Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281

Why? Barry isn't an acceptable form of Barack?

Oh ok so Barry is Barack i didn't know that ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    fife said:

<

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

In that situation if the guy is still on scene The police's first priority is to eliminate the threat so the EMT guys can get to the victims. I have been a part of a similar situation where dude killed his best friend and wife after he caught them doing whoppi. He barracaded himself in the apartment. Meanwhile we can hear his wife and friend screaming in agony as they were bleeding out. EMT's we're going nowhere near that situation until dude was elimated. It took us about 15 minutes to gear up and take the apartment. It was quite the gun battle and dude looked like Swiss cheese when it was all said and done. Unfortionately the wife and friend had already expired by the time we got to them. I personally have rendered first aid numerous times, but it all depends on the situation. I ain't getting blood on my hands from some gangbanger who got lit up on the corner selling dope Where he ain't supposed 2 be. That's about 90 % of my towns shootings .
    But to answer you question, NO, you are not supposed to touch anyone. Wait for ambulance

*-:) I really want to thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I have a much better understanding of the situation. You work in a very stressful and dangerous job. Not exactly a war zone, but some days I bet it is pretty close. I am sure that to survive emotionally after seeing all that police officers have that most people don't like to think about, it becomes necessary to compartmentalize some of those situations. The "dude (that) looked like Swiss cheese" and not "getting blood on my hands from some gangbanger" helps you to survive. I am sure that it is an attitude that is adopted by many officers in the field. But that attitude is felt by the people in those "ghetto" communities, and makes them fear that the police view them as bad guys by virtue of where they live. Maybe it is not so much "hatred of police" as fear. Maybe they run away from cops because they fear what might happen to them if they don't. Fear and feelings of persecution will drive people to do a lot of things. Something has got to give. Peace muskydan. Be safe
    Being the police in Chicago is a completely different animal that anywhere else if you Ask me. Lots of reasons, but the biggest if is that the storefront rev-runs and community activists pretty much run the city. They always deliver the votes for the infamous Democratic MACHINE . In the last 5 years I have found that the people in the ghetto no longer fear the police. They challenge and resist us all the time. I have been in more physical altercations and injured in the past years 5 years 3x as much as my first 10. When the bad guys no longer have a fear the Police society is in big trouble. Police Departments Will always fudge the numberous giving the General public a false sence of Hope that crime is down and there is nothing to fear. Chicago is the biggest violator of fudging numbers since the CPD is run not by the Department, but city hall and our egotistical Mayor Sir Rahm Emmanuel brought to you by the Emperor himself Barry Obama.
    My old partner is a homocide Det. And he told me the other day we are exactly at the number of homicides as we had last year at this time, but what you don't know is the dept is holding onto 43 " death investigations" that are obvious homicides but city hall does not want to have a 18% increase in homicides from last year when the rest of the country are having 20-30% drops in homicides.... Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors...look up Comp Stat if you wana learn how police deptments fudge numbers.
    So The good people that are forced to live in the ghetto hate it what they all know, and that' s the Police Hands are tied. I talk to these salt of the earth oldtimers all the time when I get my coffee and they can't believe we can just pull up on a corner anymore and push off or lock up the countless dope dealing gangbanging shitbirds..It's those oldtimers and their families I am concerned for, the rest well they run the show now, we just pick up the pieces and call for an ambulance.....
    Dear Muskydan, if what you just wrote here is true, i hope you are actually doing something about it and not just posting on this website.
    Would love to be the "REAL" Police again. But I like having a job and don't want to go to prison. Its been open season on Police for years now and with all this media driven, racebait loving nonsense currently happening, you would have to be out of your mind to be a proactive Police Officer. As i have said numerous times, Society is going to get the kind of Police its demanding….you just better be careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

How else could you take that? Is Barry a predominantly black guy name?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

What ? Muskyguy was calling Obama Barry i found that to be condensending just like most of hi's postings ....why call him barry instead of Barack ...
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options

What ? Muskyguy was calling Obama Barry i found that to be condensending just like most of hi's postings ....
    Truth and reality hurts….I feel ya. Now go get your info from a media outlet like Msnbc or CNN. It appears you like the K-bud…pull a tube and lighten up.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

fife said:

<

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

In that situation if the guy is still on scene The police's first priority is to eliminate the threat so the EMT guys can get to the victims. I have been a part of a similar situation where dude killed his best friend and wife after he caught them doing whoppi. He barracaded himself in the apartment. Meanwhile we can hear his wife and friend screaming in agony as they were bleeding out. EMT's we're going nowhere near that situation until dude was elimated. It took us about 15 minutes to gear up and take the apartment. It was quite the gun battle and dude looked like Swiss cheese when it was all said and done. Unfortionately the wife and friend had already expired by the time we got to them. I personally have rendered first aid numerous times, but it all depends on the situation. I ain't getting blood on my hands from some gangbanger who got lit up on the corner selling dope Where he ain't supposed 2 be. That's about 90 % of my towns shootings .
    But to answer you question, NO, you are not supposed to touch anyone. Wait for ambulance

*-:) I really want to thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I have a much better understanding of the situation. You work in a very stressful and dangerous job. Not exactly a war zone, but some days I bet it is pretty close. I am sure that to survive emotionally after seeing all that police officers have that most people don't like to think about, it becomes necessary to compartmentalize some of those situations. The "dude (that) looked like Swiss cheese" and not "getting blood on my hands from some gangbanger" helps you to survive. I am sure that it is an attitude that is adopted by many officers in the field. But that attitude is felt by the people in those "ghetto" communities, and makes them fear that the police view them as bad guys by virtue of where they live. Maybe it is not so much "hatred of police" as fear. Maybe they run away from cops because they fear what might happen to them if they don't. Fear and feelings of persecution will drive people to do a lot of things. Something has got to give. Peace muskydan. Be safe
    Being the police in Chicago is a completely different animal that anywhere else if you Ask me. Lots of reasons, but the biggest if is that the storefront rev-runs and community activists pretty much run the city. They always deliver the votes for the infamous Democratic MACHINE . In the last 5 years I have found that the people in the ghetto no longer fear the police. They challenge and resist us all the time. I have been in more physical altercations and injured in the past years 5 years 3x as much as my first 10. When the bad guys no longer have a fear the Police society is in big trouble. Police Departments Will always fudge the numberous giving the General public a false sence of Hope that crime is down and there is nothing to fear. Chicago is the biggest violator of fudging numbers since the CPD is run not by the Department, but city hall and our egotistical Mayor Sir Rahm Emmanuel brought to you by the Emperor himself Barry Obama.
    My old partner is a homocide Det. And he told me the other day we are exactly at the number of homicides as we had last year at this time, but what you don't know is the dept is holding onto 43 " death investigations" that are obvious homicides but city hall does not want to have a 18% increase in homicides from last year when the rest of the country are having 20-30% drops in homicides.... Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors...look up Comp Stat if you wana learn how police deptments fudge numbers.
    So The good people that are forced to live in the ghetto hate it what they all know, and that' s the Police Hands are tied. I talk to these salt of the earth oldtimers all the time when I get my coffee and they can't believe we can just pull up on a corner anymore and push off or lock up the countless dope dealing gangbanging shitbirds..It's those oldtimers and their families I am concerned for, the rest well they run the show now, we just pick up the pieces and call for an ambulance.....
    Dear Muskydan, if what you just wrote here is true, i hope you are actually doing something about it and not just posting on this website.
    Would love to be the "REAL" Police again. But I like having a job and don't want to go to prison. Its been open season on Police for years now and with all this media driven, racebait loving nonsense currently happening, you would have to be out of your mind to be a proactive Police Officer. As i have said numerous times, Society is going to get the kind of Police its demanding….you just better be careful what you wish for.
    I had written something about this yesterday... then thought better of it and deleted it- not sure how you (and some others) might take it.

Most jobs that are inherently dangerous are compensated for the risk associated with the work. Look at underwater welders for example. Basic risk/reward principles.

With police work... this isn't true. The risk is certainly there, however the compensation simply isn't. Neither is appreciation or respect to the level it should be for that matter.

Given the minimal upside, why would anyone want to do such a job?

This is a profession that is in serious need of a hug. I agree with Musky: it's going to get way worse in my opinion.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

What ? Muskyguy was calling Obama Barry i found that to be condensending just like most of hi's postings ....why call him barry instead of Barack ...
    Ok.

Slick Willie and tricky dick come to mind when people make up names for presidents.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Nicknames are only given to those you like or those you dont. If you dont b like someone and you change their name to something less serious that is clearly disrespect. (Not that I have a particular problem with that, but let's all be homest and real here.
    Where you get your info?
    I feel like I rarely see those who dont like Obama defend their reasons with anything but feelings and opinions. Theres never any data given.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    muskydan said:

What ? Muskyguy was calling Obama Barry i found that to be condensending just like most of hi's postings ....
    Truth and reality hurts….I feel ya. Now go get your info from a media outlet like Msnbc or CNN. It appears you like the K-bud…pull a tube and lighten up.
    what are you talking about what truth what reality what K ....you don't know me from a hole in the wall how about you go and get a coffee and free donuts .....
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    muskydan said:

fife said:

<

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

You do realize your intolerance feeds our racial divide as much as the media.

But go ahead and educate us that it's Barry and his democratic thug voters that are responsible for all of our ills.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

muskydan said:

what are you talking about what truth what reality what K ....you don't know me from a hole in the wall how about you go and get a coffee and free donuts .....
    Nice one. Coffee is always free, but donuts are not anymore. Cops always burn spots out:)
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    muskydan said:

fife said:

<

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "REAL Police again"? what do you mean you don't want to go to prison? what do you mean that society is going to get the kind of police its demanding. I am not understand what you are saying in this post.

it sounds to me that you are actually burnt out and might what to consider a new path in life.

• Options
    fife said:

muskydan said:

fife said:

<

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "REAL Police again"? what do you mean you don't want to go to prison? what do you mean that society is going to get the kind of police its demanding. I am not understand what you are saying in this post.

it sounds to me that you are actually burnt out and might what to consider a new path in life.

Perhaps I am getting burnt out. I have a few more years to go to be vested into our Pension. But you got 2 be 50 to collect so I got some time to go.
    I do have another carrer, so no worries about that... I feel I make a difference and still have some laughs and fun on the job, just not as many as I used to. Maybe I am just getting old.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Let's take a bite out of crime !
    Anyone up for cop killing dog videos? Does that count as police abuse? One particular cop seems to enjoy killing dogs, he leads the league in dog kills with 31.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

Let's take a bite out of crime !
    Anyone up for cop killing dog videos? Does that count as police abuse? One particular cop seems to enjoy killing dogs, he leads the league in dog kills with 31.

Please don't - or if you must, please just put the link, not the actual video.

Thank you.
  • Options
    I'll stick to preteens not dogs...10 years old
    CMTSU

http://www.wthr.com/story/26701152/2014/10/03/mom-questions-school-after-son-tackled-by-police

"He just told me the police jumped on him and he hit the ground and his head hit the ground real hard. They put handcuffs on him," Hamilton said.

"When I walked in, one of the officers was, like, 'Well, do not be alarmed, he has a scratch'," Hamilton said.
  • Options
    Around his neck, like two snakes, the arms wreathe—
    Just in time, just in place, to choke the cries,
    Comes the echo of the noose: “I can’t breathe!”

Black hands like white flags to the beasts who seethe,
    And tower in number over their prize—
    Around his neck, like two snakes, the arms wreathe.

As fangs do hang when a serpent will teethe,
    The pythons plunge on a hollow of sighs:

So heavy the pile, he crumbles beneath,
    And still that grip as a gallows applies—
    Around his neck, like two snakes, the arms wreathe.

Left to the cement, no pulse to bequeath—
    Justice with only white cloth on her eyes,

With rifles, with swords, with hands, they unsheathe—
    What strength to Garner as another dies?
    Around his neck, like two snakes, the arms wreathe—

-jar (c) 2014
  • Options
    How about someone with downs syndrome? If this doesn't make you sick and realize there is a major problem nothing will.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/05/01/cop-beats-young-man-syndrome-packinga-colostomy-bag/
  • Options
    Did anyone else miss the South Carolina incident where the state trooper stopped the guy for not wearing his seat belt in September? http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/justice/south-carolina-trooper-shooting/ At least the guy survived. The trooper is awaiting trial.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    A little escalation of the situation by the authority figures is always good. 8-| imagehttp://dailykos.com/story/2014/12/09/1350543/-Chicago-police-play-Sweet-Home-Alabama-at-protestors?detail=facebook
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    According to statistics collected by the FBI, 76 law enforcement officers were killed in line-of-duty incidents in 2013. Of these, 27 law enforcement officers died as a result of felonious acts, and 49 officers died in accidents.
  • Options
    The 27 felonious deaths occurred in 16 states. The number of officers killed as a result of criminal acts in 2013 decreased by 22 when compared with the 49 officers who were feloniously killed in 2012. The five- and 10-year comparisons show a decrease of 21 felonious deaths compared with the 2009 figure (48 officers) and a decrease of 30 deaths compared with 2004 data (57 officers).
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

The 27 felonious deaths occurred in 16 states. The number of officers killed as a result of criminal acts in 2013 decreased by 22 when compared with the 49 officers who were feloniously killed in 2012. The five- and 10-year comparisons show a decrease of 21 felonious deaths compared with the 2009 figure (48 officers) and a decrease of 30 deaths compared with 2004 data (57 officers).

Finally a positive post!

I think it's great fewer officers are getting killed in the line of duty- just look at 2013's numbers compared to 2004's!

I wonder what factors contribute to the positive change?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Did anyone else miss the South Carolina incident where the state trooper stopped the guy for not wearing his seat belt in September? http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/justice/south-carolina-trooper-shooting/ At least the guy survived. The trooper is awaiting trial.

Yea, I heard this story. It was big news here. This cat had no business wearing a badge. The cop asked the guy to get his license and when he did, the cop started blasting. Made no sense whatsoever. He will serve prison time.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Congress Is Finally Going to Make Local Law Enforcement Report How Many People They Kill

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/12/death-custody-reporting-act-police-shootings-ferguson-garner
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    dignin wrote: »
    Congress Is Finally Going to Make Local Law Enforcement Report How Many People They Kill

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/12/death-custody-reporting-act-police-shootings-ferguson-garner

good. i like my murder-by-cop stats right out in the open where i can see them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    murder by gang banger's - murder by home invasion - murder by car jacking - murder by drug sales - murder by robery etc. etc. etc.......

Godfather.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Godfather what's your point? Statistics are already kept for civillian murders.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    rgambs wrote: »
    rgambs wrote: »

I think it appears he doesn't want any statistics of murder/killings by cops revealed. That's what he's appears to be saying,

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited December 2014
    This my friend musician Michael Franti and his song on police violence. he sent this to me.... http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/hear-michael-frantis-powerful-song-for-peace-between-police-and-communities-20141217

i hope it works trying to do this on my phone.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.