America's Gun Violence

Comments

• A facility for people with developmental disabilities.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    PJ_Soul said:

San Bernardino: "CNN affiliate KABC reported that the shooting took place at Inland Regional Center, a facility for people with developmental disabilities."

Just when you think it can't get any lower, it does.

motherfuckinghell.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    Is that a definative location?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Frightening situation. Hope it is resolved soon! Stay vigilant people!
    mickeyrat said:

the location CNN is reporting. but it might be misleading. It sounds like more of an office building, now that I've read it, than a facility that houses disabled folks.

www.headstonesband.com

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    mickeyrat said:

CNN is reporting the PD tweeted there was an active shooter in the area of orange show rd and waterman Ave near park center.

Apparently a complex.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    edited December 2015
    Police confirmed multiple shooters, entered a room where an unidentified event was going on and opened fire. Conference center is where this occurred not at the developmental services office,apparently this is a three buildings complex.
    Post edited by OMGkatwoman on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

Police confirmed multiple shooters, entered a room where an unidentified event was going on and opened fire.

Wtf? Sounds like a very coordinated and planned attack. Prayers go out to the families involved.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Yes. IRC has a building on site that is a conference center which is available for rental. Believed to be an outside party hosting an event today at that location.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Yes. IRC has a building on site that is a conference center which is available for rental. Believed to be an outside party hosting an event today at that location.

IRC employee states he believed the event today was a county employee banquet of some sort.

Assailant (s) believed to have left before police arrival.

Witnesses are reporting long rifles, possibly AK47's and bomb threats? WTF...

Witnesses are reporting long rifles, possibly AK47's and bomb threats? WTF...

No. Police found what they describe as suspicious package or bag. Long guns yes.

• Now there is a shooting at a Target 10 miles from previous shooting....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited December 2015
    Target store? Reports of Discount mall with SWAT on scene for another shooting in Pasadena near two schools.
    Post edited by OMGkatwoman on
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    This horrible.....this is sadly becoming the norm in America and on not liking it. :(

Peace, we need more of it.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I live nearby in Upland which is just east of the county border and am a client of that regional center since I have Asperger's. This became very fucking personal. May those terrorists get what they deserve ASAP by the armed law.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,216
    This is insane ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

mickeyrat said:

the location CNN is reporting. but it might be misleading. It sounds like more of an office building, now that I've read it, than a facility that houses disabled folks.

this is terrible
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=Corp_News-Nov2015|AdWords:news_e_g_84291022999_&gclid=CM7BweiUvskCFQV8vQodgOoGyg
    and americans believe that suicide bombers are the ones to fear.

www.headstonesband.com

Pasadena PD tweeting that there was a situation with a parolee and not related to San Bernadino incident
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,216
    Damn at least 14 dead
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Can we just go a few pages back and copy and paste everything that was said?

This fucking country, man...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited December 2015

mickeyrat said:

I never had the impression that it housed anyone. I read it as being a social services office dedicated to people with developmental disabilities. Now it sounds more like that is one of several services within the building.
    And now up to 14 wounded, 14 dead? Holy fuck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

I live nearby in Upland which is just east of the county border and am a client of that regional center since I have Asperger's. This became very fucking personal. May those terrorists get what they deserve ASAP by the armed law.

OMG, I'm so sorry, Yes, that is very close to home for you especially.... Glad you weren't there at the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    this is becoming so common place it's sickening. and now GROUPS of shooters? what in the fuck? I'll stay in bumfuck canada, thank you very much.

www.headstonesband.com

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Prayers aren't going to help any future victims of these mass shootings, the US needs action, they need gun control.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

Wow, scary shit. Glad you're safe, and sorry that you have to deal with this. These events aren't just news stories, these acts are destroying lives and devastating families and communities. When will it end? Hopefully before we're all numb. It is a frustrating and helpless feeling watching these events unfold.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited December 2015
    dignin said:

Prayers aren't going to help any future victims of these mass shootings, the US needs action, they need gun control.

no, they need a gun on every man, woman, and toddler. strap one to your poodle if you have one!

-NRA

www.headstonesband.com

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Wonder if there are any people that are reconsidering their position on guns?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
This discussion has been closed.