Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

I just watched that Garner video.

Pretty awful.

He was definitely a criminal. If we generalized and exaggerated your opinion on the issue the way you generalize and exaggerate ours I could say I get the feeling you think he deserved it because he was a criminal. :-w
    Are you serious?

Just the fact that you say 'yours' and 'ours' reflects how you see this issue.

I've been very critical of police when they have acted badly- the Cleveland case as well as this particular case. I've defended the police as well: Wilson and- on a smaller and local scale- the personal attacks on Musky by some of the champion contributors here.

You, sir, on the other hand have failed to exercise objectivity at any point of this month long exercise. You have placed yourself on one side of this issue and self-righteously flaunted your sheltered and naïve opinion every moment you have seen the opportunity.

* And I see you fumbled your response: you were quoted saying something else (obviously that means you slapped something down... scratched your pea brain... and then thought of a better and even more clever quip essentially saying the same stupid thing).

Good try!
    Yeah i edited it, I tried to make it a little less assholey... You might try the same every now and then. I'm not sure you could manage.

Your BS about "yours" and "ours" is another over-reaching generalization. YOU claimed "I'm not too concerned for the chokehold" and WE (myself, g under p, riotgirl, oftenreading, and benjs) gave varying levels of dissent. YOU said "some on here would prefer I give the criminal a hug"... I would think that would be directed at those who disagree with your opinion, but I guess maybe my pea brain, being so naive and sheltered isn't capable of following this champion thesis you contributed.

Or maybe you can dish it out but you can't take it. You get all huffy puffy and wind yourself into a tizzy and start insulting every time somebody contributes something you don't like, or counters you in a way you dont care for.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2014
    Can anyone tell me how many people are arrested in the United States on a daily basis? I'm way to lazy and drunk right now to bother to Google it. If I had to guess, I'd say it's somewhere around 500+. Just a guess. How many of those arrests end with police abuse? 4? Maybe 5?

My point isn't "I'll take those odds." It's that police abuse isn't the norm. When it's bad, we hear about it. But I'd say 98% of arrests in this country are done professionally.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Richard Pryor had it figured out in 1978
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swd7ePrZX8Y

:))
  • Options
    benjs said:

g under p said:

Richard Pryor had it figured out in 1978
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swd7ePrZX8Y

:))

He did. He was way ahead of his times.

Good selection here, ocean. Really good.
    From the time I heard of the NYC choke hold case I thought of this piece by Richard Pryor. I have this album on vinyl along with all his other ones. Pryor knew quite well his experiences with the police and his bit about being the first black president. He was a man way ahead of time is right...

http://youtu.be/TaXxl5Pc6As

Peace
    This is freaking brilliant. I'm going to have to start finding some more Pryor material.
    Also see Dave Chappelle as Black Bush.....at the 10 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3erp0ZdEY8
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892

Can anyone tell me how many people are arrested in the United States on a daily basis? I'm way to lazy and drunk right now to bother to Google it. If I had to guess, I'd say it's somewhere around 500+. Just a guess. How many of those arrests end with police abuse? 4? Maybe 5?

My point isn't "I'll take those odds." It's that police abuse isn't the norm. When it's bad, we hear about it. But I'd say 98% of arrests in this country are done professionally.

I agree that most police are doing the best that they can and we only hear about the small percent that are abusive. This is true in many of the helping/public arena professions. But clearly it is problematic in that people are needlessly losing their lives. Training needs to change for these officers. But I've had another lately as well and that is, maybe part of the problem lies in a previous comment about us vs. them. Someone stated that they don't live in the neighborhood they work in and I think that makes it hard on the people because they have (sometimes) misplaced distrust of the officers but the officers can't relate to the people they are there to protect/apprehend. Perhaps a more comprehensive push to recruit (appropriate) candidates from the neighborhood to work in that particular precinct may go a long way in reestablishing good relations.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    riotgrl said:

I agree that most police are doing the best that they can and we only hear about the small percent that are abusive. This is true in many of the helping/public arena professions. But clearly it is problematic in that people are needlessly losing their lives. Training needs to change for these officers. But I've had another lately as well and that is, maybe part of the problem lies in a previous comment about us vs. them. Someone stated that they don't live in the neighborhood they work in and I think that makes it hard on the people because they have (sometimes) misplaced distrust of the officers but the officers can't relate to the people they are there to protect/apprehend. Perhaps a more comprehensive push to recruit (appropriate) candidates from the neighborhood to work in that particular precinct may go a long way in reestablishing good relations.
    That's just not realistic in large cities. Hell, you're lucky to have 2 or 3 cops that live in their precinct in a small city.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited December 2014
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I just watched that Garner video.

Pretty awful.

He was definitely a criminal. If we generalized and exaggerated your opinion on the issue the way you generalize and exaggerate ours I could say I get the feeling you think he deserved it because he was a criminal. :-w
    Are you serious?

Just the fact that you say 'yours' and 'ours' reflects how you see this issue.

I've been very critical of police when they have acted badly- the Cleveland case as well as this particular case. I've defended the police as well: Wilson and- on a smaller and local scale- the personal attacks on Musky by some of the champion contributors here.

You, sir, on the other hand have failed to exercise objectivity at any point of this month long exercise. You have placed yourself on one side of this issue and self-righteously flaunted your sheltered and naïve opinion every moment you have seen the opportunity.

* And I see you fumbled your response: you were quoted saying something else (obviously that means you slapped something down... scratched your pea brain... and then thought of a better and even more clever quip essentially saying the same stupid thing).

Good try!
    Yeah i edited it, I tried to make it a little less assholey... You might try the same every now and then. I'm not sure you could manage.

Your BS about "yours" and "ours" is another over-reaching generalization. YOU claimed "I'm not too concerned for the chokehold" and WE (myself, g under p, riotgirl, oftenreading, and benjs) gave varying levels of dissent. YOU said "some on here would prefer I give the criminal a hug"... I would think that would be directed at those who disagree with your opinion, but I guess maybe my pea brain, being so naive and sheltered isn't capable of following this champion thesis you contributed.

Or maybe you can dish it out but you can't take it. You get all huffy puffy and wind yourself into a tizzy and start insulting every time somebody contributes something you don't like, or counters you in a way you dont care for.
    I never claimed 'I'm not too concerned for the chokehold'. Where did you get this? I claimed 'I'm not too concerned if a criminal finds himself in one'. I also said if a person is subjected to one needlessly... then a police officer should be held accountable.

This little pissing match started when I expressed dismay at the treatment of the fellow who perished in a police chokehold. YOU chimed in with the type of snide comment you admonish me for in this very post of yours- almost as if because I don't consistently side with victims under any circumstances... that it's not my place to empathize with this victim. I responded in kind and you didn't like that.

Freaking hilarious.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

I'm a nurse, not a law enforcement professional. But after seeing Mr. Garner complaining of not being able to breathe and then becoming unresponsive, and seeing the officers on the scene, who ordinarily part of a first responder team, to see them do nothing really upset me. And made me wonder, because nurses follow the Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice , what kind of professional oath officers take. I found this on the International Association of Chiefs of Police.

On my honor,
    I will never betray my badge1,
    my integrity, my character,
    or the public trust.
    I will always have
    the courage to hold myself
    and others accountable for our actions.
    I will always uphold the constitution2
    my community3 and the agency I serve.

Before any officer takes the Law Enforcement Oath of Honor, it is important that he/she understands what it means. An oath is a solemn pledge someone makes when he/she sincerely intends to do what he/she says.

Honor means that one's word is given as a guarantee.
    Betray is defined as breaking faith with the public trust.
    Badge is the symbol of your office.
    Integrity is being the same person in both private and public life.
    Character means the qualities that distinguish an individual.
    Public trust is a charge of duty imposed in faith toward those you serve.
    Courage is having the strength to withstand unethical pressure, fear or danger.
    Accountability means that you are answerable and responsible to your oath of office.
    Community is the jurisdiction and citizens served.

1 Insert appropriate term such as: badge; profession; country
    2 Insert appropriate term such as: constitution, laws; monarch
    3 Insert appropriate term such as: community; country; land; nationtheiacp.org/What-is-the-Law-Enforcement-Oath-of-Honor

Not helping an unconscious man does not seem to be upholding the public trust or holding yourself accountable for your actions. Nor does failing to render aid to a 12 year old that you just shot. It is like these officers don't recognize them as people. Something is seriously wrong here. I know some really good police officers and some truly lousy ones. I think some major house cleaning is in order.

First off, I want to thank you for what you do being a nurse and all. I have been pretty fucked up numerous times from my job and have had some fantastic caring nurses. I have also has some terrible ones… one that almost killed me, so you take the good with the bad along w/ any profession.
    I wanted to adress your concern about police officers and rendering first aid. Police officers are not medics, nurses, doctors, ect. The Serve part of the whole serve and protect thing often gets misunderstood. In my city Police officers its forbidden to render first aid due to massive liability issues for the city and the Police officer. Now I am not going to say it does not happen, but it is against general orders and if caught you will definable be suspended at least a week or 2 without pay. A Police officer's first responsibility in a situation where first aid is needed is to call for a ambulance immediately, then secure the scene, looks for threats around perimeter of scene, make sure nobody is acting the fool around subject, and provide a lane for the medics to render first aide and exit scene for transport to hospital. Perhaps there will be a day when police are paid like Doctors and they can be a one stop shop for all your needs, but I don't see that happening. I don't ever pretend to know what it really takes to be a nurse, or a teacher, or Doctor, ect., … but it truly has been amusing to me reading all the posts on here of what people's expectations are of a Police officer. In any active resister situation our Use of Force model dictates that for lack of a better non-police phrase---- Police are not trained to fight fair. You attack the Police w/ a Knife expect to get shot, you grab for my gun and you don't get to it first expect to be shot, if you are 300lbs and do not comply to verbal commands expect the tazer if I have one or all sorts of hands on takedown moves that might kill you. If You are holding a gun and are ordered to drop it, one inclination of you raising that weapon fake or not towards the police expect to be shot numerous of times. It actually pretty simple and anyone with common sense will understand that, but unfortunately that is not the world we live in. Police Fuck up often, but that kind of goes with the program when your primary job is to respond and resolve people's problems that you don't know from squat and often times hate you.
    I can go on and on about how Police are dammed if you do and dammed if don't, but who's got time for that. All Police want at the end of their shift is to make it home safely to their families…just like everyone else….but not many professions have the element of getting killed .
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Can anyone tell me how many black are arrested in the United States on a daily basis? I'd say it's somewhere around 500+. Just a guess. How many of those arrests end with them resisting? 4? Maybe 5?

My point isn't "I'll take those odds." It's that blacks being thugs isn't the norm. When it's bad, we hear about it. But I'd say 98% of blacks in this country act professionally.
  • Options
    Musky...nice post, a couple thoughts
    Some could look at a situation where a cop can be suspended without pay for offering cpr but given a desk job for a week for taking a life as backwards.
    Not that i don't believe you but it seems even more backwards that a cop could be held liable for providing first aid but not for negligently taking a life.
    Maybe these are the things that should be looked at and changed.
    As for the dangers of being a cop, it's a choice, unless your forced into becoming a cop because it's a family thing. It's no secret it can be angerous, maybe more cops should instead be teachers or accountants.
    There are about 825,000 cops in the US, about 824,875 go home alive to their families each year.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't get the point of your last line, JC.

As to the choice part, I respect anyone with integrity who decides to walk that road, with full knowledge of the risks. Same for our firefighters.

The decent ones, those who give a shit, yeah. Could speak firsthand to many experiences with them.

Whether or not your number of 125 lives lost each year is correct, my condolences to their families. I really hope I incorrectly read the dismissal of their deaths due to their choosing not to pursue other professions.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Can anyone tell me how many black are arrested in the United States on a daily basis? I'd say it's somewhere around 500+. Just a guess. How many of those arrests end with them resisting? 4? Maybe 5?

My point isn't "I'll take those odds." It's that blacks being thugs isn't the norm. When it's bad, we hear about it. But I'd say 98% of blacks in this country act professionally.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't give you permission to mock what I said. That is after all, how you answer questions that make sense or that you simply can't answer. With mockery. But your fictitious numbers are inaccurate. Next time you want to steal my thought, have something with a little better substance.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

I'm pretty sure that I didn't give you permission to mock what I said. That is after all, how you answer questions that make sense or that you simply can't answer. With mockery. But your fictitious numbers are inaccurate. Next time you want to steal my thought, have something with a little better substance.
    I think you should have countered with:

Can anyone tell me how many posts JC submits to the Moving Train on a daily basis? I'd say it's somewhere around 500+. Just a guess. How many of those posts end with them making any sense? 4? Maybe 5?

My point isn't "I'll take those odds." It's that JC's posts being sensible isn't the norm. ...

Just to make light of the situation of course.
    :D
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    muskydan said:

I'm a nurse, not a law enforcement professional. But after seeing Mr. Garner complaining of not being able to breathe and then becoming unresponsive, and seeing the officers on the scene, who ordinarily part of a first responder team, to see them do nothing really upset me. And made me wonder, because nurses follow the Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice , what kind of professional oath officers take. I found this on the International Association of Chiefs of Police.

On my honor,
    I will never betray my badge1,
    my integrity, my character,
    or the public trust.
    I will always have
    the courage to hold myself
    and others accountable for our actions.
    I will always uphold the constitution2
    my community3 and the agency I serve.

Before any officer takes the Law Enforcement Oath of Honor, it is important that he/she understands what it means. An oath is a solemn pledge someone makes when he/she sincerely intends to do what he/she says.

Honor means that one's word is given as a guarantee.
    Betray is defined as breaking faith with the public trust.
    Badge is the symbol of your office.
    Integrity is being the same person in both private and public life.
    Character means the qualities that distinguish an individual.
    Public trust is a charge of duty imposed in faith toward those you serve.
    Courage is having the strength to withstand unethical pressure, fear or danger.
    Accountability means that you are answerable and responsible to your oath of office.
    Community is the jurisdiction and citizens served.

1 Insert appropriate term such as: badge; profession; country
    2 Insert appropriate term such as: constitution, laws; monarch
    3 Insert appropriate term such as: community; country; land; nationtheiacp.org/What-is-the-Law-Enforcement-Oath-of-Honor

Not helping an unconscious man does not seem to be upholding the public trust or holding yourself accountable for your actions. Nor does failing to render aid to a 12 year old that you just shot. It is like these officers don't recognize them as people. Something is seriously wrong here. I know some really good police officers and some truly lousy ones. I think some major house cleaning is in order.

First off, I want to thank you for what you do being a nurse and all. I have been pretty fucked up numerous times from my job and have had some fantastic caring nurses. I have also has some terrible ones… one that almost killed me, so you take the good with the bad along w/ any profession.
    I wanted to adress your concern about police officers and rendering first aid. Police officers are not medics, nurses, doctors, ect. The Serve part of the whole serve and protect thing often gets misunderstood. In my city Police officers its forbidden to render first aid due to massive liability issues for the city and the Police officer. Now I am not going to say it does not happen, but it is against general orders and if caught you will definable be suspended at least a week or 2 without pay. A Police officer's first responsibility in a situation where first aid is needed is to call for a ambulance immediately, then secure the scene, looks for threats around perimeter of scene, make sure nobody is acting the fool around subject, and provide a lane for the medics to render first aide and exit scene for transport to hospital. Perhaps there will be a day when police are paid like Doctors and they can be a one stop shop for all your needs, but I don't see that happening. I don't ever pretend to know what it really takes to be a nurse, or a teacher, or Doctor, ect., … but it truly has been amusing to me reading all the posts on here of what people's expectations are of a Police officer. In any active resister situation our Use of Force model dictates that for lack of a better non-police phrase---- Police are not trained to fight fair. You attack the Police w/ a Knife expect to get shot, you grab for my gun and you don't get to it first expect to be shot, if you are 300lbs and do not comply to verbal commands expect the tazer if I have one or all sorts of hands on takedown moves that might kill you. If You are holding a gun and are ordered to drop it, one inclination of you raising that weapon fake or not towards the police expect to be shot numerous of times. It actually pretty simple and anyone with common sense will understand that, but unfortunately that is not the world we live in. Police Fuck up often, but that kind of goes with the program when your primary job is to respond and resolve people's problems that you don't know from squat and often times hate you.
    I can go on and on about how Police are dammed if you do and dammed if don't, but who's got time for that. All Police want at the end of their shift is to make it home safely to their families…just like everyone else….but not many professions have the element of getting killed .
    Interesting point that in your jurisdiction police officers are forbidden from rendering first aid. Where I live, both police officers and fire fighters are First Responders, who render what aid they can until the paramedics arrive. It isn't a matter of expecting physician-level response, or even paramedic-level response; they do what they have been trained to do, which I believe is an Industrial First Aid level response.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I was thinking about this after the fact (and, apropos of nothing, while listening to Waylon Jennings wailing out Can't You See and covering the Weight. A bear, he was.).

Forgive my digression.

This become a teacher or accountant business - true, neither literally put their life on the line on a daily basis but there's no less honor or nobility in pursuing that road. And their impact can be, often is, positive.

(and yes, I'm married to an accountant :D)
  • Options

. It isn't a matter of expecting physician-level response, or even paramedic-level response; they do what they have been trained to do, which I believe is an Industrial First Aid level response.

Maybe just this would allow these folks to live another day and have their day in court as opposed to being found guilty and dispatched at the scene.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    muskydan said:

Point taken on the good and bad of any profession. I have had some pretty questionable nurses too. None have about killed me, but some made me want to kill them. ;)

And thank you for the answer about the response you are mandated to give. I suppose someone in city hall doesn't want to face those legal liability issues and face a city lawsuit. But that is truly one case where they could be damned if you do (and injure someone further by rendering aid) and damned if you don't (the person dies because you do nothing). Even a grunt in the Army is taught how to apply pressure to a wound and deliver basic first aid and do CPR. I teach lay people that Good Samaritan laws protect them from lawsuits if they render CPR. From what I understand they would also cover me if I was out driving and came upon a scene, but would not cover you because you are on the job.

Is it the same if you walk in on a scene where say a guy goes nuts and shoots his family? Are you still not supposed to try and keep people from bleeding to death before the ambulance and EMT's arrive?
  • Options

muskydan said:

Point taken on the good and bad of any profession. I have had some pretty questionable nurses too. None have about killed me, but some made me want to kill them. ;)

And thank you for the answer about the response you are mandated to give. I suppose someone in city hall doesn't want to face those legal liability issues and face a city lawsuit. But that is truly one case where they could be damned if you do (and injure someone further by rendering aid) and damned if you don't (the person dies because you do nothing). Even a grunt in the Army is taught how to apply pressure to a wound and deliver basic first aid and do CPR. I teach lay people that Good Samaritan laws protect them from lawsuits if they render CPR. From what I understand they would also cover me if I was out driving and came upon a scene, but would not cover you because you are on the job.

Is it the same if you walk in on a scene where say a guy goes nuts and shoots his family? Are you still not supposed to try and keep people from bleeding to death before the ambulance and EMT's arrive?
    In that situation if the guy is still on scene The police's first priority is to eliminate the threat so the EMT guys can get to the victims. I have been a part of a similar situation where dude killed his best friend and wife after he caught them doing whoppi. He barracaded himself in the apartment. Meanwhile we can hear his wife and friend screaming in agony as they were bleeding out. EMT's we're going nowhere near that situation until dude was elimated. It took us about 15 minutes to gear up and take the apartment. It was quite the gun battle and dude looked like Swiss cheese when it was all said and done. Unfortionately the wife and friend had already expired by the time we got to them. I personally have rendered first aid numerous times, but it all depends on the situation. I ain't getting blood on my hands from some gangbanger who got lit up on the corner selling dope Where he ain't supposed 2 be. That's about 90 % of my towns shootings .
    But to answer you question, NO, you are not supposed to touch anyone. Wait for ambulance
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Musky...nice post, a couple thoughts
    Some could look at a situation where a cop can be suspended without pay for offering cpr but given a desk job for a week for taking a life as backwards.
    Not that i don't believe you but it seems even more backwards that a cop could be held liable for providing first aid but not for negligently taking a life.
    Maybe these are the things that should be looked at and changed.
    As for the dangers of being a cop, it's a choice, unless your forced into becoming a cop because it's a family thing. It's no secret it can be angerous, maybe more cops should instead be teachers or accountants.
    There are about 825,000 cops in the US, about 824,875 go home alive to their families each year.

Um yah, if you are PROVEN to take someone's life negligently on the job you will be sent away to Prison no doubt about that. I know a handful locked up now.
    And yes, being a Cop was a choice and I love it. It has wisen me up to see what the real world is like. It has also made me appreciate everyday my upbringing after seeing how the ghetto community lives and treats eachother.
    You would think these protesters would protest in the ghetto where 14 people shot and killed just last weekend, 7 killed this weekend, but NO.... Let's go downtown and piss all the tax paying working people off by expressing our hatered for the Police for killing 2 "upstanding"citizens. Seems logical to me, but I have worked the ghetto for way too long so my mind blown.
  • Options
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/street-artist-critical-condition-facing-death-police-car-ran/

DW playbook similar to MB incredible hulk hogan running at bullets...and then the classic "if he wouldn't have been committing a crime".

Detective Michael Cadavid chased after the young artist in his unmarked patrol car, eventually running him over. After the incident, Cadavid claimed that Demz jumped out in front of the car and could not be avoided.
    “I understand she is extremely upset, and rightfully so, and that her son is in the hospital,” Miami police union President Javier Ortiz said by text. “However, for every action there’s a reaction. If he would have not been committing a crime and then running from law enforcement, this could have been avoided. Her son is in our prayers.”
  • Options
    http://deadspin.com/santa-clara-police-attack-fan-at-pac-12-championship-ga-1667994556

this guy was beaten with batons, choked and tackled and arrested for committing the crime of walking the wrong way!
  • Options
    muskydan said:

In that situation if the guy is still on scene The police's first priority is to eliminate the threat so the EMT guys can get to the victims. I have been a part of a similar situation where dude killed his best friend and wife after he caught them doing whoppi. He barracaded himself in the apartment. Meanwhile we can hear his wife and friend screaming in agony as they were bleeding out. EMT's we're going nowhere near that situation until dude was elimated. It took us about 15 minutes to gear up and take the apartment. It was quite the gun battle and dude looked like Swiss cheese when it was all said and done. Unfortionately the wife and friend had already expired by the time we got to them. I personally have rendered first aid numerous times, but it all depends on the situation. I ain't getting blood on my hands from some gangbanger who got lit up on the corner selling dope Where he ain't supposed 2 be. That's about 90 % of my towns shootings .
    But to answer you question, NO, you are not supposed to touch anyone. Wait for ambulance

*-:) I really want to thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I have a much better understanding of the situation. You work in a very stressful and dangerous job. Not exactly a war zone, but some days I bet it is pretty close. I am sure that to survive emotionally after seeing all that police officers have that most people don't like to think about, it becomes necessary to compartmentalize some of those situations. The "dude (that) looked like Swiss cheese" and not "getting blood on my hands from some gangbanger" helps you to survive. I am sure that it is an attitude that is adopted by many officers in the field. But that attitude is felt by the people in those "ghetto" communities, and makes them fear that the police view them as bad guys by virtue of where they live. Maybe it is not so much "hatred of police" as fear. Maybe they run away from cops because they fear what might happen to them if they don't. Fear and feelings of persecution will drive people to do a lot of things. Something has got to give. Peace muskydan. Be safe
  • Options

muskydan said:

*-:) I really want to thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I have a much better understanding of the situation. You work in a very stressful and dangerous job. Not exactly a war zone, but some days I bet it is pretty close. I am sure that to survive emotionally after seeing all that police officers have that most people don't like to think about, it becomes necessary to compartmentalize some of those situations. The "dude (that) looked like Swiss cheese" and not "getting blood on my hands from some gangbanger" helps you to survive. I am sure that it is an attitude that is adopted by many officers in the field. But that attitude is felt by the people in those "ghetto" communities, and makes them fear that the police view them as bad guys by virtue of where they live. Maybe it is not so much "hatred of police" as fear. Maybe they run away from cops because they fear what might happen to them if they don't. Fear and feelings of persecution will drive people to do a lot of things. Something has got to give. Peace muskydan. Be safe
    Being the police in Chicago is a completely different animal that anywhere else if you Ask me. Lots of reasons, but the biggest if is that the storefront rev-runs and community activists pretty much run the city. They always deliver the votes for the infamous Democratic MACHINE . In the last 5 years I have found that the people in the ghetto no longer fear the police. They challenge and resist us all the time. I have been in more physical altercations and injured in the past years 5 years 3x as much as my first 10. When the bad guys no longer have a fear the Police society is in big trouble. Police Departments Will always fudge the numberous giving the General public a false sence of Hope that crime is down and there is nothing to fear. Chicago is the biggest violator of fudging numbers since the CPD is run not by the Department, but city hall and our egotistical Mayor Sir Rahm Emmanuel brought to you by the Emperor himself Barry Obama.
    My old partner is a homocide Det. And he told me the other day we are exactly at the number of homicides as we had last year at this time, but what you don't know is the dept is holding onto 43 " death investigations" that are obvious homicides but city hall does not want to have a 18% increase in homicides from last year when the rest of the country are having 20-30% drops in homicides.... Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors...look up Comp Stat if you wana learn how police deptments fudge numbers.
    So The good people that are forced to live in the ghetto hate it what they all know, and that' s the Police Hands are tied. I talk to these salt of the earth oldtimers all the time when I get my coffee and they can't believe we can just pull up on a corner anymore and push off or lock up the countless dope dealing gangbanging shitbirds..It's those oldtimers and their families I am concerned for, the rest well they run the show now, we just pick up the pieces and call for an ambulance.....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Being the police in Chicago is a completely different animal that anywhere else if you Ask me. Lots of reasons, but the biggest if is that the storefront rev-runs and community activists pretty much run the city. They always deliver the votes for the infamous Democratic MACHINE . In the last 5 years I have found that the people in the ghetto no longer fear the police. They challenge and resist us all the time. I have been in more physical altercations and injured in the past years 5 years 3x as much as my first 10. When the bad guys no longer have a fear the Police society is in big trouble. Police Departments Will always fudge the numberous giving the General public a false sence of Hope that crime is down and there is nothing to fear. Chicago is the biggest violator of fudging numbers since the CPD is run not by the Department, but city hall and our egotistical Mayor Sir Rahm Emmanuel brought to you by the Emperor himself Barry Obama.
    My old partner is a homocide Det. And he told me the other day we are exactly at the number of homicides as we had last year at this time, but what you don't know is the dept is holding onto 43 " death investigations" that are obvious homicides but city hall does not want to have a 18% increase in homicides from last year when the rest of the country are having 20-30% drops in homicides.... Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors...look up Comp Stat if you wana learn how police deptments fudge numbers.
    So The good people that are forced to live in the ghetto hate it what they all know, and that' s the Police Hands are tied. I talk to these salt of the earth oldtimers all the time when I get my coffee and they can't believe we can just pull up on a corner anymore and push off or lock up the countless dope dealing gangbanging shitbirds..It's those oldtimers and their families I am concerned for, the rest well they run the show now, we just pick up the pieces and call for an ambulance.....
    I knew it wouldn't take long for you to start spewing your hate for OBAMA & democratic party .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

I knew it wouldn't take long for you to start spewing your hate for OBAMA & democratic party .....
    Hate is a pretty strong word….perhaps you can use that word for Rhamrina, but I defiantly don't hate Barry. He is a real nice man and his wife a an absolute Doll who always has loved the police. I have met Obama numerous times over the years as a congressmen and doing Presidential security details and he is alway responsive to the Police shaking our hands and giving us hi-fives and fist bumps. I just feel he has been a colossal failure as a President and we can just leave it at that.
  • Options
    Shot in the chest by Cleveland police – then handcuffed and fined $100

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/06/cleveland-police-department-shot-black-man?CMP=ema_632
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    <
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Dear Muskydan, if what you just wrote here is true, i hope you are actually doing something about it and not just posting on this website.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hate is a pretty strong word….perhaps you can use that word for Rhamrina, but I defiantly don't hate Barry. He is a real nice man and his wife a an absolute Doll who always has loved the police. I have met Obama numerous times over the years as a congressmen and doing Presidential security details and he is alway responsive to the Police shaking our hands and giving us hi-fives and fist bumps. I just feel he has been a colossal failure as a President and we can just leave it at that.
    you can paint yourself any rosy color you may like just the fact that you address Obama as barry is telling enough ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Why? Barry isn't an acceptable form of Barack?
This discussion has been closed.