Options

Poland shall not be forgotten or official 13th June Chorzow/Katowice show thread

Comments

• Options
    karola wrote:
    still 30 mins sounds like too little time... but you can always just take some bus or whatever means of transport go to katowice and take a train from there to krakow. they run every hour or so.
    gosh, are you taking notes??? ;)
    still 131 days....

im getting more and more confused as each message gets posted now!!!!! bus? train? hotel in krakow? hotel in katowice? taxi to airport at 3am on 14th? oh god my heads gonna explode!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    JOHNLFC wrote:
    i have been on net none stop also dusseldorf and copenhagen aswell for me
    i am coming home after each one though

so are you going to book a hotel in krakow then goto katowice on the morning of the 13th

have you got any info for travelling after the gig back to airport ?

i think i will do that yeah as the general reaction of the poles on here say katowice is shit compared to krakow for spending a day/night, will get a hotel there then come back for the gig then we can get a taxi to the airport cant we? i was the same last year trying to sort out paris and pistoia (the single best gig EVER, no doubt!!!)

i havent got any info for travelling back to the airport but surely there will be cabs knockin about wont there? im sure one of our polish friends will answer that after reading this lengthy post, god i dont half go on once i start typing, the shit just keeps coming out as if im chatting!!!!! anyway that'll do for this post......
  • Options
    JOHNLFC wrote:

whats to be confused about from that? every place on there had a rating of 2.5 stars out of 5!!! thats not enough to persuade me to stay there, and did ya see the pic of that bloke outside the cinema, christ i best get in there it looks great, lol
  • Options
    i didnt really look at it properley just came across the info then sent it on
    just had alook at that fella in the photo c wot u mean
  • Options
    yeah dead right, we gotta give the fuckin blue nose/blue shite a good beating after last time aint we? how good was crouchs' and kuyts goals on tuesday, reminds me of myself in my hey day, ha ha i fookin wish!
    Come on you reds!!!!
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I'll be on the late train out from Katowice to Krakow. I will jump on the noon flight from Krakow to Paris. Should I even bother with trying to fit in a morning detour to Auschwitz?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    so youve give yourself 30 mins from landing and collecting your bag, mind you you wont have luggage as such will you? but still 30 mins from landing and getting thru passport control is a tight schedule mate! whens the next bus after that one can you remember off hand?
    Well, the shuttle bus is operated by wizzair and thus is provided at the airport for the people travelling with this airline. it should wait till the people get their luggage and go through the passport control. if you want to go to Krakow, don't worry. you will easily catch it.
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    Hinny wrote:
    I'll be on the late train out from Katowice to Krakow. I will jump on the noon flight from Krakow to Paris. Should I even bother with trying to fit in a morning detour to Auschwitz?

no, you won't have enough time for that.
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    im getting more and more confused as each message gets posted now!!!!! bus? train? hotel in krakow? hotel in katowice? taxi to airport at 3am on 14th? oh god my heads gonna explode!

katowice airport is actually 30 km north of katowice so you'll have to get to town by bus. from katowice you take a train to krakow.
    hotels in krakow are easily found on the net - just google them ;) also if you're not sure about which hotel to choose just ask here and I'll tell you what I know about the hotels you found. there's also plenty of cool hostels in krakow - again google is the place to find them. many of them are right in the centre of the old town and they're way cheaper than hotels.
    taxi after the concert - should be no problem.
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    I have another question: while in Poland, can someone trade in euros? Are they acccepted or do we have to exchange euros for zlotych at the airport/train station?
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    MutkiMutki Posts: 25
    pantelis79 wrote:
    I have another question: while in Poland, can someone trade in euros? Are they acccepted or do we have to exchange euros for zlotych at the airport/train station?

Euros are not accepted in Poland. You can without any problems exchange euros at the airports. It is just the simplest way for foreigners to do it..though the rate is not the best. The other way to exchange the money is to go to the KANTOR. There are many of such places in Poland. Just dont know how many and how they are located in Katowice/Chorzow area. They usually have better exchange rate. There are KANTORS at the bigest train stations in Poland as well.

You can pay also using credit cards. Just search for the VISA/MASTERCARD etc. logos at the shops/restaurants/pubs. Or just ask before paying.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Can I just add my thanks for the info on this thread :D:D

Great job!!! look forward to meeting some of you in June, will be staying in Katowice 12th & 13th so anybody meeting up?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    pantelis79 wrote:

If you're in a restaurant in Krakow, or at the airport, or in your hotel - ask, they might accept euros. Exchange euros for zlotys anyway, you will need them most of the time.
  • Options
    yeah dead right, we gotta give the fuckin blue nose/blue shite a good beating after last time aint we? how good was crouchs' and kuyts goals on tuesday, reminds me of myself in my hey day, ha ha i fookin wish!

Slaski stadium is located in a park area, I might consider bringing a football and my LFC t-shirt ;)
  • Options
    roubal wrote:
    Slaski stadium is located in a park area, I might consider bringing a football and my LFC t-shirt ;)

:cool: have we enough from each side for a game?? :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    roubal wrote:

haha yeah that'll be class, hundreds of half drunken pj fans trying to have a match, it would be chaos!!!
  • Options
    Sounds good to me!! :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Ok then, a game it is. :)
  • Options
    My socceroos jersey will be on, ready to do battle, Aussie style :)
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    My socceroos jersey will be on, ready to do battle, Aussie style :)

OK, he's on our side ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    OK, he's on our side ;):D
    What if I told you the name on my jersey says Cahill and not Kewell?

:)

OK, it's neither, but still... :D
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:

I'm neither a red or a blue so no worries with me... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:

they can DEFO have him now!!!!!!! aint havin no blues on our team, ha ha
  • Options
    MutkiMutki Posts: 25
    I am in the game!!!! So is my brother... I guess!
  • Options
    Anybody else think we are going to be hopelessly outnumbered....? :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Anybody else think we are going to be hopelessly outnumbered....? :o

perhaps, but we invented the beautiful game so our experience and skills shall shine through.....................or not as the case may be!
  • Options
    perhaps, but we invented the beautiful game so our experience and skills shall shine through.....................or not as the case may be!

Everyone on the goal line then!!! ;):D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i really want to work out travel arrangements from munich, before i buy a munich ticket.
    Trains look like they run to early, flying is €700 which is crazy for a 1.5 hour flight.
    any news on the bus front?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    I am flying from Prestwick Glasgow Easyjet hopefully. They fly direct to Krakow. Is the gig nearer too Krakow or Katowice?
    Dumb question i know but some posts on here seem to be contradicting themselves.