America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

So if I read this right you don't like the gun lobby?
    You are correct.
    So your solution to end senseless killing is wish horrible deaths on all involved in the gun lobby?
    It really is outrageous. It wouldn't be ok if someone said "planned parenthood has a lot of blood on their hands so I wish horrible horrible deaths on they're employees" so I'm not sure why this is ok.
    That is actually said quite a bit by those on the right.
    No actually...it isn't.
    No, it isn't. I don't think I have ever seen an anti-abortionist here on the boards say anything like that, and I think only the fringe far-right think that. Yes, they exist, but they're fanaticals. Saying it happens quite a bit on the right is not fair.
    (But I am thinking maybe Cliffy was just being emotional in reaction to yet another shooting and didn't mean what he said literally)
    I'm thinking you are probably correct, that's not to say I don't think they aren't repulsive and horrible human beings.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

You are correct.
    So your solution to end senseless killing is wish horrible deaths on all involved in the gun lobby?
    It really is outrageous. It wouldn't be ok if someone said "planned parenthood has a lot of blood on their hands so I wish horrible horrible deaths on they're employees" so I'm not sure why this is ok.
    No actually...it isn't.
    No, it isn't. I don't think I have ever seen an anti-abortionist here on the boards say anything like that.
    (But I am thinking maybe Cliffy was just being emotional in reaction to yet another shooting and didn't mean what he said literally)
    Agreed but I believe it was Smellyman and not Cliffy who made mention of "the right".
    Yeah I know. But Cliffy said everyone in the gun lobby should die (and I added to my post after you quoted it btw :) )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    No, it isn't. I don't think I have ever seen an anti-abortionist here on the boards say anything like that, and I think only the fringe far-right think that. Yes, they exist, but they're fanaticals. Saying it happens quite a bit on the right is not fair.
    I'm thinking you are probably correct, that's not to say I don't think they aren't repulsive and horrible human beings.
    They are horrible, and complicit.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    No, it isn't. I don't think I have ever seen an anti-abortionist here on the boards say anything like that.
    Agreed but I believe it was Smellyman and not Cliffy who made mention of "the right".
    Yeah I know. But Cliffy said everyone in the gun lobby should die (and I added to my post after you quoted it btw :) )
    Cool...but we're both just dumb canadians anyways so we really should just stay out of it all together.
  • BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    Cool...but we're both just dumb canadians anyways so we really should just stay out of it all together.
    I'm on a whole different continent, so I guess my comments may not be welcome either!
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    So how does your irrational thought provoked by anger to evoke death upon a group any different from the shooters minds that have done this?

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    I tend to agree.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    Here on this forum? Where?
    patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/11/evangelist-calls-on-christians-to-assassinate-abortion-providers/

Two second google. Googling more would find a lot more.

Not so much on this forum. Although when a shooting happened at an abortion clinic a while ago. One poster was glad and he got what he deserved. I actually got banned for calling her out on it.

Weird world.
    Well you could Google anything to find some idiot saying something you might wish to assert. That hardly serves as a qualifier and most definitely doesn't describe the 'right' on this forum.
    I never said on this forum, you put those words in my mouth.

The attacks on Planned Parenthood and abortion doctors on the right from the media has been relentless and yes it has led to the hatred and the killings at these clinics. And yes you can google and find lots of itdiots saying the workers at planned parenthood deserve to die.

Not all muslims are terrorists.....Neither are all on the right.
  • PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    So how does your irrational thought provoked by anger to evoke death upon a group any different from the shooters minds that have done this?

Presumably the fact that he would never act on his anger in such a manner
  • PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.

Presumably the fact that he would never act on his anger in such a manner
    I was asking Cliffy.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    Ahhh...so now you're ok with the concept of being complicit. Interesting.
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    Oh? You really want to bring the BDS stuff up here? Still waiting for that evidence

• dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.
    Oh? You really want to bring the BDS stuff up here? Still waiting for that evidence

Please don't start that shite up again! Clearly not relevant to this thread
  • Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/11/evangelist-calls-on-christians-to-assassinate-abortion-providers/

Not so much on this forum. Although when a shooting happened at an abortion clinic a while ago. One poster was glad and he got what he deserved. I actually got banned for calling her out on it.

Weird world.
    Well you could Google anything to find some idiot saying something you might wish to assert. That hardly serves as a qualifier and most definitely doesn't describe the 'right' on this forum.

The attacks on Planned Parenthood and abortion doctors on the right from the media has been relentless and yes it has led to the hatred and the killings at these clinics. And yes you can google and find lots of itdiots saying the workers at planned parenthood deserve to die.

After you asserted what you did about the 'right'... my questions were point blank and simple: here on this forum? Where?

To which you responded with what you did- a Google search coupled with a vague reference to one of your experiences with a 'rightie'.

So don't claim I put those words in your mouth.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.

Please don't start that shite up again! Clearly not relevant to this thread
    I agree, not relevant at all, someone is trying to make it relevant. One track mind.

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    No actually...it isn't.

Because I'm not actually going to, you know, go murder anyone....

My point was that I want these people to suffer since they have contributed to the suffering of so many others. Saying I want them dead is overboard, no doubt but I find these people to be partly responsible for this, sandy hook and every other similar situation and I surely don't wish them well in their lives.

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.

Weird world.

After you asserted what you did about the 'right'... my questions were point blank and simple: here on this forum? Where?

To which you responded with what you did- a Google search coupled with a vague reference to one of your experiences with a 'rightie'.

Fair enough boss
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I wonder how many are going to be disappointed when they find out it's not some group of redneck, toothless, gun toting, good ol' boys who did this?
  • Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

Smellyman said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.

Weird world.

Fair enough boss
    It's cool. Just trying to make sure I wasn't misunderstood (or portrayed poorly).
    Shawshank said:

I wonder how many are going to be disappointed when they find out it's not some group of redneck, toothless, gun toting, good ol' boys who did this?

Makes no difference who did it. The fact is 14 people will never take another breath because these jerkoffs had access to weapons designed to kill living beings.

Black, white, Muslim, Asian, Christian...all irrelevant.
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018

Makes no difference who did it. The fact is 14 people will never take another breath because these jerkoffs had access to weapons designed to kill living beings.

Promise you it would make a big fucking difference to a lot of people, regardless if they are too naive to admit that or not.

• Shawshank said:

Whatever group it was... we gotta get 'em.

Did my reference to that idiot touch a nerve? And how do you know it won't be a bunch of yokels? Has it been established who the assailants are?
    Shawshank said:

Promise you it would make a big fucking difference to a lot of people, regardless if they are too naive to admit that or not.

Okay. I'm not sure what the point is here...

Shawshank said:

Okay. I'm not sure what the point is here...
    The point is we can quit worrying about the guns because.....evil Muslims.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    edited December 2015

Shawshank said:

Did my reference to that idiot touch a nerve? And how do you know it won't be a bunch of yokels? Has it been established who the assailants are?
    As of 10:19 est the fbi had not ruled out terrorism. That is very very interesting. Lots of similarities to the Paris shootings so far. Same type of weapon, dress , obviously well coordinated/planned, and instead of running they went back to their apartment.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

Shawshank said:

As of 10:19 est the fbi had not ruled out terrorism. That is very very interesting.
    Well for one, it was clearly terrorism, regardless of the race or religion of the shooters
    oh boy oh boy, given this guys name it is going to be fucking hysterical to see people spin how to keep guns out of brown terrorists hands but not white terrorists...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

mcgruff10 said:

Shawshank said:

As of 10:19 est the fbi had not ruled out terrorism. That is very very interesting.
    Well for one, it was clearly terrorism, regardless of the race or religion of the shooters
    Oh stop. You damn well know what terrorism they are referring too.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Shawshank said:

Oh stop. You damn well know what terrorism they are referring too.
    Wait, there are different kinds of terrorism?
This discussion has been closed.