Options

Imagine That -- I’m Still Anti-War

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

wish i could laugh or even sleep while my country has illegally killed 1000 innocent civilians

Or when air sirens are constantly going off from incoming rockets
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758
    edited July 2014

hamas built those tunnels to sneak in much needed food and medical supplies according to some. I dont doubt that. Israel cut off their water and electricity, what do you want them to do?

Hamas built those tunnels to sneak much needed food, medical supplies, water, contraband goods, spies, weapons, and to hopefully shore up tactical spots for battle and bomb attacks. Not even making a statement here. Let's just stick to reality and keep all the facts out in the open.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997

hamas built those tunnels to sneak in much needed food and medical supplies according to some. I dont doubt that. Israel cut off their water and electricity, what do you want them to do?

I don't doubt that they smuggled in much more than just food and medical supplies. Conduct on both sides is deplorable. I want the shooting to stop and look to the Israelis first because they are on the offensive, but I would stop well short of making excuses for Hamas.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Yes it does.
    And as it says there, both sides seem guilty of war crimes. It's a very sad and infuriating situation.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Absolutely heart breaking and the second video says it all. Both sides are guilty. Making this thread about Israel only without any mention of Hamas does an injustice to the Anti-War message at the top.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Absolutely heart breaking and the second video says it all. Both sides are guilty. Making this thread about Israel only without any mention of Hamas does an injustice to the Anti-War message at the top.
    Totally agree.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Remember when the President said if he had a son he would look like Trayvon.
    He might also look a little like those 4 kids blown up on a beach while playing soccer.
    Where in the hell is the NAACP, the Black Congressional Caucus, Eugene Robinson, Rev. Al Sharpton, Harold Ford, Jr., Cory Booker and/or Jesse Jackson on this issue? Is EVERYONE OF THEM ON MSNBC's payroll?

"Mind over matter, MOUTH in motion, cant defy cuz I'll never be QUIET!" Chuck D, "A MESSAGE TO A BLACK MAN"
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    edited July 2014
    BS44325 said:

wish i could laugh or even sleep while my country has illegally killed 1000 innocent civilians

how many of those rockets have actually landed and caused damage again? none?

rather hear a siren than have a less than 1 minute warning to evacuate my family from my home before its destroyed by an IDF bomb
  • Options

BS44325 said:

rather hear a siren than have a less than 1 minute warning to evacuate my family from my home before its destroyed by an IDF bomb
    The rockets that Hamas fired at their own people caused some damage.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4542242,00.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/25/a-high-chance-shell-that-hit-gaza-school-killing-15-was-shot-by-hamas-israeli-defence-official/

Maybe Hamas should just stop firing them altogether. Do you agree?
  • Options
    I would have a hard time feeling sympathetic for those who were setting off air raid sirens in my neighborhood, regardless of what atrocities my government was committing. Knowing that those missiles were snuck in through secret tunnels would make it very hard to trust in the success of any truce or cease fire agreement.

If the rocket attacks are merely as symbolic as some are claiming, why does Hamas not stop firing? Announce that you have ceased fire and challenge the Israelis to do the same. That would seem a better strategy than to continue firing ineffective weapons and giving your oppressor an excuse to return fire.

• Options
    All of this is a reaction to three israelis deaths that Hamas arent even responsible for...israel using any excuse to continue its landgrab and extermination of Palestinians and tough shit that the civilians are in the way, well no, theyre actually the real target..
    it's inexcusable and everyone knows what theyre doing. Paint it any way you like, this is genocide, massacre, slaughter, whatever you want to call it. It's indefensible and history will be the judge.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

The rockets that Hamas fired at their own people caused some damage.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4542242,00.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/25/a-high-chance-shell-that-hit-gaza-school-killing-15-was-shot-by-hamas-israeli-defence-official/

Maybe Hamas should just stop firing them altogether. Do you agree?
    LOL, says an "Israeli defense person" hahahaha, no shit! What did u expect him to say? And on top of that, the article says they are not blaming "Hamas" as they investigate. Ok, let's be real here. They KNOW who the fuck shelled that fucken school. Let's not pretend here that because an idf spokesperson says so, with all the evidence pointing that it was from the idf, that it's kosher and they're "not" to blame. Get real man.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I would have a hard time feeling sympathetic for those who were setting off air raid sirens in my neighborhood, regardless of what atrocities my government was committing. Knowing that those missiles were snuck in through secret tunnels would make it very hard to trust in the success of any truce or cease fire agreement.

If the rocket attacks are merely as symbolic as some are claiming, why does Hamas not stop firing? Announce that you have ceased fire and challenge the Israelis to do the same. That would seem a better strategy than to continue firing ineffective weapons and giving your oppressor an excuse to return fire.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

All of this is a reaction to three israelis deaths that Hamas arent even responsible for...israel using any excuse to continue its landgrab and extermination of Palestinians and tough shit that the civilians are in the way, well no, theyre actually the real target..
    it's inexcusable and everyone knows what theyre doing. Paint it any way you like, this is genocide, massacre, slaughter, whatever you want to call it. It's indefensible and history will be the judge.

"All this" what?
    I haven't actually even really been watching the news lately so am not even sure what specific three deaths you're referring to. If Hamas killed three Israelis (are you talking about those teenagers who were murdered?? If so how do you know that Hamas had nothing to do with it?) I'm not surprised but that in particular has nothing to do with what I've been saying.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    This conflict dates back much earlier than the murder of those three Israelis and we all know it.

Plus, if we are going to accuse Israel of genocide and slaughter, we should be able to describe what happened to those three as murder. Regardless of who was responsible, it was murder.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    JimmyV said:

This conflict dates back much earlier than the murder of those three Israelis and we all know it.

Plus, if we are going to accuse Israel of genocide and slaughter, we should be able to describe what happened to those three as murder. Regardless of who was responsible, it was murder.

No doubt jim. "This" conflict started back when the 2 Palestinians were killed during a protest. Then the 3 Israeli teens were MURDERED by some crap shoot off cell group with ZERO affiliation with Hamas. Israel KNEW they were murdered with hrs of disappearing. Kept quite, invaded gaza "looking for said teens" and hamza responded with firecracker rockets. Fast forward 3 weeks, and this madness is what's left.......oh and how can forget, the "new" Palestinian unity government that formed....
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    It's been all but proven that Hamas had nothing to do with those 3 deaths, but the IDF ran with it as an excuse for a weapons test and continuation of the israeli expansion agenda via ongoing murder of civilians
  • Options

It's been all but proven that Hamas had nothing to do with those 3 deaths, but the IDF ran with it as an excuse for a weapons test and continuation of the israeli expansion agenda via ongoing murder of civilians

Those three murders. Why are the Israelis killed referred to as "deaths" but the Palestinians are victims of murder, massacre, slaughter, etc.?

• Options

It's almost like everything conveniently worked out for Israel, 3 dead Israeli teens. Reason to invade again.....
  • Options
    badbrains said:

JimmyV said:

No doubt jim. "This" conflict started back when the 2 Palestinians were killed during a protest. Then the 3 Israeli teens were MURDERED by some crap shoot off cell group with ZERO affiliation with Hamas. Israel KNEW they were murdered with hrs of disappearing. Kept quite, invaded gaza "looking for said teens" and hamza responded with firecracker rockets. Fast forward 3 weeks, and this madness is what's left.......oh and how can forget, the "new" Palestinian unity government that formed....
    I mean even earlier than that. I am 38 and it has been going on for all of that time and longer.

As for the current flare up specifically, you might be right. I don't honestly know.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

badbrains said:

JimmyV said:

I mean even earlier than that. I am 38 and it has been going on for all of that time and longer.

As for the current flare up specifically, you might be right. I don't honestly know.

Yeah, that's how I view it too. This has been going on for years. The recent flare up is the same old shit, different month. There is always some reason for one side or the other to start lobbing bombs and rejecting cease fires, etc.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

It's almost like everything conveniently worked out for Israel, 3 dead Israeli teens. Reason to invade again.....
    The rockets and tunnels helped too.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,953
    I'm still going with what Ed said and promoting this thought, no matter how much ya'all want to talk about war here: I’m Still Anti-War.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    There are more than 1000 Palestinians dead, most of them innocent people. There's a professional army bombing schools, houses, is this an anti-Israel propaganda? Stop that madness now!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    badbrains said:

ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    thats it exactly..all set up so they can continue their illegal expansion and slaughter..
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

The rockets and tunnels helped too.
    Oh the firecrackers and tunnels? The tunnels that Israel KNEW about for years/months? Those same tunnels all of a sudden became the "problem?" Whatever floats your boat man. Whatever helps you sleep at night in your cozy bed knowing that NO ONE will ever invade or drop bombs on your house.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Those three murders. Why are the Israelis killed referred to as "deaths" but the Palestinians are victims of murder, massacre, slaughter, etc.?

No answer to this question?

• Options
    brianlux said:

I'm still going with what Ed said and promoting this thought, no matter how much ya'all want to talk about war here: I’m Still Anti-War.

I respected his acknowledgement that war is sometimes necessary. I am pro peace too, but I understand that sometimes a nation or group does need to defend themselves. I know there has been frustration in some circles that Ed and others have been quiet on this topic since Obama's election. To me it sounded like a guy whose views have been evolving. No More war becoming less war, etc.

Brian, big thumbs up from me for trying to keep this thread on track.

This discussion has been closed.