Options

Poland shall not be forgotten or official 13th June Chorzow/Katowice show thread

Comments

• Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    i know their lighting rigs are sparse...but it takes about 10 hours (non-stop driving) to get from Munich to Katowice. so say the Munich show ends at 11:30PM...they have to tear down their stage setup, pack it up, and go...how long would that take? an hour or two? so it's now maybe 1:30AM and they have ten hours to make it to Katowice without stopping (they have to refuel). its possible to make it, but i was trying to suggest other ideas as to why they have another fairly large band (at least a lot of Poles seem interested in seeing this band; LP) sharing the bill.

that's all. see you all in Katowice!

ds

I'll see you in Munich first. :D
  • Options
    tymonnomyt wrote:
    It shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to get to Slaski Stadium by tramp.

By piggyback?
    Mutki wrote:
    looks like the SKAUT hotel is gonna be packed by pjammers!!!
    Well, we will have to think about an afterparty!!

Cheers!

Sounds like a FABULOUS idea!! :D We'll have to arrange it closer to the time :)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    roubal wrote:
    There is a 1am train from Katowice to Krakow (http://rozklad.pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?). While in Krakow, there are plenty of hostels to choose from (http://www.hostelworld.com).
    The first link doesn't work because we need to put in the search details ourselves. I've done the search a few times, entering Katowice and Krakow Glowny- haven't been able to find this 1am train you mentioned.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    Hinny wrote:
    The first link doesn't work because we need to put in the search details ourselves. I've done the search a few times, entering Katowice and Krakow Glowny- haven't been able to find this 1am train you mentioned.

Strange, it shows up when I do the search.
    Departure from Katowice 01.03, arrival in Krakow Glowny 02.37. Train number P43200.
  • Options
    MutkiMutki Posts: 25
    By piggyback?

Sounds like a FABULOUS idea!! :D We'll have to arrange it closer to the time :)

YEESSSS.. maybe we can make a huge transparent saying: AFTERPARTY IN SKAUT HOTEL, PEARL JAM YOU ARE WELCOME"... hihih..

just imagine. seeing Eddie coming along in corridor with a bottle of wine saying "... well, let's get this party started..."... damn! I'd die in a second.

Anyway...i suppose the party after concert will not end up with just one bottle of polish vodka!
  • Options
    roubal wrote:
    Strange, it shows up when I do the search.
    Departure from Katowice 01.03, arrival in Krakow Glowny 02.37. Train number P43200.
    I've figured it out. Every time I did the search, and all these other Katowice stations popped up, I just thought there's no central Katowice station and looked at everyone other than the one I really wanted, and none of the other ones have that 1am train. It's all cleared up now, cheers.

There better be taxis waiting when we get to Krakow.
  • Options
    What time does the venue open? I heard as early as 3:00 PM...
    State College 5/3/03, Hershey 7/12/03, Reading 10/1/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Ottawa 9/16/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Hartford 5/13/06, Camden 5/27/06, Camden II 5/28/06, E. Rutherford 6/1/06, E. Rutherford II 6/3/06, Munich 6/12/07, Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, DC 6/22/08 - EV DC 8/16/08
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    cfield05 wrote:
    What time does the venue open? I heard as early as 3:00 PM...

you heard right.
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    People have been notified about the registration website for the bus to and from Munich, yeah? Time to set up a paypal account if you haven't already.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i think i will go back to krakow after the show, we can have a party on the train!
    i fly out of krakow to venice at midday the next day.
    Should all the people staying in krakow organise a hostel or something so we can party it up there before and after the show?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    i think i will go back to krakow after the show, we can have a party on the train!
    Should all the people staying in krakow organise a hostel or something so we can party it up there before and after the show?
    Was looking at Flamingo Hostel before I figured it's kinda pointless to pay for a bed I'm only gonna sleep in for 4 hours, so I decided to crash at the airport instead.

It does look alright. Check it out.
  • Options
    not sleeping could be an option, or sleeping at the airport, but 10 hours is a long time to kill at an airport, plus i will need to leave bags somewhere but that is what lockers at stations are for
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options

I'm on that plane too :D
  • Options
    how many jammers are on the sky europe flight to venice? perhaps we need a jammer hotel in venice as well
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Thanks to everyone in here for all the helpful advice. Have booked flights, tickets and the Novotel

Oh, and hi - I'm new here
  • Options
    UFFYUFFY Posts: 63
    Hi all, my brain is fried from just reading all 18 pages in one sitting!!

Going to just bite the bullet and book any old hotel in Katowice and hope for the best - can't be any worse than the taxi ride I got ripped off for in Prague last year!! Looked at the Skaut but not speaking polish meant I didn't have a clue how to book - as you can tell not the best traveller in the world!!

Thanks for all the info - hopefully booking for two nights in Krakow then onto Katowice for the 13th and then onto London. Boyfriend will divorce me if I book any more shows after making him sleep on the airport floor in Dublin last year and then driving up to Reading for the festival as soon as we arrived back. Might be worth it to see a few more shows though - only joking but I am sorely tempted!!
  • Options
    UFFY wrote:
    Hi all, my brain is fried from just reading all 18 pages in one sitting!!

I gave my wife that job
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    Where are people staying in Katowice? Are there any hotels close by to the railway station that anyone would recommend? Will we be able to get back in time before the public transport stops from Chorzow?
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    how many jammers are on the sky europe flight to venice? perhaps we need a jammer hotel in venice as well

from what i understand, quite a few. the group i'm going with has four jammers flying together (me, patrickredeyes, ozarkcoolchic, and another jammer). flight details are listed below.

Date: 14 Jun 07
    Flight: NE 352
    From/To: Krakow > Venice-Treviso
    Depart: 13:15
    Arrival: 14:55

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    from what i understand, quite a few. the group i'm going with has four jammers flying together (me, patrickredeyes, ozarkcoolchic, and another jammer). flight details are listed below.

ds

me too!!!
    are you guys thinking in visiting Aushwitz on that morning?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    DarkStar wrote:

ds
    there's 6 of us as well on that flight...I feel sorry for the other passengers :)
  • Options
    Brisk wrote:
    Where are people staying in Katowice? Are there any hotels close by to the railway station that anyone would recommend? Will we be able to get back in time before the public transport stops from Chorzow?
    Just book accom at Krakow, and jump on the train with most everyone else from the show :)
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:

ds
    we have the aisle seats on row 14! I feel so sorry for the people sitting by the windows on that row!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    Brisk wrote:
    I just booked rooms at the Hotel Załęże it seemed closest to Chorzow and it says its 60yards from the train.
  • Options
    This is going to be a pretty common question:

For those of us coming in on the bus from Munich, does anyone know if there's a cloak room at the stadium where we can drop off our backpacks?
  • Options
    Just booked at the Hotel Regit in Mestre. Its near the main train station and much more reasonable than hotels on Venice. I booked it through http://www.traveleurope.it 320euro/quadroom/2 nights Hotels on Venice want at least 320/night
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    Hinny wrote:
    Just book accom at Krakow, and jump on the train with most everyone else from the show :)

Nah Im flying to Katowice so it makes sense to stay there. Im also gonna get the 5 hour direct train to Vienna from Katowice the next day.
  • Options
    Brisk wrote:
    Nah Im flying to Katowice so it makes sense to stay there. Im also gonna get the 5 hour direct train to Vienna from Katowice the next day.

We're staying at the Novotel Katowice Centrum - reasonable rates and you can book direct
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Brisk wrote:

We're staying at the Hotel Diament which I think is near the station (there is also a Hotel Park Diament :o) it looks ok from the website.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Anyone here flying from Liverpool to Katowice on the 12th June and return flight on the 14th June

Original flight times were

Liverpool 12th depart 08.05 arrive Katowice 11.25
    Katowice 14th depart 06.00 arrive Liverpool 07.35

Wizzair have changed the flights, they are now

12th depart 13.40 arrive Katowice 17.00
    14th depart 13.40 arrive Liverpool 17.00

This has fucked me right up now, coz the return flight was 6.00am i was going to get a taxi to airport after the concert and just stay there until flight at 6.00am. Now i need a fucking hotel and they are all probably booked near stadium. Looks like i will have to look for a hotel near the airport