America's Gun Violence

Comments

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    PJ_Soul said:

I live nearby in Upland which is just east of the county border and am a client of that regional center since I have Asperger's. This became very fucking personal. May those terrorists get what they deserve ASAP by the armed law.

OMG, I'm so sorry, Yes, that is very close to home for you especially.... Glad you weren't there at the time.
    Haven't been there in 7 years so I'm very lucky. San Bernardino is scary enough.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    edited December 2015
    dignin said:

Prayers aren't going to help any future victims of these mass shootings, the US needs action, they need gun control.

GUN control won't happen and it will NEVER happen in this country. Out of the many mass shootings this one is a FIRST.......they planned to get away and they did just that. Now THAT is scary....what's next now?

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    callen said:

Wonder if there are any people that are reconsidering their position on guns?

don't count on it.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

this is becoming so common place it's sickening. and now GROUPS of shooters? what in the fuck? I'll stay in bumfuck canada, thank you very much.

That's what gets me (assuming it's accurate) - it being coordinated - and that no one has yet been captured. Pretty rare.

InHiding, I'm miles away and it feels close to me so I can only imagine what you must be going through. Keep safe.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

don't count on it.

Think maybe in the backs of their minds?

Looking forward to Trumps comments on this.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • I wonder if the NRA will suggest that developmentally disabled people should be armed
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

WTF is wrong w/ you??? ...throwing Trump into this at this point of this tragedy... Get a life or atleast a clue
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

WTF is wrong w/ you??? ...throwing Trump into this at this point of this tragedy... Get a life or atleast a clue
    See posting guidelines.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

I know, I mean it's absolutely insane to wonder how someone applying to become the most powerful person in the country would react to repeated mass shootings. Just fucking crazy

muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

I know, I mean it's absolutely insane to wonder how someone applying to become the most powerful person in the country would react to repeated mass shootings. Just fucking crazy
    It's way to early for anything other than thoughts for the injured and support for those who have lost loved ones. They don't even have a generic description on who did this....
    muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

Hahahahaha.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    g under p said:

dignin said:

Prayers aren't going to help any future victims of these mass shootings, the US needs action, they need gun control.

GUN control won't happen and it will NEVER happen in this country. Out of the many mass shootings this one is a FIRST.......they planned to get away and they did just that. Now THAT is scary....what's next now?

Peace

They will probably catch them.
    It's not quite a first I guess. There was a manhunt for the Boston bombers (not that that was a shooting, but same diff), and for the DC snipers... there are probably more that I can't remember.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

It's way to early for anything other than thoughts for the injured and support for those who have lost loved ones. They don't even have a generic description on who did this....
    Bullshit. What are my thoughts going to do to help these people? Sure, I hope they survive and the families of the dead someday find peace but It's the same fucking thing as the hundreds of other shootings.Putting pressure on our leaders and potential leaders may have a sliver of hope of helping people not die in the future and wondering how some jackass somehow leading his parties primary season reacts to these situations is a perfectly fine thing to wonder
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

PJ_Soul said:

I live nearby in Upland which is just east of the county border and am a client of that regional center since I have Asperger's. This became very fucking personal. May those terrorists get what they deserve ASAP by the armed law.

OMG, I'm so sorry, Yes, that is very close to home for you especially.... Glad you weren't there at the time.
    Haven't been there in 7 years so I'm very lucky. San Bernardino is scary enough.
    .... has to hit so very close to home, especially with you living near there and it being a place where you have been. Please stay safe, and thoughts and prayers sent out to those closely affected.
    edited December 2015
    muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

Really? I find nothing wrong with this comment. He just mentioned something that crossed his mind. This IS the forum where we discuss politics after all, and this IS the thread about guns in American, which IS a huge political issue. The comment is completely appropriate. No need to attack him for expressing his thoughts, geez. Calm the fuck down.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

Oh so I should wait till the NRA or Trump speaks? Really? HA.

Trump supporter huh? It's Okay. I get it.
    edited December 2015
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

Maybe don't try and dictate how other people deal with a mass shooting, hmmm? Plus, these guys are still on the loose. Only thinking about the injured and the families of the dead would actually be incredibly stupid right now.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    PJ_Soul said:

g under p said:

dignin said:

Peace

They will probably catch them.
    It's not quite a first I guess. There was a manhunt for the Boston bombers (not that that was a shooting, but same diff), and for the DC snipers... there are probably more that I can't remember.
    I can just imagine what those people are going through SB California. I lived through the DC snipers, the first shooting I worked in the community behind where that first shooting was. I sat on the very same bench where that first woman was killed. After that shooting and the next at a gas station.....others and myself included were nervous to go out and get gas. Eventually they were caught when I was in London and it led the news there. Apparently it was making big news in Europe, I hope these shooters get caught soon just to ease tensions.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Not to derail but Blue Caprice on Netflix about DC shooters. Interesting.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Fyi: California already has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,216
    Damn they might already have the suspects
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    How about this then, anyone who lives in that area better lock it down And if you are one of the smart ones it's time to get those bad guns out and attempt to protect you and your family.
  • It really is terrible how often this thread is constantly bumped due to instances such as this latest one.
    It is no secret that America has a shooting problem.
    Your POTUS will address this, then the other candidates.
    Trump will just compare this to the last shooting when he stated if more people were carrying less people would've been lost.
    Media will have this up for about a week,- coverage of mourning included.
    Won't be long for the next one to happen.
    Repeat.

edited December 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

Fyi: California already has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

Yeah but driving four hours west neuters those laws. And do all gun sales require background checks? Gun shows or personal transactions?
    I feel like it's not gun laws that are the main problem (though they are often pretty fucked). It's America's gun culture... the gun laws (tougher or weaker) perpetuate that, IMHO.
  • muskydan said:

How about this then, anyone who lives in that area better lock it down And if you are one of the smart ones it's time to get those bad guns out and attempt to protect you and your family.

California banned the "bad guns" way back in 89. You had to register it or sell it to a firearms dealer...
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    dignin said:
    Wow... hopefully the authorities have them.
  • dignin said:

muskydan said:

callen said:

callen said:

don't count on it.

See posting guidelines.
    Musky could have wrote the same thing on several occasions- he takes more shots from people than anyone else on this board; however, he never does. It's kind of petty to remind him of posting guidelines, yet stand back and say nothing when he is attacked.

With that said, Callen's relative indifference to this recent mass shooting should hardly be viewed as cold or callous- it's par for the US. It really is. Americans are gunning each other down at a pace no other country outside of ones actively engaged in a war of some sort can come remotely close to matching.

And... coincidence or not... the US is the most armed country in the world by far as well.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

dignin said:
    Wow... hopefully the authorities have them.
    It looked like one of them was dead in the middle of the street.......hopefully that was one of them.
This discussion has been closed.