Options

Poland shall not be forgotten or official 13th June Chorzow/Katowice show thread

Comments

• Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    I am flying from Prestwick Glasgow Easyjet hopefully. They fly direct to Krakow. Is the gig nearer too Krakow or Katowice?
    Dumb question i know but some posts on here seem to be contradicting themselves.

Katowice
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    A PJ game of football? Sounds great. Get to see Pearl Jam with a broken leg.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    im just getting this back on the first page cos theres useful stuff in here for anyone who's not seen it yet and is thinking of going the poland gig.
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    magdylmagdyl Posts: 86
    i really want to work out travel arrangements from munich, before i buy a munich ticket.
    Trains look like they run to early, flying is €700 which is crazy for a 1.5 hour flight.
    any news on the bus front?

some polish fans will arrange a bus from munich to katowice. here you will find more information:
    http://www.pearljam.pl/index.php/news/view/title/the_show_in_poland#munich-katowice-bus
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Can I just add my thanks for the info on this thread :D:D

Great job!!! look forward to meeting some of you in June, will be staying in Katowice 12th & 13th so anybody meeting up?

Ooh me too, where are you staying?
  • Options
    back to page 1!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Could any of the guys from poland give me some information on hostels in cracow? me and mate will be there on the 12th and 13th i reckon...not that picky at all about where we stay as long as we have a room to put our stuff in...there seems to be a good few around from just looking at different hostel sites but any recomendations would be welcome.

cheers for this thread as well..its a great help!
    2006 - Dublin, Ire
    2007 - Katowice, Nickelsdorf, Nijmegen
  • Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    Don't know a thing about Krakow hostels. I can show you something else instead: http://www.ocean650.com/gfx/bilb.jpg ;)
  • Options
    roubal wrote:
    Don't know a thing about Krakow hostels. I can show you something else instead: http://www.ocean650.com/gfx/bilb.jpg ;)

nice
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    super vedder, since I actually live in krakow I've never stayed at any of its hostels. there are soooo many of them though. when deciding you should focus on the location. here are some choices:
    1) right in the centre - it looks really cool form the outside and has great reviews:
    http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/poland/krakow/9330/
    2) this one has good reviews as well, it's not so centrally-located though:
    http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/poland/krakow/4513/
    3) and this one is right next to the train station:
    http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/poland/krakow/3693/

these are by no means my recommendations - I'm not saying they're better than the others or anything. it's just an idea. also check that site for other options. I think that you'll be fine, whatever you choose. everything is within walking distance here so that also makes it easier on travellers :)

you can always choose something and PM me (or post here) and I can tell you if I think it's a good choice or not (locationwise)
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    Thanks very much for that! thats brilliant...good to know everything is within walking distance! ill let you know when i pick one out...if everybody there is as friendly as you guys im sure we will all be fine anyway..thanks again
    2006 - Dublin, Ire
  • Options
    oops, and it was s t o n e vedder not s u p e r vedder of course! sorry...
    quite a bunch of vedders on this board, must be the whole family, for sure! ;)
  • Options
    easy mistake to make! the more vedders in this world the better!
    2006 - Dublin, Ire
  • Options
    hi to you all!!
    well there will be quite a lot of Italian fans invading Poland for this show ;)

me, my girlfriend and other two members of Strangest Tribe's Board (Pearljamonline.it forum) will be part of this invasion

But since it's our first time in Poland we'd like to get some informations, the most important of all: where to stay?

We'll be in Krakow for two days, and we are looking for a nice hostel to stay in, any recommendetion??

Surfing thru hostelworld.com i've noticed a bunch of seemingly goood ones...any help would be very appreciated!!!

Ps: to polish fans, i'd really like to get one of your marvellous shirts, please get in touch ;)
    ...they can buy but can't put on my clothes...
  • Options
    We'll be in Krakow for two days, and we are looking for a nice hostel to stay in, any recommendetion??

Surfing thru hostelworld.com i've noticed a bunch of seemingly goood ones...any help would be very appreciated!!!

Karola listed some Krakow hostels yesterday, check earlier posts in this thread.
    Ps: to polish fans, i'd really like to get one of your marvellous shirts, please get in touch ;)

Sorry, we're out of them. But we might have something else this time, so look out. ;)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I've changed my outbound flight, and I will now be flying out of Krakow at 7:30am, the morning after the show.

It's really not going to be worth paying for a night at a hostel since I'm barely there at all. Is the Krakow Glowny station a safe place for me to hang out for a few hours at while I waited for the train to the airport?

I've done a bit of research and I know the first shuttle train service starts at 4am. So there's a few hours I'm gonna be out there.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    I've changed my outbound flight, and I will now be flying out of Krakow at 7:30am, the morning after the show.

It's really not going to be worth paying for a night at a hostel since I'm barely there at all. Is the Krakow Glowny station a safe place for me to hang out for a few hours at while I waited for the train to the airport?

I've done a bit of research and I know the first shuttle train service starts at 4am. So there's a few hours I'm gonna be out there.

i actually think the train station building closes at night. either way, it's not a good idea to hang out there at night, unless you actually enjoy being surrounded by homeless people constatntly asking you to spare some change... ;) generally speaking, train stations in poland are not the cleanest and welcoming places - they're safe (at least during the day) but thet just don't make for good hang out places.

so I guess it'd be better for you to take a taxi from the station to the airport and wait out there.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    karola wrote:
    i actually think the train station building closes at night. either way, it's not a good idea to hang out there at night, unless you actually enjoy being surrounded by homeless people constatntly asking you to spare some change... ;) generally speaking, train stations in poland are not the cleanest and welcoming places - they're safe (at least during the day) but thet just don't make for good hang out places.

so I guess it'd be better for you to take a taxi from the station to the airport and wait out there.
    Thanks for that. So the airport doesn't close? Or is it just safer out there, even if it means sitting outside in the open? I've tried looking it up- no info about opening/closing hours on the websites.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    roubal wrote:
    Karola listed some Krakow hostels yesterday, check earlier posts in this thread.

well i have found two hostels that seem to be very cool:

one is the nathan's villa hostel, and the other one is called dodo

well help me choosing you Krakowian boys&girls!!! ;)

for sure it will be a great experience...... :)

and of course it could be very nice to organize something during the day-off....
    ...they can buy but can't put on my clothes...
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    So has anyone found a magical cheap way to get from Munich to POLAND??

I found a flight from Frankfurt to Katowice for some really cheap price but it'll leave me in Katowice at 16.55... there's no way I can chance being late!!

Cheapest I can fly there is €230, and only takes about 7 hours :D:confused:

Ah the sacrifices I make for the Germans and Polish! :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    I just want to scream hellooooo!!! ;) This may be off topic, but could you tell me, where can I get 'YOU FORGOT POLAND' T-shirt (XXL and L) (I don't believe, but also if there was spare 10c tickets...), however, I'm not Polish (but my grandfather was :D), we realy like to wear it as your neighbours :D. And also we would like to THANK to all Polish fans for their support of this show!!! See you there
    I can feel like I have a soul that has been saved
  • Options
    I just want to scream hellooooo!!! ;) This may be off topic, but could you tell me, where can I get 'YOU FORGOT POLAND' T-shirt (XXL and L)

Unfortunately we are out of them and there are no plans of producing any more. Sorry about that.
    So has anyone found a magical cheap way to get from Munich to Germany??

There is a coach going after the Munich show to Katowice, you can still join us, just message Bartek:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=18424
  • Options
    roubal wrote:
    Unfortunately we are out of them and there are no plans of producing any more. Sorry about that.

There is a bus going after the Munich show to Katowice, you can still join us, just message Bartek:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=18424

Thanking you for the help!!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    So has anyone found a magical cheap way to get from Munich to Germany??

:)

The last time I checked, Munich was in Germany!!
    He he he!!

Are there many Irish going to Poland??

Count me in!!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    The last time I checked, Munich was in Germany!!
    He he he!!

Are there many Irish going to Poland??

Count me in!!!

oh fuck... I never even copped that!! *goes to edit post* :D

There's a few people heading over alright, not sure how many though... but no doubt you'll spot us a mile off!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Hi guys.

I'm going for the first time to Poland next June.
    I still don't have the ticket, but I already scheduled my days off in June and I have plane tickets.
    I can't wait until June! :D
  • Options
    Anabela wrote:
    Hi guys.

I'm going for the first time to Poland next June.
    I still don't have the ticket, but I already scheduled my days off in June and I have plane tickets.
    I can't wait until June! :D

Welcome to the board and good luck in getting a ticket.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Anyone have any links to trains from Krakow to Prague??

Would like to travel around before the London gig on the 18th.

Thanks in advance.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Anyone have any links to trains from Krakow to Prague??

Would like to travel around before the London gig on the 18th.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.intercity.pl/scripts/train/en/index.php?action=train_list

:D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)