Options

Iraq

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    How long before we put troops back on the ground?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,419
    edited August 2014
    Wrong country i thought the article was about Iran damn all this infighting among all the middle eastern countries is hard to keep up with , we need to stay out of all these ....
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    At this point I honestly don't know what we should do.

• Options

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Sounds like we are ready to start pushing back against ISIS.Airstrikes seem to be on deck.Id like to see The president show some muscle here,before this group of knuckleheads gain anymore ground.This is one foreign matter I think needs our attention.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    At the very least they should have had AWACS patrolling the area for the last month and providing logistical info to Iraq and Kurdish command at the very least. Sending a couple hundred "advisors" is a laughable offense. The Kurds are battle tested but not used to a trained diligent insurgency.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    It's great if America will help. I would like my country to send help as well. This is a horrible situation from what I've read.
  • Options
    Airstrikes have been authorized. Food drops have been authorized.

It's a start but it's not going to stop the cancer that has been rapidly spreading for the last several months.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    yeah because america is so "helpful" when we drop depleted uranium shells in civillian populations. Has anyone calling for more "help" seen the figures on birth defects in Iraq? I wish i could look it up and link it, damn flip phone. I remember reading that the birth defect rate is higher than Hiroshima after we dropped the Abomb. Dropping bombs is not helping, I would actually rather see troops on the ground than another round of dirty bombs. I'd rather see us mind our own business for once, but Team America World Police has always got some more democracy spreadin to do...maybe this time it will end with rainbows and unicorns, and a well ordered democratic state...aww shit time to wake up!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

yeah because america is so "helpful" when we drop depleted uranium shells in civillian populations. Has anyone calling for more "help" seen the figures on birth defects in Iraq? I wish i could look it up and link it, damn flip phone. I remember reading that the birth defect rate is higher than Hiroshima after we dropped the Abomb. Dropping bombs is not helping, I would actually rather see troops on the ground than another round of dirty bombs. I'd rather see us mind our own business for once, but Team America World Police has always got some more democracy spreadin to do...maybe this time it will end with rainbows and unicorns, and a well ordered democratic state...aww shit time to wake up!

Rgambs,This one needs intervention.These dudes are some fucked up players.No hippie peace shit on this one.Light them fuckers up.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    and who suffers? The unborn children who come into the world with malformations too fucked up to post on here. Yeah, light em up!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353

President Obama on Iraq during campaign:
    Here is the truth: fighting a war without end will not force the Iraqis to take responsibility for their own future. And fighting in a war without end will not make the American people safer.

I already can hear people saying yeah but this isn't a war it is air strikes, to that I say tell it to the people being bombed, I bet it feels like war to them.

WHY CAN'T WE STOP DOING THIS SHIT?
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    unsung said:

How long before we put troops back on the ground?

I think about thirty days ago. Obama said they would only do airstrikes only when Americans were in danger. The first airstrike occured 220 miles away from Baghdad, which is where POTUS said the advisers would stay. I suspect northern Iraq will become a "Where's Waldo?" of Americans for the next six months.

POTUS needs to be direct with these guys instead of pussyfooting around like he did in his televised speech last night. They should have sent Liam Neeson out there for the speech.

If you leave Iraq now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

and who suffers? The unborn children who come into the world with malformations too fucked up to post on here. Yeah, light em up!

Versus heads on spikes under the current situation? Or a huge 2 mile dam failing and wiping out 500,000 people?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

All the children are hiding in the hills,so they don't get slaughtered.Hence the airdrops of food and water.So yeah light them up,and I say don't wait.start today,until the run then hit em again.
  • Options
    It is medieval what ISIS is doing. I don't want us to go back in either but I'm not sure I see an alternative. These guys do need to be stopped.

Also, when it comes to Iraq, the disastrous decision to invade back in 2003 broke that country. We removed Saddam and created the vaccuum in which all this shit is happening. Those of us who were against that decision argued that we would never be able to walk away, that we would be involved there for generations to come. We are seeing the proof of that argument now.

We are largely responsible for the situation in that country. I'm not sure doing nothing as ISIS rolls through all resistance is an option for us. And I am horrified by that.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

It is medieval what ISIS is doing. I don't want us to go back in either but I'm not sure I see an alternative. These guys do need to be stopped.

Also, when it comes to Iraq, the disastrous decision to invade back in 2003 broke that country. We removed Saddam and created the vaccuum in which all this shit is happening. Those of us who were against that decision argued that we would never be able to walk away, that we would be involved there for generations to come. We are seeing the proof of that argument now.

We are largely responsible for the situation in that country. I'm not sure doing nothing as ISIS rolls through all resistance is an option for us. And I am horrified by that.

Exactly Jimmy
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    rr165892 said:

JimmyV said:

Exactly Jimmy
    100% agree. These crazy motherfuckers want to take over the world.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    FUCK THESE MOTHER FUCKERS!!! I wish we could wipe them off the face of the earth...ALL OF THEM!!! This is not a race issue, this is not an Islam issue, this is a group of monsters that are well financed and spreading fast. These guys are so nuts even Bin Laden didn't want anything to do with them.

ISIS is systematically beheading CHILDREN!!!!!!
  • Options
    VICE News reporter embedded with ISIS. Warning: near the end of the video, there is footage of heads on spikes. Like shitload of Game of Thrones-like heads on spikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bsCZzpmbEcs
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    So what part of the Constitution authorizes our involvement?
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

FUCK THESE MOTHER FUCKERS!!! I wish we could wipe them off the face of the earth...ALL OF THEM!!! This is not a race issue, this is not an Islam issue, this is a group of monsters that are well financed and spreading fast. These guys are so nuts even Bin Laden didn't want anything to do with them.

ISIS is systematically beheading CHILDREN!!!!!!

WE armed them. And yes, it is an Islam issue.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Serious question. I just returned to shift work and working night shift after a 6 month span of straight days. I haven't been keeping up on Iraq. I vaguely remember hearing that ISIS took control of a power plant. Why are we involoved??
  • Options
    Because we are responsible for everything.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,284
    unsung said:

So what part of the Constitution authorizes our involvement?

I hear a vote made by congress before they reautorizing legislation from 2002? Wonder what THAT was?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    We have no business there even though it's mostly our fault that it's happening.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,284
    whatever its worth, these ISIS ISIL what the fuck ever , are hardcore. They are clear in their objective and appear to have the strength of will to do whatever is necessary to achieve that goal. Rules of engagement do not apply for them and as such rules of engagement shouldnt apply in dealing with them.

If some of the baddest of the bad are saying these guys are fucked up even for them , then acting with extreme prejudice is the only option. Just wonder who will have the fucking balls to do it? I would prefer some other group of Arabs clean up their own backyard. These guys arent gonna stop with just Iraq.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Maybe we should stop playing puppet master.