Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    g under p wrote: »
    rgambs wrote: »
    Godfather what's your point? Statistics are already kept for civillian murders.

I think it appears he doesn't want any statistics of murder/killings by cops revealed. That's what he's appears to be saying,

Peace

no that's not what Im saying crimestoppers, I believe there is already officer involved killing stat's if you look for them but what I am saying is that I find it funny that
    you guys talk about it like every officer involved killing is unjustifible and that the police are the bad guy's....now I'm sure that many cops are dirty but you guy's have to remember a few things
    1) police officers are hired from the same pool that just about every other employer hires from "everyday folks" not an officer breeding facility located in area 51.
    2) not all officer involved shooting are started by the officer's them selfs
    3) what will happen if officers are restricted to a point that they can not protect the public (like the joke someone posted earlier)

I have news for you guy's....with out police officers we'd be back to the day's of the minning towns when the fastest guns made the rules :))

and not I'm not saying I would like a "police nation" but more trust in police officers and less warm and fuzzy feelings(tolleration) for criminals would be a start

Godfather.
  • Options
    "One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency." - Arnold H. Glasgow
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited December 2014
    New York Public Defenders Walk Out Of Court Protesting Eric Garner’s Death

Around 100 New York public defenders staged a walkout at Brooklyn Criminal Court Wednesday, marking five months since Eric Garner died after an NYPD officer placed him in a chokehold. The protest, organized by the Association of Legal Aid Attorneys (ALAA), saw hundreds of lawyers walk out of court as part of the #ThisStopsToday 11 days of action movement for Garner...The movement, which began on Dec. 10, calls for 11 days of action — one day for each time Garner told police “I can’t breathe” while the chokehold was applied.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/new-york-public-defenders-walk-out-of-court-protesting-eric?bftw=main#.xfxKgkavvN

“Indict, convict, send those killer cops to jail,” the lawyers shouted as they continued their march back to the Brooklyn Criminal Court.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Godfather. wrote: »

I think it appears he doesn't want any statistics of murder/killings by cops revealed. That's what he's appears to be saying,

Peace

no that's not what Im saying crimestoppers, I believe there is already officer involved killing stat's if you look for them but what I am saying is that I find it funny that
    you guys talk about it like every officer involved killing is unjustifible and that the police are the bad guy's....now I'm sure that many cops are dirty but you guy's have to remember a few things
    1) police officers are hired from the same pool that just about every other employer hires from "everyday folks" not an officer breeding facility located in area 51.
    3) what will happen if officers are restricted to a point that they can not protect the public (like the joke someone posted earlier)

I have news for you guy's....with out police officers we'd be back to the day's of the minning towns when the fastest guns made the rules :))

and not I'm not saying I would like a "police nation" but more trust in police officers and less warm and fuzzy feelings(tolleration) for criminals would be a start

Godfather.

If you notice GF I said it appears.....and nowhere on here have I ever posted anything saying every police shooting or killing is unjustifiable. I'm never going to say any nonsense like that, and to your points...

1...I don't think it matters what pool these men and women are selected or chosen they are ALL trained for the job at hand or they are supposed to be in ..protecting the public and its safety.

2....True and the officers must shoot to protect themselves and the public when fired upon.

3....I'm not sure who would want any restrictions on police discharging their weapons to protect the public and most importantly themselves. I'm for more training and for accountability for what officers are doing in the public. I thought dash cams was one the best ideas for what officers are doing day in day out in the field of duty.

Lastly I'm not sure I would put much trust in the police based on my experience and some interactions with them. I'm of the thinking of dealing with them very cautiously. A week or so I did my own little test at an event....I wanted to see an officers reaction. I just went up to an Palm Beach FL sheriff and stuck out my hand and as I walked towards him I said to him thank you for the job that you do in keeping this event and the public safe I must say He was caught off guard or surprised maybe while shaking my hand in return and we struck a conversation for the next 10 minutes. Then before i left him I told him the joke about the officer, the fence and two old people. :)) oh he cracked up by the way.

I think everyone once in a awhile should do the same to and officer and see what happens.....

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Here's that joke of which he had never heard before....
    The husband leans over and asks his wife, "Do you remember the first time we had sex together over sixty years ago? We went behind the village tavern where you leaned against the back fence and I made love to you."

"Yes", she says, "I remember it well." "OK," he says, "How about taking a stroll around there again and we can do it for old time's sake?" "Oh Jim, you old devil, that sounds like a crazy, but good idea!"

A police officer sitting in the next booth heard their conversation and, having a chuckle, he thinks to himself, "I've got to see these two old-timers having sex against a fence. I'll just keep an eye on them so there's no trouble." So he follows them.

The elderly couple walks haltingly along, leaning on each other for support aided by walking sticks. Finally, they get to the back of the tavern and make their way to the fence.

The old lady lifts her skirt and the old man drops his trousers. As she leans against the fence, the old man moves in. Then suddenly they erupt into the most furious sex that the policeman has ever seen. This goes on for about ten minutes while both are making loud noises and moaning and screaming. Finally, they both collapse, panting on the ground.

The policeman is amazed. He thinks he has learned something about life and old age that he didn't know.

After about half an hour of lying on the ground recovering, the old couple struggle to their feet and put their clothes back on. The policeman, is still watching and thinks to himself, this is truly amazing, I've got to ask them what their secret is.

So, as the couple passes, he says to them, "Excuse me, but that was something else. You must've had a fantastic sex life together. Is there some sort of secret to this?" Shaking, the old man is barely able to reply, "Sixty years ago that wasn't an electric fence."

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Puppycide...cop calls dog over and shoots it dead, cleared. There is video from the cops vest showing him kill the dog.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-body-cam-footage-showed-call-dog-kill-it-cleared-charges/
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/17/nyregion/officers-rally-and-dinkins-is-their-target.html

While the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association had called the rally to protest Mayor David N. Dinkins's proposal to create an independent civilian agency that would look into police misconduct, the huge turnout -- estimated by the Police Department at 10,000 protesters -- and the harsh emotional pitch reflected widespread anger among rank-and-file officers toward the Mayor for his handling of riots against the police in Washington Heights last July, his refusal to give them semiautomatic weapons and his appointment of an outside panel to investigate corruption.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote: »

Peace

Godfather.

If you notice GF I said it appears.....and nowhere on here have I ever posted anything saying every police shooting or killing is unjustifiable. I'm never going to say any nonsense like that, and to your points...

1...I don't think it matters what pool these men and women are selected or chosen they are ALL trained for the job at hand or they are supposed to be in ..protecting the public and its safety.

2....True and the officers must shoot to protect themselves and the public when fired upon.

3....I'm not sure who would want any restrictions on police discharging their weapons to protect the public and most importantly themselves. I'm for more training and for accountability for what officers are doing in the public. I thought dash cams was one the best ideas for what officers are doing day in day out in the field of duty.

Lastly I'm not sure I would put much trust in the police based on my experience and some interactions with them. I'm of the thinking of dealing with them very cautiously. A week or so I did my own little test at an event....I wanted to see an officers reaction. I just went up to an Palm Beach FL sheriff and stuck out my hand and as I walked towards him I said to him thank you for the job that you do in keeping this event and the public safe I must say He was caught off guard or surprised maybe while shaking my hand in return and we struck a conversation for the next 10 minutes. Then before i left him I told him the joke about the officer, the fence and two old people. :)) oh he cracked up by the way.

I think everyone once in a awhile should do the same to and officer and see what happens.....

Peace

I can't argue your post at all..fair level headed reply,thank you !

Godfather.

• Options
    Here's that joke of which he had never heard before....
    The husband leans over and asks his wife, "Do you remember the first time we had sex together over sixty years ago? We went behind the village tavern where you leaned against the back fence and I made love to you."

"Yes", she says, "I remember it well." "OK," he says, "How about taking a stroll around there again and we can do it for old time's sake?" "Oh Jim, you old devil, that sounds like a crazy, but good idea!"

A police officer sitting in the next booth heard their conversation and, having a chuckle, he thinks to himself, "I've got to see these two old-timers having sex against a fence. I'll just keep an eye on them so there's no trouble." So he follows them.

The elderly couple walks haltingly along, leaning on each other for support aided by walking sticks. Finally, they get to the back of the tavern and make their way to the fence.

The old lady lifts her skirt and the old man drops his trousers. As she leans against the fence, the old man moves in. Then suddenly they erupt into the most furious sex that the policeman has ever seen. This goes on for about ten minutes while both are making loud noises and moaning and screaming. Finally, they both collapse, panting on the ground.

The policeman is amazed. He thinks he has learned something about life and old age that he didn't know.

After about half an hour of lying on the ground recovering, the old couple struggle to their feet and put their clothes back on. The policeman, is still watching and thinks to himself, this is truly amazing, I've got to ask them what their secret is.

So, as the couple passes, he says to them, "Excuse me, but that was something else. You must've had a fantastic sex life together. Is there some sort of secret to this?" Shaking, the old man is barely able to reply, "Sixty years ago that wasn't an electric fence."

Peace

HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH LOVE IT !!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited March 2015
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    dignin said:
    in Greece policemen would be charge for murder of 1st degree for that
    and i can not even can imagine the iot..would be a war on the streets
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I couldn't watch the video, I only heard audio. Did the video show they reaching for the cops gun?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

I couldn't watch the video, I only heard audio. Did the video show they reaching for the cops gun?

there is no gun
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

there is no gun
    What do you mean there is no gun? The guy got shot. There had to be a gun.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

there is no gun
    D,yes there was a gun,Yes you can see the Homeless guys hand on it.(at least the slowed up news report I saw did)They were also wearing body cameras and when that footage comes out it should clear this up.Sad stuff that the guy was mentally unstable.Senseless but seems to be justified.Also saw pics of the slide jammed back with a bullet jammed in it.
  • Options
    Death is never justified.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

You are wrong.I can think of plenty of justifiable reasons and assholes that deserve it.

And just like in the Brown case when you go for a cops weapon you are going to get shot and most likely killed.

Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    In that case? Fuck no, it wasn't.

Done, here.
  • Options
    Death is never justified? That's classic.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Done, here.

Maybe before you play the hands up don't shoot,bad cop card you should wait for all the facts to come out.You may find this one is pretty clear in this case.As far as the Brown case that's justified as well.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rr165892 said:

Done, here.

Maybe before you play the hands up don't shoot,bad cop card you should wait for all the facts to come out.You may find this one is pretty clear in this case.As far as the Brown case that's justified as well.
    Very sound advice. This has been running all over our local news, seen the clip several times and still it's difficult to make out what happened. I don't get how a regular Joe watching it can be so sure of what did or didn't go down.

Hopefully the body-cam assists in better finding the truth, but until then, I have to reserve judgment.
  • Options

Says the keyboard warrior never placed in a situation where he is threatened.

"Let them eat cake."
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Done, here.

Very sound advice. This has been running all over our local news, seen the clip several times and still it's difficult to make out what happened. I don't get how a regular Joe watching it can be so sure of what did or didn't go down.

Hopefully the body-cam assists in better finding the truth, but until then, I have to reserve judgment.

Are you saying that people on the internet rush to judgement?!?!?
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Done, here.

</blockquote

Not at all Indifference, how are people going to get their news? How are Obama's and that other fraud Holder's friend Al Sharpten gonna make a living??? If it's on the Internet its got to be true...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited March 2015
    muskydan said:

hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Done, here.

If it's on the Internet its got to be true...<</b>/blockquote>

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Yeah like that race war that started in Ferguson and engulfed the nation in violence and those Black Panthers who showed in force and took over the streets.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rgambs said:

Yeah like that race war that started in Ferguson and engulfed the nation in violence and those Black Panthers who showed in force and took over the streets.

Mornin, gambo.

Some new footage has come out - one with sound, from the officer whose weapon was compromised. It sounds like he's saying "he's got my gun". I'm not sure what I'm actually seeing in the screen-shot of the man's hand on the officer's gun.

I just don't get, when there's still so much more to be learned and to come to light, how protests are already planned for tonight? Seems like jumping the gun, to me (honestly, the term just fits).

• Options
    hedonist said:

rgambs said:

Mornin, gambo.

Some new footage has come out - one with sound, from the officer whose weapon was compromised. It sounds like he's saying "he's got my gun". I'm not sure what I'm actually seeing in the screen-shot of the man's hand on the officer's gun.

I just don't get, when there's still so much more to be learned and to come to light, how protests are already planned for tonight? Seems like jumping the gun, to me (honestly, the term just fits).

Morning Hedo!

I haven't looked into the particulars on this one so I don't have an opinion... Don't think I will bother unless this case gets some serious legs.
  • Options
    I'll say it again. DEATH IS NEVER JUSTIFIED. CERTAINLY NOT IN THIS CASE. NO CIVILIAN DESERVES TO DIE.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Done, here.

That's right, it's very difficult to see what exactly happened here. Regardless, getting shot TO DEATH was unnecessary.
This discussion has been closed.