Options

This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    This is a good policy:

Put little platforms down in the GA area with numbers on them. Assign each ticket with a row and "platform" number, therefore each person gets their area without scrapping, fighting, and defending.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Bergfall said:

With the ever declining quality and quantity of service being provided by 10C (as I feel this is for them to fix, not us) I'm surprised the fan club tickets haven't yet been sold by 10C staff....at least not more than those that aren't picked up....

Disband 10C, and build it up from scratch, or let it stay dead, the "service" now provided for our yearly fee is at the very most on par with what I feel entitled to just being a safe and steady source of income for PJ the last 20 years....

Seriously, I never get happy visiting this page, the shop or the forum anymore.....

Maybe some fans, with the backing of a few accountants and IT people, should just start 10C v2....

:(( :(( :(( :((
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394

I'm built for comfort, I ain't built for speed.

Y'all can have your rail and wait in line all day, braving the elements and superfans with acoustic guitars.

I'm kicking back with dinner and drinks before the show, and then I'm gonna saunter over to the merch bus, buy me some stuff, take it all somewhere that I don't have to carry it the whole show, grab some more beers and find my way in.

It's amazing how close you can get when you still show up nine hours after the first people got in line. Half drunk, belly full, bladder empty, merch procured, high fives aplenty.

This guy's got it right!

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Glad i saw my 40 shows before this bullshit started happening now i can honestly say if i never see them again i'm good this crap has totally turned me off , Hey 10C YOU GUYS CREATED THIS MESS NOW LETS SEE YOU FIX IT BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT .....HORRAYYYYYYY FOR GA
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

How did 10C create any mess?

All they do is provide tickets for the shows. The band determines how the stage is set up as far as I know; whether or not there is a GA section, etc.

Did this list thing ever occur in the past? Has PJ never had a GA stage setup before this last tour?

It's the fans' responsibility to be respectful of each other. 10C doesn't hold that responsibility.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,594

Y'all can have your rail and wait in line all day, braving the elements and superfans with acoustic guitars.

I'm kicking back with dinner and drinks before the show, and then I'm gonna saunter over to the merch bus, buy me some stuff, take it all somewhere that I don't have to carry it the whole show, grab some more beers and find my way in.

It's amazing how close you can get when you still show up nine hours after the first people got in line. Half drunk, belly full, bladder empty, merch procured, high fives aplenty.

This guy's got it right!

Definitely!
    Wait in the hot sun or freezing cold for 14 hours to get a few feet closer to the stage? Ummm, no, I'm good. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

All they do is provide tickets for the shows. The band determines how the stage is set up as far as I know; whether or not there is a GA section, etc.

Did this list thing ever occur in the past? Has PJ never had a GA stage setup before this last tour?

It's the fans' responsibility to be respectful of each other. 10C doesn't hold that responsibility.

They are the one's who set up GA they should be the one's enforcing the rules at the shows in other words someone from 10C be there at the GA LINE MAKING SURE THIS SHIT DOESN'T HAPPEN ....and where you been living under a rock PJ has not had GA HERE IN THE STATES AT ALL BEFORE LAST FALL >>>>
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

They are the one's who set up GA they should be the one's enforcing the rules at the shows in other words someone from 10C be there at the GA LINE MAKING SURE THIS SHIT DOESN'T HAPPEN ....and where you been living under a rock PJ has not had GA HERE IN THE STATES AT ALL BEFORE LAST FALL >>>>

10C sets up GA? Or they just offer members of the fanclub tickets to GA?

I won't address the living under a rock part. Read my question, I don't mention NA at all.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

Agreed entirely. 10C is 100% hands-off with the list. 10C fans, however, are 100% responsible. That being said, you can't be neutral on a moving train. For 10C to say that they're hands-off is a statement in itself, because it means that an act that they disagree with is allowed to take place. The proactive course of action, as already said, would be to run something akin to Bruce Springsteen's GA ticket distribution.

1) Show up at some point throughout the day, get a wristband with a number on it, generated consecutively. Leave or stay after this - it's your call.
    2) Randomly generate a number (doable with literally any random number generator - Excel would do it, any smartphone would do it) from the first number generated (1) to the last wristband given out's number.
    3) Let people rearrange themselves, starting with the number drawn, and re-starting again at #1. Have a line-checker go down the line and make sure that's being followed. ("Please hold your wristbands out beside the barrier, we'll stamp your hand and you'll be allowed entry").

Now, wasn't that easy?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

10C sets up GA? Or they just offer members of the fanclub tickets to GA?

I won't address the living under a rock part. Read my question, I don't mention NA at all.

Yes the band determines how they want to have the seating set up the venue ....ok you only meant EUROPE i apologize about smart ass comment ....

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'll solve this...you are either in line or you are not. You have to pee, tell your ticket buddy and two other people. Get back in in 5 minutes (we'll give 15 if you have to #2).

There is no food trips. Brown bag it. Drinks? Cheap cooler, pack it.

Your feet hurt? Tough shit, survival of the fittest. Go rest your feet and get in the back of the line.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

This guy's got it right!

Definitely!
    Wait in the hot sun or freezing cold for 14 hours to get a few feet closer to the stage? Ummm, no, I'm good. :P
    The only justification I can see in doing this is if you are a fucking OOmpa Loompa and 3 ft is everything.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    This is pretty ridiculous. It's a line. You want to be on the rail or close then get there early and wait it out. You want to relax and have a few drinks before the show then you're not gonna make the rail. Why should 10 club get involved. We are grown adults. Kindergarten kids know how a line works.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    hey at least you got an awesome show
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    You people really need to get a life. Go have some beers
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    What's fair market value for Eddie vedder snot? Did anyone make a poll in lost dogs?
  • Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278

Hopefully there's no line at the bar
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532

I'm serious. It's the same line of weirdos at every damn show. How many times can you have Eddie sweat on you before you realize the show is just as good from 10 feet away.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    AY268609AY268609 Posts: 11
    San Fran 2006 worked pretty well for the first GA shows in a few years, no list, most people waited at the venue, there were a few times one person was "holding spots" for 6 people or so, but for the most part everyone was well behaved and put their time in line.
    8 years later, not so much by the sound of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

There really isn't anything to be getting mad at 10C for. Yes, it would be nice if they started enforcing some order in the GA line. Or at least asked security to make sure there is no list and it's first come first serve. But I certainly don't see it as 10c's obligation to help us get a handle on it (clearly they are giving us more credit than we deserve!). BTW, PJ had GA for years in North America. They stopped GA for the most part after the disaster in 2000. But now they have brought it back now that their fans are calmer and they obviously feel confident that we can keep the pit safe again, which is great!!! Anyway, they are old hacks at dealing with GA. It's not new. What's new are the fuckers who started doing this list thing, which actually has nothing going to do with 10C.

The only folks you should be mad at are the fuckers who make up their own scummy rules in the GA line.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I'm serious. It's the same line of weirdos at every damn show. How many times can you have Eddie sweat on you before you realize the show is just as good from 10 feet away.
    Agreed. A lot of the people who are on the rail every show (aka the list people) come off as stalkers almost. They're weird (and assholes).
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908

Total agree. These people are borderline stalkers IMO.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    PJ_Soul said:

Agreed. A lot of the people who are on the rail every show (aka the list people) come off as stalkers almost. They're weird (and assholes).
    Just read your post after I wrote mine....great minds think alike. ;)

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJ_Soul said:

This has to be real exciting for the band. "Oh hey, it's you AGAIN. Didn't I see you on the rail the last 5 shows? Well, I can only throw these guitar picks so far. Here you go, have another one."
    D-bags.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    I love the irony........some people assumed the band was sick of seeing the same people in the front row every night when the floor seats were reserved.....now the band is getting sick of seeing the same people ( though not the ones who had front row reserved seats ) on the rail every night!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    It is ironic -- Where there's a douche, there's a way!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    It absolutely blew my mind to see people standing in line for GA in Seattle last year starting at like 11:00 the night before the show. You're in one of the coolest and beautiful cities in the world, and you're standing in the freezing cold with your head down looking at concrete - only to be a complete zombie for the show.

Anything to be on the rail and be showered in EV snot and sweat. And the list thing is another animal. Bunch of fans who feel entitled and think they're special in the PJ fandom. Some people would literally rather be that close than be at the show at all.

Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413

Having numbers on your hands can sort of have a purpose if people try to cut in I guess.

But the list is so abused it's crazy.

In Amsterdam a bunch of people we're home sleeping but number 1-10 just because they came the night before and had the "night shift" or whatever they call it.

People had numbers on their hands at Auschwitz. Worked out just about as well as the idea of a list has...

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    melissachunmelissachun Posts: 107

To me, this is the gist. PJ and 10c have done their best to create a system that gives the true fans an advantage - the best seats and low fees - only to have the fans then turn around and screw each other. I'm sure this is NOT what they had in mind. It's not up to them to police how we treat our fellow fans. And the truth is, the only reason the list-makers and sharpie-freaks have any power is because "we" give it to them. Like the title of the thread reads "This has to stop" and now is the time.