Options

Imagine That -- I’m Still Anti-War

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Byrnzie said:

In case anybody still has any doubts that a massacre is taking place: http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/horrifying-continue-massacre.html

No byrnzie, it's NOT genocide. Lucky is right. How fucken stupid we are to think it's genocide.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/horrifying-continue-massacre.html

Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a
    Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz on July 24, 2014

'...This account is consistent with social media. The most complete comes from Khuza’a resident Mahmoud Ismail who tweeted out updates from the village. They were translated by Mohammad Alsaafin who retweeted them. The updates read:

'Account: My family & I made it out, light injuries. Hundreds of casualties, bodies in the streets. Many of the dead in Khuza’a bled to death bc ambulances unable to reach. From my window I watched a 20 yr old die for hours. One doctor, Kamal Abu Rjeila, treated injuries that came into his clinic even after it was bombed & his father killed. The Israeli army used ten families as human shields. They took over their homes and wouldn’t let them escape.Home I was sheltering in with 50 others was bombed. I don’t know what happened to them but my shoes soaked in their blood. We escaped to our home under the cover of the dust from the bombing. Minutes later, it was hit by 3 artillery shells. We tried to escape on foot to Khuzaa’s exit, but helicopters fired on us. I saw a woman carrying her dead child in one arm and a white flag in the other. She used the white flag to wrap his body. As we walked I saw my uncle and his son, dead on the road next to their house. Snipers were hitting people in the legs. My other cousin died trying to save his bleeding brother in the street. They died on top of each other. There are corpses still lying in the streets, injured people waiting to become corpses, families who still haven’t escaped.'
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The IDF really are heroic. Israel should be proud of their ability to murder unarmed civilians in cold blood. The chests of every Israeli must be heaving with pride right now:

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/horrifying-continue-massacre.html
    At approximately 21:00, an Israeli warplane launched a missile at a number of Palestinian civilians in Khuza’a village, east of Khan Yunis, killing 2 of them: Mohammed Barham Abu Draz, 24; and ‘Essam Ibrahim Abu Ismail, 23.

At approximately 06:50, Israeli forces fired at dozens of Palestinian civilians who raised white flags and attempted to leave Khuza’a village, and forced them to go back homes.

At approximately 07:15, Israeli forces fired at a number of Palestinian civilians who attempted to leave Khuza’a through a dirt road leading to ‘Abassan village. One of these civilians, Mohammed Ahmed Suleiman al-Najjar, 56, was killed by a bullet to the neck. Two civilians were also wounded.

Also at approximately 08:30, medical crews were able to recover the body of Fadi Yousef Ahmed al-Najjar, 27, who is physically disabled, from Khuza’a village. He was killed by Israeli shelling.

At approximately 09:50, an Israeli drone fired a missile at a motor cart on which a number of Palestinian civilians were traveling attempting to leave Khuza’a village. As a result, 4 civilians were killed and another 2 ones were wounded. The victims have not been identified as their bodies were burnt.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited July 2014
    Luckytwn1 said:

A survey last month by the anti-defamation league found that 26% of those polled — representing approximately 1.1 billion adults worldwide — harbor deeply anti-Semitic views. If you are searching for these people, you need look no further than the streets outside of Israeli embassies across the world, where anti-Semites disguised as humanitarians from Sydney to Boston demand an end to the imagined Gaza genocide.

So if I protest against this "war" I'm an anti-Semite?
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

A survey last month by the anti-defamation league found that 26% of those polled — representing approximately 1.1 billion adults worldwide — harbor deeply anti-Semitic views. If you are searching for these people, you need look no further than the streets outside of Israeli embassies across the world, where anti-Semites disguised as humanitarians from Sydney to Boston demand an end to the imagined Gaza genocide.

Crazy right? This is how people actually think about people who want this massacre to stop! But yet did you guys see all the shit they're posting about killing Arabs and children. I believe byrnzie posted the link. What does that make them??? Is there a word like "anti-Semite" that Arabs can use against them? A word they can SHOVE down everyone's throat whenever someone speaks up against them? Dignin, you and I and byrnzie and eldarion and Gimmie and drowned out and whoever else have chosen to speak up, are no anti-Semites. How the hell can I be an anti-Semite when I told my Jewish friend Ben I'm gonna share a pork sandwich with him in hell? =))
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I'm encountering this all over, mainly online even with friends..if you speak out against this, you're anti semite...this says two things to me..clearly im not, and they have taken it to themselves to be offended and have massively guilty conscience going on. History will not be on their side in any way. it's a dark day in Israels history and anyone who supports them. Sadly they'll only realise this much later, though even then i doubt they'll admit to it.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510
    badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Crazy right? This is how people actually think about people who want this massacre to stop! But yet did you guys see all the shit they're posting about killing Arabs and children. I believe byrnzie posted the link. What does that make them??? Is there a word like "anti-Semite" that Arabs can use against them? A word they can SHOVE down everyone's throat whenever someone speaks up against them? Dignin, you and I and byrnzie and eldarion and Gimmie and drowned out and whoever else have chosen to speak up, are no anti-Semites. How the hell can I be an anti-Semite when I told my Jewish friend Ben I'm gonna share a pork sandwich with him in hell? =))
    Nobody has posted anything about killing Arabs and children. The civilian deaths are a tragedy. But since you are so worried about the killing of Arabs, perhaps you can explain why you are repeatedly posting about Gaza, where 800 people have been killed, but you can't seem to find the time for Syria, where 170,000 people and counting have been killed. As I said yesterday, selective moral outrage is a great tip-off to bias.

And my last word on the subject, so nice that you used the "some of my best friends are Jewish" card.
  • Options
    on a very basic level, that just looks like 'nothing to see here, we're not doing anything! look over there!'
    and syria isnt being covered either in mainstream media mainly cos all that is a direct result of US/UK interference.There's a bald face racism happening there, 'f*ck em..let them take each other out, we tried our best, we're done'

• Options
    Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Nobody has posted anything about killing Arabs and children. The civilian deaths are a tragedy. But since you are so worried about the killing of Arabs, perhaps you can explain why you are repeatedly posting about Gaza, where 800 people have been killed, but you can't seem to find the time for Syria, where 170,000 people and counting have been killed. As I said yesterday, selective moral outrage is a great tip-off to bias.

And my last word on the subject, so nice that you used the "some of my best friends are Jewish" card.
    Ummmm, where to start with this "silly" post? How about, go over to the syria threads and READ what I've posted. Pretty fucken clear that I have and I've actually been there 3 times in the last 5 years. U want to debate syria with me? Someone who's actually been there and has friends there?

As for the Jewish card, lol, that ones fucken real funny. I guess you can say it's better then using the "anti-Semite card" no? My friends Asa and Nart live in khofer khaman. Ya, a fucken American who knows 2 guys in Israel who've served in IDF. And Why don't u ask Ben yourself. He's posted on here. When we all die, the deal is we meet up in hell for a pork sandwich and he said he's buying beers. It's over in the bacon thread. Chill the fuck out a little and maybe we'll invite you to.
  • Options
    theres a bacon thread?? count me in and show me where to go :)
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2014
    badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Dignin, you and I and byrnzie and eldarion and Gimmie and drowned out and whoever else have chosen to speak up, are no anti-Semites.

Debatable

Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Dignin, you and I and byrnzie and eldarion and Gimmie and drowned out and whoever else have chosen to speak up, are no anti-Semites.

Debatable

Hahahahahaha
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,418
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    If you dont agree that innocent people, men women and children, can be slaughtered within a walled prison, youre an anti semite. Simple.
  • Options
    ill just leave this here...hes probably dead now, god bless him
  • Options

ill just leave this here...hes probably dead now, god bless him

This is incredible i hope this kid makes it out alive ....
  • Options

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain
    Hamas hates jews, Much of the PLO hates jews, Hezbollah hates Jews, Iranian leadership hates Jews, ISIS hates jews, the Pro-Palestinian demonstrators in France that attacked synagogues and Jewish businesses clearly hate jews. I could go on. In fact everyone just listed not only want the destruction of Israel but they generally want the death of all jews.

Now I am not suggesting that Dignin, BadBrains, Byrnzie, Eldarion, Gimme and Drowned Out want the death of all jews but when it comes to supporting the palestinian resistance movement they tend to play on the same team with those that do. And there's the rub...until the peaceful palestinian supporters (which I assume they all are) counter the Jew haters in their movement there shall be no peace. Anti-semitism is unfortunately a slow growing cancer and those that truly want peace must either counter it or be consumed by it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain
    Hamas hates jews, Much of the PLO hates jews, Hezbollah hates Jews, Iranian leadership hates Jews, ISIS hates jews, the Pro-Palestinian demonstrators in France that attacked synagogues and Jewish businesses clearly hate jews. I could go on. In fact everyone just listed not only want the destruction of Israel but they generally want the death of all jews.

Now I am not suggesting that Dignin, BadBrains, Byrnzie, Eldarion, Gimme and Drowned Out want the death of all jews but when it comes to supporting the palestinian resistance movement they tend to play on the same team with those that do. And there's the rub...until the peaceful palestinian supporters (which I assume they all are) counter the Jew haters in their movement there shall be no peace. Anti-semitism is unfortunately a slow growing cancer and those that truly want peace must either counter it or be consumed by it.
    If anti-semitism is on the rise like a cancer in the world, maybe those who feel that way should maybe look at themselves and find out why the worlds view is growing in anger against them? Mite not like what you see, but it's a start. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain

In this whole post you never mentioned the palestinians civilian casualties at all , you are ok with the killing of all the innocent civilians i find that to be a pathetic stance , we are here speaking out against atrocities being committed against civilians by the Israeli army .....Peace what Peace by the killing of kids parents , brothers , sisters you are creating more & more hatred towards your government for ever .....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain

One more reason why the "picking sides" mantra from early on was such utter nonsense. There is a huge difference between wanting Israel to cease fire and supporting the Palestinian resistance movement, or Hamas, or the PLO, or ISIS, etc. Wanting the bloodshed to cease does not make you a fellow traveler to those who, as you say, hate Jews.

Personally, I would like to see charges of anti-semitism AND hasabara both left out of the conversation. Not sure I have read one of either yet that would hold water.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain

If anti-semitism is on the rise like a cancer in the world, maybe those who feel that way should maybe look at themselves and find out why the worlds view is growing in anger against them? Mite not like what you see, but it's a start. Just my opinion.
    Ahhhh...yes...the jew must look at himself. Thank you badbrains for proving my point.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain

Ahhhh...yes...the jew must look at himself. Thank you badbrains for proving my point.
    And what the fuck is wrong with that? Really? What, are they above everybody else? Now all of a sudden you can't tell someone to look at themselves without being labeled anti-Semite? Please. Run along, leave your non sense on the Israel FB page. Fucken unreal
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain

In this whole post you never mentioned the palestinians civilian casualties at all , you are ok with the killing of all the innocent civilians i find that to be a pathetic stance , we are here speaking out against atrocities being committed against civilians by the Israeli army .....Peace what Peace by the killing of kids parents , brothers , sisters you are creating more & more hatred towards your government for ever .....
    I abhor palestinian civilian casualties but I am sorry this post is NOT about "speaking out against atrocities being committed against civilians by the Israeli army". This post is called "Imagine That --- I Am Still Anti-War". Unfortunately some of you have decided to use this thread to draw others to your cause.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    Pretty sure Bad Brains was referring to Israeli Hawks, not Jews worldwide. Pretty sure you knew that, too.

Antisemitism is a real problem in this world. Hiding behind it to deflect criticism from a military operation that has killed hundreds of civilians in a matter of weeks is shameful. If the world sees that tactic being employed and shakes its head then maybe the Israelis do need to look to themselves.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

dignin said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Debatable

How so ? please explain

One more reason why the "picking sides" mantra from early on was such utter nonsense. There is a huge difference between wanting Israel to cease fire and supporting the Palestinian resistance movement, or Hamas, or the PLO, or ISIS, etc. Wanting the bloodshed to cease does not make you a fellow traveler to those who, as you say, hate Jews.

Personally, I would like to see charges of anti-semitism AND hasabara both left out of the conversation. Not sure I have read one of either yet that would hold water.

I 100% agree which is why I defended Eddie's comments on the conflict from the beginning.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/235373/jerusalem-post-ben-red-completely-off-base-in-criticism-of-eddie-and-pearl-jam/p1
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Pretty sure Bad Brains was referring to Israeli Hawks, not Jews worldwide. Pretty sure you knew that, too.

Antisemitism is a real problem in this world. Hiding behind it to deflect criticism from a military operation that has killed hundreds of civilians in a matter of weeks is shameful. If the world sees that tactic being employed and shakes its head then maybe the Israelis do need to look to themselves.

Thank you jim.
  • Options
    lets at least be civil, guys...we can be from different views and not let it get into name calling or inferring...we have one thing in common, hope, lets work from there.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Luckytwn1 said:

The Allied forces literally saved the world.

A minimum of 60 MILLION people were killed during WW II, all caused by German and Japanese aggression. The United States and Britain were the good guys and saved the world. That is history.

Sorry but felt the need about this misinterpretation of WW2 facts. If you just equate "saving the world" to beating German & Japanese aggression, you should add the Soviet Red Army as well to your list of guys saving the world. Actually, it was the Eastern Front in WW2 that was the decisive factor that brought the defeat of the German army and 3rd reich.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I'm pretty sure Bad Brains was referring to Israeli Hawks as well but can't say I am 100% sure. Like I said earlier it is incumbent for the peaceful palestinian supporters to look at the real jew haters in their midst i.e. Hamas and say "Enough...you are hurting our cause!". No one is hiding behind anti-semitism to deflect. This is a thread on peace and arriving to a place of peace will require those that truly want it to aggressively counter the extremists on their side.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

I'm pretty sure Bad Brains was referring to Israeli Hawks as well but can't say I am 100% sure. Like I said earlier it is incumbent for the peaceful palestinian supporters to look at the real jew haters in their midst i.e. Hamas and say "Enough...you are hurting our cause!". No one is hiding behind anti-semitism to deflect. This is a thread on peace and arriving to a place of peace will require those that truly want it to aggressively counter the extremists on their side.
    And then what happens when they do? They follow what u want to a T. Then what, you'll give them peace, land, a life? Who are they to tell them what they have to do to live? I'm the bully so whatever I say goes? Come on man, have a fucken heart already. The Palestinians have been suffering for over 60 years. Hey, go ask a Palestinian when the last time he left Palestine to go see pearl jam in Amsterdam or philly or New York? Ask him when the last time he was allowed to walk from one village to the other without any fear. Will you, of course not, because it's like that fucken Tool song Vicarious. Watch it on tv, only problem is what you're seeing here isn't reality. And now with all kinds of networks, people are seeing what's really happening, finally. You could see it in the eyes of all the leaders of Israel and the US, they know they fucked up on this and miscalculated. The response of the world is defining. The Palestinians are rising and this isn't gonna be good for Israel. I dnt care how strong your military is, you cannot kill what's dead already. And these Palestinians seem to think that they have nothing left to live for. Can u blame them?
This discussion has been closed.