Options

Imagine That -- I’m Still Anti-War

Comments

• Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    my2hands said:

Just what this country needs, another arrogant attorney lol

As i said : in my opinion...
    I certainly didn't want to mean something else, especially not against other people on this thread ! I don't judge other's political opinions ...
    Just wanted to say no more war...Peace everybody ! And to say to Hedonist I've noticed i agreed with him most of the time in this forum....Thanks... :)>-
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    marilor said:

my2hands said:

I certainly didn't want to mean something else, especially not against other people on this thread ! I don't judge other's political opinions ...
    Just wanted to say no more war...Peace everybody ! And to say to Hedonist I've noticed i agreed with him most of the time in this forum....Thanks... :)>-
    Hedonist is a lady, dnt think her man is into men, but hey, u never know. How's the greenery out west hedonist? :D
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    Sure...This isn't my day !! lol...
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited July 2014

Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

lockquote class="Quote" rel="rr165892">

History is written from the winners...
    so if hitler had won back then all will be written different about usa and their allies

May have been written different,but you would be talking German and good would not have prevailed.
    I speak Greek and i will continue to speak Greek...even after first attacked by italians and then after germans....learn some history what greeks did at World war 2 and leave the smart comments..not all kick out germans with help from outside..usa "didnt save all 'as u think or tells you at hollywood movies.

" we would not say Greeks fight as Heroes..but we would say Heroes fights like Greeks..." Wiston Churchill

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    badbrains said:

marilor said:

my2hands said:

Hedonist is a lady, dnt think her man is into men, but hey, u never know. How's the greenery out west hedonist? :D
    Well, you two have made me smile on a thread that hasn't been all that smile-inducing...so thank you.

BB, it's lovely and sticky and sweet and continues to do wonders. Should be legal and available to all!

marilor, I visited your town years ago when staying with family friends in Lyon. I thought it beautiful not just in name but in environment. Absolutely lovely.

Peace to you both :)

• Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    rr165892 said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Thought this was important to share And this constitutes Israel
    Defending itself? These stats haven't been updated since the ground attack began. Red Cross are being hard from going in and reclaiming dozens of bodies on the streets. It's heartbreaking and the world powers are turning a blind eye still

To point out how ridiculous that is and how little you understand history, consider the following. In World War II, there were obviously no American civilians killed in the mainland US and no damage to American cities while millions of civilians died in Germany and Japan and we reduced both countries to rubble. Does that mean we were the bad guys?

"...we reduced both countries to rubble." Sounds bad to me. How many of those that die in wars are actually guilty of the act we use as justification for bombing the shit out of them? I don't think it's a matter of good guys vs bad guys. It's all bad.
    I agree..
    Let me guess, you don't have a degree in history?
    Well, I do have a degree in history. One thing you learn pretty quick when you study history is that there are almost never good guys and bad guys. Especially so once the bullets and bombs start flying.

Well, you definitely should get a refund if your professors taught you there was any moral ambiguity regarding the sides in World War II.
    so if hitler had won back then all will be written different about usa and their allies
    May have been written different,but you would be talking German and good would not have prevailed.
    I'd find it ironic if it wasn't so sad that a number of people in this thread who are condemning Israel have been unable to utter the simple truth that the Nazis were a force of evil and are using tired cliches like "if Hitler had won the war back then all would be written different."

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    my head hurts
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    badbrains said:

mandm621 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

And if you think ed DIDNT raise a banner then you are truly delusional.

The only banner he raised was No War. His clarification specifically references taxpayer funding of US drones. Not sure why you insist on making it more then that.
    Us drones???? Hahahaha since when do drones "go across land and steal land that's NOT there's"?? Nice try
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

The only banner he raised was No War. His clarification specifically references taxpayer funding of US drones. Not sure why you insist on making it more then that.
    Us drones???? Hahahaha since when do drones "go across land and steal land that's NOT there's"?? Nice try
    No but they bomb people. Not everything he was said was about stealing land, you need to read or listen to what was said.
    Oh, I heard him loud and clear. Especially the part about "not giving them our money, dnt want to give them any of our taxes...." And your right, "they" bomb people. "They" also are under occupation by a government running rogue with the money "we give them from the taxes we pay." Wake the fuck up. Stop being so naive and blind.
    I'm well awake, and still think eddie made good points no matter what country he was talking about. And I do not like our tax dollars going to any country, I don't think we should support (with our taxes) that bomb people, over land, or anything else.
  • Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    badbrains said:

mandm621 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

No but they bomb people. Not everything he was said was about stealing land, you need to read or listen to what was said.
    Oh, I heard him loud and clear. Especially the part about "not giving them our money, dnt want to give them any of our taxes...." And your right, "they" bomb people. "They" also are under occupation by a government running rogue with the money "we give them from the taxes we pay." Wake the fuck up. Stop being so naive and blind.
    your name says it all, lol. But neither side is right in killing, period. And the U.S.,should not give money to any country that feels killing is the only answer,.
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited July 2014
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/krist-novoselic-comments-on-israel-palestine-conflict-defends-vedder-20140721

Krist Novoselic Comments on Israel-Palestine Conflict, Defends Vedder

"The people of Palestine and Israel deserve peace and prosperity," the bassist wrote. "It is time to stop repeating the same old arguments, dogma and hate speech. It is the knuckleheads on both sides that should be criticized and not the singer from a rock band. In addition, both sides need to make hard decisions about finding a settlement to the catastrophe that is Israel/Palestine."
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

I speak Greek and i will continue to speak Greek...even after first attacked by italians and then after germans....learn some history what greeks did at World war 2 and leave the smart comments..not all kick out germans with help from outside..usa "didnt save all 'as u think or tells you at hollywood movies.

" we would not say Greeks fight as Heroes..but we would say Heroes fights like Greeks..." Wiston Churchill

I think you missed my point D.Europe as a whole would be different,Im not singling out Greece.The landscape(France,Belguim.Poland,etc)Would be very different.Of course the Allies Didnt do this alone.But had the 3rd Riech ran rough shot on Europe,I think we can agree it would be a much different landscape.I make a lot of smart ass comments,but this wasn't one of them.I think no matter how we achieved victory in Ww2good did prevail over evil.
  • Options

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/krist-novoselic-comments-on-israel-palestine-conflict-defends-vedder-20140721

"The people of Palestine and Israel deserve peace and prosperity," the bassist wrote. "It is time to stop repeating the same old arguments, dogma and hate speech. It is the knuckleheads on both sides that should be criticized and not the singer from a rock band. In addition, both sides need to make hard decisions about finding a settlement to the catastrophe that is Israel/Palestine."

But I thought it wasn't about Israel/Palestine? ;)
  • Options
    Krist statement is perfect.I don't think anyone ,on any side can argue with any of it.
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

Well said Krist!
    :)>-
  • Options
    People that vote in a terrorist party to run their government DO NOT deserve "peace & prosperity". Now go back in hiding, Krist.

• Options

People that vote in a terrorist party to run their government DO NOT deserve "peace & prosperity". Now go back in hiding, Krist.

And what people would u be referring to? Because people have been posting FOR YEARS links and articles showing BOTH sides of terrorists running BOTH governments. Sharon and his Stern Gang, pretty fucken brutal.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    edited July 2014
    badbrains said:

And what people would u be referring to? Because people have been posting FOR YEARS links and articles showing BOTH sides of terrorists running BOTH governments. Sharon and his Stern Gang, pretty fucken brutal.
    And don't forget about the people who didn't vote for whoever is in charge. Or the people who didn't vote at all. Or the people who voted poorly but didn't know any better and/or were lied to by those running in the election, as is the case for pretty much all elections. Since when did we blame voting citizens for the corrupt actions of a government to the point where we say that they don't deserve safety and liberty, as though they even have a real clue what the government is going to do, no matter what they said during an election campaign?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I think you missed my point D.Europe as a whole would be different,Im not singling out Greece.The landscape(France,Belguim.Poland,etc)Would be very different.Of course the Allies Didnt do this alone.But had the 3rd Riech ran rough shot on Europe,I think we can agree it would be a much different landscape.I make a lot of smart ass comments,but this wasn't one of them.I think no matter how we achieved victory in Ww2good did prevail over evil.
    maybe i missed the point..sorry,im a little sensitive with this thing..cos other countries open the doors when nazis pass,and my country bleed so much to hold..and my family lost so many relatives and my dad was born during the war..and his first year was so taugh cos of this.
  • Options
    We all agree that Krist should go back into hiding until the 50th anniversary of Nevermind though, right?
    PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

And don't forget about the people who didn't vote for whoever is in charge. Or the people who didn't vote at all. Or the people who voted poorly but didn't know any better and/or were lied to by those running in the election, as is the case for pretty much all elections. Since when did we blame voting citizens for the corrupt actions of a government to the point where we say that they don't deserve safety and liberty, as though they even have a real clue what the government is going to do, no matter what they said during an election campaign?
  • Options

rr165892 said:

maybe i missed the point..sorry,im a little sensitive with this thing..cos other countries open the doors when nazis pass,and my country bleed so much to hold..and my family lost so many relatives and my dad was born during the war..and his first year was so taugh cos of this.
    No worries.
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    Sigh! All we are saying...is give peace a chance....
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

Sigh! All we are saying...is give peace a chance....

Yes Agreed :)

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    So now we're dealing with the US contradicting themselves. Always banging on about democratically elected governments, but not in the case of Palestine, cos they're terrorists.
    They aren't. They have a democratically elected government that is defending itself(pitifully) against Israeli war planes, battleships drones and ground attacks
    Typical.
    US media is lying, US Government is lying to protect their sole ally and foothold in the Middle East(also loaded with nukes they've given them) and the reality is Gaza sits on 7 trillion cubic metres of gas.

And that's really what this is all about.
    I'd suggest those defending Israelis action read some other reports that aren't US based. You're not getting the truth told to you at all.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    quimby20 said:

Sarava said:

callen said:

Eddie is a good man..someone's gotta take the torch from John Lennon....

Ed may feel enough internal pressure already. Let's not add.
    His own words brought on the torch passing from John Lennon. But that''s a good thing. They are both great men.
    Eddie will never be John Lennon.... Period
    PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

very nicely put.

blinkers are not good for your objectivity.
  • Options

So now we're dealing with the US contradicting themselves. Always banging on about democratically elected governments, but not in the case of Palestine, cos they're terrorists.
    They aren't. They have a democratically elected government that is defending itself(pitifully) against Israeli war planes, battleships drones and ground attacks
    Typical.
    US media is lying, US Government is lying to protect their sole ally and foothold in the Middle East(also loaded with nukes they've given them) and the reality is Gaza sits on 7 trillion cubic metres of gas.

I'd suggest those defending Israelis action read some other reports that aren't US based. You're not getting the truth told to you at all.

And here I thought it was because of the boogeyman (Hamas) coming to take over the world!
  • Options
    To be totally honest using history in any sense to justify what's going on is reall ridiculous. 'This happened us so we're allowed to do this'. BS. Innocent people are being slaughtered right now. That's what's important. And that's what should take front and centre. Not the usual myopia of Israel and it's supporters.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Typical.

i thought israel's expansion and recruiting of more jews is to prepare for the end of days.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    funny you mention it, a jewish pal of mine, born and raised here in ireland, has been offered an obscene amount of money to relocate and settle in 'new territory', meaning once theyve cleared all the rubble from Gaza and the new illegal expansion starts being developed, there'll be new homes for jews from around the world to move into..this offer is being made to jews randomly placed all over the world.
This discussion has been closed.