Hope they play hysteria. It'd be fitting
    Perhaps a bit more apropos...

http://youtu.be/wiDC7OsRAM0
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Hope they play hysteria. It'd be fitting

First encore!!!!! That shit was funny eldarion, bravo, funny shit my man. =))
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    mandm621 said:

Sigh! All we are saying...is give peace a chance....

Best thing posted so far! thanks,
    But they don't seem to hear do they? Man will always find justification for doing mad things but whatever the reasons, we all weep.....
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I think Getaway as some glimpses of imagine in it. " "Sometimes you got to put all your faith in no faith. ". Is Eddie's way of saying "Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too"
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,152
    7000! Be right back!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I'm not taking any sides, cause I'm ignorant about the entire situation...

But I can definitely say... No matter which side... Bombing a hospital is just plain fucked up!!! Especially if those same hospitals are caring for injured civilians in the wrong place at the right time...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 504
    edited July 2014
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Badbrains,

I was born in Israel. This is the fact. Some of the Gazan civilianze were born here as well. Hamas is a terror cell that filtered in with a clear and loud ideology - jihad.
    You can read it in their platform.

You dont know. Feading up from the media is definitely not knowing.
    Knowing is living and breathing the situation daily, every second and minute.

I remind you 9/11. Please tell how it felt?
    Was it fun? Did you thought that you are the one to blame and not al-quaidda? How you felt when Binnladen was wiped from earth? Millions of civilianze were killed by the us in the name of justice.
    Is it because the us wanted to kill them?
    You think the us should have set aside and not doing nothing?

Media? Here in America?? You're kidding right? I spoke out and continue to speak out against Iraq or Afghanistan. I also know that things aren't as simple as people say they are. I see you got to go and see pearl jam in Europe this past tour, must be nice to be able to leave Israel as you please and go travel to see pearl jam. Lucky you, shit, a Palestinian living in gaza can't even take a piss or shit without getting the ok from your regime. I told you, I feel for you for what you're going through, BUT I also feel MORE for the Palestinians who can't even breathe or look outside their window or even go out and kick a fucken soccer ball around on the beach without getting killed. See, it's horrible on the otherside too...
    Do you think it's right under any circumstances to put your leaders and weapons in the middle of civilian areas, including their houses, hospitals, social areas and schools?
    Listen, just because some of the "main" media are pushing this script around, doesn't mean I need to believe it. U believe what u want and I'll do the same. I'm just showing the other side. If you want I can start posting the pics of the bodies but I figured I'd leave those out to save the people the disgusting images coming out of gaza. But, we can if you want.
    So the UN was lying when they announced they found Hamas missiles stashed in UN sanctioned schools for the second time?

As far as your concern for the Palestinians, many more Palestinians are being killed in Syria right this second than there are Palestinians dying in Gaza and in fact, people are spreading pictures of Palestinian dead that in many cases are actually from Syria and not Gaza. Yet, I don't see you showing any concern for those deaths. The reality is your posts show less a concern for the Palestinian people and rather a complete hatred of Israel.

The reason why the EU came out with such a strong statement of support for Israel's right to self defense today is the same reason all 535 Senators and Representatives here in the US did, it is the only sensible response by a democracy. Israel is entitled to defend itself in response to widespread attacks by a terrorist organization and it will continue to do so.
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    marilor said:

hedonist said:

And the divide continues. Either/or, here/there, support/oppose.

I keep envisioning antlers entwined.

Not sure if in this or the myriad of other related (and similarly-headed) threads, I believe Brad Klausen spoke of duality, how it separates. Seems this has gone that path, at least for the most part.

So it goes. And goes.

Common sense...as usual in your posts (in my opinion)...:-)
    Yeah, I'll second that,

The irony, as I see it, is that the original quote in this thread is an earnest expression of hope for and plea for peace and here we discuss whether or not it was OK to incinerate everyone in two cities with nuclear bombs. I suppose we could also argue the justification or lack thereof for the carpet bombing of other Japanese cities in WWII or the fire storm caused by unrelenting bombing of Dresden or the use of napalm in Vietnam or the dumping of tubs of boiling oil dumped over castle walls onto people's heads or any of the other myriad horrors of the history of war but why can't we talk about peace? Isn't that what this thread is about? "Give peace a chance". Can we focus on that as well?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SivanMeriliSivanMerili Ashdod, Israel Posts: 133
    If i had the conv recorded between a israeli civilian from Sderot and a gazan civilian, i would have posted it here.
    The gazan said: please dont stop. Continue. We can take it at least fir another week. The people in gaza starts to understand the horror of hamas. Please dont stop!
    Im looking for the video, hoping to find it.
    They ended the conv with a mutul wishes to meet again very soon, like they were back at the 80's before the terror cell took control over Gaza.

I must say, it brought me to tears.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

I just read the EU along on Hamas to disarm And in the SAME article they told Israel to the invasion to. What's your point? They said both sides need to stop, haven't we all been saying that?

And RR, now I'm really confused. One minute you're saying both sides this both sides that and now all of a sudden your holding "down" the fort in AMT in the gaza thread? Flip flopper? Confused? It's ok man, we're all a little confused lol.

BB,Gotta take a break from world affairs on my way To Def Leppard/Kiss concert.So tonight is rock,tomorrow or later I will respond.cheers
    Def leopard/kiss, wtf, ok now I'm officially done with you man! I have nothing left to say...............pour some sugar on the mrs :))
    Yeah,yeah get your jabs in But Def Leppard still rocks,and Kiss still has a crazy stage show.I prefer the pre Hysteria Def Leppard thank you and Rock of Ages then Photograph was the encore, but nicely placed shot fellas,well played.The Mrs had to bail on the festivities so I took my daughter who is a College soph who does go to a lot of shows with us,she thought she was the youngest there,and said it didn't come close to being up front at a PJ show or a Foo Fighters show.Smart kid
  • Options
    Oh yeah,No flip floppin BB,I'm still anti terror,anti Hamas and yes I still think both sides need to get there respective shit together so all this heartache and killing can stop.My heart still goes out to the Innocent here.None of that has ever changed.But I think the pro peace,pro Palestinian rights get mixed in with a pro Hamas message and that is where I have the issue.Not with any of the people on neither side except the ones who glorify death and celebrate on both sides.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Oh yeah,No flip floppin BB,I'm still anti terror,anti Hamas and yes I still think both sides need to get there respective shit together so all this heartache and killing can stop.My heart still goes out to the Innocent here.None of that has ever changed.But I think the pro peace,pro Palestinian rights get mixed in with a pro Hamas message and that is where I have the issue.Not with any of the people on neither side except the ones who glorify death and celebrate on both sides.

And yes I still support Israel as a Important/strategic USA partner
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Badbrains,

I was born in Israel. This is the fact. Some of the Gazan civilianze were born here as well. Hamas is a terror cell that filtered in with a clear and loud ideology - jihad.

Was it fun? Did you thought that you are the one to blame and not al-quaidda? How you felt when Binnladen was wiped from earth? Millions of civilianze were killed by the us in the name of justice.

Media? Here in America?? You're kidding right? I spoke out and continue to speak out against Iraq or Afghanistan. I also know that things aren't as simple as people say they are. I see you got to go and see pearl jam in Europe this past tour, must be nice to be able to leave Israel as you please and go travel to see pearl jam. Lucky you, shit, a Palestinian living in gaza can't even take a piss or shit without getting the ok from your regime. I told you, I feel for you for what you're going through, BUT I also feel MORE for the Palestinians who can't even breathe or look outside their window or even go out and kick a fucken soccer ball around on the beach without getting killed. See, it's horrible on the otherside too...
    Do you think it's right under any circumstances to put your leaders and weapons in the middle of civilian areas, including their houses, hospitals, social areas and schools?
    Listen, just because some of the "main" media are pushing this script around, doesn't mean I need to believe it. U believe what u want and I'll do the same. I'm just showing the other side. If you want I can start posting the pics of the bodies but I figured I'd leave those out to save the people the disgusting images coming out of gaza. But, we can if you want.
    So the UN was lying when they announced they found Hamas missiles stashed in UN sanctioned schools for the second time?

As far as your concern for the Palestinians, many more Palestinians are being killed in Syria right this second than there are Palestinians dying in Gaza and in fact, people are spreading pictures of Palestinian dead that in many cases are actually from Syria and not Gaza. Yet, I don't see you showing any concern for those deaths. The reality is your posts show less a concern for the Palestinian people and rather a complete hatred of Israel.

The reason why the EU came out with such a strong statement of support for Israel's right to self defense today is the same reason all 535 Senators and Representatives here in the US did, it is the only sensible response by a democracy. Israel is entitled to defend itself in response to widespread attacks by a terrorist organization and it will continue to do so.
    And the Palestinians have THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES TOO. We can go at this all day and all night. Just like they are in gaza. Funny, you bring up the UN when it suits your cause but when for YEARS they've said enough, you guys ignore it. They said stop killing civilians, u guys keep doing it. Now when the UN says something against israel again, they'll ignore that and continue the murder. I'm amazed that whenever someone criticizes Israel, they all rant and scream. But the minute someone says anything remote about the Palestinians or Hamas in a negative way, it's all over front pages and threads get started.

Edit- and just for the record, I DNT HATE ISRAELIS, just your fucked up government. I've said it before, my people are a nomadic people and we have 2 villages in Israel that one day I'd love to visit.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options

If i had the conv recorded between a israeli civilian from Sderot and a gazan civilian, i would have posted it here.
    The gazan said: please dont stop. Continue. We can take it at least fir another week. The people in gaza starts to understand the horror of hamas. Please dont stop!
    Im looking for the video, hoping to find it.
    They ended the conv with a mutul wishes to meet again very soon, like they were back at the 80's before the terror cell took control over Gaza.

I must say, it brought me to tears.

Ok, now I've heard it all:

"Please continue, we can take it for another week."

Wow, really? Smh
  • Options
    You heard just one pearson from Gaza. There are thousands thinking the same, but afraid to speak up.
    Hamas already prommised to take revenge in those who left their homes following the IDF's request.
    Thats the life in Gaza in the hands of terrorists.
    Every one must know that.
    And im here to speak up for those who are afraid there and for the Istaelis.

No more miserable propaganda.
    No more.
    No more.
    Enough is enough.
  • Options
    If this comment is violating the forums terms, please delete it.
    Im not sure if its allowed to post links from FB.
    Sorry. :)
    Please check this page:
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1468200286761279

This is my last comment here, unless the misrabale propaganda continues.

Cheers and jam in the free world.
    Soon the Israelis and Gazan people will join you.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,958
    "I don’t know how to reconcile the peaceful rainbow of flags we see
    each night at our concerts with the daily news of a dozen global
    conflicts and their horrific consequences."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

You heard just one pearson from Gaza. There are thousands thinking the same, but afraid to speak up.
    Hamas already prommised to take revenge in those who left their homes following the IDF's request.

No more.
    No more.
    Enough is enough.

You denounce propaganda in this post then the very next post drop propaganda advocating hate.

Thanks for making things clear.

• Options

If this comment is violating the forums terms, please delete it.
    Im not sure if its allowed to post links from FB.
    Sorry. :)
    Please check this page:
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1468200286761279

This is my last comment here, unless the misrabale propaganda continues.

Cheers and jam in the free world.
    Soon the Israelis and Gazan people will join you.

And this isn't propaganda? So if it's from the Israelis that means it's true? Got it, thanks for clarifying that for me.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Badbrains,

And the Palestinians have THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES TOO. We can go at this all day and all night. Just like they are in gaza. Funny, you bring up the UN when it suits your cause but when for YEARS they've said enough, you guys ignore it. They said stop killing civilians, u guys keep doing it. Now when the UN says something against israel again, they'll ignore that and continue the murder. I'm amazed that whenever someone criticizes Israel, they all rant and scream. But the minute someone says anything remote about the Palestinians or Hamas in a negative way, it's all over front pages and threads get started.

Edit- and just for the record, I DNT HATE ISRAELIS, just your fucked up government. I've said it before, my people are a nomadic people and we have 2 villages in Israel that one day I'd love to visit.

My government is the United States of America. And the Palestinians do not have a right to fire missiles indiscriminately into Israel, which is what caused the Israeli ongoing response. That has been made clear by the US, Canada, Australia, France, UK, Dutch, etc. The Palestinians launched a series of attacks and that is why all the other nations are referring to Israel's right of self defense in this situation.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Lets talk music..
    My all times PJ song is.. Indifference.
    Enjoy.. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJl1P8nve4E
    Post edited by SivanMerili on
  • Options
    Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Badbrains,

My government is the United States of America. And the Palestinians do not have a right to fire missiles indiscriminately into Israel, which is what caused the Israeli ongoing response. That has been made clear by the US, Canada, Australia, France, UK, Dutch, etc. The Palestinians launched a series of attacks and that is why all the other nations are referring to Israel's right of self defense in this situation.
    Bullshit, go back and look at the timeline to when "this" fucken shit started. Nakba day, there's a hint for you. But if you want to know what started this whole entire mess, you're gonna have to go back about 40 years. That's thousands and thousands of deaths ago....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Gaza is occupated, yes. But not by Israel.
    Hamas - the terror cell occupay Gaza.
    The terror cell is holding the civilianze as prisoners in their own land.
    Egypt refuses to open the Rafah transition, because of the Hamas and other terror groups.
    Israel refuses to open the Erez transition because of Hamas and other terror groups.
    Jorden is dealing terror from inside - against ISIS. They have no 'time' to deal with 'someone ells terror'.

The occupation issues is taking care with the west bank leader - Abu Mazen.
    *** The fight in Gaza is the fight against a ruthless Jihad ideology, not about occupation.***
    Dont mix between the two things.

Time will come and Gaza will be in the hands of the right leader - Abu Mazen as it should be.
    With allah's help the people of Gaza will be free soon.
    Abu mazen must uproot any relations with Hamas or any other terrorist .
    He must clean his hands from any contact with terrorists.
    Then the Israelis and palestinians will have the chance to live in peace as they deserve!!!
    As long as gaza will be occupaied by terrorist we will never have the peace we want.
    The world must realize it.
    And gladly the world starts to understand, slowly, but they do.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    allah's help. lol.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

allah's help. lol.

Not sure what is so funny about 'allah'?
    Cant you respect others religion?

• Options
    badbrains said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Badbrains,

Bullshit, go back and look at the timeline to when "this" fucken shit started. Nakba day, there's a hint for you. But if you want to know what started this whole entire mess, you're gonna have to go back about 40 years. That's thousands and thousands of deaths ago....
    Seriously, you are clueless. Every time you write something it reads as if you just a read a Cliff Notes version of the history and can't keep the basic facts straight.

First of all, so-called Nakba Day dates back to 1948, which is when the State of Israel was established. I have no idea what you're referring to from 40 years ago, though it does roughly coincide with the '73 Yom Kippur War but clearly you can't be attempting to use that considering a coalition of Arab forces launched a sneak attack on the holiest day of the Jewish calendar, hoping to catch Israel off guard.

It also bears pointing out that in 1948, the Palestinians were offered a chance at a two state solution and refused it. After the formation of Israel, for 25 years Arab forces launched repeated wars but were unable to destroy Israel.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,660
    rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

I just read the EU along on Hamas to disarm And in the SAME article they told Israel to the invasion to. What's your point? They said both sides need to stop, haven't we all been saying that?

And RR, now I'm really confused. One minute you're saying both sides this both sides that and now all of a sudden your holding "down" the fort in AMT in the gaza thread? Flip flopper? Confused? It's ok man, we're all a little confused lol.

BB,Gotta take a break from world affairs on my way To Def Leppard/Kiss concert.So tonight is rock,tomorrow or later I will respond.cheers
    Def leopard/kiss, wtf, ok now I'm officially done with you man! I have nothing left to say...............pour some sugar on the mrs :))
    Yeah,yeah get your jabs in But Def Leppard still rocks,and Kiss still has a crazy stage show.I prefer the pre Hysteria Def Leppard thank you and Rock of Ages then Photograph was the encore, but nicely placed shot fellas,well played.The Mrs had to bail on the festivities so I took my daughter who is a College soph who does go to a lot of shows with us,she thought she was the youngest there,and said it didn't come close to being up front at a PJ show or a Foo Fighters show.Smart kid
    KISS was one of the most entertaining shows ever for me, and I don't even listen to their music. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

allah's help. lol.

Not sure what is so funny about 'allah'?
    Cant you respect others religion?

no disrespect to you personally... but if anyone is waiting for a 'god' to help the situation, they will be waiting a long time.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,660

No more.
    No more.
    Enough is enough.

It is true that the propaganda machine is cranking along on full steam on both sides of the wall. And it's hardcore. They flat out lie and manipulate stories and attribute images from other times and places to current events, they make up contexts, etc etc. Both sides. Everyone needs to keep that in mind when they see news about this conflict. I personally don't believe anything I see - it takes some digging. Usually when something atrocious is reported from either side or presented in photos, someone out there is talking about the truth of the story too. People, don't automatically believe what you see on the news when it comes to Israel/Palestine.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.