Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

badbrains said:

I was being sarcastic.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I would say that because the cameras are there and they know they are running, that drastically effects an officers decision to shoot somebody,.
    and the level of professionalism.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    I'll ask again as i did on the other thread , when was the last time we saw a white family sitting there asking why was their family member shot dead by a cop , i cant seem to find any ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I'll ask again as i did on the other thread , when was the last time we saw a white family sitting there asking why was their family member shot dead by a cop , i cant seem to find any ....

Well, not shot, but still killed by their hand(s) - Kelly Thomas.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Would you say it's similar in nature ...
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

HMMMMMM, I wonder why that is….
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    muskydan said:

Well go ahead why don't you say it you seem to have all the answers please enlighten me
    Or better yet what do you thing about this incident
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    Well it got quiet in here
  • Options

hedonist said:

Would you say it's similar in nature ...
    Yes, I'd say it was overkill (sorry for the term, but it fits).
  • Options

muskydan said:

Well go ahead why don't you say it you seem to have all the answers please enlighten me
    No Freakin way!!!! Good luck figuring out this conundrum
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Not an answer Dan. You made the comment, let's have some specifics.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

No freakin way Brian….I should not have commented cause I would love to hear some answers from Jose question that he seeks…so please carry on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    callen said:

badbrains said:

I was being sarcastic.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I would say that because the cameras are there and they know they are running, that drastically effects an officers decision to shoot somebody,.
    Not to mention incredible editing.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

callen said:

badbrains said:

I was being sarcastic.

All of your above points combined make for great TV.
    Exciting, on edge and dramatic.
    It is a reality TV show.
    Nothing more nothing less.
    It is a great recruiting show.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

Oh boy.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

callen said:

badbrains said:

I was being sarcastic.

All of your above points combined make for great TV.
    Exciting, on edge and dramatic.
    It is a reality TV show.
    Nothing more nothing less.
    It is a great recruiting show.
    I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would sign off on their video being used on that show.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

No freakin way Brian….I should not have commented cause I would love to hear some answers from Jose question that he seeks…so please carry on
    That's all you got for goodness sake your s cop or at least you claim to be one , I asked what do you think about this particular incident ...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

muskydan said:

Oh boy.

Yup.

• Options
    hedonist said:

Oh ok that's about equal ...
  • Options

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

That's all you got for goodness sake your s cop or at least you claim to be one , I asked what do you think about this particular incident ...
    No freakin way….I have learned my lesson being honest on here. Besides, Many of you have already established that I am a phony so what does it matter??? Anyhow, carry on and good luck with the answers to your question. I look forward to learning a little something ...
  • Options
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

No freakin way….I have learned my lesson being honest on here. Besides, Many of you have already established that I am a phony so what does it matter??? Anyhow, carry on and good luck with the answers to your question. I look forward to learning a little something ...
    I hope you keep learning, and keep being honest.

Think we could all agree on that, for each of us.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Listen my brother in law is a retired NYPD I hold total respect for the line of work we are all trying to get our heads around this particular incident , how can you just sit there and not give your opinion ....man talk about a no show
  • Options

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Listen my brother in law is a retired NYPD I hold total respect for the line of work we are all trying to get our heads around this particular incident , how can you just sit there and not give your opinion ....man talk about a no show
    In the past when he has, he has been severly flamed and personally attacked. Cant say i blame him for his silence, but I would not have entered the discussion at all, especially with the suggestive wording used in that post.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

In the past when he has, he has been severly flamed and personally attacked. Cant say i blame him for his silence, but I would not have entered the discussion at all, especially with the suggestive wording used in that post.

Really all I did was ask him his opinion on this incident , why wouldn't we want to hear his opinion as I can remember he always bad mouths the ghetto community's ...you know what it's ok I shouldn't of expected any difference ....
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited April 2015

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hey Hugh, let's be fair here, ya I've attacked him relentlessly. When someone makes a claim about an incident that no one can seem to find anywhere, I'm gonna call them out on it. It amazes me that some of you would actually have an issue with this. And people have seen what this so called public servant thinks about a certain color of people or religion. I'm actually shocked that anyone would find it a problem calling someone out on posts that are supposedly factual but yet no where to be found.

Edit-and to be really fair, I'm pretty much the only guy who's gone on to call him out so if you're gonna point the finger at someone, at least point it at that person directly.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    edited April 2015
    If there were no edit button I'm sure I would get flamed more often. It's easy to just type and hit send, but we do have the option to edit and make ourselves more clear.* But since there is, I think we have to take what someone posts at face value or at least ask for clarification.

*Which I just did.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Never stopped you before, you seemed to relish the heat you got. I can understand that, I have that touch of masochism in me too lol

At this point, your unwillingness to comment leads to the obvious assumption that you are in opposition to the clear consensus that this gentleman was murdered and the officer tampered with the evidence and falsified his report.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

At this point, your unwillingness to comment leads to the obvious assumption that you are in opposition to the clear consensus that this gentleman was murdered and the officer tampered with the evidence and falsified his report.
    Really? Now you're speaking for him??? This place is just plain laughable sometimes.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

badbrains said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hey Hugh, let's be fair here, ya I've attacked him relentlessly. When someone makes a claim about an incident that no one can seem to find anywhere, I'm gonna call them out on it. It amazes me that some of you would actually have an issue with this. And people have seen what this so called public servant thinks about a certain color of people or religion. I'm actually shocked that anyone would find it a problem calling someone out on posts that are supposedly factual but yet no where to be found.

Edit-and to be really fair, I'm pretty much the only guy who's gone on to call him out so if you're gonna point the finger at someone, at least point it at that person directly.
    Slow clap

• Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Never stopped you before, you seemed to relish the heat you got. I can understand that, I have that touch of masochism in me too lol

This is quite the leap.

If you read between the lines, you would know what his point is.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Really? Now you're speaking for him??? This place is just plain laughable sometimes.
    It's an assumption... You know what an assumption is. Some might say it makes an ass out of me... I disagree.
    Sometimes silence speaks volumes, if Musky wants to clarify he is free to do so. If he doesn't, that's fine too, especially since he's having a tough week in his life. I wanted to draw him into this fracas, but thought better of it, now that he has poked his head in, I think it's fair to ask his opinion. It's fair for him to decline as well, but that will leave room for assumption, good or bad, right or wrong...that's just how it is.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
This discussion has been closed.