Options

Imagine That -- I’m Still Anti-War

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    edited July 2014
    and for these four little guys who got murderered by an IDF naval battleship for playing football ..
    Post edited by eldarion75 on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

and for these four little guys who just happened to shot down by the IDF for playing football ..

Sickening, absolutely sickening. Some fucken soldiers the idf are. Can't fucken tell the difference between 10 year olds playing soccer and so called terrorists. Oh wait, ALL Palestinians are terrorists! How can I fucken forget! Thanks congress! Thanks senators and of course how can I forget, thank you pres Obama. Thanks for proving to me (after I voted for you) that you truly are one of them. A chosen one.
  • Options
    get them while they're young seems to be the IDF motto
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,656

So now we're dealing with the US contradicting themselves. Always banging on about democratically elected governments, but not in the case of Palestine, cos they're terrorists.
    They aren't. They have a democratically elected government that is defending itself(pitifully) against Israeli war planes, battleships drones and ground attacks
    Typical.
    US media is lying, US Government is lying to protect their sole ally and foothold in the Middle East(also loaded with nukes they've given them) and the reality is Gaza sits on 7 trillion cubic metres of gas.

And that's really what this is all about.
    I'd suggest those defending Israelis action read some other reports that aren't US based. You're not getting the truth told to you at all.

Just because they were elected doesn't mean they can't be a terrorist organization as well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SivanMeriliSivanMerili Ashdod, Israel Posts: 133
    edited July 2014
    Sorry. Trully sorry..
    Im very sorry for not dying.
    Sorry that my government is protecting me...
    Sorry for having an iron-dome defending us from the missiles attack from gaza...
    Not. Im not sorry at all. Im sorry for few other things; Im sorry for not being able to show you the fucking horror tunnels that hamas diged into Israeli territorys to commit terror acts towards israeli civilianze (kidnapping, mass killing)!!!
    That you people have the nerves to be in a place to judge any one of us here without living, knowing learning it.
    Im sorry that youre not part of this.
    I wish every one of you to feel the same we feel here in Israel.
    I trully do, from all my heart.
    And be sure that I (we) will expect you from not doing anything to protect your selves. I will call you murderers, baby killers, just cause your only wish is to protect your selves and your beloved ones from terror.
    Its a war, its a war against terror!!!
    Yes, there is no reason for dead civilianze in both sides, but its inevitable in war conditions.
    We have lost more then 4k inocent civilianze in terror attacks over the years, 25 soliders in the last 3 days in a protect operation from terrorist invasion to an Israeli community through the death-tunnels. 2 inocent civilianze died by a direct strike of a gazan missiles (tens injured).
    We are still fighting the terror. And we will keep doing it till its be over.
    Im not here to even apologize for that.
    If some will say something differente you are hypocrite or stupid or both.

I had enough with this.
    Youre welcome to block/kick me out of here if you feel its the right thing to do. But if you still keeping me here, dont expect from me to keep silence when some here are judging me, us over a situation they have no clue about!
    Enough is enough!!!

Im not planing to let you call me/us murderers.

With all my best wishes to you..
    A damn proud Israeli civilian!
    Post edited by SivanMerili on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @-)
    I am sorry you're so upset SivanMerili, but I think you're missing the point if you think everyone here is against you as an Israeli citizen. I think everyone wishes the best for you and everyone else who lives in Israel, and we all want peace for all of you people in the region no matter what side of the wall you're on.
    This will only start to happen if all Israelis and all Palestinians can get rid of their anger and move forward instead of focusing on what has happened in the past.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

So now we're dealing with the US contradicting themselves. Always banging on about democratically elected governments, but not in the case of Palestine, cos they're terrorists.
    They aren't. They have a democratically elected government that is defending itself(pitifully) against Israeli war planes, battleships drones and ground attacks
    Typical.
    US media is lying, US Government is lying to protect their sole ally and foothold in the Middle East(also loaded with nukes they've given them) and the reality is Gaza sits on 7 trillion cubic metres of gas.

I'd suggest those defending Israelis action read some other reports that aren't US based. You're not getting the truth told to you at all.

Just because they were elected doesn't mean they can't be a terrorist organization as well.
    50 years of American foreign policy agrees with you.
  • Options
    W
    PJ_Soul said:

@-)
    I am sorry you're so upset SivanMerili, but I think you're missing the point if you think everyone here is against you as an Israeli citizen. I think everyone wishes the best for you and everyone else who lives in Israel, and we all want peace for all of you people in the region no matter what side of the wall you're on.
    This will only start to happen if all Israelis and all Palestinians can get rid of their anger and move forward instead of focusing on what has happened in the past.

at time you people will realize that the war against hamas is against a 'jihad' ideaology and not occupation, you will understand the need to clean Gaza from terrorists.
    This is why im upset. Becuse some people have the nerves to judge us for fighting terror without knowing the reasons.
    The occupation issues are taking care in some other path, with the west bank.
    Its realy realy complicated.

And in still behind my wishes giving you (those who dare to judge) the privilege to feel the same we do.

Regards from A DAMN PROUD ISRAELI.
  • Options

W

PJ_Soul said:

@-)

at time you people will realize that the war against hamas is against a 'jihad' ideaology and not occupation, you will understand the need to clean Gaza from terrorists.
    This is why im upset. Becuse some people have the nerves to judge us for fighting terror without knowing the reasons.

And in still behind my wishes giving you (those who dare to judge) the privilege to feel the same we do.

Regards from A DAMN PROUD ISRAELI.
    No one supports terrorists. Just peace.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

explain this, please.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

PJ_Soul said:

Typical.

50 years of American foreign policy agrees with you.
    Yeah, my statement can be applied to a lot of governments one way or another for sure (although we could spend pages and pages trying to define what a terrorist organization is or isn't).
    I'm getting a bit disturbed that in people's rush to defend the Palestinian people, they are forgetting to condemn Hamas, who deserve no less blame than the Israeli government does when considering who is acting in a way that hurts their own people as well as their enemies. Hamas wants to see the Israeli people wiped off the face of the planet. This fact does not excuse the actions of the Israeli government. Both governments are to blame. Both governments need to stop the violence and the propaganda and work towards a peaceful agreement so that everyone over there can stay safe.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93

Sigh! All we are saying...is give peace a chance....

Best thing posted so far! thanks,
  • Options
    stratmad said:

I just got caught up with the news around this. Personally I am totally behind Ed (no surprise, but honestly). He was pleading for sanity, calm and peace. I can't see anything wrong with that sentiment.

I don't proclaim to be political in any way and I don't know enough about the conflicts that he may or may not be referring to, but just calling it like he sees it at their own show - nothing wrong with that that i can see.

To be fair and in the spirit of freedom of speech, nothing wrong for people to level criticism at Ed's comments of course but why? Because he was ultimately calling for love and peace? Really? Hmmm.

very well said, thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Shortstack,
    As my english is poor as the situation here :) i'll be more than happy to explain it over a voice conv.
    Do you have skype?

Please note that could be a situation that i'll hang up the conv with no head notice from Alarm reasons and a need to run into a shelter, so please, no hard feelings.

:)
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    edited July 2014

Shortstack,
    As my english is poor as the situation here :) i'll be more than happy to explain it over a voice conv.
    Do you have skype?

Please note that could be a situation that i'll hang up the conv with no head notice from Alarm reasons and a need to run into a shelter, so please, no hard feelings.

that would be awesome, but i don't have skype. thanks for offering! maybe someone else would be interested.

sorry your country and its religion makes it so that you have to live like that. :(

Post edited by shortstack on
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Im free to explain anything.
    Its so complicated for me to explain it in texting.
    If someone really want to understand, please find me on FB and we will exchange skype details.
    FB: Sivan Merili

And thanks. Im sorry for us as well.
  • Options

Sorry. Trully sorry..
    Im very sorry for not dying.
    Sorry that my government is protecting me...
    Sorry for having an iron-dome defending us from the missiles attack from gaza...
    Not. Im not sorry at all. Im sorry for few other things; Im sorry for not being able to show you the fucking horror tunnels that hamas diged into Israeli territorys to commit terror acts towards israeli civilianze (kidnapping, mass killing)!!!
    That you people have the nerves to be in a place to judge any one of us here without living, knowing learning it.
    Im sorry that youre not part of this.
    I wish every one of you to feel the same we feel here in Israel.
    I trully do, from all my heart.
    And be sure that I (we) will expect you from not doing anything to protect your selves. I will call you murderers, baby killers, just cause your only wish is to protect your selves and your beloved ones from terror.
    Its a war, its a war against terror!!!
    Yes, there is no reason for dead civilianze in both sides, but its inevitable in war conditions.
    We have lost more then 4k inocent civilianze in terror attacks over the years, 25 soliders in the last 3 days in a protect operation from terrorist invasion to an Israeli community through the death-tunnels. 2 inocent civilianze died by a direct strike of a gazan missiles (tens injured).
    We are still fighting the terror. And we will keep doing it till its be over.
    Im not here to even apologize for that.
    If some will say something differente you are hypocrite or stupid or both.

I had enough with this.
    Youre welcome to block/kick me out of here if you feel its the right thing to do. But if you still keeping me here, dont expect from me to keep silence when some here are judging me, us over a situation they have no clue about!
    Enough is enough!!!

Im not planing to let you call me/us murderers.

With all my best wishes to you..
    A damn proud Israeli civilian!

And if you were born on the other side of the WALL, you'd be screaming the opposite. We get it, it's fucked up for you and Israel, but I got news for you. You want peace and sovernty, maybe it's you guys who need to change your leaders. It's funny, you guys scream and shout about terrorism and changing governments, well, people can easily say that or even scream that to you. You guys keep putting in hawks in office and want peace? Really? Come on, we dnt want you to get suspended or even KILLED. We want you to express your opinions and say what you want whatever that is. But if you think you're gonna come here and scream about missles flying over your head while you're trying to sleep and how we dnt know what's going on, you got another thing coming. Because a lot of us DO KNOW what's going on and will continue to speak our minds wether we live in Israel or not. Especially if my fucken taxes are help fund this "protective shield" or whatever slogan they're using now. You think Netanyahu is having trouble sleeping at night while missles are flying overhead? HELL NO he's not! No fucken doubt. And if you can't sleep at night because of missles flying over head, go up on the hill top where the other Israelis are having tea, shit, take some dinner with you. You can call it date night, dinner and a show.
  • Options
    Kat said:

Imagine That -- I’m Still Anti-War.
    July 16 2014

Most of us have heard John Lennon sing

“You may say I’m a dreamer,… but I’m not the only one.”

And some of us, after another morning dose of news coverage full of
    death and destruction, feel the need to reach out to others to see if
    we are not alone in our outrage. With about a dozen assorted
    ongoing conflicts in the news everyday, and with the stories
    becoming more horrific, the level of sadness becomes unbearable.
    And what becomes of our planet when that sadness becomes apathy?
    Because we feel helpless. And we turn our heads and turn the page.

Currently, I’m full of hope. That hope springs from the multitudes of
    people that our band has been fortunate enough to play for night
    after night here in Europe. To see flags of so many different nations,
    and to have these huge crowds gathered peacefully and joyfully is
    the exact inspiration behind the words I felt the need to emphatically relay.
    When attempting to make a plea for more peace in the world at a rock concert,
    we are reflecting the feelings of all those we have come in contact with
    so we may all have a better understanding of each other.

That’s not something I’m going to stop anytime soon. Call me naïve.
    I’d rather be naïve, heartfelt and hopeful than resigned to say
    nothing for fear of misinterpretation and retribution.

The majority of humans on this planet are more consumed by the
    pursuit of love, health, family, food and shelter than any kind of war.

War hurts. It hurts no matter which sides the bombs are falling on.

With all the global achievements in modern technology,
    enhanced communication and information devices, cracking the
    human genome, land rovers on Mars etc., do we really have to
    resign ourselves to the devastating reality that conflict will be
    resolved with bombs, murder and acts of barbarism?

We are such a remarkable species. Capable of creating beauty.
    Capable of awe-inspiring advancements. We must be capable of
    resolving conflicts without bloodshed.

I don’t know how to reconcile the peaceful rainbow of flags we see
    each night at our concerts with the daily news of a dozen global
    conflicts and their horrific consequences. I don’t know how to
    process the feeling of guilt and complicity when I hear about the
    deaths of a civilian family from a U.S. drone strike. But I know that
    we can’t let the sadness turn into apathy. And I do know we are
    better off when we reach out to each other.

“I hope someday you’ll join us,…”

Won’t you listen to what the man said.

— Eddie Vedder

http://pearljam.com/activism/news/1/22386/imagine_that_--_i’m_still_anti-war

You're daughters are so very lucky to have you as their role model, Wouldn't it be wonderful if when they grow up, their world would be one of peace, and beauty, Thank you,
  • Options
    mandm621 said:

Kat said:

Imagine That -- I’m Still Anti-War.
    July 16 2014

Most of us have heard John Lennon sing

“You may say I’m a dreamer,… but I’m not the only one.”

And some of us, after another morning dose of news coverage full of
    death and destruction, feel the need to reach out to others to see if
    we are not alone in our outrage. With about a dozen assorted
    ongoing conflicts in the news everyday, and with the stories
    becoming more horrific, the level of sadness becomes unbearable.
    And what becomes of our planet when that sadness becomes apathy?
    Because we feel helpless. And we turn our heads and turn the page.

Currently, I’m full of hope. That hope springs from the multitudes of
    people that our band has been fortunate enough to play for night
    after night here in Europe. To see flags of so many different nations,
    and to have these huge crowds gathered peacefully and joyfully is
    the exact inspiration behind the words I felt the need to emphatically relay.
    When attempting to make a plea for more peace in the world at a rock concert,
    we are reflecting the feelings of all those we have come in contact with
    so we may all have a better understanding of each other.

That’s not something I’m going to stop anytime soon. Call me naïve.
    I’d rather be naïve, heartfelt and hopeful than resigned to say
    nothing for fear of misinterpretation and retribution.

The majority of humans on this planet are more consumed by the
    pursuit of love, health, family, food and shelter than any kind of war.

War hurts. It hurts no matter which sides the bombs are falling on.

With all the global achievements in modern technology,
    enhanced communication and information devices, cracking the
    human genome, land rovers on Mars etc., do we really have to
    resign ourselves to the devastating reality that conflict will be
    resolved with bombs, murder and acts of barbarism?

We are such a remarkable species. Capable of creating beauty.
    Capable of awe-inspiring advancements. We must be capable of
    resolving conflicts without bloodshed.

I don’t know how to reconcile the peaceful rainbow of flags we see
    each night at our concerts with the daily news of a dozen global
    conflicts and their horrific consequences. I don’t know how to
    process the feeling of guilt and complicity when I hear about the
    deaths of a civilian family from a U.S. drone strike. But I know that
    we can’t let the sadness turn into apathy. And I do know we are
    better off when we reach out to each other.

“I hope someday you’ll join us,…”

Won’t you listen to what the man said.

— Eddie Vedder

http://pearljam.com/activism/news/1/22386/imagine_that_--_i’m_still_anti-war

You're daughters are so very lucky to have you as their role model, Wouldn't it be wonderful if when they grow up, their world would be one of peace, and beauty, Thank you,
    by the way.., can't wait to see you guys in Detroit!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    From the Torah...says it all really

The YHVH your God, he will go over before you; he will send destruction on all those nations, and you will take their land as your heritage. (Deuteronomy 31:3)

When God gives you power (over those nations) you must do to them everything required by this law that I have prescribed to you. (Deuteronomy 31:5)

God commanded me to teach you rules and laws so that you will keep them in the Land which you are crossing to occupy. (Deuteronomy, 4:14)

But if any man has hate for his neighbor, and waiting for him secretly makes an attack on him and gives him a blow causing his death, and then goes in flight to one of these towns; The responsible men of his town are to send and take him, and give him up to the blood avenger to be put to death. Have no pity on him, so that Israel may be clear from the crime of putting a man to death without cause, and it will be well for you. (Deuteronomy 19:11-13)

anyone who takes somebody’s life is certainly to be put to death. (Leviticus 24:17)(oh the irony...)

and this explains everything..But in the towns of these peoples whose land the YHVH your God is giving you for your heritage, let no living thing be kept alive. (Deuteronomy 20:10-16)

Post edited by eldarion75 on
  • Options

From the Torah...says it all really

The YHVH your God, he will go over before you; he will send destruction on all those nations, and you will take their land as your heritage. (Deuteronomy 31:3)

When God gives you power (over those nations) you must do to them everything required by this law that I have prescribed to you. (Deuteronomy 31:5)

And here I thought that us Muslims were gonna take over the world.
  • Options
    freshymadfreshymad Posts: 54
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Eddie for being the voice for millions of people who are anti-war. You give us all hope that love can fight strong against hate and brutality. Your words inspire and move me to reach out to people with love, one person at a time to overcome the sadness and helplessness I feel to make a difference in this world or help those under attack. I don't have a mean bone in my body. I don't know how to fight. I never thought of love as having the power to fight, but it does. It should be my duty to fight with it every day.

There is a spirit in this world that transcends all we see and could possibly understand. Words, music, art, nature are evidence of that. We can all throw out a line and see where it leads; stop putting faith in material things and watching TV that doesn't feed our souls; seek a light in this dark world.

Just look at this story of how one mentally disabled man has changed the lives of hundreds of firefighters over the years just by honoring his need to reach out and not be alone: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/disabled-man-finds-home-at-michigan-firehouse/

Joan Gattuso (?) says, "Artistic vision boldly sees the challenge of opposition as a vital part of unfolding life. It is welcomed as Michelangelo welcomed that block of marble -- as an opportunity, even with affection." Eddie, you carve out angels with your words and music that live with and inside us all who truly listen.
    Post edited by freshymad on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited July 2014
    freshymad, nice post and beautifully said.

(and for what it's worth, to Sivan - your English is pretty damn good - better than my Hebrew, that's for sure :) )
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    this is a must watch, no matter what side you're on

'what i report is simply what i saw'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wwhzjVa0WE
  • Options
    Badbrains,

I was born in Israel. This is the fact. Some of the Gazan civilianze were born here as well. Hamas is a terror cell that filtered in with a clear and loud ideology - jihad.
    You can read it in their platform.

You dont know. Feading up from the media is definitely not knowing.
    Knowing is living and breathing the situation daily, every second and minute.

I remind you 9/11. Please tell how it felt?
    Was it fun? Did you thought that you are the one to blame and not al-quaidda? How you felt when Binnladen was wiped from earth? Millions of civilianze were killed by the us in the name of justice.
    Is it because the us wanted to kill them?
    You think the us should have set aside and not doing nothing?
  • Options
    SivanMerili. your torah calls for the death and elimination of all others, long before any jihad was declared.
  • Options

Badbrains,

I was born in Israel. This is the fact. Some of the Gazan civilianze were born here as well. Hamas is a terror cell that filtered in with a clear and loud ideology - jihad.

Was it fun? Did you thought that you are the one to blame and not al-quaidda? How you felt when Binnladen was wiped from earth? Millions of civilianze were killed by the us in the name of justice.

Media? Here in America?? You're kidding right? I spoke out and continue to speak out against Iraq or Afghanistan. I also know that things aren't as simple as people say they are. I see you got to go and see pearl jam in Europe this past tour, must be nice to be able to leave Israel as you please and go travel to see pearl jam. Lucky you, shit, a Palestinian living in gaza can't even take a piss or shit without getting the ok from your regime. I told you, I feel for you for what you're going through, BUT I also feel MORE for the Palestinians who can't even breathe or look outside their window or even go out and kick a fucken soccer ball around on the beach without getting killed. See, it's horrible on the otherside too...
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    i'm guessing i'm like a lot of people and am pretty ignorant to all the issues involved behind most wars, but i will say this. in my heart i still wonder why we haven't all come together more as a human race. i think things are getting better but i can see why ed(and myself) get pissed off about it. we are destroying ourselves, and our planet. it's sickening
    ed is doing the right thing by creating conversation/awareness, which is also why i hope the internet will someday unite us all as ONE race. to coexist, and to be aware, in the moment, is where we all need to be. i think it just takes more time. i also think of how far we have come so far. slavery is not something that happened 200 years ago in the usa. it's recent history. we are all getting smarter. that is my hope.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    badbrains said:

Badbrains,

Media? Here in America?? You're kidding right? I spoke out and continue to speak out against Iraq or Afghanistan. I also know that things aren't as simple as people say they are. I see you got to go and see pearl jam in Europe this past tour, must be nice to be able to leave Israel as you please and go travel to see pearl jam. Lucky you, shit, a Palestinian living in gaza can't even take a piss or shit without getting the ok from your regime. I told you, I feel for you for what you're going through, BUT I also feel MORE for the Palestinians who can't even breathe or look outside their window or even go out and kick a fucken soccer ball around on the beach without getting killed. See, it's horrible on the otherside too...
    Do you think it's right under any circumstances to put your leaders and weapons in the middle of civilian areas, including their houses, hospitals, social areas and schools?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Im happy with what i have thank god.
    The people in gaza are prisoners only because of their 'government׳ - hamas.
    Egypt / Jordan alienate hamas's regime.
    I feel bad for them. But i feel more for us.
    And finaly some commonsense from europe!
    'We call hamas to disarm from their weapon immediately'
    Thanks god! Finaly!
This discussion has been closed.