Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    nvm
    There is no such thing as a right wing talking point.  Congrats, you’ve picked up on the buzzword from the last Dem debate when they didn’t want to answer a question.  It’s easy not to answer and brush off. You are aware of the false reporting of hate crimes I assume?  Now if we are to directly have a debate about mass shootings and hate crimes, let’s examine them.  There were two these past few days.  One of a far rightest, and one of a far leftist.  Can we agree on that and move forward?
    Ofc, I am aware of the false reporting because white supremacy is a hoax.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Interesting enough, a Chicago hospital closed its doors to taking any more er patients. The reason they were overwhelmed by gunshot victims.  Why isn’t this big news and set off any bells?  Doesn’t Chicago already have some of the strictest gun laws?  Please correct me if I’m wrong and please tell me why this isn’t big news?
    stopped taking ambulance runs, had reached trauma capacity. not uncommon decision when a big event occurs. such as multivehicle pileup, mass shooting or multiple shootings as Chicago experienced over the weekend or other large scale injury event. overflow or other victims went to one of 4 other hospitals for trauma treatment.

you would have seen the same in Dayton with the number of injured. Same for El Paso. That didnt exactly make the news for trauma center diversion decisions either.

the fact that chicago has strict gun laws is irrelevant considering within an hour or so drive from there you can be in 3 different states with varying degrees of laxity in gun laws.
    Hmm, so it’s okay for ambulances to stop making runs to a hospital? I mean car pile up or gunshot victims.  This case happens to be because of gunshot victims.  Not a mass shooting.  So that should be common.  No need to raise an alarm.  Check.

El Paso and and Dayton are an easy drive in from foreign countries.  So if every district around had equally strict lawns the problem would go away?  I can’t help but feel like you are rationalizing the irrational.  That’s my opinion granted

I would be more interested in your solutions.
    just how many trauma patients do you think a given hospital can or should handle at one time?
    I don’t have the answer.  But if it’s just taking in gunshot victims not connected with a mass shooting.  Just being another random Monday.  Don’t you think that is a cause of concern?  I don’t even understand how you could be a gun advocate after a mass shooting and even question why say to day life in a city like Chicago is”meh, well how many should they take?”  That logic falls on me.  It really does.  Try and justify this while making and arguing excuses for that.  You and myself are better than that.
    who says I am a gun advocate? because I accept reality here as it is means I'm an advocate? acceptance doesnt equate to approval or agreement.

you understand by diverting trauma victims from whatever type of injury(trauma meaning severe or life threatening) to other trauma centers offers the besy chance of survival dont you?

where are you from anyway?
    That was a type o.  It’s obvious you are an anti gun advocate.  Typing from my phone in the airport on a layover

so again, you are okay with Chicago hospitals having to divert trauma victims do to being overwhelmed by gunshot victims.  You see no issue with that but a mass shooting, now this is the hill you plant your flag on and are willing to die for?  I call hypocrisy.  With you lack of caring why and justifying why a Chicago hospital hat to divert patients because they were overwhelmed by gun violence victims and you continually argue why it’s okay.  Well that shows your real hand.  You strike me as an outrage monger.  Reality doesn’t matter, but headlines hit hard for you.  With that, I’m out of this conversation.  I prefer to talk with people that are fully concerned about the violence and can debate solutions with.  Not people that make excuses.  I wish you the best.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,610
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Weird, I expected Swedish Women to have the highest rate.
    You really need to step up whatever you are doing a notch.
    No, the subtlety is just perfect.  
    At least they have the right to maternal leave. And the right to abortions. And don't have to marry at 12. And are not like in the US being held back by you and your 'murican brothers.
    None of these are problems which should worry you in any country.  
    Exactly my point.
    But the exits from France to England, to New Zealand to the United States.  Are those are only the shootings that get headline attention.  Let’s not pretend the world has it all figured out and the US just hadn’t caught up.  Also take into account the population size and the diversity.  The US is it’s own case study.  There has never been a country this big and this diverse before with the amount of freedom offered.  We are the test.

Are we really not the test?  There’s a reason France has been France and England has been England for so long, and Spain has been Spain for so long.  Maybe there’s a reason they never decided hey let’s just be Frenglanish?
    You are a test in how one can make a population accept any BS served to them as long as you make them believe they are "the test"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited August 2019
      I prefer to talk with people that are fully concerned about the violence and can debate solutions with.  Not people that make excuses.  
    Maybe you should hit up Ivanka trump on twitter and whataboutisming all day long with her.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    At least they have the right to maternal leave. And the right to abortions. And don't have to marry at 12. And are not like in the US being held back by you and your 'murican brothers.
    Exactly my point.
    But the exits from France to England, to New Zealand to the United States.  Are those are only the shootings that get headline attention.  Let’s not pretend the world has it all figured out and the US just hadn’t caught up.  Also take into account the population size and the diversity.  The US is it’s own case study.  There has never been a country this big and this diverse before with the amount of freedom offered.  We are the test.

Are we really not the test?  There’s a reason France has been France and England has been England for so long, and Spain has been Spain for so long.  Maybe there’s a reason they never decided hey let’s just be Frenglanish?
    You are a test in how one can make a population accept any BS served to them as long as you make them believe they are "the test"

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.

How so?  Are you referring to 1984 or a Brave New World?  Ignore the past, make it up and congrol?this has been done before.
  • Options
      I prefer to talk with people that are fully concerned about the violence and can debate solutions with.  Not people that make excuses.  
    Maybe you should hit up Ivanka trump on twitter and whataboutisming all day long with her.
    Sadly. I don’t have a Twitter or even know what you are referring to.  But I’m sure that was a good burn, you got me comment.  Dang you got me so good with your lack of facts and insistent urge to put me down.  You got me there buddy.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.

How so?  Are you referring to 1984 or a Brave New World?  Ignore the past, make it up and congrol?this has been done before.
    If you are unable to see the US for what it is and falling into "big, diverse, freedom, unique experiment, soaring eagles" then you are proving my point.
  • Options

Joe Asks Bernie Sanders "Is There a Solution to Mass Shootings?"
    https://youtu.be/q8rnLBylKOs

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.

If you are unable to see the US for what it is and falling into "big, diverse, freedom, unique experiment, soaring eagles" then you are proving my point.
    Okay, so what is it?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Interesting enough, a Chicago hospital closed its doors to taking any more er patients. The reason they were overwhelmed by gunshot victims.  Why isn’t this big news and set off any bells?  Doesn’t Chicago already have some of the strictest gun laws?  Please correct me if I’m wrong and please tell me why this isn’t big news?
    stopped taking ambulance runs, had reached trauma capacity. not uncommon decision when a big event occurs. such as multivehicle pileup, mass shooting or multiple shootings as Chicago experienced over the weekend or other large scale injury event. overflow or other victims went to one of 4 other hospitals for trauma treatment.

you would have seen the same in Dayton with the number of injured. Same for El Paso. That didnt exactly make the news for trauma center diversion decisions either.

the fact that chicago has strict gun laws is irrelevant considering within an hour or so drive from there you can be in 3 different states with varying degrees of laxity in gun laws.
    Hmm, so it’s okay for ambulances to stop making runs to a hospital? I mean car pile up or gunshot victims.  This case happens to be because of gunshot victims.  Not a mass shooting.  So that should be common.  No need to raise an alarm.  Check.

El Paso and and Dayton are an easy drive in from foreign countries.  So if every district around had equally strict lawns the problem would go away?  I can’t help but feel like you are rationalizing the irrational.  That’s my opinion granted

I would be more interested in your solutions.
    just how many trauma patients do you think a given hospital can or should handle at one time?
    I don’t have the answer.  But if it’s just taking in gunshot victims not connected with a mass shooting.  Just being another random Monday.  Don’t you think that is a cause of concern?  I don’t even understand how you could be a gun advocate after a mass shooting and even question why say to day life in a city like Chicago is”meh, well how many should they take?”  That logic falls on me.  It really does.  Try and justify this while making and arguing excuses for that.  You and myself are better than that.
    who says I am a gun advocate? because I accept reality here as it is means I'm an advocate? acceptance doesnt equate to approval or agreement.

you understand by diverting trauma victims from whatever type of injury(trauma meaning severe or life threatening) to other trauma centers offers the besy chance of survival dont you?

where are you from anyway?
    That was a type o.  It’s obvious you are an anti gun advocate.  Typing from my phone in the airport on a layover

so again, you are okay with Chicago hospitals having to divert trauma victims do to being overwhelmed by gunshot victims.  You see no issue with that but a mass shooting, now this is the hill you plant your flag on and are willing to die for?  I call hypocrisy.  With you lack of caring why and justifying why a Chicago hospital hat to divert patients because they were overwhelmed by gun violence victims and you continually argue why it’s okay.  Well that shows your real hand.  You strike me as an outrage monger.  Reality doesn’t matter, but headlines hit hard for you.  With that, I’m out of this conversation.  I prefer to talk with people that are fully concerned about the violence and can debate solutions with.  Not people that make excuses.  I wish you the best.
    are you drunk?

you start your tirade around a hospital saying we reached our limit to effectively treat these injured patients. standard operating procedure to divert.

you later recognize I am not a gun advocate but in the next breath claim I am ok with this weekends events in chicago.

you asking us why the media wasnt as vocal on chicago , well you're asking the wrong people.

for my own sanity I have to be emotionally detached from these tragedies. they happen far too often
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    "The reality is that today as we speak there are appropriately 400 million guns in America. We have more guns than we have people."
    - Bernie

"the test"
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.

Okay, so what is it?
    Stupidity conditioned and politicized by politicians ruled by money.
  • Options
    "The reality is that today as we speak there are appropriately 400 million guns in America. We have more guns than we have people."
    - Bernie

"the test"
    Okay, so the guns have been around since the birth of the Nation.  You just posted a random Bernie quote.  I’m still waiting for your point here.  
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    - Bernie

"the test"
    Okay, so the guns have been around since the birth of the Nation.  You just posted a random Bernie quote.  I’m still waiting for your point here.  
    What's random about it?

And also, HAHA "It's in the very essence of who we are from when God created and blessed this land". HAHA

You don't think there were guns around in the 1800s in other, sane, countries?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?
    You are attempting to prove your point of why the US isn’t a social test.  You posted a Bernie quote.  I hope you understand why that really doesn’t influence or make me even think about why I might be wrong.  You’ve got to come out a little more specific and make a case for what you think and what point you are proving.  You told me I just proved your point earlier.  Above was your response why.  Not really making a case my friend.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?
    You are attempting to prove your point of why the US isn’t a social test.  You posted a Bernie quote.  I hope you understand why that really doesn’t influence or make me even think about why I might be wrong.  You’ve got to come out a little more specific and make a case for what you think and what point you are proving.  You told me I just proved your point earlier.  Above was your response why.  Not really making a case my friend.
    Try to keep up with how an internet forum works. Everything isn't about you. The quote was in relation to the video I posted on Bernie speaking of mass shooting. And the list of countries where "The god given test" really sets itself apart was also in connection to that.

There can be more discussion in a thread than yours.
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?

And also, HAHA "It's in the very essence of who we are from when God created and blessed this land". HAHA

You don't think there were guns around in the 1800s in other, sane, countries?
    To respond to your edit, no.  obviously not.  America had controlled the market on guns since 1776.  I’m also not sure who you quoted with your HAHA and ended quoting with your HAHA, but I assume you aren’t just debating me right now.  There are things to you.
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?
    And my point was proven by you parroting BIG. DIVERSE. CANT BE COMPARED. UNIQUE EXPERIMENT.

All that needs to be said.

I don't care about influencing you. I'm confident you are:

https://youtu.be/YqDLBG0I8uI
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?
    Try to keep up with how an internet forum works. Everything isn't about you. The quote was in relation to the video I posted on Bernie speaking of mass shooting. And the list of countries where "The god given test" really sets itself apart was also in connection to that.

Well I do try to keep up, especially if I’m debating with someone.  I would like to think the conversation does involve me.  But obviously I’m wrong in that aspect.  I wish you will my friend.  Keep fighting your good fight.
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?

Well I do try to keep up, especially if I’m debating with someone.  I would like to think the conversation does involve me.  But obviously I’m wrong in that aspect.  I wish you will my friend.  Keep fighting your good fight.
    It does involve you if you wish to.

Is that a Warren or Sanders sticker I see on the back of your SUV?
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?

I doubt it, I don’t own an suv.  But I do have a sweet bmw sedan and a gas eatin machine of a ford truck?   But for being a good sport, inbox me.  I’ve got some pj posters to get ride of.  Seriously, I enjoyed your passion.  For reals.  I’ll hook you up.
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?

I doubt it, I don’t own an suv.  But I do have a sweet bmw sedan and a gas eatin machine of a ford truck?   But for being a good sport, inbox me.  I’ve got some pj posters to get ride of.  Seriously, I enjoyed your passion.  For reals.  I’ll hook you up.
    Do you have KISS ALIVE III on vinyl?
  • Options
    nvm
    There is no such thing as a right wing talking point.  Congrats, you’ve picked up on the buzzword from the last Dem debate when they didn’t want to answer a question.  It’s easy not to answer and brush off. You are aware of the false reporting of hate crimes I assume?  Now if we are to directly have a debate about mass shootings and hate crimes, let’s examine them.  There were two these past few days.  One of a far rightest, and one of a far leftist.  Can we agree on that and move forward?
    Ofc, I am aware of the false reporting because white supremacy is a hoax.

• Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?

Nope, but I do have a spare copy of live on 10 legs and some killer posters from shows I’ve been too, including an extra Thomas Train.  But if you want to be facetious, not of my concern.  And also, Kiss sucked and will always suck.  Best wishes my friend, hope you get whatever point you wanted to make and that Kiss III album.
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?

Nope, but I do have a spare copy of live on 10 legs and some killer posters from shows I’ve been too, including an extra Thomas Train.  But if you want to be facetious, not of my concern.  And also, Kiss sucked and will always suck.  Best wishes my friend, hope you get whatever point you wanted to make and that Kiss III album.
    Facetious?  KISS Alive III > Live on ten legs. When it comes to live albums.
  • Options
    - Bernie

"the test"
    What's random about it?

Facetious?  KISS Alive III > Live on ten legs. When it comes to live albums. Hey 
    Yup, your politics are as wonky as you live album ratings.  Keep up with your CNN and Bernie Posts, and your love for Kiss Live III.  You are your own animal, live it, love it, never apologize for it.  
  • Options

Critics Blast Moscow Mitch For Undermining Gun Safety, Democracy 

https://youtu.be/ia9ag5aZiGY

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,007
    So does anyone have a real solution?  Two mass shootings.  One from a far right extremist, one from a far left extremist.  I’m sorry, but you can’t just point fingers and blame one side or the other.  Any actual solutions instead of the blame game and yelling trumpers or antifa’ers?  
    Do all of us a favor and start on page one of this thread and catch up.

This is why you can’t have a conversation around here.

What solutions would you offer for ending gun violence in Chicago or anywhere? How would you address hospital diversions? A woman working in a hospital in Chicago or Illinois had a heart attack or asthma attack and was diverted from her hospital to the one next door. She died. Where’s your outrage?

Nothing can be done.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    So does anyone have a real solution?  Two mass shootings.  One from a far right extremist, one from a far left extremist.  I’m sorry, but you can’t just point fingers and blame one side or the other.  Any actual solutions instead of the blame game and yelling trumpers or antifa’ers?  

What solutions would you offer for ending gun violence in Chicago or anywhere? How would you address hospital diversions? A woman working in a hospital in Chicago or Illinois had a heart attack or asthma attack and was diverted from her hospital to the one next door. She died. Where’s your outrage?

Nothing can be done.
    Hmm, last I checked I asked for solutions because obviously I don’t have them.  If your response is to attack me for my stance on asking, good for you.  Oh look, still no solution. Thanks for attacking me with no real input except for you taking a big ol moral chair to explain why you have no real input, but rationalizing why you don’t have any real input.  You really furthered the conversation buddy.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Nothing can be done.
    Hmm, last I checked I asked for solutions because obviously I don’t have them.  If your response is to attack me for my stance on asking, good for you.  Oh look, still no solution. Thanks for attacking me with no real input except for you taking a big ol moral chair to explain why you have no real input, but rationalizing why you don’t have any real input.  You really furthered the conversation buddy.
    COPY "Swedish gun laws"

PASTE

How about that as a first step?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
This discussion has been closed.