Options

Poland shall not be forgotten or official 13th June Chorzow/Katowice show thread

Comments

• Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    According to one of the Polish papers (http://www.dziennik.pl/Default.aspx?TabId=14&ShowArticleId=30923) Linkin Park is going to open for PJ in Chorzow.

The source is said to be Live Nation, it must be true then.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    roubal wrote:
    According to one of the Polish papers (http://www.dziennik.pl/Default.aspx?TabId=14&ShowArticleId=30923) Linkin Park is going to open for PJ in Chorzow.

I heard the guy from My Chemical Romance got struck in the head at Reading last year.

Yeah, if this happens, they can expect the entire stage to be covered with missiles.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Poland ticket recieved in London - looking forward to it now...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    The last time I checked, Munich was in Germany!!
    He he he!!

Are there many Irish going to Poland??

Count me in!!!

Well I'm going there and I'm bringing the missus.
    So that another 2.
    Cork, Dublin x3.
    They just keep getting better.
  • Options
    So I've been to Poland before, I was in Warsaw and Krakow, both really great places.
    I preferred Krakow, the old town is just great.

I recommend Auschwitz if anyone has a spare day, you will need a day to do it properbly.

I stayed @ http://nathansvilla.com/ in Warsaw and it was really good, free breakfast and internet.
    They also have a hostel in Krakow which is apparently good too, however I didnt stay there.

In Krakow I stayed @ http://www.la.com.pl/ a lovely apartment which is only 3 kilometers from Krakow Old Town. I highly recommend this place.

So I'm booked to fly into Katowice on the mon 11th and leaving on the fri 15th.

I'm looking for somewhere to stay/visit that I haven't been before. Can any of our Polish friends on this thread help out.
    Is Katowice that boring?, could it be used as a springboard to other locations?.
    I arrive late on the Monday but leave late on the Friday but the concert is the Weds. so I don't have much time for traveling around or do I?
    I've heard the mountains are worth a visit. Any ideas?
    Cork, Dublin x3.
  • Options
    Linkin Park?!!!!!!!!!Why oh why?!!!!!!!!!!
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • Options
    jbdjbd Posts: 65
    http://www.livenation.pl/koncerty/pj.jpg

This is the most horrible day of my life. Is this a joke or something ? If they ever open for any of the three shows I'm going to I hope I can hit every single one of them in the head with whatever I can find. Christ. What a shame.
    "Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm
  • Options
    Pearl Jam with Linkin Park is about a few steps below Pearl Jam and U2. I am still hoping for Metallica and Pearl Jam or Metallica and U2 show as well.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    roubal wrote:

Please GOD let this not be true. It can't be!
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I'm not going to the Poland gig but... WTF were Pearl Jam (or whoever let this happen) thinking???
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I don't think Linkin' Park would ever support PJ, it just doesn't feel right for both bands.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Whats wrong with you people?
    Are you there for the opening band or for PJ?
    Why does everyone (mostly everyone) getting upset about this?
    If its true, so what?
    I am NOT a fan of LP, but I dont mind if they, or whoever
    open for PJ, Its PJ's choice.
    They wont disapoint us with their show, and if you dont like
    opening band, bashing them and talking poop about it, wont do
    anyone good.
    Just my opinion. Peace and see you there. ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    I don't like anything Linkin' Park have done except that song with Jay Z for Miami Vice. That said i still think i might enjoy Linkin' Park, you never know some bands are better live then on record.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Oh and if you check the Linkin' Park website they do confirm they are supporting PJ. They don't have a date for the Wembley gig either so you never know...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    The promoters clearly don't understand, or care, what the fans think.
  • Options
    At least Paddy Casey wont be in Poland.
    Cork, Dublin x3.
  • Options
    HotterHotter Posts: 51
    roubal wrote:

Could've been worse.........
    PJ....'nuff said
    ============
    Katowice '07
    Wembley '07
    Copenhagen '07
    MSG I '08
    MSG II '08
    Berlin ´09
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    Hinny wrote:
    The promoters clearly don't understand, or care, what the fans think.

not only that but they actually say that linkin park is NOT a supporting band and they advertise it as a concert of two bands. WTF?!
    I cannot state how dissapointed and angry and bitter I feel about this :(
    of course, better that than not having PJ play poland but I bought tickets to a pearl jam concert and not a linkin park/pearl jam duo thing. just wonder how long each of these bands will be allowed to play?
    also the promoters say that they were honoured when LP agreed to play before PJ! jeez... I now officially hate livenation and think people who work there are idiots.
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    Hey everybody...
    I am trying to organize a flight from Munich to Katowice just for PJ fans and I just got a price for that:

Munich - Katowice 13.6 (some time in a morning) for a 160 Euro (one way ticket)

If the plain is full 165 seats we get this price.

I need to know what do you think about price, Is there a people who wants to pay 160 Euro to get from Munich to Katowice.

LET ME KNOW (I have to get back to them by monday)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Hey everybody...
    I am trying to organize a flight from Munich to Katowice just for PJ fans and I just got a price for that:

Munich - Katowice 13.6 (some time in a morning) for a 160 Euro (one way ticket)

If the plain is full 165 seats we get this price.

I need to know what do you think about price, Is there a people who wants to pay 160 Euro to get from Munich to Katowice.

LET ME KNOW (I have to get back to them by monday)

you should also post that in munich thread
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    SiR85SiR85 Posts: 13
    A very good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good luck with the plane thing but 165 people? i don't think so.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Fully committed to the bus already. Besides, I just don't have that much in my travel budget.
  • Options
    Anyone have an extra Poland 10C GA ticket? Will trade for London 10C GA.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    karola wrote:
    not only that but they actually say that linkin park is NOT a supporting band and they advertise it as a concert of two bands. WTF?!
    I cannot state how dissapointed and angry and bitter I feel about this :(
    of course, better that than not having PJ play poland but I bought tickets to a pearl jam concert and not a linkin park/pearl jam duo thing. just wonder how long each of these bands will be allowed to play?
    also the promoters say that they were honoured when LP agreed to play before PJ! jeez... I now officially hate livenation and think people who work there are idiots.
    I've emailed 10c to ask what this will mean for the concert in terms of set length, and 10c early admittance (they better not change that!)...don't think I'll get an answer before Monday though...if I get one.
    I don't care too much who plays before (well, I'd rather have Sonic Youth than LP obviously..but I have earplugs ;))...as long as it doesn't cut on the quantity/quality of Pearl Jam we get.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I've emailed 10c to ask what this will mean for the concert in terms of set length, and 10c early admittance (they better not change that!)...don't think I'll get an answer before Monday though...if I get one.
    I don't care too much who plays before (well, I'd rather have Sonic Youth than LP obviously..but I have earplugs ;))...as long as it doesn't cut on the quantity/quality of Pearl Jam we get.

Where did the information come from about "a concert with two bands", instead of Linkin Park just opening for PJ? I'm really hoping its not a Tom Petty/Pearl Jam thing like this summer. Hopefully we'll get a full set... I'd be interested to see if/what you get in response to your email.
    State College 5/3/03, Hershey 7/12/03, Reading 10/1/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Ottawa 9/16/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Hartford 5/13/06, Camden 5/27/06, Camden II 5/28/06, E. Rutherford 6/1/06, E. Rutherford II 6/3/06, Munich 6/12/07, Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, DC 6/22/08 - EV DC 8/16/08
  • Options
    If it's a reduced set then I'm going to have to go the London show as well...
    State College 5/3/03, Hershey 7/12/03, Reading 10/1/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Ottawa 9/16/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Hartford 5/13/06, Camden 5/27/06, Camden II 5/28/06, E. Rutherford 6/1/06, E. Rutherford II 6/3/06, Munich 6/12/07, Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, DC 6/22/08 - EV DC 8/16/08
  • Options
    cfield05 wrote:
    Where did the information come from about "a concert with two bands", instead of Linkin Park just opening for PJ? I'm really hoping its not a Tom Petty/Pearl Jam thing like this summer. Hopefully we'll get a full set... I'd be interested to see if/what you get in response to your email.
    http://www.ticketpro.pl/index.php?lang=EN&event=250
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Pegasus wrote:

the poster says "plus support"...which i would read as LP being an opening band. but i could be wrong.

edit: maybe "plus support" means another, third band...hmmmm.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    the poster says "plus support"...which i would read as LP being an opening band. but i could be wrong.

edit: maybe "plus support" means another, third band...hmmmm.

ds
    the heading says Pearl Jam / Linkin Park ...not PJ, support Linkin part...and the poster definitely means PJ, Linkin + (unspecified 3rd act) support :(