America's Gun Violence

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925
    BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

>1 mass shooting (4 or more dead or injured) for every day so far this year.

I don't want your hunting rifles but, for gods sake, could we do some background checks and keep people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns?

it's all about the motherfucking NRA lobby and the politicians who lack the spine to say no.

Do we know if any of the murderers were on a watch list? Why shout when you don't have the facts.
    no, dude, I don't.....but is a fact that our politicians are scared to death of the the gun lobby....whose main goal is profit for gun manufacturers....sell anything, to anybody, anytime.
    No. Their goal is to protect the rights of citizens to defend themselves.
    yeah, right.

do you not believe things have changed just a little since your beloved 2nd Amendment was enacted 200-some years ago?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

If this was done by Islamists will you wish horrible horrible deaths on all of them as well?
    On all of who? The gun lobby is directly responsible for thousands of deaths, regardless of the race/religion of these people
    Well if your only concern is going after the gun lobby as opposed to the perpetrators and their ideology (whatever that might be) then attacks like these will always continue. As you said "we will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again".
    Whats this "we" shit? You dont live in this country.
    Up here we kind of like to nip things.
    Kind of like keeping that shit over in the east.
    Keep that shit south please and deal with it.
    We don't want it spilling over our friendly border.
    Until you force the Biebs back home , all bets are off!!!!!
    Ouch
    Ok, Ok,
    We as a country are truly sorry for him to be happening to you.
    Better you guys than us.
  • mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

If this was done by Islamists will you wish horrible horrible deaths on all of them as well?
    On all of who? The gun lobby is directly responsible for thousands of deaths, regardless of the race/religion of these people
    Well if your only concern is going after the gun lobby as opposed to the perpetrators and their ideology (whatever that might be) then attacks like these will always continue. As you said "we will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again".
    So one shouldn't be concerned?

Weren't you outspoken for the world's moral responsibility to assist with the Syrian refugee crisis?
    You may or may not recall I never interjected with what Canada ought to do. I confined it to the nation I am citizen of and rightly have a say in.
    Well sure, but you became pretty impassioned over the fortunes of people from another country.

Yet here, you become indignant towards others for doing the same thing.

You don't see how you are inconsistent in this particular instance?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Ah, BS is back with that old "It's okay if my politicians are terrorists" partisan hackery.

The fact that this happened at the place where I'm a client at just makes him even more of a scumbag.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

I don't want your hunting rifles but, for gods sake, could we do some background checks and keep people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns?

it's all about the motherfucking NRA lobby and the politicians who lack the spine to say no.

Do we know if any of the murderers were on a watch list? Why shout when you don't have the facts.
    no, dude, I don't.....but is a fact that our politicians are scared to death of the the gun lobby....whose main goal is profit for gun manufacturers....sell anything, to anybody, anytime.
    yeah, right.

do you not believe things have changed just a little since your beloved 2nd Amendment was enacted 200-some years ago?
    I'm from Canada and don't have a second amendment but I do believe your's is beautiful.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925
    BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

yeah, right.

I'm from Canada and don't have a second amendment but I do believe your's is a joke.
    fixed.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

I wonder how many are going to be disappointed when they find out it's not some group of redneck, toothless, gun toting, good ol' boys who did this?

Makes no difference who did it. The fact is 14 people will never take another breath because these jerkoffs had access to weapons designed to kill living beings.

Black, white, Muslim, Asian, Christian...all irrelevant.
    It is absolutely relevant if you truly want to stop this.
    Stop it? There's a huge contingency of people who don't even want to confront it. The US has a serious issue with gun violence and nobody seems truly care. There will be lots of discussion about gun violence and finally a push to profile the shooter so people can distance themselves from them and deny culpability. If they're Muslim they become terrorists; if they're Christian they become 'lone gunmen' separate from the rest of society. It's strange that Muslims are expected to be responsible for their fringe members when they commit atrocities yet the rest of us are allowed to distance ourselves from the nut jobs that we produce.

I completely agree with you on policing our own but the truth is that many of the white/christian lone gunmen are not actually inspired by their faith to kill. The religion tends not to be the driver in those situations.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    edited December 2015

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Weren't you outspoken for the world's moral responsibility to assist with the Syrian refugee crisis?
    You may or may not recall I never interjected with what Canada ought to do. I confined it to the nation I am citizen of and rightly have a say in.
    Well sure, but you became pretty impassioned over the fortunes of people from another country.

Yes, I am impassioned about that subject as well as others where I see a direct role in my countries foreign policy. Its about accountability. Really where I take umbrage is our friend consistently posting not opinion only but as if he has a direct say in it. He does not. Frankly I welcome the outside observers viewpoints generally. It provides a different prospective. From our friend though, I can watch fox news to get his take. No thanks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    edited December 2015
    BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

yeah, right.

I'm from Canada and don't have a second amendment but I do believe your's is beautiful.
    It must be awful living in Canada without those mass shootings and murders. Maybe someday you will get a 2nd amendment equivalent.
    Post edited by Smellyman on

Ah, BS is back with that old "It's okay if my politicians are terrorists" partisan hackery.

The fact that this happened at the place where I'm a client at just makes him even more of a scumbag.

InHiding maybe it's me but you might be the member I understand the least. This post makes zero sense.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

I wonder how many are going to be disappointed when they find out it's not some group of redneck, toothless, gun toting, good ol' boys who did this?

Makes no difference who did it. The fact is 14 people will never take another breath because these jerkoffs had access to weapons designed to kill living beings.

Stop it? There's a huge contingency of people who don't even want to confront it. The US has a serious issue with gun violence and nobody seems truly care. There will be lots of discussion about gun violence and finally a push to profile the shooter so people can distance themselves from them and deny culpability. If they're Muslim they become terrorists; if they're Christian they become 'lone gunmen' separate from the rest of society. It's strange that Muslims are expected to be responsible for their fringe members when they commit atrocities yet the rest of us are allowed to distance ourselves from the nut jobs that we produce.

I completely agree with you on policing our own but the truth is that many of the white/christian lone gunmen are not actually inspired by their faith to kill. The religion tends not to be the driver in those situations.
    its the political. faith is just the means to get them there. Bin Laden? Political. Taliban? Political. IS? Political. All of it stemmed from the US gov protecting corporate interests. Political.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

Did you stop to consider that we don't focus on the motivations of many shooters because they come from a culture similar to our own? If someone shoots up an abortion clinic we don't hold everyone who is opposed to abortion to some universal standard because they share the beliefs of the gunman. In fact, when it comes to most shooters we do everything we can to explain how they are so different from the rest of us. Why the double standard?
    Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

yeah, right.

It must be awful living in Canada without those mass shootings and murders. Maybe someday you will get a 2nd amendment equivalent.
    Our parliament was attacked by an Islamic radical only a short while ago. The only reason more weren't killed is that someone with a gun took the guy out. Read a paper.
  • mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Yes, I am impassioned about that subject as well as others where I see a direct role in my countries foreign policy. Its about accountability. Really where I take umbrage is our friend consistently posting not opinion only but as if he has a direct say in it. He does not. Frankly I welcome the outside observers viewpoints generally. It provides a different prospective. From our friend though, I can watch fox news to get his take. No thanks.
    You weren't very specific in your post and if you took note... several decent, caring people were taken aback with your words.

People on here care about a lot of things- from wolves to tigers to sharks to Syrians and... Americans too.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    edited December 2015
    BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

yeah, right.

Our parliament was attacked by an Islamic radical only a short while ago. The only reason more weren't killed is that someone with a gun took the guy out. Read a paper.
    Man I was owned. You have a MASSIVE amount of anecdotal evidence to throw in my face.

Post edited by Smellyman on

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

Did you stop to consider that we don't focus on the motivations of many shooters because they come from a culture similar to our own? If someone shoots up an abortion clinic we don't hold everyone who is opposed to abortion to some universal standard because they share the beliefs of the gunman. In fact, when it comes to most shooters we do everything we can to explain how they are so different from the rest of us. Why the double standard?
    We don't hold them to the same standard? Have you watched the news this past week? All I've heard from the media and Democrats is that conservative rhetoric on Planned Parenthood is responsible for the shooter's actions even though his ideology or motivations have barely been discussed other then some minor rambling on baby parts. Regardless of the incident we all do ourselves a great disservice to not analyze the motivation of the shooter. Taking the gun away from a law abiding private citizen will never prevent the attack of the ideologically evil.

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

You weren't very specific in your post and if you took note... several decent, caring people were taken aback with your words.

People on here care about a lot of things- from wolves to tigers to sharks to Syrians and... Americans too.
    to be fair, it was a response to a specific quoted post. Now I will concede that within the quoted post the words of another poster. So I was off base on that instance. However, my point holds with that person in general. "We" is thrown around enough to specific problems here. He cant own that shit. We , the citizens of this country , have to own it. And rightfully so. Much as I wish it were different on many fronts. Until we fully own our shit, it doesnt change.

Liberty and her sister Freedom are starting to get greedy. todays Blood Payment was made. 14 from this incident. Others died today as well from guns.

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

to be fair, it was a response to a specific quoted post. Now I will concede that within the quoted post the words of another poster. So I was off base on that instance. However, my point holds with that person in general. "We" is thrown around enough to specific problems here. He cant own that shit. We , the citizens of this country , have to own it. And rightfully so. Much as I wish it were different on many fronts. Until we fully own our shit, it doesnt change.
    As I've said before WE are global citizens. Interconnected and affected by each other's actions. Also I recognize that it is American leadership that provides for my security and I passionately believe that as goes America so goes the world. I wish I lived in a bigger country that could handle the job but unfortunately I don't. I know I'll never have a vote but I will always try to have a say. Ignore me if you like.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

We don't hold them to the same standard? Have you watched the news this past week? All I've heard from the media and Democrats is that conservative rhetoric on Planned Parenthood is responsible for the shooter's actions even though his ideology or motivations have barely been discussed other then some minor rambling on baby parts. Regardless of the incident we all do ourselves a great disservice to not analyze the motivation of the shooter. Taking the gun away from a law abiding private citizen will never prevent the attack of the ideologically evil.
    There you go with your made up BS again. Link me to one post in this thread where someone has advocated for, "taking the gun away from a law abiding citizen." Just one post. And when the citizens of Oh Canada have, oh, what is it, 3 or 4 guns for every one of your citizens, let's compare notes. What was the parliment attack? Number 5 or 10 for the year? We have that in a week. Fuck, you guys don't even let someone with a DUI into your country. Fucking pussies.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

As I've said before WE are global citizens. Interconnected and affected by each other's actions. Also I recognize that it is American leadership that provides for my security and I passionately believe that as goes America so goes the world. I wish I lived in a bigger country that could handle the job but unfortunately I don't. I know I'll never have a vote but I will always try to have a say. Ignore me if you like.
    Global citizens for a uniquely American problem? Got it.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

There you go with your made up BS again. Link me to one post in this thread where someone has advocated for, "taking the gun away from a law abiding citizen." Just one post. And when the citizens of Oh Canada have, oh, what is it, 3 or 4 guns for every one of your citizens, let's compare notes. What was the parliment attack? Number 5 or 10 for the year? We have that in a week. Fuck, you guys don't even let someone with a DUI into your country. Fucking pussies.
    Well let's see...the law up for debate right now is denying guns to people on terror watch lists. Now who can be against that? It sounds completely reasonable but as always the devil is in the details. Who gets to make the watch list? Who gets on that list? The Obama DOJ/IRS/What have you had made it clear that it is looking very hard at conservative/tea party/libertarian groups and consider them to be anti-government. This becomes a very slippery slope and it becomes very hard to trust this administration from placing law abiding citizens on watch lists based on their political associations.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Shawshank said:

Promise you it would make a big fucking difference to a lot of people, regardless if they are too naive to admit that or not.

Not to me either. Actually, the thought of it being rednecks never even crossed my mind until you mentioned it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,689
    BS44325 said:

Well let's see...the law up for debate right now is denying guns to people on terror watch lists. Now who can be against that? It sounds completely reasonable but as always the devil is in the details. Who gets to make the watch list? Who gets on that list? The Obama DOJ/IRS/What have you had made it clear that it is looking very hard at conservative/tea party/libertarian groups and consider them to be anti-government. This becomes a very slippery slope and it becomes very hard to trust this administration from placing law abiding citizens on watch lists based on their political associations.

There will always be some concern about who does or does not get on a watch list. To some degree, that concern is legitimate. The thing is, if enough people tried to be more educated about government and more people became involved in government, those kinds of concerns would dwindle.

What percentage of Americans are educated about government even on a basic level. Very low.

What percentage of Americans participate in government? Realistically, simply voting your color doesn't count. That's not really participating. So the answer again is, a very low percentage.

So what do we do? Let our fears control us and not have background checks and allow everyone to have guns?

The logical thing to do is instill background checks for potential guns owners and have more citizens participate in government to reduce the bias in those checks. Fairness in government will never happen with low participation in the process.

The only other solution is anarchy. And, well, there's always that I guess.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

There will always be some concern about who does or does not get on a watch list. To some degree, that concern is legitimate. The thing is, if enough people tried to be more educated about government and more people became involved in government, those kinds of concerns would dwindle.

What percentage of Americans are educated about government even on a basic level. Very low.

What percentage of Americans participate in government? Realistically, simply voting your color doesn't count. That's not really participating. So the answer again is, a very low percentage.

So what do we do? Let our fears control us and not have background checks and allow everyone to have guns?

The logical thing to do is instill background checks for potential guns owners and have more citizens participate in government to reduce the bias in those checks. Fairness in government will never happen with low participation in the process.

The only other solution is anarchy. And, well, there's always that I guess.

I agree with you 100% but the major problem right now is that trust in government is at an all time low.

"Mother should I trust the government?"

NOOOOO!
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

Care to show me where someone advocated for, "law abiding citizens to have their guns taken away?"
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,689

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

Care to show me where someone advocated for, "law abiding citizens to have their guns taken away?"
    It won't happen, H2M. It's the perpetual argument-with no-proof that is made against any reasonable solution to gun violence like background checks.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

Well what law are you advocating for then that isn't already on the books? You already have background checks. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens is all you have left. You can bump all the threads you want but there isn't a law out there that would have stopped a single one of those shootings. You are essentially conceding thats there is nothing left you can do. Typical of today's society. Tweet outrage but do nothing.
    brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

It won't happen, H2M. It's the perpetual argument-with no-proof that is made against any reasonable solution to gun violence like background checks.
    Background checks already exist. The only argument in congress right now is over the terror watch list and I already discussed how that can be abused. If you had it your way I'm sure climate change deniers would find themselves on that list! I get the emotion but I don't see a single person on here advocating for a single additional gun control policy that doesn't already exist. It is just the perpetual outrage machine.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

Well what law are you advocating for then that isn't already on the books? You already have background checks. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens is all you have left. You can bump all the threads you want but there isn't a law out there that would have stopped a single one of those shootings. You are essentially conceding thats there is nothing left you can do. Typical of today's society. Tweet outrage but do nothing.
    That's some big talking from someone who is advocating arming Canadians despite the fact that we as a nation have far fewer gun crimes per capita. Considering your obsession with the right to bear arms, wouldn't you be happier moving down to the United States? Many Canadians would like to keep our nation relatively gun free and avoid some of the problems the US is now facing. For all of your talk, it seems that you're more interested in introducing gun issues into Canada rather than proposing a legitimate way to reduce them in the US.
This discussion has been closed.