Police abuse

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,830
    dignin said:

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

http://chicagoreporter.com/how-chicago-tried-to-cover-up-a-police-execution/

Tell me again about how 99% of cops are good guys. This story plays out again and again, and police apologists brush it aside as anecdotal or unsubstantiated.
    We NEED oversight from the outside.

You are right police need a better oversight in place. However why is there only outcry when a police officer does it? There have been over 2000 shot in Chicago. What has Rahm Emanuel done for the city. It is time the citizens take back the city from the crooks. It is time for the police and the city to work together.
    Because the police are the police and criminals are criminals. When those hired to protect and serve kill and cover it up it's just a little worse.
    Yep, it may be a little worse. But the selective outrage is what drives me nuts. I'm sure it has been talked about around here but where are the protests for something like this? A fucking 9 year old kid murdered by some fucking animal.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/27/us/chicago-tyshawn-lee-arrest/
    I brought this up also.Its not sexy (or hip and PC)to speak out about black on black violence.They can't blame the white cop when those folks are killed at the hands of another black member of the community.In fact I read that over 90% of all black folks killed in this country are killed by other black folks.Only like 2% is killed by whites and even less than that for cops.So maybe we should be looking at where the problem really is.
    Start another thread about that then.
    There already is one - the one where black people are scary. :neutral:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

Daddy issues

Pardon?
    I would be willing to bet a large majority of the men committing these murders,regardless of color have not had the positive influence or guidance of a powerful father figure in their lives.This is epidemic in some of our more ethnic communities.This is fact.
    Can I please see your research?
    Just drive down to Fl and I'll leave it for you on my desk at my office.lol

PJ,you can't tell me you have not heard about the lack of male guidance in some of our more economically depressed areas and how this systemically creates more "bad apples". Large Incarceration rates,Drug addiction and lack of parenting responsibility all are a cause.You want data? Look up any major metropolitan American city.Look at the population of single mothers on welfare and gov assistance.alook at demographics of incarceration.Look at gender and race of crime committing individuals.Its all there and has been documented for years.Unemployment and graduation rates in the same demographic.This is not hyperbole coming from my jaded perspective,this shit is fact.
    edited November 2015
    rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

Daddy issues

Pardon?
    I would be willing to bet a large majority of the men committing these murders,regardless of color have not had the positive influence or guidance of a powerful father figure in their lives.This is epidemic in some of our more ethnic communities.This is fact.
    Can I please see your research?
    Just drive down to Fl and I'll leave it for you on my desk at my office.lol

PJ,you can't tell me you have not heard about the lack of male guidance in some of our more economically depressed areas and how this systemically creates more "bad apples". Large Incarceration rates,Drug addiction and lack of parenting responsibility all are a cause.You want data? Look up any major metropolitan American city.Look at the population of single mothers on welfare and gov assistance.alook at demographics of incarceration.Look at gender and race of crime committing individuals.Its all there and has been documented for years.Unemployment and graduation rates in the same demographic.This is not hyperbole coming from my jaded perspective,this shit is fact.
    But there are all kinds of other factors that are present just as much if not more so. I don't at all feel like the facts justify your conclusion. Just to be clear, I am not saying this because I don't value a father's role. I value a father's role so much that I specfically chose not to have children in large part because I didn't find the father I thought my kids would deserve, and I refused to have kids without an involved dad. However, poverty is a more constant factor in your examples, so why not blame poverty? Or let's see some facts on education levels. I bet those would be more consistent that father vs no father too. And then look at all the violence committed by men who did grow up with dads. And then look at international statistics, because this is in no way, shape, or form an American problem (just men using guns all the time is). I think blaming the profound international problem of male aggression and violence on whether or not they had a dad is an impossibly simplistic excuse for a much more complicated and disturbing worldwide issue that has endured over many many many many centuries.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,819

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

Tell me again about how 99% of cops are good guys. This story plays out again and again, and police apologists brush it aside as anecdotal or unsubstantiated.

You are right police need a better oversight in place. However why is there only outcry when a police officer does it? There have been over 2000 shot in Chicago. What has Rahm Emanuel done for the city. It is time the citizens take back the city from the crooks. It is time for the police and the city to work together.
    Because the police are the police and criminals are criminals. When those hired to protect and serve kill and cover it up it's just a little worse.
    Yep, it may be a little worse. But the selective outrage is what drives me nuts. I'm sure it has been talked about around here but where are the protests for something like this? A fucking 9 year old kid murdered by some fucking animal.

What in the fuck would a protest against an arrested criminal achieve????
    Callen said it. The police are police and criminals are criminals. One we expect proper conduct from and they need to be held to that standard. Protests are meant to force change within their system, to expose and highlight wrongdoing wothin the system in order to obligate that system to improve because it's paid for by and is meant to protect the public.
    Protesting a jailed criminal sounds like one of the biggest wastes of time and energy of all time, lol. The authorities already know that murderous gang members need to be caught. So what would the protest be for? Would it be an attempt to ask murderers to cut it out because there are people asking for it at a rally that the criminals aren't even aware of? Pretty sure that would be ineffective, haha.
    Ahh man I don't know why I even bother around this cesspool.

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

Callen said it. The police are police and criminals are criminals. One we expect proper conduct from and they need to be held to that standard. Protests are meant to force change within their system, to expose and highlight wrongdoing wothin the system in order to obligate that system to improve because it's paid for by and is meant to protect the public.
    Protesting a jailed criminal sounds like one of the biggest wastes of time and energy of all time, lol. The authorities already know that murderous gang members need to be caught. So what would the protest be for? Would it be an attempt to ask murderers to cut it out because there are people asking for it at a rally that the criminals aren't even aware of? Pretty sure that would be ineffective, haha.

That is probably the worst reply I have ever seen on AMT.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,819
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

LOL.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

You got that right. If only some of the fools around here saw for their own eyes the ignorance of the protesters down the mag mile in Chicago yesterday. My favorite was watching shoppers busting through the human chains these protesters were making in an effort to "shut shit down" ...one of my favorite chants by the way... The protesters would then come up to us and ask why we were not doing anything....I swear liberalism is a disease .
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

You got that right. If only some of the fools around here saw for their own eyes the ignorance of the protesters down the mag mile in Chicago yesterday. My favorite was watching shoppers busting through the human chains these protesters were making in an effort to "shut shit down" ...one of my favorite chants by the way... The protesters would then come up to us and ask why we were not doing anything....I swear liberalism is a disease .
    Seriously, Wtf are you two talking about in the context of my post?? All you just did is call me an ignorant fool, but I was seriously asking Wtf you think protesting criminals would do. I also never mentioned Chicago - haven't seen any coverage on it. I was talking generally about protesting police misconduct vs protesting the behaviour of criminals.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

Seriously, Wtf are you two talking about in the context of my post?? All you just did is call me an ignorant fool, but I was seriously asking Wtf you think protesting criminals would do. I also never mentioned Chicago - haven't seen any coverage on it. I was talking generally about protesting police misconduct vs protesting the behaviour of criminals.
    We ask a legitimate question about what a protest of civilian crime would look like, and what it would be seeking to achieve... They can't answer the question and somehow we are the fools.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

We ask a legitimate question about what a protest of civilian crime would look like, and what it would be seeking to achieve... They can't answer the question and somehow we are the fools.
    Take it to the victim thread. Right Soul?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 37,363
    Theres something to this article. The way in which the initial approach is made.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-ugliness-i-learned-about-chicago-police-while-reporting-on-gun-violence/2015/11/29/f70d6df0-96a6-11e5-8917-653b65c809eb_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Does it not make some sense to assess a sitiuation , even briefly, before engaging the way policy seems to indicate now? Think about it. An excited or scared person calls in and relays info that may or may not be accurate. Its then transmitted. Cops show up "ON" and amped up. Doesnt it stand to reason these are the results of such action?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

I brought this up also.Its not sexy (or hip and PC)to speak out about black on black violence.They can't blame the white cop when those folks are killed at the hands of another black member of the community.In fact I read that over 90% of all black folks killed in this country are killed by other black folks.Only like 2% is killed by whites and even less than that for cops.So maybe we should be looking at where the problem really is.
    Your right we should protest against cause on "Black on Black" crime. Thing is not sexy to demonstrate against poverty, shipping of manufacturing jobs over seas, shit schools in cities.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    edited November 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

You should look at this.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls#disablemobile

Disturbing, definitely. So what's the solution?? Obviously this has nothing to do with skin colour. So where do Americans need to focus? So far they can't et off the skin colour, and obviously that is doing nothing for anyone.

The stat that actually stands out most to me is the ratio of male murderers vs female. Seems to me that the REAL issue is men. Why aren't men trying to confront THAT rather than focusing on colour??

Sweet!!!! Great post. And on so many levels.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

Start another thread about that then.
    There already is one - the one where black people are scary. :neutral:
    and another!!!!!!
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

Learned the harsher a response the better the post. So take reply as a compliment. :)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,058
    muskydan said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

rgambs said:

We all know if it was up to you everything would stay the same status quo the police abuse would just get swept under rug , I swear
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Didn't want to put this in the Good Cop thread.
    This certainly isn't bad but I just would like to know some Americans opinion of the video of our Toronto police in action.
    Long video, nothing exciting just making an arrest. Backup didn't arrive for about 5min.
    Curious what may have happened down south.
    Something tells me this would've turned violent very fast especially since there was obstruction while making the arrest.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/lcbo-arrest-sheridan-mall-1.3346092
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,058
    Heads are rolling in Chicago
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Heads are rolling in Chicago

Hallelujah!!! Go Back to NYC Gerry you political hack... Only guy I see who will save shitcago is Sherif David Clark from Mikwaukee. But Obummers boyfriend Rahmarina does not have the balls to hire a real deal police chief who won't suck off all the storefront Revruns and "community activists" Who actually run this dieing city. You think the homicide # is shocking now, wait till you see where it is going to go now...
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,165
    edited December 2015
    Police corruption in Alabama that planted drugs on innocent blacks.....
    http://redeyesfrontpage.blogspot.com/2015/12/shockandawe-whistle-blower-cops-reveal.html

Unbelievable....these are people entrusted to protect our communities yet they fell compelled to do this innocent people......
    http://www.occupydemocrats.com/explosive-whistleblower-cops-reveal-decades-of-planting-guns-drugs-on-innocent-blacks/
    In case there were any doubts left about the rampant racism that infects our police forces, a shocking new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Alabama Justice Project has found that law officers in Dothan, Alabama, have been planting drugs and weapons on black suspects for years – and hundreds are still in prison on false charges. The explosive evidence has been brought forward by other police officers, who believe that “the public has a right to know that the Dothan Police Department, and District Attorney Doug Valeska, targeted young black men by planting drugs and weapons on them over a decade. Most of the young men were prosecuted, many sentenced to prison, and some are still in prison. Many of the officers involved were subsequently promoted and are in leadership positions in law enforcement. They hope the mood of the country is one that demands action and that the US Department of Justice will intervene.”

The whistle-blowing officers have even said they are willing to testify against their corrupt comrades, who were apparently members of a neo-Confederate organization that called “for blacks to return to Africa, published that the civil rights movement is really a Jewish conspiracy, and that blacks have lower IQ’s.” The leaked files also reveal that an Internal Affairs investigation into the matter was silenced by the Attorney General’s office: “all were aware of the investigation and its outcome. All have been rewarded with careers in law enforcement by those for whom they covered, while those who spoke out were forced out of the department. Disturbingly, Ott and Parrish have both attended the FBI academy. Both were highly recommended by the district attorney and former Police Chief, John White.”

These are shocking and terrifying revelations. If this is just one police force in one Alabaman town, who knows where else this has been going on? It’s a staggering, decades-long cover-up of the systematic targeting of African-Americans for incarceration, a damning indictment both of our law enforcement agencies and the accountability mechanisms that are supposed to be in check. Following on the heels of the deeply disturbing LaQuan McDonald shooting footage, this could finally prompt the national conversation on policing and race that the right-wing has been virulently resisting and discrediting over the past few months. Coming from police officers themselves, the “Blue Lives Matter” crowd no longer have any legs to stand on.
    Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

^^^ :tired_face: Holy SHIT. Is this HUGE NEWS and causing a massive uproar and investigations into every force across the nation as it should be? Or are people trying to ignore it? (I just cancelled my cable news bundle along with some others - trimmed my cable bill by $40! But now I am more out of touch, lol).
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^ :tired_face: Holy SHIT. Is this HUGE NEWS and causing a massive uproar and investigations into every force across the nation as it should be? Or are people trying to ignore it? (I just cancelled my cable news bundle along with some others - trimmed my cable bill by $40! But now I am more out of touch, lol).

No, this isn't news at all. Those who are wise to what police are up to are not at all surprised and those who think 99% of cops are "good" will just sweep it under the rug as unproven or anecdotal.

Blacklivesmatter exists for a reason, but mostly they are viewed with a discriminatory lens and they are constantly belittled.
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

No, this isn't news at all. Those who are wise to what police are up to are not at all surprised and those who think 99% of cops are "good" will just sweep it under the rug as unproven or anecdotal.

Blacklivesmatter exists for a reason, but mostly they are viewed with a discriminatory lens and they are constantly belittled.
    Do you personally know anyone actively involved in the black lives matter movement? Better yet, have you ever marched w/ any of them in protest? Your opinion of these people might be different if you said no to any of those questions.
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Do you personally know anyone actively involved in the black lives matter movement? Better yet, have you ever marched w/ any of them in protest? Your opinion of these people might be different if you said no to any of those questions.
    I haven't marched, I don't know any organizers, but I do know a couple that marched in a demonstration in Cleveland. An optometrist and a chiropractor, absolutely wonderful people. I know you have a low opinion of anyone of protests, so I am guessing you think particularly poorly of the group.

Do you know any cops who have planted drugs on innocent black people? Your opinion of the black lives matter folks might be different if you answered yes to that question. Or would it?
    edited December 2015
    ^^ Good answer.

Musky, I find it kind of sad that you are so against protests. Because it is that kind of thing that made America, and that kind of freedom of expression that still makes America a place that people want to live (although I'm starting to wonder why that is still a thing!).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Reason #211 to abolish death penalty. Crooked cops.
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I haven't marched, I don't know any organizers, but I do know a couple that marched in a demonstration in Cleveland. An optometrist and a chiropractor, absolutely wonderful people. I know you have a low opinion of anyone of protests, so I am guessing you think particularly poorly of the group.

Do you know any cops who have planted drugs on innocent black people? Your opinion of the black lives matter folks might be different if you answered yes to that question. Or would it?
    Interesting... I Respect the opinions of people who form opinions on real life experience, and not garbage read or hear say, I guess that's what happens when people lie to you the time.

To answer your question, NO... Never had too, the gangbanging shitheads I have had the pleasure of dealing w/ are too stupid. If they don't have the dope on them today, they will have it on them tomr or the next. But that's a thing of the past since all pro-active police work is over...atleast in my town. Wait till you see the spike in Homicides in certain areas the next couple years here...
    edited December 2015
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

With all the shit blacks get from cops/society think okay they act like fools at times. I sure as he'll act like a fool if I was black. Think blacks suck up their situation pretty damn well.

I Realize you deal with shit of society every day. Shit that your left to clean up due to American society. But realize your sense of reality is skewed because of it. And some of those lazy ass punks you love so much are disenfranchised and were born into a shit sandwhich. I'm glad your a cop and I feel for the shit you deal with.
    Post edited by callen on
    PJ_Soul said:

^^ Good answer.

Musky, I find it kind of sad that you are so against protests. Because it is that kind of thing that made America, and that kind of freedom of expression that still makes America a place that people want to live (although I'm starting to wonder why that is still a thing!).

Who said I am against protesters??? I love them. Other than their stench and bad breath. I have set a personal record in OT $ this year working these protests. Flying to New Zealand in Feb first class good. I love it's the hip thing to do now for uninformed foolish college students that tend to be about 90% of participants of these protests. The other 10 % are the aggressors that damage property and block streets who eventually get thumped and locked up. Bring it on.
This discussion has been closed.