America's Gun Violence

Comments

• dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Shawshank said:

I wonder how many are going to be disappointed when they find out it's not some group of redneck, toothless, gun toting, good ol' boys who did this?

Whatever group it was... we gotta get 'em.

Did my reference to that idiot touch a nerve? And how do you know it won't be a bunch of yokels? Has it been established who the assailants are?
    As of 10:19 est the fbi had not ruled out terrorism. That is very very interesting.
    Well for one, it was clearly terrorism, regardless of the race or religion of the shooters
    Oh stop. You damn well know what terrorism they are referring too.
    Wait, there are different kinds of terrorism?
    Yes,
    Muslim inspired and everything else.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    edited December 2015

mcgruff10 said:

Shawshank said:

I wonder how many are going to be disappointed when they find out it's not some group of redneck, toothless, gun toting, good ol' boys who did this?

Did my reference to that idiot touch a nerve? And how do you know it won't be a bunch of yokels? Has it been established who the assailants are?
    As of 10:19 est the fbi had not ruled out terrorism. That is very very interesting.
    Well for one, it was clearly terrorism, regardless of the race or religion of the shooters
    Maybe it was for sport or protecting their family? That's why people own guns in the US.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • oh boy oh boy, given this guys name it is going to be fucking hysterical to see people spin how to keep guns out of brown terrorists hands but not white terrorists...

I'm missing something here. 'This guys name'? What name?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Shawshank said:

Oh stop. You damn well know what terrorism they are referring too.
    How does it make a difference? Does it make it more wrong? Or is it worse murder? Or should we be extra scared?

Pretty sure the political outrage meter will be in hyperdrive but I fail to see the difference.

I mean, sure it wouldn't be a good thing if someone radicalized by Isis did this, but it's not like it's the first time something of the sort happened and its not good regardless of who did it.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

oh boy oh boy, given this guys name it is going to be fucking hysterical to see people spin how to keep guns out of brown terrorists hands but not white terrorists...

Some are reporting that one of the shooters was a Syed Farook

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san-bernardino-shooting/authorities-respond-report-shooting-san-bernardino-california-n472976
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718

oh boy oh boy, given this guys name it is going to be fucking hysterical to see people spin how to keep guns out of brown terrorists hands but not white terrorists...

There is a name floating around in various reports. Sounds like he may have worked there
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

If this was done by Islamists will you wish horrible horrible deaths on all of them as well?
    On all of who? The gun lobby is directly responsible for thousands of deaths, regardless of the race/religion of these people
    Well if your only concern is going after the gun lobby as opposed to the perpetrators and their ideology (whatever that might be) then attacks like these will always continue. As you said "we will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again".
    Whats this "we" shit? You dont live in this country.
    This "we" shit has zero to do with where we live. Many of us have loved ones who live in your country, so yeah, I'd say that our opinion on the matter is just as relevant as yours.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    edited December 2015
    If this was truly some radical group of muslim fanatics, and then with the fucker last week blowing away the people at the abortion clinic, this country should seriously consider cracking down hard on religious bullshit that gets spewed from the pulpit (regardless of the theology).

Why is it any different than yelling "fire" in a crowded theater? How can any of these groups be allowed to incite violence, yet we have to allow it due to "free speech". Fuck free speech when this is the outcome. You should not be allowed to create an environment with words and ridiculous rantings that brainwash gullable idiots into carrying out their dirty work for them.

Post edited by Shawshank on
  • Shawshank said:

If this was truly some radical group of muslim fanatics, and then with the fucker last week blowing away the people at the abortion clinic, this country should seriously consider cracking down hard on religious bullshit that gets spewed from the pulpit (regardless of the theology).

Why is it any different than yelling "fire" in a crowded theater? How can any of these groups be allowed to incite violence, yet we have to allow it due to "free speech". Fuck free speech when this is the outcome. You should not be allowed to create an environment with words and ridiculous rantings that brainwash gullable idiots into carrying out their dirty work for them.

You could just listen to music, watch videos and pretend life is good.
    Recycle, reduce, re-use.
    All your problems will be solved.
    Serenity now.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    When America gets off its ass and to the polls, things will change. The complacency of this country makes me sick. And a fucking stage clown bigot is leading political polls. An all time new low.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

When America gets off its ass and to the polls, things will change. The complacency of this country makes me sick. And a fucking stage clown bigot is leading political polls. An all time new low.

A RICH fscb is leading the polls.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

So if I read this right you don't like the gun lobby?
    You are correct.
    So your solution to end senseless killing is wish horrible deaths on all involved in the gun lobby?
    It really is outrageous. It wouldn't be ok if someone said "planned parenthood has a lot of blood on their hands so I wish horrible horrible deaths on they're employees" so I'm not sure why this is ok.
    That is actually said quite a bit by those on the right.
    No actually...it isn't.
    No, it isn't. I don't think I have ever seen an anti-abortionist here on the boards say anything like that, and I think only the fringe far-right think that. Yes, they exist, but they're fanaticals. Saying it happens quite a bit on the right is not fair.
    (But I am thinking maybe Cliffy was just being emotional in reaction to yet another shooting and didn't mean what he said literally)
    I'm thinking you are probably correct, that's not to say I don't think they aren't repulsive and horrible human beings.
    They are horrible, and complicit.
    Ahhh...so now you're ok with the concept of being complicit. Interesting.
    Oh? You really want to bring the BDS stuff up here? Still waiting for that evidence

Please don't start that shite up again! Clearly not relevant to this thread
    I agree, not relevant at all, someone is trying to make it relevant. One track mind.
    Please...you brought up complicity. I am just pointing out your inconsistencies.
    Shawshank said:

Syed Farook doesn't sound "redneck" too me.

Shawshank said:

Makes no difference who did it. The fact is 14 people will never take another breath because these jerkoffs had access to weapons designed to kill living beings.

Black, white, Muslim, Asian, Christian...all irrelevant.
    It is absolutely relevant if you truly want to stop this.
    Shawshank said:

Except "the fucker last week" has not been shown to be religious.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

If this was done by Islamists will you wish horrible horrible deaths on all of them as well?
    On all of who? The gun lobby is directly responsible for thousands of deaths, regardless of the race/religion of these people
    Well if your only concern is going after the gun lobby as opposed to the perpetrators and their ideology (whatever that might be) then attacks like these will always continue. As you said "we will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again".
    What do you want others to know about living in your country?
    How do you feel about being an American?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,688
    "Oh damn, that sucks. Another mass shooting. Hmmm."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925
    >1 mass shooting (4 or more dead or injured) for every day so far this year.

I don't want your hunting rifles but, for gods sake, could we do some background checks and keep people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns?

it's all about the motherfucking NRA lobby and the politicians who lack the spine to say no.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    So your solution to end senseless killing is wish horrible deaths on all involved in the gun lobby?
    It really is outrageous. It wouldn't be ok if someone said "planned parenthood has a lot of blood on their hands so I wish horrible horrible deaths on they're employees" so I'm not sure why this is ok.
    Last time I checked abortion was still legal. And I'm waiting for you BS to make a casual link to this and the BDS movement because one of the victims might happen to be Jewish.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • imalive said:

I don't want your hunting rifles but, for gods sake, could we do some background checks and keep people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns?

it's all about the motherfucking NRA lobby and the politicians who lack the spine to say no.

Are you sure its political?
    Seems the USA culture is steeped in guns.
    Up here we aren't averse to guns just we would rather not have them part of our way of life.
    imalive said:

Do we know if any of the murderers were on a watch list? Why shout when you don't have the facts.
    BS44325 said:

imalive said:

Do we know if any of the murderers were on a watch list? Why shout when you don't have the facts.
    Oh the hypocrisy, you just posted on the other thread that this was most likely Islamic terrorists.

Or is that a fact?

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    Last time I checked abortion was still legal. And I'm waiting for you BS to make a casual link to this and the BDS movement because one of the victims might happen to be Jewish.
    Unlike Bataclan it is to early to say why this particular place was targeted by Islamists. Early word is that it was a christmas party of some type but who knows yet. Right now it was an American and a Qatari citizen who are being named as the attackers.
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

Oh the hypocrisy, you just posted on the other thread that this was most likely Islamic terrorists.

Or is that a fact?
    The news is saying fact but zero discussion of whether suspects were on a watch list.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925
    BS44325 said:

imalive said:

no, dude, I don't.....but is a fact that our politicians are scared to death of the the gun lobby....whose main goal is profit for gun manufacturers....sell anything, to anybody, anytime.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    That is actually said quite a bit by those on the right.
    No actually...it isn't.
    No, it isn't. I don't think I have ever seen an anti-abortionist here on the boards say anything like that, and I think only the fringe far-right think that. Yes, they exist, but they're fanaticals. Saying it happens quite a bit on the right is not fair.
    (But I am thinking maybe Cliffy was just being emotional in reaction to yet another shooting and didn't mean what he said literally)
    I'm thinking you are probably correct, that's not to say I don't think they aren't repulsive and horrible human beings.
    They are horrible, and complicit.
    Ahhh...so now you're ok with the concept of being complicit. Interesting.
    Oh? You really want to bring the BDS stuff up here? Still waiting for that evidence

Please don't start that shite up again! Clearly not relevant to this thread
    I agree, not relevant at all, someone is trying to make it relevant. One track mind.
    Please...you brought up complicity. I am just pointing out your inconsistencies.
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

Or is that a fact?
    The news is saying fact but zero discussion of whether suspects were on a watch list.
    Link?
    imalive said:

BS44325 said:

imalive said:

no, dude, I don't.....but is a fact that our politicians are scared to death of the the gun lobby....whose main goal is profit for gun manufacturers....sell anything, to anybody, anytime.
    No. Their goal is to protect the rights of citizens to defend themselves.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

So one shouldn't be concerned?

Weren't you outspoken for the world's moral responsibility to assist with the Syrian refugee crisis?
    You may or may not recall I never interjected with what Canada ought to do. I confined it to the nation I am citizen of and rightly have a say in.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BS44325 said:

Shawshank said:

Makes no difference who did it. The fact is 14 people will never take another breath because these jerkoffs had access to weapons designed to kill living beings.

Black, white, Muslim, Asian, Christian...all irrelevant.
    It is absolutely relevant if you truly want to stop this.
    Stop it? There's a huge contingency of people who don't even want to confront it. The US has a serious issue with gun violence and nobody seems truly care. There will be lots of discussion about gun violence and finally a push to profile the shooter so people can distance themselves from them and deny culpability. If they're Muslim they become terrorists; if they're Christian they become 'lone gunmen' separate from the rest of society. It's strange that Muslims are expected to be responsible for their fringe members when they commit atrocities yet the rest of us are allowed to distance ourselves from the nut jobs that we produce.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Up here we kind of like to nip things.
    Kind of like keeping that shit over in the east.
    Keep that shit south please and deal with it.
    We don't want it spilling over our friendly border.
    Until you force the Biebs back home , all bets are off!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.