America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    muskydan said:

How about this then, anyone who lives in that area better lock it down And if you are one of the smart ones it's time to get those bad guns out and attempt to protect you and your family.

You're a dope
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

dignin said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

Wonder if there are any people that are reconsidering their position on guns?

don't count on it.

Think maybe in the backs of their minds?

Looking forward to Trumps comments on this.
    WTF is wrong w/ you??? ...throwing Trump into this at this point of this tragedy... Get a life or atleast a clue
    See posting guidelines.
    Musky could have wrote the same thing on several occasions- he takes more shots from people than anyone else on this board; however, he never does. It's kind of petty to remind him of posting guidelines, yet stand back and say nothing when he is attacked.

With that said, Callen's relative indifference to this recent mass shooting should hardly be viewed as cold or callous- it's par for the US. It really is. Americans are gunning each other down at a pace no other country outside of ones actively engaged in a war of some sort can come remotely close to matching.

And... coincidence or not... the US is the most armed country in the world by far as well.
    Sure. That comment gets a pass but mine was petty. You want to defend it, go right ahead. You have a habit of defending shitty posts. If that's your thrill, fine.....I don't really care.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    dignin said:

dignin said:
    Wow... hopefully the authorities have them.
    It looked like one of them was dead in the middle of the street.......hopefully that was one of them.
    Most likely, with the long rifle laying at his feet. I wonder if the car that hit the water bottle truck up the road is the other suspect, sounds like the third one is in the back seat of the suv
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    'MURICA!
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

How about this then, anyone who lives in that area better lock it down And if you are one of the smart ones it's time to get those bad guns out and attempt to protect you and your family.

You're a dope
    No doubt….I often feel like I am on dope reading many peoples thoughts on here. Be safe and lock it down Southern Cali, it sounds like one of these assholes can be still on the loose. Shitheads like this rarely want to come out alive.
  • I really don't know what to say anymore, we just keep going round and round in ever diminishing circles. More people die and nothing changes. Is it any wonder people lose hope and become inured to it all?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    21st mass shooting in this country this year alone , mass shooting consist of 4 or more victims ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

I really don't know what to say anymore, we just keep going round and round in ever diminishing circles. More people die and nothing changes. Is it any wonder people lose hope and become inured to it all?

At this point I would have actually expected people to become more and more completely freaked out and angry and forcing serious change rather than become apathetic, given how frequent these are. Go figure.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I really don't know what to say anymore, we just keep going round and round in ever diminishing circles. More people die and nothing changes. Is it any wonder people lose hope and become inured to it all?

People have been stating this for years. Especially on this forum/thread.
    The world is a mess.
    People need to wake up and stop with this hippie illusion of being able to imagine it all away (not you).
    Too many people think that happy thoughts and inner peace will solve this.
    I call it denial and being inured.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

I really don't know what to say anymore, we just keep going round and round in ever diminishing circles. More people die and nothing changes. Is it any wonder people lose hope and become inured to it all?

People have been stating this for years. Especially on this forum/thread.
    The world is a mess.
    People need to wake up and stop with this hippie illusion of being able to imagine it all away (not you).
    Too many people think that happy thoughts and inner peace will solve this.
    I call it denial and being inured.
    Who thinks that?? I don't know any people at all who think that way. You must be REALLY twisting up people's viewpoints in your head to believe what you're saying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

At this point I would have actually expected people to become more and more completely freaked out and angry and forcing serious change rather than become apathetic, given how frequent these are. Go figure.
    You'd think so, yet they seem paralysed
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    A couple news stations said there was an arguement at some type of holiday party and one of the suspects left but eventually came back and did this. Wtf?!?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited December 2015
    Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    mcgruff10 said:

A couple news stations said there was an arguement at some type of holiday party and one of the suspects left but eventually came back and did this. Wtf?!?!

I heard that too, but, it's now being reported that the suspects were throwing out pipe bombs out of the suv when being chased. Seems too planned for a spur of the moment lapse of sanity...

mcgruff10 said:

I heard that too, but, it's now being reported that the suspects were throwing out pipe bombs out of the suv when being chased. Seems too planned for a spur of the moment lapse of sanity...
    it seems very planned as evident by the fact that they went straight to the third floor and didn't touch anyone on the first two floors of the building. I heard the police just found pipes not pipe bombs as previously reported. I guess in a few days we'll know the truth but this definitely seemed very planned out.
  • Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

We will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again.

I wish horrible horrible deaths on everyone involved with the gun lobby. I am sure this will go over very well with many but the lobby has so much blood on their hands.

Now there's a happy hippie thought...
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2015

Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

If this was done by Islamists will you wish horrible horrible deaths on all of them as well?
    BS44325 said:

If this was done by Islamists will you wish horrible horrible deaths on all of them as well?
    On all of who? The gun lobby is directly responsible for thousands of deaths, regardless of the race/religion of these people
  • dignin said:

dignin said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

Wonder if there are any people that are reconsidering their position on guns?

don't count on it.

Think maybe in the backs of their minds?

Looking forward to Trumps comments on this.
    WTF is wrong w/ you??? ...throwing Trump into this at this point of this tragedy... Get a life or atleast a clue
    See posting guidelines.
    Musky could have wrote the same thing on several occasions- he takes more shots from people than anyone else on this board; however, he never does. It's kind of petty to remind him of posting guidelines, yet stand back and say nothing when he is attacked.

With that said, Callen's relative indifference to this recent mass shooting should hardly be viewed as cold or callous- it's par for the US. It really is. Americans are gunning each other down at a pace no other country outside of ones actively engaged in a war of some sort can come remotely close to matching.

And... coincidence or not... the US is the most armed country in the world by far as well.
    Sure. That comment gets a pass but mine was petty. You want to defend it, go right ahead. You have a habit of defending shitty posts. If that's your thrill, fine.....I don't really care.
    No. It's not my thrill.

And I never defended the post. I defended the poster. I guess I'm a defender?

Irrelevant. These brutal shootings are absolutely ridiculous. Scary thing? They'll never stop. Not a chance. The will to undergo a change effort that has potential to make a difference isn't there with enough people.

Nothing can change the present, but with meaningful legislation... the next generation stands a chance. Herein lies the problem- the 'me' in 'we' refuses to make any kind of shallow sacrifice if they don't directly experience the benefit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Remember when elementary school kids got mowed down at school and nothing ever happened? Yeah, me too.

So if I read this right you don't like the gun lobby?

You are correct.
    edited December 2015

BS44325 said:

On all of who? The gun lobby is directly responsible for thousands of deaths, regardless of the race/religion of these people
    Well if your only concern is going after the gun lobby as opposed to the perpetrators and their ideology (whatever that might be) then attacks like these will always continue. As you said "we will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again".

You are correct.
    So your solution to end senseless killing is wish horrible deaths on all involved in the gun lobby?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

21st mass shooting in this country this year alone , mass shooting consist of 4 or more victims ....

yet the only thing people protest are when cops shoot and kill black men, most who are career criminals. doesn't make a lot of sense. in fact makes as little sense as the NRA and gun lobby's stance on automatic weapons and high powered rifles.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Well if your only concern is going after the gun lobby as opposed to the perpetrators and their ideology (whatever that might be) then attacks like these will always continue. As you said "we will be outraged, we will mourn, we will talk about action, we will move on and then it will happen again".
    obviously a fair point but that's obviously not the only concern. They are just the ones directly responsible for guns getting into the hands of many of these lunatics
    mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    So your solution to end senseless killing is wish horrible deaths on all involved in the gun lobby?
    It really is outrageous. It wouldn't be ok if someone said "planned parenthood has a lot of blood on their hands so I wish horrible horrible deaths on they're employees" so I'm not sure why this is ok.
    edited December 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    It's not a solution because there will be more idiots to replace them, but I do think people who are fine with and essentially work for lunatics getting guns deserve some serious shit
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    pjhawks said:

yet the only thing people protest are when cops shoot and kill black men, most who are career criminals. doesn't make a lot of sense. in fact makes as little sense as the NRA and gun lobby's stance on automatic weapons and high powered rifles.
    I totally agree ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

The cognitive dissonance on the right is truly astounding.
    BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You are correct.
    It really is outrageous. It wouldn't be ok if someone said "planned parenthood has a lot of blood on their hands so I wish horrible horrible deaths on they're employees" so I'm not sure why this is ok.
    Not saying my opinion is right or even mildly rational, it just infuriates me that people actively work to put guns in insane people's hands. They have put so many people through hell so gun manufacturers can make a buck.

These people are literally contributing to domestic terrorism.
This discussion has been closed.