Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    If you are a camera person and the police move people back you'd better move.

Was it right, No but you can't just stay somewhere when they are clearing an area.
    First why are they clearing the area of peaceful protesters? Second they were standing still not being pushed back for quite some time in that video. The cops then pushed forward and attacked them and one camerperson was punched in the face just standing there. Are you really saying that ya its not right what the cops are doing but you should listen to them anyway? Where should they have gone? How far back is good enough? Why was where they were standing not good enough? 
    Cop hit the camera, not their face from what I can see?

I wasn't there but I find it hard to believe that the cops blitzed on them for no reason.  Something always ignites something.

I would prefer the cops to put down the riot gear.  It sends a better message towards the crowd but I don't know abut any of this anymore.  I am starting to believe that agitators are placed in the crowds to start shit and make people look bad.

I just don't know anymore.
    Why do you “find it hard to believe that the cops blitzed on them for no reasons”?

If we have learned nothing else from the events of the past ten days, it should be that clearly the cops do blitz on people for “no reason”, and not that infrequently. Of course, there are reasons, but they relate to power and corruption and racism and issues like that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    Kat said:
    Regarding the Park clearing in DC...wouldn't normal people have announced with a bullhorn that this area needs to be cleared for a few hours...thank you for your cooperation. Why didn't the authorities act normal? ...act with authority in a respectful way? It's too much to ask because the clearing wasn't the point...it was the DOMINATION and the abuse of citizens.

100%. They claim that they gave 3 warnings to clear the area but I've seen multiple reporters who were there say they didn't hear anything. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,264
    Kat said:
    Regarding the Park clearing in DC...wouldn't normal people have announced with a bullhorn that this area needs to be cleared for a few hours...thank you for your cooperation. Why didn't the authorities act normal? ...act with authority in a respectful way? It's too much to ask because the clearing wasn't the point...it was the DOMINATION and the abuse of citizens.

the authorities do not respect the people. this is why the people have grown beyond the command of the authorities. this is why there will never be peace without the authorities spilling the blood of the people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,714
    It’s all just very sad. I hate the lumping all cops together though that is done too often.  And I’d really like to see how some around here would handle themselves in these situations.

Clearly some are out of control and shouldn’t be cops anymore. But it’s not all or even most. I wish the protests had remained protests. 

You're right in the sense that not all cops should be painted with the same brush... and I'll also agree with what another person on here posted about the fact that policing is not easy, it's an extremely stressful gig, and they don't get paid enough. 

That said.. there is something that has bothered me for a long time about policing and that is the "Blue Brotherhood" and it is what in my opinion caused George Floyd to lose his  life.  It's systemic here in Canada as well.  When "Black Lives Matter" began as a movement, all of a sudden another movement began... "Blue Lives Matter."  That to me is shameful of the police to look at themselves as their own people, their own team.  It creates an atmosphere of "Us vs. Them" and I have always believed that police should understand fundamentally that they NEED to be unbiased. That they serve a public, paid by a public. Yes, you deal with a lot of crap, but that's what you signed up for. You better be prepared and be able to handle your emotions. 

When I see what's happening, people are asking for justice.  And yes the officer was charged but this is happening too much. Police see themselves as their own family. And they protect one another, like a family, like a team.  They shouldn't.   I have no idea how that's going to change, but seeing cops walk with protesters is a great start. The same cops I see posting on social media all the time about Pro police issues and "look how great we are" NEVER post an opinion about police abusing power or using excessive force for fear of that Brotherhood turning on them.  They have a long way to go. Trump isn't helping matters. Shameful. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think they already thought that. It's just now, they're actually smelling the chemicals and worrying that it's about to blow. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    Kat said:

Probably seen already but in case not:

'I am outraged': DC Episcopal bishop condemns Trump church visit

The bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington sharply criticized President Donald Trump on Monday for staging a visit to the historic St. John's Church across from the White House, where he held up a Bible after authorities had cleared the area of peaceful protesters.

The Rev. Mariann Budde, whose diocese St. John's belongs to, said she was “outraged” by Trump's visit and noted that he didn’t pray while stopping by the church, a landmark known for its regular visits from sitting presidents since the early 19th century.

"The president also did not “acknowledge the agony and sacred worth of people of color in our nation who rightfully demand an end to 400 years of systemic racism and white supremacy in our country," Budde said in a statement posted to the diocese's Facebook account after Trump's televised visit.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,029
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think they already thought that. It's just now, they're actually smelling the chemicals and worrying that it's about to blow. 
    Got to be up wind at a time like this!

As funny as that meme reads we love you guys as our closest neighbour and it pains me and others I know to see this all go down like it is. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    edited June 2020
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

The bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington sharply criticized President Donald Trump on Monday for staging a visit to the historic St. John's Church across from the White House, where he held up a Bible after authorities had cleared the area of peaceful protesters.

The Rev. Mariann Budde, whose diocese St. John's belongs to, said she was “outraged” by Trump's visit and noted that he didn’t pray while stopping by the church, a landmark known for its regular visits from sitting presidents since the early 19th century.

"The president also did not “acknowledge the agony and sacred worth of people of color in our nation who rightfully demand an end to 400 years of systemic racism and white supremacy in our country," Budde said in a statement posted to the diocese's Facebook account after Trump's televised visit.

I did, thank you and I'm very surprised I haven't seen it on the news. Admittedly, I haven't watched a lot and maybe I missed it but I think it's important information. I'm becoming very unhappy with what I'm seeing and NOT seeing on the broadcast media. I learn more on Twitter but it's important to be suspicious and decide what looks real...video helps a lot and then I can judge for myself.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:
    Things getting better everyday there..sorry for my sarcasm..

https://youtu.be/nr1WwyKDFQs

LOL,  "stupidest mother fuckers I've ever seen..."
    Honestly, seemed like the FBI guy wanted itntongondpwn that way. Sounded like the cops were acting off a complaint and didn’t lose their cool or anything and at any time he could have showed his ID, instead he refuses and when they reach for it he says “wait until they see this.”
    Yeah, he wanted it to go down that way.  He wanted it to go down that way because those cops are full of shit and they don't give a fuck about his rights.  Once again, police have free reign to be antagonistic, but we citizens are supposed to just play along like good little subjects.  What you choose to comment on when you see this is telling...
    So you agree with me then criticize me for the same comment? Ok.
    How you know the cops are full of shit? Maybe they are, maybe not, I don’t know what this video. Not really much to go on in that video unless you just assume all cops are full of shit.
    They are full of shit and you know it, they don't have any evidence that this man committed a crime, and they detain him because he doesn't kiss their ass enough.  People have rights, whether you like it or not.  This man did not violate any law and his physical sovereignty was violated for no reason, whatsoever.  Again, that your reaction is to criticize HIM and not THEM speaks volumes about what you think about Constitutional rights.
    I wasn’t criticizing the FBI guy. I made a comment that was how he intended it to happen. Maybe he did it that way to prove a point, I don’t know. All I said was he controlled the situation and it happened the way he wanted it too. Don’t know why you jump to all these conclusions.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

I did, thank you and I'm very surprised I haven't seen it on the news. Admittedly, I haven't watched a lot and maybe I missed it but I think it's important information. I'm becoming very unhappy with what I'm seeing and NOT seeing on the broadcast media. I learn more on Twitter but it's important to be suspicious and decide what looks real...video helps a lot and then I can judge for myself.
    I heard her speak to this on broadcast media.  Either CNN or MSNBC.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    edited June 2020
    brianlux said:
    I haven't been able to verify this, but someone told me they had read that in cities where the cops are in support of the protesters, there is little or no violence.  Anyone else here heard that/ have  a link with related info?
    Police Chief joined in silent march here last night. Instead of looting and vandalizing they read the names of those who have been a victim of police brutality. Seems like a better tactic to me.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

LOL,  "stupidest mother fuckers I've ever seen..."
    Honestly, seemed like the FBI guy wanted itntongondpwn that way. Sounded like the cops were acting off a complaint and didn’t lose their cool or anything and at any time he could have showed his ID, instead he refuses and when they reach for it he says “wait until they see this.”
    Yeah, he wanted it to go down that way.  He wanted it to go down that way because those cops are full of shit and they don't give a fuck about his rights.  Once again, police have free reign to be antagonistic, but we citizens are supposed to just play along like good little subjects.  What you choose to comment on when you see this is telling...
    So you agree with me then criticize me for the same comment? Ok.
    How you know the cops are full of shit? Maybe they are, maybe not, I don’t know what this video. Not really much to go on in that video unless you just assume all cops are full of shit.
    They are full of shit and you know it, they don't have any evidence that this man committed a crime, and they detain him because he doesn't kiss their ass enough.  People have rights, whether you like it or not.  This man did not violate any law and his physical sovereignty was violated for no reason, whatsoever.  Again, that your reaction is to criticize HIM and not THEM speaks volumes about what you think about Constitutional rights.
    I wasn’t criticizing the FBI guy. I made a comment that was how he intended it to happen. Maybe he did it that way to prove a point, I don’t know. All I said was he controlled the situation and it happened the way he wanted it too. Don’t know why you jump to all these conclusions. 

My point was I don’t know why this was shared as an example of police brutality without the whole story. 2 cops walk up to a guy, ask for his ID because he matches the description of a call/report. He refuses, but is light hearted and joking. The police remain calm. This goes on for a minute or 2. They put him in cuffs for about 10 seconds while they check his ID then let him go. I don’t understand what is police abuse about that, unless you believe there was no suspect and no description, but there’s nothing to suggest that.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Thanks, Cincy. I'm glad to hear that. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    Kat said:
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Thanks, Cincy. I'm glad to hear that. :)
    Not that I don't agree with you about the coverage.  ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    JW269453 said:
    brianlux said:
    I haven't been able to verify this, but someone told me they had read that in cities where the cops are in support of the protesters, there is little or no violence.  Anyone else here heard that/ have  a link with related info?
    Police Chief joined in silent march here last night. Instead of looting and vandalizing they read the names of those who have been a victim of police brutality. Seems like a better tactic to me.

Well done!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,316
    JW269453 said:
    brianlux said:
    More people need to wear masks but it is a step in the right direction!
  • Options
    I've started to see people wonder aloud (and wondered myself) why NYC isn't diverting more police away from peaceful protests and toward rampant looting. A couple interesting things:

1. Andrew Cuomo had some strong words about the situation

2. I trust Danny Gold's reporting, but standard caveats on anonymous quotes apply

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    I've started to see people wonder aloud (and wondered myself) why NYC isn't diverting more police away from peaceful protests and toward rampant looting. A couple interesting things:

2. I trust Danny Gold's reporting, but standard caveats on anonymous quotes apply

Anyone that is a cop, family of them or conservative is ripping Cuomo right now.  There is NOTHING that you can say to them that would convince them otherwise.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Anyone that is a cop, family of them or conservative is ripping Cuomo right now.  There is NOTHING that you can say to them that would convince them otherwise.
    First two, probably. Conservatives? Way way fewer than usual.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    pjl44 said:

Then they shouldn't be cops. They got into the wrong profession if they don't want to do their jobs.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Then they shouldn't be cops. They got into the wrong profession if they don't want to do their jobs.
    There has been a rift between the Mayor and the police for years now here in NY.  Cops and their families hate them.  The conservative voice hates Deblausio AND Cuomo but dislikes DeBlausio more.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    PJNB said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJNB said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    Ugh, this picture just kills me (those are beanbag and tear gas guns I believe for anyone thinking they are semi-auto rifles). Those are protestors; not rioters, not looters. They were violating the city imposed curfew yesterday that started at 8pm. The police are put in a shitty position and the protestors want their message to be heard. I get needing to curtail the violence and looting, but I wish there was an opportunity for those being peaceful to still be heard 24/7.
    Protesters were detained by the police in Minneapolis on Sunday
    I appreciate your post. Too many are just cop bashing right now. But they are out between a rock and a hard place. Some are over reacting, most are just trying to get through their shift.
    Peaceful protests are getting teargassed and maced as we speak right now. Take a look what is going on in Philly this second. That is not between a rock and a hard place imo. That is stoking violence and more unrest. At night past curfew is a different ballgame but I have seen way too many videos the last couple of days of peaceful protesters and media being beaten, shot at (non lethal), and maced with other cops just watching. I assume the cops that stand there watching are the good cops you are talking about trying to get through their shift. Until we get to a day where the good cops police the bad cops we are going to be on an endless loop with this shit. 

I respect police and know they have a tough job with split second decisions and their life is on the line every time they start their shift. They did however sign up for that job and I would hope through training and leadership that some kind of change could happen with how they conduct their business. 

Haven’t really watched tv yet today. But the last 3 or 4 days every situation like you described had rocks and water bottles being thrown at the cops. Or a few cases where they were trying to move a crowd or clear a road. I’m sure there was unnecessary use of gas with all the chaos, but it looks like most of it was justified.

I did see a cop shoot a paint gun at people for standing on their porch, that was stupid. 
    To be fair to the cops the majority of them are standing around and allowing peaceful protests. That is not newsworthy or interesting however so the times that this does not happen we would see the videos and think that maybe the norm of what is happening right now. 

To go back to the good cops and bad cops comment I made. I would really hope and want to believe that there are only a few bad apples in the police force and the overwhelming majority are good cops trying to make an honest living and doing honest days work. If this is the case however why are the good cops not pushing the bad cops out more often instead of turning a blind eye or not speaking up when they would have a chance to do so? I am not saying this does not happen at all I am wondering why this does not happen with more consistency. If a peaceful protester is standing there not doing anything wrong and a cop comes up and shoves that protester from behind knocking them over, kicks and maces them in the middle of the day how are the other cops just watching this happen and continue on with their march? I just do not get it. I know everyone is on edge but come on. I have seen a couple of times where cops did step up but the vast majority they have not. 

To Brian's comments about cops that are in support of the protesters having  an easier time dealing with them. I thought about that yesterday as well and think it is very true. A lot of that was in the daytime however and once the curfew hits and the dark takes over all bets are off it seems.  
    Actually, I have been watching extensive coverage of the protests, and most of the networks that I saw have mentioned how most of the protests were peaceful.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    edited June 2020
    23scidoo said:

But, according to this Tweet, and if True, this happened a year ago.

Still, not good

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    https://apple.news/A3mx0wo4SSvKRu_BXi3RMuA  Kareem Abdul Jabbar

What was your first reaction when you saw the video of the white cop kneeling on George Floyd’s neck while Floyd croaked, “I can’t breathe”?

If you’re white, you probably muttered a horrified, “Oh, my God” while shaking your head at the cruel injustice. If you’re black, you probably leapt to your feet, cursed, maybe threw something (certainly wanted to throw something), while shouting, “Not @#$%! again!” Then you remember the two white vigilantes accused of murdering Ahmaud Arbery as he jogged through their neighborhood in February, and how if it wasn’t for that video emerging a few weeks ago, they would have gotten away with it. And how those Minneapolis cops claimed Floyd was resisting arrest but a store’s video showed he wasn’t. And how the cop on Floyd’s neck wasn’t an enraged redneck stereotype, but a sworn officer who looked calm and entitled and devoid of pity: the banality of evil incarnate.

Maybe you also are thinking about the Karen in Central Park who called 911 claiming the black man who asked her to put a leash on her dog was threatening her. Or the black Yale University grad student napping in the common room of her dorm who was reported by a white student. Because you realize it’s not just a supposed “black criminal” who is targeted, it’s the whole spectrum of black faces from Yonkers to Yale.

You start to wonder if it should be all black people who wear body cams, not the cops.

What do you see when you see angry black protesters amassing outside police stations with raised fists? If you’re white, you may be thinking, “They certainly aren’t social distancing.” Then you notice the black faces looting Target and you think, “Well, that just hurts their cause.” Then you see the police station on fire and you wag a finger saying, “That’s putting the cause backward.”

You’re not wrong — but you’re not right, either. The black community is used to the institutional racism inherent in education, the justice system and jobs. And even though we do all the conventional things to raise public and political awareness — write articulate and insightful pieces in the Atlantic, explain the continued devastation on CNN, support candidates who promise change — the needle hardly budges.

But COVID-19 has been slamming the consequences of all that home as we die at a significantly higher rate than whites, are the first to lose our jobs, and watch helplessly as Republicans try to keep us from voting. Just as the slimy underbelly of institutional racism is being exposed, it feels like hunting season is open on blacks. If there was any doubt, President Trump’s recent tweets confirm the national zeitgeist as he calls protesters "thugs" and looters fair game to be shot.

Yes, protests often are used as an excuse for some to take advantage, just as when fans celebrating a hometown sports team championship burn cars and destroy storefronts. I don’t want to see stores looted or even buildings burn. But African Americans have been living in a burning building for many years, choking on the smoke as the flames burn closer and closer. Racism in America is like dust in the air. It seems invisible — even if you’re choking on it — until you let the sun in. Then you see it’s everywhere. As long as we keep shining that light, we have a chance of cleaning it wherever it lands. But we have to stay vigilant, because it’s always still in the air.

So, maybe the black community’s main concern right now isn’t whether protesters are standing three or six feet apart or whether a few desperate souls steal some T-shirts or even set a police station on fire, but whether their sons, husbands, brothers and fathers will be murdered by cops or wannabe cops just for going on a walk, a jog, a drive. Or whether being black means sheltering at home for the rest of their lives because the racism virus infecting the country is more deadly than COVID-19.

What you should see when you see black protesters in the age of Trump and coronavirus is people pushed to the edge, not because they want bars and nail salons open, but because they want to live. To breathe.

Worst of all, is that we are expected to justify our outraged behavior every time the cauldron bubbles over. Almost 70 years ago, Langston Hughes asked in his poem “Harlem”: “What happens to a dream deferred? /… Maybe it sags / like a heavy load. / Or does it explode?” 

Fifty years ago, Marvin Gaye sang in “Inner City Blues”: “Make me wanna holler / The way they do my life.” And today, despite the impassioned speeches of well-meaning leaders, white and black, they want to silence our voice, steal our breath.

So what you see when you see black protesters depends on whether you’re living in that burning building or watching it on TV with a bowl of corn chips in your lap waiting for "NCIS" to start.

What I want to see is not a rush to judgment, but a rush to justice.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the N.B.A.’s all-time leading scorer, is the author of 16 books, including, most recently, “Mycroft & Sherlock —The Empty Birdcage” www.kareemabduljabbar.com

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:

Still, not good

The cesspool of social media continues. No way that guy was an FBI agent based on how he was acting. What happened at the end was they took out his regular old ID like any Jo-schmoe and saw he wasn't the guy with the warrant. Now, whether they came to the assumption of him being the suspect just because both are black isn't clear.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    So what was this great thing in his wallet?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    cutz said:
    23scidoo said:

Still, not good

The cesspool of social media continues. No way that guy was an FBI agent based on how he was acting. What happened at the end was they took out his regular old ID like any Jo-schmoe and saw he wasn't the guy with the warrant. Now, whether they came to the assumption of him being the suspect just because both are black isn't clear.
    That makes more sense. Sounds like the police were following up on a BOLO. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited June 2020

A statesmanlike statement not too controversial and not too mild. Still an honest effort, but I wish some of our former elected heads of state especially ones that weren’t the most progressive and are trying to join the cause would have the courage to end a statement like this with #blacklivesmatter 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
This discussion has been closed.