Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

No matter what system the 10c has in place, there will always be those people who will do whatever it takes to get to the front. It's crazy.

When being seen by the band has become more important than seeing the band, maybe it's time to take a year or two off from going to multiple shows.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,862
    BinFrog said:

No matter what system the 10c has in place, there will always be those people who will do whatever it takes to get to the front. It's crazy.

When being seen by the band has become more important than seeing the band, maybe it's time to take a year or two off from going to multiple shows.
    Ya got that right!

Plus its time to go see a shrink.
    hahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220

BCBA said:

Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    We all know there is abuse.
    There was abuse for those shows last fall in the USA.
    And EVERYONE knows it.

definitely.

I believe this current ticketing system swings the door wide open for people to ensure they get to the front, as long as they are sleazy enough about it.

1st 20 rows lottery IMO would be the best

A few years back I truly thought the 1st 20 rows being lottery would be a great thing. of course there were people who wanted me to just go to hell....But hey, that's ok...hehehe

Then when the G.A. lottery came about, I again though this would be a great thing. But as time goes by, its not all that great. At least from where I sit.

It has turned 10club members into lunatics.

True.
    But if you went 20 rows lottery.
    20 rows of SEATS and not GA.
    There would be no room for the abuse that now goes on with the GA.
    Plus it would stop most of the insanity that has now come about, due to the GA.
    I agree with you 100%. I think it slams the door on a lot of what is being obviously exploited
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I arrived in line an hour before doors opened in Worcester last fall and was still in the first 4-5 rows. I'd never been that close and had a blast. If people want to fight for the rail be my guest, I have zero interest in having the opportunity to drink out of eddies wine bottle.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    In my eyes, from where I sit.
    20 rows lottery would just work out better.
    PLUS you don't have to inform the winners until they pick up the tickets, right? Like the old days. People would be back to using their 10club number for seats, and being HAPPY to just be in the house. You would no longer have people FOAMING AT THE MOUTH over these G.A. seats. People could just use their 10club numbers and 500-1000 people would be happy when they realized they got within the 1st 20 rows.

Of course this theory doesn't work for people who have had low 10club numbers for the last 20 years, and will now not be in their precious 1st row seats.

But HEY! Those people were already SCREWED by the G.A. lottery!!!!

:))
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,970

BCBA said:

Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    And EVERYONE knows it.

definitely.

I believe this current ticketing system swings the door wide open for people to ensure they get to the front, as long as they are sleazy enough about it.

A few years back I truly thought the 1st 20 rows being lottery would be a great thing. of course there were people who wanted me to just go to hell....But hey, that's ok...hehehe

Then when the G.A. lottery came about, I again though this would be a great thing. But as time goes by, its not all that great. At least from where I sit.

100% agree. As usual a small minority of the fans ruin it for the majority.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867

In my eyes, from where I sit.
    20 rows lottery would just work out better.
    PLUS you don't have to inform the winners until they pick up the tickets, right? Like the old days. People would be back to using their 10club number for seats, and being HAPPY to just be in the house. You would no longer have people FOAMING AT THE MOUTH over these G.A. seats. People could just use their 10club numbers and 500-1000 people would be happy when they realized they got within the 1st 20 rows.

Of course this theory doesn't work for people who have had low 10club numbers for the last 20 years, and will now not be in their precious 1st row seats.

But HEY! Those people were already SCREWED by the G.A. lottery!!!!

:))

I like it, or do 1 night all lottery 1 night regular if doing a 2 nighter in one city.

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

BCBA said:

Exactly.
    There is ABUSE
    And EVERYONE knows it.

definitely.

100% agree. As usual a small minority of the fans ruin it for the majority.
    The whole "G.A or Bust" mentality is just weird, in my eyes. I have friends here, who for 10 years were more than happy with their 10club number, and where their seats were located, according to that 10club number. They went to the shows, opened their envelope, and were more than happy with their seats. No matter where those seats were located, at any given venue.

NOW?
    FUCK THAT 10CLUB NUMBER!!!!
    I WANT G.A. OR IM NOT GOING!!!!!!!

Just weird.
  • Options
    Yeah.
    Best way to do it, is just do the straight up lottery for the tickets, location will be assigned based on seniority

1st 20 rows of floor in seated area will be randomly assigned and wont be disclosed until tickets are picked up.

Solves all problems and will ensure a new crowd up front every show. Everyone is happy.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Fuck that. GA = in order of height. Short ppl in the front, tall ppl in the back. :-D
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    BCBA said:

Yeah.
    Best way to do it, is just do the straight up lottery for the tickets, location will be assigned based on seniority

1st 20 rows of floor in seated area will be randomly assigned and wont be disclosed until tickets are picked up.

Solves all problems and will ensure a new crowd up front every show. Everyone is happy.

Yeah, I have always liked this idea.
    Yet, G.A. was a damned good idea too.
    But G.A? . It created a monster.
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    edited June 2014
    ldent42 said:

Fuck that. GA = in order of height. Short ppl in the front, tall ppl in the back. :-D

=D>

Yes! It's a pipedream, but I'm with ya! I know there are lots of peeps shorter than me, but there are way more people taller than me (5'6"). I had reserved seats in the fall on the floor and could hardly see through the trees. Not complaining, I loved the shows. What was the quote many moons ago from the Aussie tour "Hail Hail the lucky ones, I refer to those who are tall". EV on Luc Longley, I believe? lol....
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    BCBA said:

Yeah.

Works for me and I have a shitty num cuz like a fucktard, I let my 110XXX lapse years ago. But it seems to be the fairest way. Different people up front at every show, how refreshing would that be for the band.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,798

BinFrog said:

Ya got that right!

Plus its time to go see a shrink.
    hahahahaha
    http://youtu.be/IrCEhRNgGHY
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    ldent42 said:

i'd be okay with that.

i wish it would go back to one show per tour, F5 (or just working for it), seniority seating, and lottery for rows 1,2, 9, and 10.

20 rows is too much. and it wouldn't solve 10club's "real" problem. you'd be fitting way less people in the smaller spot GA takes.

i had a hard time finding someone to go with me to the few shows i was able to attend when i had decent seats, i'll never get anyone to go with me with this GA crap now.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

MayDay10 said:

So how are people scoring GA tickets for every show anyways? I cant even get one show.

Ticket buddies. Go to shows, meet new friends. Stagger your tickets with those of your friends, new and old. For example, your options for a random tour might be:
    Buffalo GA
    Cleveland GA
    Pittsburgh GA
    Detroit GA
    Buffalo Reserved
    Cleveland Reserved
    Pittsburgh Reserved
    Detroit Reserved

Their selections would be basically the exact opposite order. A third buddy might randomize that and a fourth buddy would have the opposite of the third.

If you happen to win reserved and really want the GA, ask around to swap.

OR....if they play LA two nights in row:
    LA 1 Seats
    LA 2 Pit
    LA 2 Seats
    LA 1 Pit

Knowing how the system works, it would be foolish (IMO), to put all your eggs into the basket of one night, so to speak. Likewise, get your ticket buddy to do the exact opposite of what you select.

...makes sense??

my issue I guess is I have no ticket buddies. So people have many times the opportunity as I do? It seems there are people well connected here, which is cool, but I am not plugged in. When I go to shows, its usually with my boyfriend, or friends who arent in the 10 club. I can have my boyfriend create an account... but he isnt really that into it, and I dont want to end up with extra pairs.

I look at the live forum and Lost Dogs and only see people offering extra GA tickets only for other GA tickets...

And im sure this list cartel has a decent network of dummy accounts set up to make it possible they get to all these shows.

It just reeks and is simply unfair.
    Post edited by BCBA on
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    They stand there with a list
    But we don’t know where from they exist
    Like a self-important tribe of greedy fans
    Looking for a spot in line
    they said "Have you got your wrist band yet?"
    And whatever you reply, you get denied

Now they come out to "lead"
    With their completely bogus creed
    and soon you’ve gone down on your knees and then you’ll beg
    And then before you know the list is obesely overgrown
    With all the lowely numbered thugs who've gone to party

You gotta know you’ll never get the rail
    They're the list brigade!
    List brigade!
    List brigade!

Always up front and never reserved
    Isn’t there a way it ought to be...to be?
    Flipping off the list creators
    And others when you knew how not to be
    Yeah Yeah
    Until the GA queue sets you free!

List brigade!
    List brigade!

The building stormy angst erodes the legitimacy every day
    Of some stupid f***ing list with no command
    They hold their ugly list as their means to ride the rail
    Hoping for their 47th pick
    And with 10C nowhere in sight
    There is no-one to deny
    As they hold their spot in line with such command
    And the show will soon arrive as they yet again thrive
    And hope that once again they can share Ed's wine

A-yeah!… A-yeah!… A-yeah!
    Never sign he list!
    It's a bogus list!
    Never sign he list!
    It's fake!

It's ridiculous!
    Uncontrollable
    Stop them!

*Mikey rips a solo*
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    Get rid of GA!!! Bring back seated rows with lottery for rows 1,2,8,9!!!

Problem solved.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I have res tickets for fall. I have never had res on my own account so I dunno how the seats will be. I was in the back of the floor once & it was really not great. I want to trade them for GA cuz I'm probably gonna be going alone to this show & is easier to find someone to buy a single GA then a single res.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    BinFrog said:

They stand there with a list
    But we don’t know where from they exist
    Like a self-important tribe of greedy fans
    Looking for a spot in line
    they said "Have you got your wrist band yet?"
    And whatever you reply, you get denied

Now they come out to "lead"
    With their completely bogus creed
    and soon you’ve gone down on your knees and then you’ll beg
    And then before you know the list is obesely overgrown
    With all the lowely numbered thugs who've gone to party

List brigade!
    List brigade!

Always up front and never reserved
    Isn’t there a way it ought to be...to be?
    Flipping off the list creators
    And others when you knew how not to be
    Yeah Yeah
    Until the GA queue sets you free!

List brigade!
    List brigade!

The building stormy angst erodes the legitimacy every day
    Of some stupid f***ing list with no command
    They hold their ugly list as their means to ride the rail
    Hoping for their 47th pick
    And with 10C nowhere in sight
    There is no-one to deny
    As they hold their spot in line with such command
    And the show will soon arrive as they yet again thrive
    And hope that once again they can share Ed's wine

A-yeah!… A-yeah!… A-yeah!
    Never sign he list!
    It's a bogus list!
    Never sign he list!
    It's fake!

It's ridiculous!
    Uncontrollable
    Stop them!

*Mikey rips a solo*

Brilliant!!! Or as speedy would say- EPIC!!!! =D>
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

"This is the t-shirt I was wearing when I was on the rail. I think a droplet of sweat from EV landed on it. I'm never washing it again!! My life is complete!!"
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,578
    edited June 2014
    jervin007 said:

BinFrog said:

"This is the t-shirt I was wearing when I was on the rail. I think a droplet of sweat from EV landed on it. I'm never washing it again!! My life is complete!!"
    Isn't there DNA in that droplet of Eddie sweat?

I can clone my very own EV and not have to worry about the line or the list anymore!!
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    Did we ever find out the value of some Eddie vedder snot?
  • Options

Did we ever find out the value of some Eddie vedder snot?

That has to be more valuable than the saliva on his wine bottle. You could get the same cold EV has! I would want to have that cold forever
    PJ:

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

One thing is a fact.
    Come October, we will all know who is running the line and the lists.

Im sure there will be plenty of pictures and video.

Cant wait!

Excellent.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PJam82PJam82 Posts: 107
    Someone already said it. You guys have phones....use them and record/take pics and put them on here for everyone to see who's in this little club.

Matter of fact, we need a mole to check out the Wishlist party and "make friends" just to see where they end up in the GA line.

Do I watch a lot of Scorsese...Yes. But, it can work.

Fact is, at some point, there will be an altercation and the GA line will become a liability. It is in 10C's best interest to have someone officially hand out numbers in the middle of the day as they set-up to those already in line.
  • Options
    PJam82 said:

Someone already said it. You guys have phones....use them and record/take pics and put them on here for everyone to see who's in this little club.

Matter of fact, we need a mole to check out the Wishlist party and "make friends" just to see where they end up in the GA line.

Do I watch a lot of Scorsese...Yes. But, it can work.

Fact is, at some point, there will be an altercation and the GA line will become a liability. It is in 10C's best interest to have someone officially hand out numbers in the middle of the day as they set-up to those already in line.

Agree with exception to fan club involvement. They have no role in this and shouldn't get dragged into added liability. People need to be called out and this will all end quickly.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,615
    There will always be a select few up front that alternate holding spots for a group of people that show up closer to show time. There's nothing that can be done to prevent this within the structure of the current GA system. On an individual level if this upsets someone, get there as early as possible and secure yourself a spot as close to the front of the line as possible, that way you're at peace with yourself knowing you've done all you can to claim your piece of real estate in front of the stage. Why waste an ounce of strength fuming over a handful of people showing up and sliding into spots held for them? If you're meant to catch a pick from Mike or drink some of Ed's wine you will, and if you're just a tad too far back and are *only* able to catch a smile from Stone or a nod from Jeff so be it.

I showed up outside the Vic Theatre at 12pm day of the show and was ~50th in line, only to hear those around me bitch all afternoon about people up front camping out and holding spots for their friends who were showing up closer to show time. I remember thinking to myself "we were lucky enough to secure tickets! you're really going to let that issue sour this moment?"

#firstworldproblems

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Pacer, so just suck it up huh? BS.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    If anyone does have pics of the list brigade I would love to see who these people are.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."