Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    Not much defense of the list here...where are all the people that use the list? They don't want to go public?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

This is just like being in the 10c for 20 years and then having someone join the club a year ago and get better seats or rather, a seat, instead of you... hardee har har har.....

Well hey, that's what happens when someone(s) turns their back during Even Flow and Alive.

...not saying it was you who did that, but when stuff like the above situation happens, it's time to mix it up a bit.
    i don't really think that's the reason they changed it to GA.... but ok.

and once again.... anyone have proof of this back turning?

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    melissachunmelissachun Posts: 107
    JV130312 said:

Not much defense of the list here...where are all the people that use the list? They don't want to go public?

They probably have their own elite forum, where the come up with their master plans and complain about the non-listers.

• Options
    badbrains said:

um, I don't know if calling out the Wishlist organizers out as criminals is wise or justified. Maybe it's people who attend those pre parties, but I can't see it being the organizers.

Wise? Is the Pearl Jam mafia gonna revoke the membership I have faithfully paid for since forever?

I'm not accusing Wishlist of anything. I'm saying that there is a certain group of groupies that seem to set the rules for the first ten rows of people every damn show I attend. I notice some of them at pre-parties on a consistent basis.

I think it's BS.
    Wise as in making accusations against a group of people that do good. Jesus, man, take a breath. You actually did accuse the organizers directly. Look back at your post.
    Not for nothing Hugh, but I dnt see any of them on here defending themselves from the "rumors" going around. And just because some of them are doing good work, doesn't make it right for them to dictate who goes where in the GA. If that's the case, then shit, sign me on. I'll have no problem working the preparty fundraisers at all the shows if you're telling me my place will be saved for rail and I dnt have to wait in line all day.

Again, these are rumors some of us heard. If they're not true, then I'm sure we'd all love to hear their side of it. Hard to believe that it's 2014 and people have nothing better to do with their lives then to groupie around with this band. I can understand catching 4-5 shows a tour but to make your life revolve around a rail and pearl jam, shits fucken crazy. What happens to all these people when pearl jam is done? What will they do next? Serious question.

Hugh, I hope you dnt take this as me coming at you. My problem is in no way with you.
    I have zero issue with how someone chooses to live their life and what they do with their time. Its all relative. Some people think im nuts just for travelling once per tour to see a band I have seen 4 times already. So i wont judge others for doing what they do. Its just the saving spots i have an issue with.

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    JV130312 said:

10C nor the band can be responsible for what people do outside the venue before the show. they could say "don't line up" all they want. People still will. the band has no authority over this. Security at the door probably isn't the band's security, either, it's the venue's. And the venue folks don't give two shits about people lining up. so unless there's an uprising by the non-listers, nothing will change. and unfortunately, an uprising will only cause everyone's time to be ruined or people not allowed in the venue at all.

They can get rid of the "general admission" areas.
    But the north american fans have been begging for GA for years. They are only listening to their fans, which is what we all want, right?

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,881
    One thing is a fact.
    Come October, we will all know who is running the line and the lists.

Im sure there will be plenty of pictures and video.

Cant wait!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

One thing is a fact.

Cant wait!

Amazing how NONE of them have come forward and defended their practices of this list. Hmmmmm, they must know that they're def wrong in this matter and dnt want to show their faces around here. They MOST DEF know there are threads going around about their list. We'd all love for them to come speak out instead of hiding like cowards. So come on people, show us "who you are".....
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    JV130312 said:

TSIS? maybe there's a new underground elite forum these days. private FB groups probably...

Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    If you see "the list", bust out that smartphone and photograph it.
    Simply fire it off in an email to
    tickets@tenclub.net
    info@tenclub.net
    Problem effing solved.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    releaseNYreleaseNY In my private universe Posts: 153
    I think the list NON-abusers have spoken out countless times in the past. Not like this isn't the 1,000th thread on this topic, which has been debated tour after tour, here and on FB. I think they've said their piece.

And the list abusers, other than saying, "I am an asshole and I will do whatever I want and screw anyone and everyone around me to get what I want," what do you expect from them?

Personally I hate GA. I never put in for it. I also think that whole notion of "the band wants to see new faces up front" issue was solved with the row lottery years ago. I have a low number and only ever put in for reserved and avoid all this GA line kluster.

you paid to get in, you're free to leave.
  • Options

JV130312 said:

They probably have their own elite forum, where the come up with their master plans and complain about the non-listers.

Lol...

• Options

JV130312 said:

10C nor the band can be responsible for what people do outside the venue before the show. they could say "don't line up" all they want. People still will. the band has no authority over this. Security at the door probably isn't the band's security, either, it's the venue's. And the venue folks don't give two shits about people lining up. so unless there's an uprising by the non-listers, nothing will change. and unfortunately, an uprising will only cause everyone's time to be ruined or people not allowed in the venue at all.

They can get rid of the "general admission" areas.
    But the north american fans have been begging for GA for years. They are only listening to their fans, which is what we all want, right?

Was a good idea when it was first thought of until the elitist party goers created their list to exclude everyone else...
  • Options

One thing is a fact.

Cant wait!

Lol. Oh the drama!! Can't wait...
  • Options
    releaseNY said:

I think the list NON-abusers have spoken out countless times in the past. Not like this isn't the 1,000th thread on this topic, which has been debated tour after tour, here and on FB. I think they've said their piece.

And the list abusers, other than saying, "I am an asshole and I will do whatever I want and screw anyone and everyone around me to get what I want," what do you expect from them?

Personally I hate GA. I never put in for it. I also think that whole notion of "the band wants to see new faces up front" issue was solved with the row lottery years ago. I have a low number and only ever put in for reserved and avoid all this GA line kluster.

10000th thread on this topic? And the shits still happening? Then someone please put it to rest. Like tiki said, grab the list and photograph it. Send it to 10c and let's see what they do with it.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    badbrains said:

10000th thread on this topic? And the shits still happening? Then someone please put it to rest. Like tiki said, grab the list and photograph it. Send it to 10c and let's see what they do with it.

The list is not the problem...it's the people maintaining it.

i just find it sickening that some people think they are somehow "more" affiliated with the band and have taken it upon themselves to do this. Are they pre-party organizers who feel entitled just because they've done some charity work? Are they just greedy? Or do they REALLY think they are helping? I don't know...and frankly I don't care. It just needs to stop.

My only GA show last year was Worcester 1. It was early in the tour and I did not know about the list issue...I thought the list was a real thing. As it turned out they stopped signing people up after #100....I would have been like #105 and #106 with my buddy so it didn't matter. We were WAY up front anyway so there was no harm done...but I am VERY glad that this issue was not on my radar beforehand. I'm not one to be quiet when I get riled up.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233

If you see "the list", bust out that smartphone and photograph it.
    Simply fire it off in an email to
    tickets@tenclub.net
    info@tenclub.net
    Problem effing solved.

If I see this going on at Moline or Milwaukee, this is exactly what I will do.
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    badbrains said:

One thing is a fact.

Cant wait!

Amazing how NONE of them have come forward and defended their practices of this list. Hmmmmm, they must know that they're def wrong in this matter and dnt want to show their faces around here. They MOST DEF know there are threads going around about their list. We'd all love for them to come speak out instead of hiding like cowards. So come on people, show us "who you are".....
    Just wait till October, here in the States.
    No reason to make yourself crazy for 4 months.
    Come October I am sure there will be enough people in those G.A, lines, monitoring the situation with the "line and the list" people.

Its a shame though. I remember a few years back, when the 10club initiated the lottery for rows 1-2, 9-10. I thought it was a great idea. Hell, I was one who said the 10club should make the 1st 20 rows lottery. Of course anyone with a good 10club number, that got tickets in the 1st 10 rows, wanted me to drop dead. HAHAHAHA! Anyway a few years pass, and sure as shit, the 10club basically makes the 1st 20 rows lottery, but of course as we now know those 1st 20 rows became G.A.

G.A should be a GREAT thing. G.A. is a wonderful idea to get 400-500 lucky fans closer to the stage. People who never would have had a chance to get up close using the old system, now have a chance to get right on the rail, or a few rows back. But of course certain fan club members have to go and ruin it. Certain fan club members feel that they need to put them selves "IN CHARGE". For 20-30 years some of us old timers have gone to concerts and never in our lives have we seen anything close to a 'line and a list'. We went to concerts early, got in line, waited for the doors to open, and got our spot on the floor.

But for some reason a certain group of fans here, just cant play by the rules. A certain group of fans here think that they need to put themselves in charge. A certain group of fans here think for some reason they are above everyone else, and they can dictate how G.A. should work.

ITS JUST WRONG!
    WHO THE FUCK GAVE THESE PEOPLE AUTHORITY?
    WHO PUT THESE PEOPLE ON THE PEDISTAL?

Oh well, come October, I guess we will find out who these people are.
    I guess come October, they can then start to defend their actions.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

badbrains said:

One thing is a fact.

Cant wait!

Just wait till October, here in the States.
    No reason to make yourself crazy for 4 months.
    Come October I am sure there will be enough people in those G.A, lines, monitoring the situation with the "line and the list" people.

Its a shame though. I remember a few years back, when the 10club initiated the lottery for rows 1-2, 9-10. I thought it was a great idea. Hell, I was one who said the 10club should make the 1st 20 rows lottery. Of course anyone with a good 10club number, that got tickets in the 1st 10 rows, wanted me to drop dead. HAHAHAHA! Anyway a few years pass, and sure as shit, the 10club basically makes the 1st 20 rows lottery, but of course as we now know those 1st 20 rows became G.A.

G.A should be a GREAT thing. G.A. is a wonderful idea to get 400-500 lucky fans closer to the stage. People who never would have had a chance to get up close using the old system, now have a chance to get right on the rail, or a few rows back. But of course certain fan club members have to go and ruin it. Certain fan club members feel that they need to put them selves "IN CHARGE". For 20-30 years some of us old timers have gone to concerts and never in our lives have we seen anything close to a 'line and a list'. We went to concerts early, got in line, waited for the doors to open, and got our spot on the floor.

But for some reason a certain group of fans here, just cant play by the rules. A certain group of fans here think that they need to put themselves in charge. A certain group of fans here think for some reason they are above everyone else, and they can dictate how G.A. should work.

ITS JUST WRONG!
    WHO THE FUCK GAVE THESE PEOPLE AUTHORITY?
    WHO PUT THESE PEOPLE ON THE PEDISTAL?

Oh well, come October, I guess we will find out who these people are.
    I guess come October, they can then start to defend their actions.
    Awesome post speedy, but you forgot to add,"we dnt give a rats ass about no stinking list!" And I hope you're right about come October buddy. Someone's gonna get a lot of shit when people finally find out who these fucktards running the list are. God forbid it comes out it's the people involved with the wishlist organization. They'll end up fucking it up for everybody. I hope to god it's not true but like a few have said already, common theme involves the preparty. I hope to god these listers aren't using the wishlist organization for their own perks. Fucken weird it's the same people at every show, somehow never having a problem getting GA to every show. Yet some people keep getting shutout of even 1 show. Something's very fishy here. And the silence from the abusers is defining. I just have a bad feeling that it's gonna end ugly no matter what. Either GA will be gone because the band will say we abused the process or it's gonna get violent when someone tries to cut the people waiting in line. It's gonna happen, no doubt. Especially when it gets to the states. People are gonna be steaming from reading all these posts about listers and elitist. Then they're gonna go to the show already riled up, someone is gonna try to cut and the shits gonna hit the fan. Sooo, who do we end up blaming for losing GA? The listers for causing this problem and mess or the person who finally reacts to these fucktards and the list? Cuz one way or another, something's gonna happen....
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I don't do Facebook. I joined years back, and lasted about 10 minutes before I realized Facebook wasn't for me. Of course 95% of the world uses facebook, and plenty of my friends keep me "up to date" so to speak. hahaha

Anyway, I have been informed that right now, as we discuss this situation, there has been a guy in Europe who is running the list. And from what I hear he has not been shy about running the list. AGAIN I AM GETTING SECOND HAND INFO, so I cant quite say this is FACT. But from what I have been told there are plenty of pictures of him and his clipboard. There are posts stating that he is indeed running the list. I have also been told that he is indeed someone from this board.

Now if this is indeed true.
    What happens now? Didn't the 10club FLAT OUT state that there will be NO line and Lists this tour?
    Isnt this guy breaking the rules? Now he MAY have good intentions, but the fact is, he is going against the rules. PERIOD!

So now what?
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    I feel confident in saying that these people likely do all they can to get as many GA entries as possible in the lottery...

Im definitely going to get memberships for my 3 email addresses and each of my boyfriend's next tour.
  • Options

I don't do Facebook. I joined years back, and lasted about 10 minutes before I realized Facebook wasn't for me. Of course 95% of the world uses facebook, and plenty of my friends keep me "up to date" so to speak. hahaha

Anyway, I have been informed that right now, as we discuss this situation, there has been a guy in Europe who is running the list. And from what I hear he has not been shy about running the list. AGAIN I AM GETTING SECOND HAND INFO, so I cant quite say this is FACT. But from what I have been told there are plenty of pictures of him and his clipboard. There are posts stating that he is indeed running the list. I have also been told that he is indeed someone from this board.

Now if this is indeed true.
    What happens now? Didn't the 10club FLAT OUT state that there will be NO line and Lists this tour?
    Isnt this guy breaking the rules? Now he MAY have good intentions, but the fact is, he is going against the rules. PERIOD!

So now what?

Now if only someone can confront him and his piece of shit list. I jumped off the tour in Amsterdam so I can't. But I would have no problem doing it if I was there. We mite have to wait for Leeds and tiki. Gonna be intresting
  • Options
    BCBA said:

I feel confident in saying that these people likely do all they can to get as many GA entries as possible in the lottery...

Im definitely going to get memberships for my 3 email addresses and each of my boyfriend's next tour.

People have multiple accounts.
    People make friends.
    People do WHATEVER it takes to get their tickets.
    I have been saying it for years, there are people who would shove their own mother to the ground in order to get their precious tickets.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Last thing I'll say (maybe ;) ). The list and numbers themselves aren't really the issue - list or no list - the issue is the BS 'rules' that are dreamt up to make queuing less of a sacrifice.

If everyone queued in the true meaning of the word, only left for short bathroom/getting food to bring back to the line/picking up tickets and only 1 person in a group/pair left the line at any one time, it would make no difference if people had numbers/lists or not. Exactly as was in the 10c email.

It's not the lists/numbers that cause the issue - it's the people (individuals/small groups) who come up with the 're-imagining' of what a queue actually is that are the problem.

After leaving the other day, removing our names from the list and not coming back until a couple of hours before doors it was crazy to see the number of people abusing the numbers thing. We got our tickets at the box office and hung around for a bit until the box office was pretty much cleared of 10c people.

At that point you would think that, as it was just about 1.5 hrs to doors and everyone had got their tickets everyone with numbers would be in line. So we went round to the queue and stood at the back without numbers.

About 10 mins later there are shouts for the queue to move back so that those with numbers can slot in to their places. We ended up moving back a significant way. It was still pretty evident that there were a lot of 'numbers' missing. Low and behold, about 15 mins before doors the number of people swelled once again.

As someone who previously thought the principle behind the numbers was pretty fair and positive, I can now see the extent to which people use them as a way to get out of physically being in the line they are supposed to be waiting in. There was little to no respect at all.

It all left a bad taste in my mouth and I think the numbers/lists should be retired until such a time everyone regains their respect for fellow fans and understands how a queue works. Either that, or the 10c takes over running the lines (which I don't quite think is their job).
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    We all know there is abuse.
    There was abuse for those shows last fall in the USA.
    And EVERYONE knows it.

• Options
    I tried to put myself on a list for the Wrigley merchandise tents, but I failed and had to wait in line about four hours.
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220

Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    And EVERYONE knows it.

definitely.

I believe this current ticketing system swings the door wide open for people to ensure they get to the front, as long as they are sleazy enough about it.

1st 20 rows lottery IMO would be the best

• Options
    BCBA said:

Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    And EVERYONE knows it.

definitely.

I believe this current ticketing system swings the door wide open for people to ensure they get to the front, as long as they are sleazy enough about it.

A few years back I truly thought the 1st 20 rows being lottery would be a great thing. of course there were people who wanted me to just go to hell....But hey, that's ok...hehehe

Then when the G.A. lottery came about, I again though this would be a great thing. But as time goes by, its not all that great. At least from where I sit.

It has turned 10club members into lunatics.
  • Options

BCBA said:

Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    And EVERYONE knows it.

definitely.

A few years back I truly thought the 1st 20 rows being lottery would be a great thing. of course there were people who wanted me to just go to hell....But hey, that's ok...hehehe

Then when the G.A. lottery came about, I again though this would be a great thing. But as time goes by, its not all that great. At least from where I sit.

The ones that told you to go to hell are the ones probably running the list!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774

BCBA said:

Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    And EVERYONE knows it.

definitely.

No matter what system the 10c has in place, there will always be those people who will do whatever it takes to get to the front. It's crazy.
  • Options

BCBA said:

Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    And EVERYONE knows it.

definitely.

No matter what system the 10c has in place, there will always be those people who will do whatever it takes to get to the front. It's crazy.
    True.
    But if you went 20 rows lottery.
    20 rows of SEATS and not GA.
    There would be no room for the abuse that now goes on with the GA.
    Plus it would stop most of the insanity that has now come about, due to the GA.