Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    The Akkus said:

I agree with you 100%. I will be at the Cincinnati show. I will be easy to find. Im 6'8". 325 lbs, bald with a goatee. Come say hi! I promise, I dont bite.

With that said, if someone is holding a spot while their partner goes to the bathroom, to get food, to get in the Will Call line or to retrieve/return something to the vehicle, then I am completely ok with that.....

If some shows up, puts their name on a list, then leaves for the rest of the day and tries to come back and get their spot.... Good f'n luck... There better be at least one person from each pair in line from the second you arrive until the second the doors open. If you and your partner leave, be prepared to be at the back of the line when you show back up, cause you 100% for sure are not getting in front of me if I stay there all day....

If 10C comes out with a policy for this, then I am all in. But if 10c members try to create their own rules such as this, then the rules are not flying with me.

I am gonna show up early now.
    This could get interesting.

=D>

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me :)
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    The Akkus said:

I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me :)

i want GA at THAT show...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    I really don't think it would be that hard for the 10club to have a rep or something near the venue observe the line to make sure people are not using a list or hand numbers to enforce their spot...they wouldn't be able to enforce bathroom breaks or whatever like that but its pretty easy to spot people using a system to keep track of things.

The rep could see the numbers or the piece of paper being signed, and just walk up and say this isnt happening. Stay in line or leave but no more paper, no more hand numbers...
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869

I really don't think it would be that hard for the 10club to have a rep or something near the venue observe the line to make sure people are not using a list or hand numbers to enforce their spot...they wouldn't be able to enforce bathroom breaks or whatever like that but its pretty easy to spot people using a system to keep track of things.

The rep could see the numbers or the piece of paper being signed, and just walk up and say this isnt happening. Stay in line or leave but no more paper, no more hand numbers...

I know they did that at the VIC in Chicago 07 for a bit, worked well, but then closer to time to go in it just became a rush.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    This is just like being in the 10c for 20 years and then having someone join the club a year ago and get better seats or rather, a seat, instead of you... hardee har har har.....
  • Options

This... Or just have someone from the 10C advise the security that is by the gates that there is no sign in sheet and not to honor one if one appears.
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2014 - Cincinnati
  • Options
    WavelandAveWavelandAve Posts: 50
    edited June 2014
    The Akkus said:

This... Or just have someone from the 10C advise the security that is by the gates that there is no sign in sheet and not to honor one if one appears.
    Thats what I was thinking. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. But at least make it so they can't just get away with it unless the rest of the line stags an uprising. That shouldn't be the only option.

All that said, I ended up 2 deep, dead center in SD last fall after waiting in line and just sort of ignoring the list and people cutting me. Eddie sang Porch directly in front of us. No regrets hahaha. So, those saying to just forget about it and enjoy the show, that is definitely the mode to operate under.

Still think someone can step in though.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

This is just like being in the 10c for 20 years and then having someone join the club a year ago and get better seats or rather, a seat, instead of you... hardee har har har.....

yeppers

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

they won't...and shouldn't.....besides liabilities...its human social order that should prevail.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    I'm sorry.. but, I have to ask...
    What the fuck is up with Pearl Jam Fans?
    I mean, I have been going to concerts since 1971. The deal was, you get there... you find the last person in the line and you stand behind them. Done.
    You make friends with the people around to and work it out so you can run over to the Chevron Station across the street to take a leak or run over to the 7-11 down the block to get a Pepsi and a bag of Doritos. And you do the same for them. This works out, especially if you go to gigs by yourself. And if the people in front let one or two people in... not that big of a deal. It is when they let in one or twenty people that it becomes a problem... and the other people in line will let them know.
    What has happened? Why do lists only show up at Pearl Jam gigs? They don't show up at Foo Fighter gigs... or Soundgarden... or Queens of the Stoneage, do they?
    Answer: Pearl Jam Fans.
    How about we act like adults and make simple choices... hang out in/near the line all day, miss the parties to get in earlier. OR... go to the parties and get in later. How about we pick one or the other and drop the notion that we are somehow entitled to both.
    I mean... it's pretty fucking simple... lines. Why do we make it so fucking complicated and childish?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo said:

I mean, I have been going to concerts since 1971. The deal was, you get there... you find the last person in the line and you stand behind them. Done.
    You make friends with the people around to and work it out so you can run over to the Chevron Station across the street to take a leak or run over to the 7-11 down the block to get a Pepsi and a bag of Doritos. And you do the same for them. This works out, especially if you go to gigs by yourself. And if the people in front let one or two people in... not that big of a deal. It is when they let in one or twenty people that it becomes a problem... and the other people in line will let them know.
    What has happened? Why do lists only show up at Pearl Jam gigs? They don't show up at Foo Fighter gigs... or Soundgarden... or Queens of the Stoneage, do they?
    How about we act like adults and make simple choices... hang out in/near the line all day, miss the parties to get in earlier. OR... go to the parties and get in later. How about we pick one or the other and drop the notion that we are somehow entitled to both.
    I mean... it's pretty fucking simple... lines. Why do we make it so fucking complicated and childish?

End of thread. Thank you and good night.
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2014 - Cincinnati
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Cosmo said:

Don't lump all of us in with this crowd. There is a group that hits every show in every city. They stand in line all day to get 10ft closer to the stage in hopes that it will somehow be different than the last 5 concerts they went to that week. I think we can safely say that the lunatic fringe sets up shop on the message board complaining about this among themselves. Personally, I went to three shows on the LB tour. I showed up before the (scheduled) start time. Walked in a stood 15 feet behind all the crazies that battled all day for position.

Enjoy the music people!! Have some fun! Pass on a poster on time. It's Rock n' Roll!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I love the irony........some people assumed the band was sick of seeing the same people in the front row every night when the floor seats were reserved.....now the band is getting sick of seeing the same people ( though not the ones who had front row reserved seats ) on the rail every night!

This is spot on ^^^^ JOEJOEJOE ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Cosmo for the win
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224

Cosmo said:

Don't lump all of us in with this crowd. There is a group that hits every show in every city. They stand in line all day to get 10ft closer to the stage in hopes that it will somehow be different than the last 5 concerts they went to that week. I think we can safely say that the lunatic fringe sets up shop on the message board complaining about this among themselves. Personally, I went to three shows on the LB tour. I showed up before the (scheduled) start time. Walked in a stood 15 feet behind all the crazies that battled all day for position.

Enjoy the music people!! Have some fun! Pass on a poster on time. It's Rock n' Roll!
    The crazy people who get there early and stay there all day are doing what they are supposed to be doing. It doesn't matter if they go to every show or not. As long as they put in the time... they deserve that spot on the rail. I know, i'm one of those crazy people who do this and have been doing this for a long, long time. I don't go to every show, but the ones that I do go to... I'll shoot for that spot if I can... Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stoneage, whatever.

What I'm talking about are the fans that think they are entitled to go to the venue... put their fucking name on some bullshit piece of paper... run off and do whatever... then, show up when you do and head to the front of the line. Why shouldn't those people have to stand behind you, if you are walking up from your car in the parking lot at the same time they are coming back from where ever they went?
    I'm asking... why do these fucking lists and all sort of rules only show up at Pearl Jam gigs?
    What happened? There weren't lists and rules before. What happened?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    edited June 2014
    Here is what could help ease all of this....imo...it woukd take a slight bit more work from 10c BUT would help stop the madness. What about timed entrances on the tickets based on either seniority or when you were drawn for your ticket? For instance, if you were drawn first for GA for wherever you would be allowed the first 20 min timeslot for entrance. Maybe allow 50 people per timeslot? Of course you could enter after your timeslot but it would stop the all day standing if the venue enforced no outside standing as well. Im not the best at explaining but I bet most people get the drift.
    Post edited by cmalisze on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'd love to hear from these listers. Can someone come on board and justify their fucken bullshit scam they are pulling on other members? That's what this is, a fucken scam run by some scumbags.
  • Options
    Cosmo said:

Cosmo said:

The crazy people who get there early and stay there all day are doing what they are supposed to be doing. It doesn't matter if they go to every show or not. As long as they put in the time... they deserve that spot on the rail. I know, i'm one of those crazy people who do this and have been doing this for a long, long time. I don't go to every show, but the ones that I do go to... I'll shoot for that spot if I can... Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stoneage, whatever.

What I'm talking about are the fans that think they are entitled to go to the venue... put their fucking name on some bullshit piece of paper... run off and do whatever... then, show up when you do and head to the front of the line. Why shouldn't those people have to stand behind you, if you are walking up from your car in the parking lot at the same time they are coming back from where ever they went?
    I'm asking... why do these fucking lists and all sort of rules only show up at Pearl Jam gigs?
    What happened? There weren't lists and rules before. What happened?
    GA happened
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    It was nothing to do with Wishlist who are a great charity! We/they are completely up front about everything we do.

The Vienna pre-party was just a fan organised gathering.

Also, please stay respectful when discussing the issue. No name-calling etc. just because you have a different opinion to those who want to put the time in to be up front or have differing 'wants' from their gig experiences. I wanted to discuss what I believed to be an unfair way of 'queuing', not a way to disrespect 10c members who want to queue.

On another note, the Vienna gig was amazing! ;)
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers said:

It was nothing to do with Wishlist who are a great charity! We/they are completely up front about everything we do.

Also, please stay respectful when discussing the issue. No name-calling etc. just because you have a different opinion to those who want to put the time in to be up front or have differing 'wants' from their gig experiences. I wanted to discuss what I believed to be an unfair way of 'queuing', not a way to disrespect 10c members who want to queue.

No problem with getting in line to "get" what you want from a gig. It becomes a problem when you see people saving spots all day for some fan that is out doing other things.

For example, I heard a lady in San Diego this year say something along the lines of " You're not on the list? Just come get in line with us. Do you know who I am?". Obviously a paraphrase, but that's just nonsense.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited June 2014
    strummers said:

Well I got news for you, there are people who actually think it is the wishlist group. Ironic that "list" is in the name too. I heard it back in Brooklyn and someone else said they heard it somewhere else. If you guys are doing this, then you guys are def gonna have a problem with all the people who waited all day for the show and you guys are out there partying it up until the gates open. Not fucken cool if it's true and you fucken know it.

Edit- and not for nothing but just because people are doing charitable work, doesn't mean they can fuck over people because they have their name on some list. If this indeed is happening like some people have heard.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    badbrains said:

strummers said:

Well I got news for you, there are people who actually think it is the wishlist group. Ironic that "list" is in the name too. I heard it back in Brooklyn and someone else said they heard it somewhere else. If you guys are doing this, then you guys are def gonna have a problem with all the people who waited all day for the show and you guys are out there partying it up until the gates open. Not fucken cool if it's true and you fucken know it.

Edit- and not for nothing but just because people are doing charitable work, doesn't mean they can fuck over people because they have their name on some list. If this indeed is happening like some people have heard.

I would not put anything past that crew they get tickets to everysingle show they so desire ....

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    So how are people scoring GA tickets for every show anyways? I cant even get one show.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MayDay10 said:

So how are people scoring GA tickets for every show anyways? I cant even get one show.

Strange isn't it.

we may never know.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    Its a cartel.

I would guess they are taking advantage of the lottery entries, no?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    stacking it with digital memberships?
    with all the listers.....

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

Its a cartel.

I would guess they are taking advantage of the lottery entries, no?

I don't believe the system to be that sophisticated. It's easy to work if you spend every day of your life living as though Pearl Jam was your job. I wonder if these people use the "charity" work as a tax write off?
  • Options
    name calling = thread derailment
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    edited June 2014

strummers said:

No problem with getting in line to "get" what you want from a gig. It becomes a problem when you see people saving spots all day for some fan that is out doing other things.

For example, I heard a lady in San Diego this year say something along the lines of " You're not on the list? Just come get in line with us. Do you know who I am?". Obviously a paraphrase, but that's just nonsense.
    The "Do you know who I am" lady is on the Memphis GA List thread and I think we all need to ask her the day off the show who she really is?

Post edited by coco butter on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.