Comments

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,014
    He did this 2 1/2 years ago.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,185
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Weird, I expected Swedish Women to have the highest rate.
    You really need to step up whatever you are doing a notch.
    No, the subtlety is just perfect.  
    At least they have the right to maternal leave. And the right to abortions. And don't have to marry at 12. And are not like in the US being held back by you and your 'murican brothers.
    Ah someone is hurt....too close to home?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,840
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    At least they have the right to maternal leave. And the right to abortions. And don't have to marry at 12. And are not like in the US being held back by you and your 'murican brothers.
    None of these are problems which should worry you in any country.  
  • Options
    Two years ago. But I only know that because I was reading up on it the other day. 
    Damn. Really? But then again, how long since a bunch of kids got shot up and we as a country did NOTHING????

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited August 2019
    And for the record, I have posted article after article about what is wrong with ‘Murica and it’s gun laws, or lack or weakening thereof, everything from “responsible” gun shop owners not hardening their stores to prevent theft (waaaa, too expensive), to the ATF’s defunding of their enforcement capability, to “responsible” gun owners shooting shit, killing innocents and not suffering any consequences. So yea, ‘Murica is numb to it. Quick, without looking it up, how long ago was Vegas?
    Besides being a red sox fan I think you have a lot of valid points. Are there many instances of gun stores not being secure enough to protect against theft? 

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,007
    Two years ago. But I only know that because I was reading up on it the other day. 
    Damn. Really? But then again, how long since a bunch of kids got shot up and we as a country did NOTHING????

Not we as a country. One political party and one particular dem President tried to do something and repubs in Congress did nothing. Moscow Mitchy Baby and Paul Eddie Munster Ryan did the NRA’s bidding. Wholly owned subsidiaries.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Not we as a country. One political party and one particular dem President tried to do something and repubs in Congress did nothing. Moscow Mitchy Baby and Paul Eddie Munster Ryan did the NRA’s bidding. Wholly owned subsidiaries.
    No arguing with that. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,368
    Not much media coverage (or discussion on this board for that matter) of the seven people shot dead and forty-six people wounded in Chicago over the weekend. That’s strange. Is murder and gun violence just accepted in Chicago at this point? Or is there just no way to politicize it like the Texas and Ohio shootings so why bother covering it? 
    Discuss away.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/last-72-hours

Number of mass shootings this year - 253
    Today is only the 219th day of the year...

Number of deaths this year - 8,868
    That's an average of 40 deaths per day...

That is terrifying.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2019
    What are the chances that Trump is apologetic when he visits El Paso & Dayton tomorrow?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    Renfield said:
    What are the chances that Trump is apologetic when he visits El Paso & Dayton tomorrow?
    Would never, ever happen but could you imagine if he actually did humbly come out and condemn his own rhetoric? It would take some acting, but it would be brilliant politically and help him for re-election. And really, being re-elected and not being indicted are the only two things he really cares about. Illegal immigration? Think he gives a shit as he sits up in his Manhattan tower? He'd stand with his arm around AOC's shoulder weeping about the detention centers if it would politically help him. 

I think the GOP has brought the worst out of Trump as much (if not more) than he's brought it out of them. From the first time I saw Trump (Wrestlemania 4 VHS - 1988) to the moment BEFORE he came down the escalator in 2015, I never got a racist or hateful vibe off him. Just seemed like some rich douche. But once he joined that GOP, and saw "Oh...THIS is how this party can be won over?," he went for it. He has shamelessly  said everything that many republican politicians have wanted to say loudly for years, but didn't have the nerve. When it comes to being shameless, Trump has the nerve. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,596
    Renfield said:
    As a textbook narcissist he will NEVER EVER apologize for anything
  • Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    So does anyone have a real solution?  Two mass shootings.  One from a far right extremist, one from a far left extremist.  I’m sorry, but you can’t just point fingers and blame one side or the other.  Any actual solutions instead of the blame game and yelling trumpers or antifa’ers?  
  • Options
    Interesting enough, a Chicago hospital closed its doors to taking any more er patients. The reason they were overwhelmed by gunshot victims.  Why isn’t this big news and set off any bells?  Doesn’t Chicago already have some of the strictest gun laws?  Please correct me if I’m wrong and please tell me why this isn’t big news?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    Far left shooter?

Unfortunately with Indiana being 15 minutes away, gun laws in Chicago have no teeth.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
    Interesting enough, a Chicago hospital closed its doors to taking any more er patients. The reason they were overwhelmed by gunshot victims.  Why isn’t this big news and set off any bells?  Doesn’t Chicago already have some of the strictest gun laws?  Please correct me if I’m wrong and please tell me why this isn’t big news?
    stopped taking ambulance runs, had reached trauma capacity. not uncommon decision when a big event occurs. such as multivehicle pileup, mass shooting or multiple shootings as Chicago experienced over the weekend or other large scale injury event. overflow or other victims went to one of 4 other hospitals for trauma treatment.

you would have seen the same in Dayton with the number of injured. Same for El Paso. That didnt exactly make the news for trauma center diversion decisions either.

the fact that chicago has strict gun laws is irrelevant considering within an hour or so drive from there you can be in 3 different states with varying degrees of laxity in gun laws.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    stopped taking ambulance runs, had reached trauma capacity. not uncommon decision when a big event occurs. such as multivehicle pileup, mass shooting or multiple shootings as Chicago experienced over the weekend or other large scale injury event. overflow or other victims went to one of 4 other hospitals for trauma treatment.

you would have seen the same in Dayton with the number of injured. Same for El Paso. That didnt exactly make the news for trauma center diversion decisions either.

the fact that chicago has strict gun laws is irrelevant considering within an hour or so drive from there you can be in 3 different states with varying degrees of laxity in gun laws.
    Hmm, so it’s okay for ambulances to stop making runs to a hospital? I mean car pile up or gunshot victims.  This case happens to be because of gunshot victims.  Not a mass shooting.  So that should be common.  No need to raise an alarm.  Check.

El Paso and and Dayton are an easy drive in from foreign countries.  So if every district around had equally strict lawns the problem would go away?  I can’t help but feel like you are rationalizing the irrational.  That’s my opinion granted

I would be more interested in your solutions.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    Far left shooter?

Unfortunately with Indiana being 15 minutes away, gun laws in Chicago have no teeth.
    Yes, believe it or not.  Doesn’t fit the narrative some push, but yup.  It’s true.

El Paso is less than 5 minutes from Mexico, and we are divided on controlling the border.  Should Mexico laws adhere to US laws?  How many out of state guns are responsible for the Chicago shootings?  Honest questions.  I stand to be educated.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    Smellyman said:
    Far left shooter?

Yes, believe it or not.  Doesn’t fit the narrative some push, but yup.  It’s true.

El Paso is less than 5 minutes from Mexico, and we are divided on controlling the border.  Should Mexico laws adhere to US laws?  How many out of state guns are responsible for the Chicago shootings?  Honest questions.  I stand to be educated.
    'I stand to be educated.'

Understatement.  Nobody should have to explain the difference between Illinois/Indiana and USA/Mexico.

'Yes, believe it or not.  Doesn’t fit the narrative some push, but yup.  It’s true'

Solid point

• Options
    Smellyman said:
    Smellyman said:
    Far left shooter?

'I stand to be educated.'

Understatement.  Nobody should have to explain the difference between Illinois/Indiana and USA/Mexico.

'Yes, believe it or not.  Doesn’t fit the narrative some push, but yup.  It’s true'

Solid point

Why?  You are taking an elitist approach.  How do we solve this issue?  With the push of open borders what’s the difference?  Also so how many guns in Chicago have been involved from shootings that are directly  linked to other cities?  I’m looking for facts to support your view. Help me agree with you.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,610
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    So what point are you making with this?

Maybe it is just me missing it. But would like to know. :)

And how many of the Russian and Ukrainian suicides are in fact state-sanctioned political hits? haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Hmm, so it’s okay for ambulances to stop making runs to a hospital? I mean car pile up or gunshot victims.  This case happens to be because of gunshot victims.  Not a mass shooting.  So that should be common.  No need to raise an alarm.  Check.

El Paso and and Dayton are an easy drive in from foreign countries.  So if every district around had equally strict lawns the problem would go away?  I can’t help but feel like you are rationalizing the irrational.  That’s my opinion granted

just how many trauma patients do you think a given hospital can or should handle at one time?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.
    But the exits from France to England, to New Zealand to the United States.  Are those are only the shootings that get headline attention.  Let’s not pretend the world has it all figured out and the US just hadn’t caught up.  Also take into account the population size and the diversity.  The US is it’s own case study.  There has never been a country this big and this diverse before with the amount of freedom offered.  We are the test.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    Far left shooter?

given chicago laws virtually all of them.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.
    But the exits from France to England, to New Zealand to the United States.  Are those are only the shootings that get headline attention.  Let’s not pretend the world has it all figured out and the US just hadn’t caught up.  Also take into account the population size and the diversity.  The US is it’s own case study.  There has never been a country this big and this diverse before with the amount of freedom offered.  We are the test.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

just how many trauma patients do you think a given hospital can or should handle at one time?
    I don’t have the answer.  But if it’s just taking in gunshot victims not connected with a mass shooting.  Just being another random Monday.  Don’t you think that is a cause of concern?  I don’t even understand how you could be a gun advocate after a mass shooting and even question why say to day life in a city like Chicago is”meh, well how many should they take?”  That logic falls on me.  It really does.  Try and justify this while making and arguing excuses for that.  You and myself are better than that.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly my point.

Are we really not the test?  There’s a reason France has been France and England has been England for so long, and Spain has been Spain for so long.  Maybe there’s a reason they never decided hey let’s just be Frenglanish?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,610
    edited August 2019
    nvm
  • Options
    nvm
    There is no such thing as a right wing talking point.  Congrats, you’ve picked up on the buzzword from the last Dem debate when they didn’t want to answer a question.  It’s easy not to answer and brush off. You are aware of the false reporting of hate crimes I assume?  Now if we are to directly have a debate about mass shootings and hate crimes, let’s examine them.  There were two these past few days.  One of a far rightest, and one of a far leftist.  Can we agree on that and move forward?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

I don’t have the answer.  But if it’s just taking in gunshot victims not connected with a mass shooting.  Just being another random Monday.  Don’t you think that is a cause of concern?  I don’t even understand how you could be a gun advocate after a mass shooting and even question why say to day life in a city like Chicago is”meh, well how many should they take?”  That logic falls on me.  It really does.  Try and justify this while making and arguing excuses for that.  You and myself are better than that.
    who says I am a gun advocate? because I accept reality here as it is means I'm an advocate? acceptance doesnt equate to approval or agreement.

you understand by diverting trauma victims from whatever type of injury(trauma meaning severe or life threatening) to other trauma centers offers the besy chance of survival dont you?

where are you from anyway?

This discussion has been closed.