Imagine That -- I’m Still Anti-War

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    mandm621 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

And if you think ed DIDNT raise a banner then you are truly delusional.

The only banner he raised was No War. His clarification specifically references taxpayer funding of US drones. Not sure why you insist on making it more then that.
    Us drones???? Hahahaha since when do drones "go across land and steal land that's NOT there's"?? Nice try
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

The only banner he raised was No War. His clarification specifically references taxpayer funding of US drones. Not sure why you insist on making it more then that.
    Us drones???? Hahahaha since when do drones "go across land and steal land that's NOT there's"?? Nice try
    No but they bomb people. Not everything he was said was about stealing land, you need to read or listen to what was said.
    Oh, I heard him loud and clear. Especially the part about "not giving them our money, dnt want to give them any of our taxes...." And your right, "they" bomb people. "They" also are under occupation by a government running rogue with the money "we give them from the taxes we pay." Wake the fuck up. Stop being so naive and blind.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    eddie, you are one well deserving and maybe lucky individual. you've obviously worked hard at music and its paid off big time. i can't imagine the feeling of 10,000 people rabidly lining up to see me and hear my songs.

so please go on being 'naive', I need you to be that way. otherwise, this world would pretty much suck.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492

Thought this was important to share And this constitutes Israel
    Defending itself? These stats haven't been updated since the ground attack began. Red Cross are being hard from going in and reclaiming dozens of bodies on the streets. It's heartbreaking and the world powers are turning a blind eye still

To point out how ridiculous that is and how little you understand history, consider the following. In World War II, there were obviously no American civilians killed in the mainland US and no damage to American cities while millions of civilians died in Germany and Japan and we reduced both countries to rubble. Does that mean we were the bad guys?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    badbrains said:

mandm621 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

No but they bomb people. Not everything he was said was about stealing land, you need to read or listen to what was said.
    Oh, I heard him loud and clear. Especially the part about "not giving them our money, dnt want to give them any of our taxes...." And your right, "they" bomb people. "They" also are under occupation by a government running rogue with the money "we give them from the taxes we pay." Wake the fuck up. Stop being so naive and blind.
    It's very simple. Israel is using its weapons to protect Israeli citizens while Hamas is using their citizens to protect their weapons. If Hamas put down their weapons, Israel would stop firing (as evidenced by Israel keeps recognizing the cease fires and Hamas keeps breaking them). If Israel suddenly destroyed all its weapons, the country would be overrun by enemies from all sides.

That is the reality for Israel. And that is why, regardless of your misguided opinions or the opinions of anyone else, they are going to do what needs to be done to protect their citizens.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I love how I'm misguided because I dnt buy the shit the media is selling me. Or because I'm not reading from the script you seem to be. Remember to read between the lines and question authority. Or u can continue to buy and they'll continue to sell. U have every right to.
  • Options
    Maybe they should have thought about this before electing terrorists to run their government...

Defending itself? These stats haven't been updated since the ground attack began. Red Cross are being hard from going in and reclaiming dozens of bodies on the streets. It's heartbreaking and the world powers are turning a blind eye still

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

mandm621 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

It's very simple. Israel is using its weapons to protect Israeli citizens while Hamas is using their citizens to protect their weapons. If Hamas put down their weapons, Israel would stop firing (as evidenced by Israel keeps recognizing the cease fires and Hamas keeps breaking them). If Israel suddenly destroyed all its weapons, the country would be overrun by enemies from all sides.

That is the reality for Israel. And that is why, regardless of your misguided opinions or the opinions of anyone else, they are going to do what needs to be done to protect their citizens.

And when do the Israeli settlement expansions stop?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

mandm621 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

There are no Israeli settlements in Gaza and in fact, Israel forcibly removed settlers from Gaza in 2005.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Luckytwn1 said:

CM189191 said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

mandm621 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

There are no Israeli settlements in Gaza and in fact, Israel forcibly removed settlers from Gaza in 2005.

So because they're in the west bank, that makes them ok?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    "No more war
    No more pain
    No more hate."
    -Neil Young
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    melissachunmelissachun Posts: 107
    Luckytwn1 said:

To point out how ridiculous that is and how little you understand history, consider the following. In World War II, there were obviously no American civilians killed in the mainland US and no damage to American cities while millions of civilians died in Germany and Japan and we reduced both countries to rubble. Does that mean we were the bad guys?

"...we reduced both countries to rubble." Sounds bad to me. How many of those that die in wars are actually guilty of the act we use as justification for bombing the shit out of them? I don't think it's a matter of good guys vs bad guys. It's all bad.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Luckytwn1 said:

"...we reduced both countries to rubble." Sounds bad to me. How many of those that die in wars are actually guilty of the act we use as justification for bombing the shit out of them? I don't think it's a matter of good guys vs bad guys. It's all bad.
    I agree..
  • Options

Luckytwn1 said:

Are you joking? It is frightening to see such ignorance. The Allied forces literally saved the world. The US did not seek war in 1941, we (and our allies) acted to stop the worst aggression the world has ever seen.
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..
    Let me guess, you don't have a degree in history?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Luckytwn1 said:

CM189191 said:

Luckytwn1 said:

badbrains said:

mandm621 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

So because they're in the west bank, that makes them ok?
    It's a non-sequitur. Not even Hamas is trying to claim they are firing missiles into Israel because of settlements in the West Bank. The leaders of Hamas hate the Palestinian Authority almost as much as they hate Israel.

At a point in the future, many but probably not all West Bank settlements will be dealt with, just as the difficult choice was made in Gaza.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..
    Well, I do have a degree in history. One thing you learn pretty quick when you study history is that there are almost never good guys and bad guys. Especially so once the bullets and bombs start flying.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    melissachunmelissachun Posts: 107
    Luckytwn1 said:

Luckytwn1 said:

Are you joking? It is frightening to see such ignorance. The Allied forces literally saved the world. The US did not seek war in 1941, we (and our allies) acted to stop the worst aggression the world has ever seen.
    And it's frightening to see such arrogance. Demeaning people who have a different viewpoint says nothing about them, but a whole lot about you. I'd rather be ignorant and naive with Eddie than oh-so-enlightened, like yourself.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..
    Well, I do have a degree in history. One thing you learn pretty quick when you study history is that there are almost never good guys and bad guys. Especially so once the bullets and bombs start flying.

I think WW2 was clear cut,good vs bad.Many other conflicts I can see where it's more point of view.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    And the divide continues. Either/or, here/there, support/oppose.

I keep envisioning antlers entwined.

Not sure if in this or the myriad of other related (and similarly-headed) threads, I believe Brad Klausen spoke of duality, how it separates. Seems this has gone that path, at least for the most part.

So it goes. And goes.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..

I think WW2 was clear cut,good vs bad.Many other conflicts I can see where it's more point of view.
    The Japanese immigrants we placed in internment camps may disagree. As may anyone who lost a relative to the atom bomb. Or anyone who was "liberated" only to spend the next 50 years behind the iron curtain.

Even in WW2, perspective was important. Was the Nazi high command evil? Yes. Were the Allies angels? No.

• Options
    edited July 2014

Luckytwn1 said:

Luckytwn1 said:

And it's frightening to see such arrogance. Demeaning people who have a different viewpoint says nothing about them, but a whole lot about you. I'd rather be ignorant and naive with Eddie than oh-so-enlightened, like yourself.
    There is only one viewpoint acceptable on World War II and if you have a differing one then you are absolutely deserving of arrogance and much worse.

The Axis powers invaded entire continents intent on world domination. Nobody was attacking them, there was no self defense involved. It was pure aggression. The Germans set up death camps where 11 MILLION people were massacred. Jews, gays, gypsies, anyone they didn't like were exterminated. They killed tens of millions more in other ways. The Japanese went into countries and took women hostages and made them serve as sex slaves. They also conducted the Bataan Death March, they conducted a secret attack on Pearl Harbor, etc.

A minimum of 60 MILLION people were killed during WW II, all caused by German and Japanese aggression. The United States and Britain were the good guys and saved the world. That is history.

Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..

Well, you definitely should get a refund if your professors taught you there was any moral ambiguity regarding the sides in World War II.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

rr165892 said:

JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..

The Japanese immigrants we placed in internment camps may disagree. As may anyone who lost a relative to the atom bomb.

As it happens, I am a graduate of one of the top law schools in the US and we had to write a major thesis style paper to graduate. My topic was Just War Theory and the use of atomic weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and anyone who lost a relative to the atomic bomb should blame the Japanese Emperor for not surrendering.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1 said:

JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..

Well, you definitely should get a refund if your professors taught you there was any moral ambiguity regarding the sides in World War II.
    If you had professors who were so intellectually bankrupt that they were teaching you child-like concepts such as good guys and bad guys, you may want to do the same.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

rr165892 said:

JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..

The Japanese immigrants we placed in internment camps may disagree. As may anyone who lost a relative to the atom bomb. Or anyone who was "liberated" only to spend the next 50 years behind the iron curtain.

Even in WW2, perspective was important. Was the Nazi high command evil? Yes. Were the Allies angels? No.

What did that computer in the movie war games say about war? There can never be a winner or something like that,and I agree that everyone comes out a looser.But in this scenario,lucky is 100% right.There was good vs bad and good prevailed.We finished a fight others brought to us in a cowardly fashion.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Luckytwn1 said:

JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..

History is written from the winners...
    so if hitler had won back then all will be written different about usa and their allies
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Luckytwn1 said:

JimmyV said:

Luckytwn1 said:

JWPearl said:

Luckytwn1 said:

I agree..

History is written from the winners...
    so if hitler had won back then all will be written different about usa and their allies
    May have been written different,but you would be talking German and good would not have prevailed.
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    hedonist said:

And the divide continues. Either/or, here/there, support/oppose.

I keep envisioning antlers entwined.

Not sure if in this or the myriad of other related (and similarly-headed) threads, I believe Brad Klausen spoke of duality, how it separates. Seems this has gone that path, at least for the most part.

So it goes. And goes.

Common sense...as usual in your posts (in my opinion)...:-)
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Just what this country needs, another arrogant attorney lol

As far as "history" goes, I think it has shown the atomic attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not necessary and we're essentially an opportunity to show Russia and the rest of the world how big our dick was...

But anyway, I don't want to debate that and hijack the conversation so feel free to carry on

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    and sideways the discussion goes....
This discussion has been closed.