Options

Imagine That -- I’m Still Anti-War

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    My new favourite song. See you all at the show.

http://youtu.be/rpxywkSeu0g
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Pearl Jam will never play your lunatic racist state.
  • Options
    Byrnzie said:

So I'll see them in Detroit instead.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Byrnzie said:

So I'll see them in Detroit instead.
    Actually, Israel's probably safer.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,936
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited July 2014
    Please, go and hug a terrorist today.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspective/features/2014/07/26/-Hug-A-Terrorist-The-Palestinian-Syrian-girls-who-want-some-affection.html

Look at the 3rd guy, looks like he's wearing the "given to fly" pearl jam shirt. Very moving video and Canadians, you guys are fucken awesome!

Edit- watched the video 5 times and I fucked up, it's not a pj shirt. Looked like one, my bad guys. But still, you should watch the video.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    jumbojet said:

Luckytwn1 said:

The Allied forces literally saved the world.

A minimum of 60 MILLION people were killed during WW II, all caused by German and Japanese aggression. The United States and Britain were the good guys and saved the world. That is history.

Sorry but felt the need about this misinterpretation of WW2 facts. If you just equate "saving the world" to beating German & Japanese aggression, you should add the Soviet Red Army as well to your list of guys saving the world. Actually, it was the Eastern Front in WW2 that was the decisive factor that brought the defeat of the German army and 3rd reich.
    To expand on that point a little further... we can all thank the brutal Russian winter probably more than anything for helping deliver a victory

• Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by mandm621 on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    "Peace and LOVE, to young to DIE."
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    How to criticise Israeli policies
    “How to criticise Israel without being anti-Semitic” – that’s the title of a blog post that’s being widely shared as the death toll in Gaza rises.

http://jfjfp.com/?p=62826
  • Options
    So everyone is literally having to tip toe around the issue because they'll have the hysterical anti-semite reaction thrown at them if they dont. and not one person was surprised at all..
  • Options

So everyone is literally having to tip toe around the issue because they'll have the hysterical anti-semite reaction thrown at them if they dont. and not one person was surprised at all..

I applaud you for sticking to your guns buddy
  • Options
    antiwar demonstrations in 15 towns and cities all across ireland today...
  • Options

WOW, thanks for posting this eldarion! That bottom pic is fucken powerful! Where's the protests in the US? This is embarrassing
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,936
    badbrains said:

WOW, thanks for posting this eldarion! That bottom pic is fucken powerful! Where's the protests in the US? This is embarrassing
    +1 Excellent! Thank you!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Revealed: the Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10984259/Revealed-the-Palestinian-children-killed-by-Israeli-forces.html
    More children than Palestinian fighters are being killed in Israel's offensive on Gaza, according to the UN. Shown here are the name, age, and sex of 132 of those children, recorded by the Al Mezan Centre for Human Rights
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    Byrnzie said:

Come on America, get your asses up and stand with your fellow citizens of the world. Let's put a fucken end to this madness!
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Stop this madness now! Stop killing innocent people! Stop trying to steal their land! I hope PJ never plays that fucking country...
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftones said:

Stop this madness now! Stop killing innocent people! Stop trying to steal their land! I hope PJ never plays that fucking country...

Amen
  • Options

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637
    edited July 2014

You shouldn't be surprised. Political correctness is a disease. It prevents any sort of real and honest dialogue whether it be about Israel, race, class, sex, immigration, etc....
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    I think this is beyond political correctness, as Byrnzie pointed out, they have defined an area beyond racism for themselves and woe betide anyone that criticises them or anything to do with them.
    If you make yourself out to be the parriah, it suits your need when anyone criticises. this has been the MO for a long long time.
  • Options
    calling for the expulsion of the Israeli ambassador to ireland...
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Is the suggestion here that Israel aims for children?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    edited July 2014
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Is the suggestion here that Israel aims for children?
    The fact here is that Israel has killed a shocking number of children during this offensive. Children whose only "crime" was being born on the wrong side of the border. This has gone so far that it is no longer about politics. It is no longer about the occupation. It is no longer about tunnels and rockets. Innocent children are being slaughtered. It needs to stop.

I'm not saying the issue needs to be solved here and now, nor do I have a workable solution to offer. I am saying that doesn't matter. What matters is that this particular Israeli offensive needs to stop.

Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Wow, some of the stuff I am reading in here reminds me of nazi propaganda at its "best". I am shocked and appalled and disgusted.
  • Options

I think this is beyond political correctness, as Byrnzie pointed out, they have defined an area beyond racism for themselves and woe betide anyone that criticises them or anything to do with them.
    If you make yourself out to be the parriah, it suits your need when anyone criticises. this has been the MO for a long long time.

Criticizing Israel is NOT anti-semitism. I've been pretty clear on that.

This however is:

Eldarion75: Jewish immigrants never really did themselves any favours in a lot of the countries they moved into, usually becoming money lenders backed up by muscle to get 'what was owed'
This discussion has been closed.