of course he was referring to me . And you are wrong, I am not against civil disobedience in my city. See, the knucklheads here don't protest or torch their neighborhoods like they did in Ferguson. They come to the tax paying areas like the Mag Mile downtown to interrupt business, block traffic and destroy property. Tourist and families, most w/ young children who just want to shop and enjoy all the wonderful things the MAg Mile has to offer get a front row seat to a behavior they would never get a chance to see. Its truly a eye opener and awakening for many.
    Blocking traffic is another brilliant tactic these future brain surgeons like to do. If you really want to piss off people and totally negate any sort of sympathy they might have towards their cause, block traffic for a couple of hours downtown.
    Ok i don't know you from a hole in the wall so for me to state that your are a bigot is wrong i admitt that , but the way you come off around here sure seems to point in that direction , people will protest where they can get the most coverage and attention where would you like the protesters to march in the mountains where none will know about it they have to march where they will get the most exposure .....But like PJ soul said with out protest this country would still have so many injustices surely you can see that .........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Wow,what a contempt filled bunch of posts.
    Some of you are sounding petty and high school caddy.Some of you do gooders sure are saying some mean shit.because you don't agree.
    Many of us on here have a differing view from the company line liberal crap that gets thrown around into every thread.Maybe life experience has affected us in a way to help form our views.Much like yours have.The difference is we respect your way of thinking,But we become rascists and haters.For stating ours.Im not a rascist,nor is Dan.Some of us just don't get caught up in the over PC ness of society now.

Dan was 100% right about the latest stupid clown show BLM did in Chicago.Im sure there is some good people with good intentions that marched but the movement itself has jumped the shark.They just look like fools now.Much like those squatter brat college kids did during the occupy Wall Street nonsense.Made a big difference didn't it?

The voice of the people is the fabric of our society and it should not be squashed.I get that and protect that.But the voice of the Buisness owners,civilians,city workers and first responders that are affected by these demonstrations must also be heard.And respected.

Of course there are some bad apples amongst the ranks in law enforcement.Those few isolated breaches of trust get a lot of attention.and should.its a breach of confidence and trust.Thise bad seeds should be held fully accountable.
    But that is nothing compared to the crimes committed by the thugs that Rob,steal,murder and rape all day everyday.The only thing that is going to come from all this over the top cop hate is a less secure society and criminals that will feel they can exploit that weakness.It sounds like a few of you have not a clue of what's to come with the future of both race relations and policing in our urban areas.
    edited December 2015
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^ Good answer.

That was not nice.
    What? Yeah, i know he was referring to you. I just said that he wasn't calling you racist (although now it looks like I was mistaken!).
    I don't support destruction of property or violence. But peaceful protest, including disruption of normal business, I absolutely support.
    Trust me, I know what protests look like (both violent and non-violent). I live in Vancouver. People love protesting here, lol. And unless they get violent or destructive, I support their right to do it, no matter what my feelings are on the subject at hand. I don't consider people being inconvenienced or tourists being disruptive during a shopping spree even close to good reasons to shut down free speech and the right to protest.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    How does blocking traffic work when an ambulance or fire truck need to get through?

It was brilliant when we had people here blocking FREEWAY LANES in the dark.

All lives matter. Protest, fine. But don't put others at risk in the process.
    hedonist said:

How does blocking traffic work when an ambulance or fire truck need to get through?

I have seen this happen more than once. In one case the people moved. No prob. In the other case the police moved them with tear gas.
    Traffic is blocked by all kinds of things on a regular basis. Construction, parades, accidents, traffic jams, fans coming out of a stadium, a moose in the street... whatever. I don't feel like that is the issue here.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

I have seen this happen more than once. In one case the people moved. No prob. In the other case the police moved them with tear gas.
    Traffic is blocked by all kinds of things on a regular basis. Construction, parades, accidents, traffic jams, fans coming out of a stadium, a moose in the street... whatever. I don't feel like that is the issue here.
    Silly sports games get a pass, dontcha know?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    But most of those are planned for, and I assume prior communication happens with first responders. Moose, random animals, are just doing their thing; no intention to fuck with people.
    edited December 2015
    hedonist said:

But most of those are planned for, and I assume prior communication happens with first responders. Moose, random animals, are just doing their thing; no intention to fuck with people.

Planned in advance doesn't make that much difference when roads get blocked by sports fans and concert goers, people don't seem to mind because it's for entertainment... Let a group do it for social change and suddenly it's childish? Bullshit! Sports are childish, not protesters!
    Drunken, disorderly, aggressive, confrontational, dangerous... Eh who cares, they saw touchdowns and home runs.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    I'm not advocating idiot fans going nuts whether or not their team loses. Many times I've spoken to their stupidity in flipping cars and looting and lighting shit on fire. To what end?

Just as bad as the other scenarios, and I think in most major cities that reaction is taken into account.

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    <double post
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Planned in advance doesn't make that much difference when roads get blocked by sports fans and concert goers, people don't seem to mind because it's for entertainment... Let a group do it for social change and suddenly it's childish? Bullshit! Sports are childish, not protesters!
    Drunken, disorderly, aggressive, confrontational, dangerous... Eh who cares, they saw touchdowns and home runs.

Roads get an increase in foot traffic and vehicle traffic after any stadium event.
    PJ concerts included.
    Unless there are riots it is accepted as a normal event for an hour or so.
    Not sure why you seem so upset and call it childish.
    Sports are childish? Really? They are a form of entertainment.
    Ignorant, obtrusive traffic blocking, protesters are childish and need not be part of a civil society.
    What has your rant about sports and sports fans got to do with police abuse?
    Two different things my bearded friend.A civil unrest type protest that targets a high foot traffic commercial and tourist area during buisness hours is nothing like a ball game or concert that gets out at 10 -11 pm and is the norm for the communities and law enforcement that work and live in the area.
    1000 protesters blocking all traffic and impending commerce is quite another animal.
    For the record.The car flippers,trash can on fire,drunken sports fan, we won the cup/series/super bowl instigators are also morons and thugs.
    edited December 2015
    There is a big difference. Sport are for fun (and i like sports). Protests are for improving lives (usually). I think that traffic disturbances are worth out right to protest.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Think if you feel disenfranchised. Seen your kind gunned down, you could give a crap about impending g traffic. Now giving a white cop overtime that hates your guts.........???
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callen said:

Think if you feel disenfranchised. Seen your kind gunned down, you could give a crap about impending g traffic. Now giving a white cop overtime that hates your guts.........???

Think if you're a cop that routinely comes to scenes marked with blood and violence. Think, for a few seconds at least, how that might affect you.

F**k... we have people on this forum that routinely blast the planet and society for what they read in various other threads- lamenting, in poetic and we'll versed fashion no less, how the world with all its misery needs a control-alt-delete... yet they are the highest critics of the people that mop up the blood- the people that don't just read the shit, but get routinely f**king soiled with it.

A horrible job. Absolutely f**king horrible.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

Think if you're a cop that routinely comes to scenes marked with blood and violence. Think, for a few seconds at least, how that might affect you.

F**k... we have people on this forum that routinely blast the planet and society for what they read in various other threads- lamenting, in poetic and we'll versed fashion no less, how the world with all its misery needs a control-alt-delete... yet they are the highest critics of the people that mop up the blood- the people that don't just read the shit, but get routinely f**king soiled with it.

A horrible job. Absolutely f**king horrible.
    Oh I agree. Cops have it tough. Especially in cities. Try to thank them in my city every opportunity I get.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Assuming the widely believed theory that racism is widespread throughout police forces...

Do cops become racist... or do racists become cops?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 37,526

Assuming the widely believed theory that racism is widespread throughout police forces...

Relaxing of some basic standards back in the 80's and 90's to combat the crack that exploded due in large part to crack cocaine.

Wager though on your question its a bit of both. With a fair measure of Us vs the "Animals (and everyone not in a uniform is an animal) mentality.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Assuming the widely believed theory that racism is widespread throughout police forces...

Relaxing of some basic standards back in the 80's and 90's to combat the crack that exploded due in large part to crack cocaine.

Wager though on your question its a bit of both. With a fair measure of Us vs the "Animals (and everyone not in a uniform is an animal) mentality.
    I agree. Both, with the driving force being the psychological effects of authority. The Stanford Experiment is a great example of how good people have a hard time staying so in authority positions.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Officers who rape: The police brutality chiefs ignore

Scores of women are sexually assaulted by on-duty officers each year. Most departments are doing little to stop it

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2016/1/19/sexual-violence-the-brutality-that-police-chiefs-ignore.html#
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 37,526
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.