This has to stop

Comments

• Options
    inmyohiotreeinmyohiotree Posts: 329
    CM189191 said:

PJ_Soul said:

You people really need to get a life. Go have some beers

Hopefully there's no line at the bar
    I'm serious. It's the same line of weirdos at every damn show. How many times can you have Eddie sweat on you before you realize the show is just as good from 10 feet away.
    Agreed. A lot of the people who are on the rail every show (aka the list people) come off as stalkers almost. They're weird (and assholes).
    This has to be real exciting for the band. "Oh hey, it's you AGAIN. Didn't I see you on the rail the last 5 shows? Well, I can only throw these guitar picks so far. Here you go, have another one."
    D-bags.
    Now this is funny lmfao
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    edited June 2014
    My thought... Keep GA, keep the lottery. Everyone puts in for their shows but no preferences (GA/reserve). If you win, you could have GA or reserve, you won't know till you get your tickets. Ticket pickup won't open till 2 hours before the door.

That leaves plenty of time for folks to swap tickets if need be, discourages the list and sharpie crowd, and maybe discourages the people who purchase multiple memberships to enter the lottery.

Seems like it might work, but what do I know except that I'm #20 on the list for the Memphis show :P
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    JV130312 said:

Having numbers on your hands can sort of have a purpose if people try to cut in I guess.

But the list is so abused it's crazy.

In Amsterdam a bunch of people we're home sleeping but number 1-10 just because they came the night before and had the "night shift" or whatever they call it.

People had numbers on their hands at Auschwitz. Worked out just about as well as the idea of a list has...

First, they were tattooed on their arms, and second, there are some things you just don't joke about.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    inmyohiotreeinmyohiotree Posts: 329
    I'm not a fan of the Ga line. I look around hoping no one I know recognizes me. Eddie stalkers are weird and embarrassing!!!
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2014
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2014
    benjs said:

JV130312 said:

Having numbers on your hands can sort of have a purpose if people try to cut in I guess.

In Amsterdam a bunch of people we're home sleeping but number 1-10 just because they came the night before and had the "night shift" or whatever they call it.

People had numbers on their hands at Auschwitz. Worked out just about as well as the idea of a list has...

First, they were tattooed on their arms, and second, there are some things you just don't joke about.
    Yeah, a little extreme and in poor taste.
  • Options
    benjs said:

/blockquote>

benjs said:

JV130312 said:

Yeah, a little extreme and in poor taste.
    I thought that Disgusting, vehement, and vile spew was not to be addressed?
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    njnancy said:

I have a question that is kind of off topic but not really (and GA is General Admission although i am pretty sure you were being facetious). When i look at the picture posted above, it makes me wonder (in a uh oh kind of way) where the reserved seats are through 10C - they say it's rows 1-10; which sounds awesome, even if you're behind a pit (which i imagine as the 'list' area on the picture). But it doesn't look like there is anything 1-10 going on there. Is it like second section orchestra? Or are the seats amidst the GA? First PJ concert and won reserved for Denver so I'm just trying to get my expectations in line with reality.

The GA section is the front of the floor. Reserved seats are on the sides of the stage (although it looks like a section or so closer to th back of the floor) as well as the first few rows of seats on the floor, which would be behind the GA section.

Reserved seats are assigned based on your 10C membership number.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

it's kind of the same thing before the internet when getting tickets. we used to sleep out overnight outside the ticketmaster kiosk to be first in line. we didn't have any shitty list. if you were there first, we all knew it. we had fun drinking and partying. But no one showed up in the evening and then left to go home to sleep and come back in the morning to claim their spot. if you were gone, you lost your spot. it's common sense. we slept out in Winnipeg winters to get good seats. Man did that ever suck/rock!

Seconded.

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    acharding said:

I'm not against bathroom breaks...and even an hour break for lunch. This is where a list would be handy....but people abuse the list. They show up and get a number and then they are gone. They leave and go to the preparty for hours. I feel that if you are in line for 12 hours, a lunch break is not out of the question...you just have to ask around and make sure people are ok with it. Then you have their backs while they take a break. No need to be assholes. But, if you think you are going to jump in front of people who have been in line all day just because you have a number 10 on your hand then you are mistaken. The line should take care of itself and have more say than the list (or the keeper of the list). If one hundred people say no, who the hell cares what sayeth the almighty keeper of the list.

EXACTLY! You want food or a bathroom, fine. That's 20-30 minutes with another quick break later in the day.

You want to show up at 8 PM three weeks before, sign your name on some piece of paper and then not show up again until five minutes before doors after you went to work for a half-day and the preparty? Uhhh, not how it works, bucko.
  • Options

You people really need to get a life. Go have some beers

Hopefully there's no line at the bar

The List:
    1 - Lost In Ohio

Imma drink every shot in there before you alls!!!!
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    I actually like sitting side stage or directly behind the stage in one of the first 3 or 4 rows whenever possible because now that the shows are like 3 hours long, it is nice to sit down for a song or two, so I will let everyone else fight it out over GA
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175

jlj_swe said:

what show was this?
    is this how big the GA section usually is?

This is from the Stockholm show in 2012. In Sweden the floor is almost always split in these two sections at concerts, and from looking at the venue map for Saturday's PJ concert it will be sort of the same then.
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096

njnancy said:

I have a question that is kind of off topic but not really (and GA is General Admission although i am pretty sure you were being facetious). When i look at the picture posted above, it makes me wonder (in a uh oh kind of way) where the reserved seats are through 10C - they say it's rows 1-10; which sounds awesome, even if you're behind a pit (which i imagine as the 'list' area on the picture). But it doesn't look like there is anything 1-10 going on there. Is it like second section orchestra? Or are the seats amidst the GA? First PJ concert and won reserved for Denver so I'm just trying to get my expectations in line with reality.

The GA section is the front of the floor. Reserved seats are on the sides of the stage (although it looks like a section or so closer to th back of the floor) as well as the first few rows of seats on the floor, which would be behind the GA section.

Reserved seats are assigned based on your 10C membership number.
    Thank you for answering my question! I won't really understand till i get my tix and go to the show. (first 10 rows had a different meaning in my mind - but i'm not complaining - there's a seat with my name on it & i was truly astounded when i saw 'won'. Didn't even try for GA for a bunch of reasons; esp, cause i like to check out the GA crowd behavior before jumping in.) Thanks again. :)>-
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Those not on the list work your way to the front and start a fight with those on the list during the show. Repeat as necessary. Once Eddie finds out why people are fighting and the ridiculous nature, there will be no stupid list.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    JV130312 said:

Those not on the list work your way to the front and start a fight with those on the list during the show. Repeat as necessary. Once Eddie finds out why people are fighting and the ridiculous nature, there will be no stupid list.

Probably the beginning of the end of the band touring also.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    jlj_swe said:

jlj_swe said:

what show was this?
    is this how big the GA section usually is?

This is from the Stockholm show in 2012. In Sweden the floor is almost always split in these two sections at concerts, and from looking at the venue map for Saturday's PJ concert it will be sort of the same then.
    The difference is that in 2012 the front section was first come first served (and not 10club only). This year the front section is more expensive, so you need separate ticket.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Is it me or is the common theme involves the list and the preparty? Please tell me these people aren't the ones throwing the preparty and then using it as an excuse to make some list that they would feel intitled to because of their "charitable" work? I heard some rumblings in Brooklyn about this but didn't believe it at the time. But when posts keep mentioning people hanging at the preparty all day and then showing up, cutting the line cuz of some stupid list. If that's the case, then the 10C MOST DEF has to do something about it. That would be some fucked up shit. Dnt know if it's true, but that's what I heard in Brooklyn. Again, it's what was told to me by a couple of different people at the time. Let's hope that's not the case.
  • Options
    10C nor the band can be responsible for what people do outside the venue before the show. they could say "don't line up" all they want. People still will. the band has no authority over this. Security at the door probably isn't the band's security, either, it's the venue's. And the venue folks don't give two shits about people lining up. so unless there's an uprising by the non-listers, nothing will change. and unfortunately, an uprising will only cause everyone's time to be ruined or people not allowed in the venue at all.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220

10C nor the band can be responsible for what people do outside the venue before the show. they could say "don't line up" all they want. People still will. the band has no authority over this. Security at the door probably isn't the band's security, either, it's the venue's. And the venue folks don't give two shits about people lining up. so unless there's an uprising by the non-listers, nothing will change. and unfortunately, an uprising will only cause everyone's time to be ruined or people not allowed in the venue at all.

That's the issue. Overall, most of us would and want to abide by their wishes. However, a percentage will take advantage and break the rules, causing others to rush to break the rules, and so on.
    Its the same thing going on with multiple memberships and scamming the lottery system. Some people see a crack, and more and more people rush in to defend their chances.

• Options
    BCBA said:

That's the issue. Overall, most of us would and want to abide by their wishes. However, a percentage will take advantage and break the rules, causing others to rush to break the rules, and so on.
    Its the same thing going on with multiple memberships and scamming the lottery system. Some people see a crack, and more and more people rush in to defend their chances.

but the people who already do this wouldn't give a sweet fuck if 10C released a statement telling people they shouldn't do it. they would still keep on keepin' on.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    I don't agree with the "a list comes in handy if the line is moved" thing.

Are people really unable to remember what the person in front of them and the person behind them look like?
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    badbrains said:

Is it me or is the common theme involves the list and the preparty? Please tell me these people aren't the ones throwing the preparty and then using it as an excuse to make some list that they would feel intitled to because of their "charitable" work? I heard some rumblings in Brooklyn about this but didn't believe it at the time. But when posts keep mentioning people hanging at the preparty all day and then showing up, cutting the line cuz of some stupid list. If that's the case, then the 10C MOST DEF has to do something about it. That would be some fucked up shit. Dnt know if it's true, but that's what I heard in Brooklyn. Again, it's what was told to me by a couple of different people at the time. Let's hope that's not the case.

i heard this exact same thing. wishlist people
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    badbrains said:

I went to a pre-party once and it was the weirdest and most uncomfortable place I think I've been related to PJ. Those people are doing some good things, but they need to be clear about their mission.....To get the perks that come along with being a quasi official PJ charity. Talk about elitist fans. I don't think I proved worthy....

Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited June 2014
    badbrains said:

I don't know, think PJ shouldn't need to get involved. People just need to stop this list BS. Pretty simple concept really.

1. Get to line and stay there. Bathroom breaks and quick food runs only 15 min where your ticket partner stays.

2. If your partner or friends are late you go back to them if you want to hang, they don't cut.

What's so hard about this??

Did PJ GA once and the entitled jerks were in full force. They stick together so folks need to stand up for themselves. Also should be called out on this board.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

badbrains said:

I went to a pre-party once and it was the weirdest and most uncomfortable place I think I've been related to PJ. Those people are doing some good things, but they need to be clear about their mission.....To get the perks that come along with being a quasi official PJ charity. Talk about elitist fans. I don't think I proved worthy....

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    *-:) *-:) *-:) *-:)
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

badbrains said:

@-)
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    edited June 2014
    Post edited by BCBA on
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    I agree with you 100%. I will be at the Cincinnati show. I will be easy to find. Im 6'8". 325 lbs, bald with a goatee. Come say hi! I promise, I dont bite.

With that said, if someone is holding a spot while their partner goes to the bathroom, to get food, to get in the Will Call line or to retrieve/return something to the vehicle, then I am completely ok with that.....

If some shows up, puts their name on a list, then leaves for the rest of the day and tries to come back and get their spot.... Good f'n luck... There better be at least one person from each pair in line from the second you arrive until the second the doors open. If you and your partner leave, be prepared to be at the back of the line when you show back up, cause you 100% for sure are not getting in front of me if I stay there all day....

If 10C comes out with a policy for this, then I am all in. But if 10c members try to create their own rules such as this, then the rules are not flying with me.
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington