America's Gun Violence

Comments

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

So if I read this right you don't like the gun lobby?
    You are correct.
    So your solution to end senseless killing is wish horrible deaths on all involved in the gun lobby?
    It really is outrageous. It wouldn't be ok if someone said "planned parenthood has a lot of blood on their hands so I wish horrible horrible deaths on they're employees" so I'm not sure why this is ok.
    Not saying my opinion is right or even mildly rational, it just infuriates me that people actively work to put guns in insane people's hands. They have put so many people through hell so gun manufacturers can make a buck.

These people are literally contributing to domestic terrorism.
    They are complicit
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

You are correct.
    So your solution to end senseless killing is wish horrible deaths on all involved in the gun lobby?
    It really is outrageous. It wouldn't be ok if someone said "planned parenthood has a lot of blood on their hands so I wish horrible horrible deaths on they're employees" so I'm not sure why this is ok.
    Because people have double standards.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    That is actually said quite a bit by those on the right.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    Not saying my opinion is right or even mildly rational, it just infuriates me that people actively work to put guns in insane people's hands. They have put so many people through hell so gun manufacturers can make a buck.

I get that you're angry with gun violence but it is starting to look like these perpetrators were very sane. It's looking very planned and coordinated. Let's also not forget that in the end it was guns that brought these criminals down.
  • Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    Here on this forum? Where?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.

I get that you're angry with gun violence but it is starting to look like these perpetrators were very sane. It's looking very planned and coordinated. Let's also not forget that in the end it was guns that brought these criminals down.
    Sane people do not walk into a crowded room with assault rifles and murder anything moving. And it makes it so much worse if they are "sane"
  • Equating people involved in Planned Parenthood with pro-gun lobbyists is rather ridiculous...

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.

Sane people do not walk into a crowded room with assault rifles and murder anything moving. And it makes it so much worse if they are "sane"
    Yes they do. You might think someone's ideology is "crazy" but that doesn't make their actions legally insane. The Paris attackers would not be considered "insane" by any legal definition and neither would the San Bernandino killers.

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.

Oh get off your high horse and get real. These people are trying to make a living just like everyone else. What people do with their product is not their fault. No one in the gun industry is actively trying to put guns in insane people s hands or trying to contribute in any way to domestic terrorism. That s like saying the alcohol industry is willingly putting liquor in the hands of drunk drivers and contributing to the 10,000 deaths a year because of drunk driving accidents
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,051

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.

I think you're confusing "sane" with "evil".
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    edited December 2015

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/11/evangelist-calls-on-christians-to-assassinate-abortion-providers/

Two second google. Googling more would find a lot more.

Not so much on this forum. Although when a shooting happened at an abortion clinic a while ago. One poster was glad and he got what he deserved. I actually got banned for calling her out on it.

Weird world.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.

Yes they do. You might think someone's ideology is "crazy" but that doesn't make their actions legally insane. The Paris attackers would not be considered "insane" by any legal definition and neither would the San Bernandino killers.
    I mean, I'm not really using the unfit to stand trial definition of insane but more the murdering as many people as possible definition

Equating people involved in Planned Parenthood with pro-gun lobbyists is rather ridiculous...

So is wishing death on people involved with the gun lobby.

Equating people involved in Planned Parenthood with pro-gun lobbyists is rather ridiculous...

It would be ridiculous if that's what I was doing.
  • mcgruff10 said:

So is wishing death on people involved with the gun lobby.
    Wishing death on anyone is rarely justified
  • Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/11/evangelist-calls-on-christians-to-assassinate-abortion-providers/

Two second google. Googling more would find a lot more.

Not so much on this forum. Although when a shooting happened at an abortion clinic a while ago. One poster was glad and he got what he deserved. I actually got banned for calling her out on it.

Weird world.
    Well you could Google anything to find some idiot saying something you might wish to assert. That hardly serves as a qualifier and most definitely doesn't describe the 'right' on this forum.
  • mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.

Oh get off your high horse and get real. These people are trying to make a living just like everyone else. What people do with their product is not their fault. No one in the gun industry is actively trying to put guns in insane people s hands or trying to contribute in any way to domestic terrorism. That s like saying the alcohol industry is willingly putting liquor in the hands of drunk drivers and contributing to the 10,000 deaths a year because of drunk driving accidents
    Easy now.
    Lay off the alcohol industry pal.
    No need to take it that far :smile:
  • i hear prayer works.

i mean, it has been sooooooo effective the thousands of other times we have had to talk about mass shootings..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

If this was done by Islamists will you wish horrible horrible deaths on all of them as well?
    On all of who? The gun lobby is directly responsible for thousands of deaths, regardless of the race/religion of these people
    Well if your only concern is going after the gun lobby as opposed to the perpetrators and their ideology (whatever that might be) then attacks like these will always continue. As you said "we will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again".
    Whats this "we" shit? You dont live in this country.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    And around and around we go. Arguing over which person has which right instead of tackling the problem with real and constructive discussion. A microcosm of america as a whole. And why it is incredibly unlikely this shit will ever stop.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited December 2015
    pjhawks said:

21st mass shooting in this country this year alone , mass shooting consist of 4 or more victims ....

yet the only thing people protest are when cops shoot and kill black men, most who are career criminals. doesn't make a lot of sense. in fact makes as little sense as the NRA and gun lobby's stance on automatic weapons and high powered rifles.
    Not this again.
    What is the point of protesting crazy or evil people after they've been caught or killed??
    There is a point and a potential result when people protest police misconduct, and it's about the bad behavioir of a public servant and the management and oversight of an institution paid for by the public and controlled by the government. Protests are relevant in those cases. They aren't for a wack job with a gun who shoots up a random place. So what do you have in mind?? You think people should just fill the streets to express their fear and outrage about shootings as a group just for the hell of it? Do you think that would stop mass murderers?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

If this was done by Islamists will you wish horrible horrible deaths on all of them as well?
    On all of who? The gun lobby is directly responsible for thousands of deaths, regardless of the race/religion of these people
    Well if your only concern is going after the gun lobby as opposed to the perpetrators and their ideology (whatever that might be) then attacks like these will always continue. As you said "we will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again".
    So one shouldn't be concerned?

Weren't you outspoken for the world's moral responsibility to assist with the Syrian refugee crisis?
  • And around and around we go. Arguing over which person has which right instead of tackling the problem with real and constructive discussion. A microcosm of america as a whole. And why it is incredibly unlikely this shit will ever stop.

it will never, ever, ever stop. never. not in our lifetime.

the people in power, the politicians, who have the power to do anything at all refuse to do so.

we are still trying to repeal obamacare and defund planned parenthood here.

the only thing to do is replace a bad guy in congress with a good guy.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

21st mass shooting in this country this year alone , mass shooting consist of 4 or more victims ....

yet the only thing people protest are when cops shoot and kill black men, most who are career criminals. doesn't make a lot of sense. in fact makes as little sense as the NRA and gun lobby's stance on automatic weapons and high powered rifles.
    Not this again.
    What is the point if protesting crazy so others after they've been caught or killed??
    There is a point and a potential result when people protest police misconduct, and it's about the management of an institution paid for by the public and controlled by the government. Protests are relevant in those cases. They aren't for a wack job with a gun who shoots up a random place. So what do you have in mind?? You think people should just fill the streets to express their fear and outrage as a group just for the hell of it? Do you think that would stop mass murderers?
    Protest against ineffective gun legislation and demand change. This would be legitimate wouldn't it?
  • Sure we can't even manage to discuss this in a civil manner, what hope is there for a real resolution?!
    edited December 2015
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Well the "we" shit in this instance is in quotes. You see I was quoting Cliffy. I will however pass on the message to the rest of the international Ten Club members that their views are not really welcome here.
  • mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Up here we kind of like to nip things.
    Kind of like keeping that shit over in the east.
    Keep that shit south please and deal with it.
    We don't want it spilling over our friendly border.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited December 2015
    BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    No, it isn't. I don't think I have ever seen an anti-abortionist here on the boards say anything like that, and I think only the fringe far-right think that. Yes, they exist, but they're fanaticals. Saying it happens quite a bit on the right is not fair.
    (But I am thinking maybe Cliffy was just being emotional in reaction to yet another shooting and didn't mean what he said literally)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    No, it isn't. I don't think I have ever seen an anti-abortionist here on the boards say anything like that.
    (But I am thinking maybe Cliffy was just being emotional in reaction to yet another shooting and didn't mean what he said literally)
    Agreed but I believe it was Smellyman and not Cliffy who made mention of "the right".
This discussion has been closed.