Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Hopefully he'll end up in gen-pop and save the taxpayers a lot of money.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Hopefully he'll end up in gen-pop and save the taxpayers a lot of money.

He's already cost the tax payers a shit ton of money. He was trained, worked, and killed someone all on tax payers dime. The trial won't be 1/2 of what my money has already been spent o this guy.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Wow
  • Options
    dignin said:

Wow

Yup. Wow.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    I hope the SLED's quick decision to charge him with murder will help squash a lot of potential backlash in the community. Of course people should be upset, but it looks like there will be justice.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    The department had nothing to do with this investigation. SLED takes control of these events from the get go. They are the ones that makes the decision.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

The department had nothing to do with this investigation. SLED takes control of these events from the get go. They are the ones that makes the decision.

Fixed
  • Options

Fixed
    Lol.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,772
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I just heard a very good soundbite from the protest surrounding this... A black man shouting:
    "You say you have good cops, show me them! The "good" cops know the bad cops.
    If you are a good cop, why don't you do something about it!"

That's from memory so it may not be exactly verbatim but it's very close.
    It's a good point, and a huge indictment of the system or police brotherhood.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited April 2015
    The evidence is mounting and becoming undeniable. This, to me, is not an isolated incident. Even when the police are under such extreme scrutiny right now, this still happens. That to me shows evidence of a systematic problem, a cultural problem. It will not change overnight.

And if I had to guess, had there not been a citizen recording this latest event, the murderers version of events would have been the accepted version of events.

No wonder black men fear for their lives in some of these places.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    from the moment the law allow the cops to play rambo and do whatever the hell they want with their guns and shoot to kill and not arrest or disarm suspects innocent people will die...
    for a fuckin broken taillight ....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    dignin said:

The evidence is mounting and becoming undeniable. This, to me, is not an isolated incident. Even when the police are under such extreme scrutiny right now, this still happens. That to me shows evidence of a systematic problem, a cultural problem. It will not change overnight.

And if I had to guess, had there not been a citizen recording this latest event, the murderers version of events would have been the accepted version of events.

Also seems "he reached for my gun" is the go to line.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Absolutely disgusting this latest incident...The footage has been all over the news here.
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited April 2015
    callen said:

dignin said:

Also seems "he reached for my gun" is the go to line.
    As well as the "my life was in danger" line which means a free pass to getting away with it. Not in this case though!
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    You know what's telling? That TV show cops is on 24 hrs a day somewhere on cable and I watch it a lot. I've seen episodes where the cops could've shot suspect and they DIDNT. When did the cops stance on shoot to kill change?
  • Options
    Police have killed more in one month (111) then British police have killed since 1900.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1374908
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    badbrains said:

Police have killed more in one month (111) then British police have killed since 1900.

What we need is more guns.

God Bless the USA.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

badbrains said:

God Bless the USA.
    That's 115 years Callen. Holyshit.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    badbrains said:

unreal...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    callen said:

badbrains said:

God Bless the USA.
    Yes, they are folks who seriously believe this is the answer in America. I'm slightly different I think what we need more of is recording devices or people willing to record police interaction with its citizenry.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    I would have zero issue with a camera on every corner. but that will never happen in america.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    badbrains said:

You know what's telling? That TV show cops is on 24 hrs a day somewhere on cable and I watch it a lot. I've seen episodes where the cops could've shot suspect and they DIDNT. When did the cops stance on shoot to kill change?

You don't think the reason the TV show has less shootings is because the cops know they are being filmed?
  • Options
    g under p said:

callen said:

badbrains said:

God Bless the USA.
    Yes, they are folks who seriously believe this is the answer in America. I'm slightly different I think what we need more of is recording devices or people willing to record police interaction with its citizenry.

Peace
    I very much agree.
  • Options

badbrains said:

You don't think the reason the TV show has less shootings is because the cops know they are being filmed?
    not only that, but how often is the cop with the camera crew the first responder? don't they know going in whether the perp is armed or not? I don't watch the show, but I'd find it pretty crazy if a camera crew was willing to go into a fire fight.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    So because theyres cameras the cops don't shoot to kill? Interesting
  • Options
    badbrains said:

So because theyres cameras the cops don't shoot to kill? Interesting

no. think about how many cops around the US, every single day, respond to some sort of call. whether it be a traffic stop, domestic assault, whathaveyou. now, cop shootings may be increasing in frequency, but those are still an infinitessimle amount compared to how many calls are answered. it would be incredibly unlikely for the Cops camera crew to be there when one happens.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I was being sarcastic.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

I was being sarcastic.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I would say that because the cameras are there and they know they are running, that drastically effects an officers decision to shoot somebody,.
This discussion has been closed.